Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media (826 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Slams Okoroacha - You Are A Monkey, Selling Out Igbos / Buhari Appoints Tolu Ogunlesi As His SA On Digital/New Media / Buhari Appoints Nasir Adhama As SA On Youth And Student Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by Jimiyke(m): 12:21pm On Jun 19, 2015
News came in that one IK Ogbonna,the immediate past Special Assistant, SA on social media to the IMO state governor,Rochas Okorocha has been reappointed.

This reappointment is yet another round peg in a square hole from the state governor. Immediately the news frittered in ,I wondered that on what basis was that unprofessional fellow reappointed?.granted that the governor made an unintentional mistake when he gave him the first appointment, why the reappointment?. All over the world,reappointment is a reward for having done well in the first outing. If there is any appointee of the governor who failed in his assignment in the last dispensation, that was that Ogbonna .

If governor Okorocha gives his appointments on merits,Ogbenna is one fellow who has no business getting one .As an SA,social media to the governor, Ogbenna was supposed to be the chief marketing officer of the IMO state government on all social media platforms.He was supposed to be bringing to the public the achievements, policies and programs of the state government. His Facebook Account was supposed to be relied on for accurate information about the government of IMO state.

But Ogbonna represents everything contrary to the above points. He is not informed about the programs of the government.he doesn't know how to write good pieces.

When bloggers in imo are listed,Ogbonna's name will never be included. He used his period as SA social media to the governor to de-market the activities of the state government. Ogbonna spends his time on social media making the governor unsellable.

He employed hate,hatred, acrimony and rancor on the social media platform.He was busy making enemies.

As an SA ,social media, Ogbenna was busy blocking and warning all those who criticize the programs of the state government.

Ekwe Scott Ekwe,Chinagorom Christopher,Mc Bannana Mouth Gcfrn ,Prince Ikem Obioma,etc are the ones doing the Ogbonna's job.they know how to respond to criticisms on the state government. They know how to defend and market the policies of the government, even when people have issues with them.

If appointment are done on merits,this is one appointment that wouldn't have seen the light of the day.Ogbonna is an enemy of the rescue mission government. Though I am not surprised by his action because he has no experience about the job he was given. He knows nothing about the media and has no passion for the job.having known his antecedent when he served Willie Amadi before ,i did not expect any good result from him.

I am only concerned that the job of projecting IMO state government on social media has been given to a non professional. an enemy of the government again. This has proven that Okorocha has no penchant for excellence and merit. I can only expect worst from him this time.Ogbonna is from Abia state for that matter, but despite that, he is not the best for that Job.
Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by Caseless: 12:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
If something is done repeatedly, it is no more a mistake.

1 Like

Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by ujoatu(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ik Ogbonna Appointed SA on Social Media to Gov Rochas Okorocha

A distinguished Public Relations practitioner and Journalist of note, Mr Ikechukwu Ogbonna has been appointed the new Special Assistant, SA on Social Media to the Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha.

Mr Ogbonna is a graduate of Imo State University where he bagged a Bachelor of Science degree in Sociology and was elected as the first Director of Information of the Students Union Government, SUG of the institution. He returned to the institution for a Masters degree in Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management and currently pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree in the same field. To horn his skills in Public Relations and Journalism, Ogbonna attended the International Institute of Journalism, IIJ, Owerri campus and obtained a Post-Graduate Diploma in Journalism.

He is currently the Imo State Chapter Secretary of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, NIPR. He is a university administrator and member of the Association of Nigeria University Professional Administrators, ANUPA. He is also a registered member of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ.

Ogbonna was at various times a columnist with Announcer Express, Newspoint and Horn Newspapers in Imo State and the Principal Consultant of KIT Consulting, PR/Media Consultants.

A multi-disciplinary professional, Ik Ogbonna as he is better known, has amassed over 15yrs of cognate working experience cutting across public and private sectors.

Prior to his elevation as SA, he was the Principal Officer to the Imo State Governor on Social Media where he served with distinction.

Remarkably, Ik Ogbonna was among the very few aides to the Governor, who were asked to continue on their duty post, even after the State Executive council was dissolved.

Haters should fall and die. I know Ik and he has done well.

2 Likes

Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:31pm On Jun 19, 2015
Op stop being jealous. IK Ogbonna deserves the re-appointment. Work hard and stop beefing a fellow brother.

1 Like

Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by ujoatu(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2015
I know him. Evil people envious of his rise should ikem Obioma, Ekwe u re jealous of a rising star. Until you learn to applaud others, no one will applaud u
Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by Jimiyke(m): 5:33am On Jun 24, 2015
Ujoatu (Aka IK OGBONNA) we know you, keep praising yourself, but know what? Let me reserve my comment!!!
Re: As Rochas Okoroacha Makes Enemy Sa On Social Media by Vicadonis(m): 6:22am On Jun 24, 2015
story for Esu

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Will Regret His Inaction During The NASS Saga..by ----gr8amechi / Executive Stalemate: Nigeria’s New Regime Grounded In Confusion / Buhari Not A Miracle Worker, It’s Too Early For Nigerians To Complain – Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.