Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children (2098 Views)

10 Image Signs Of Bad Parenting On Children- Afriwap / Parents Or Intending Parents, You Must Read This / Best Advice You Ever Got From Your Parents Or Anyone Else. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 10:42pm On Jun 19, 2015
NL, I was wondering between the two who has more influence. most times if I correct my daughter she will say my aunty said its like this or that.

so I ask who has more influence on the children and why?
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by Judeoxide(m): 10:44pm On Jun 19, 2015
Mentally parents
Psychologically teachers...

I no no why Na so I meet am
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by Mcowubaba: 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2015
There is no definite answer...
The question is subjected to various factors nd variables for proper analysis....
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by tpiadotcom: 10:54pm On Jun 19, 2015
this or that again.
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 5:55am On Jun 20, 2015
Judeoxide:
Mentally parents
Psychologically teachers...

I no no why Na so I meet am
What do you mean by mentally
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2015
Mcowubaba:
There is no definite answer...
The question is subjected to various factors nd variables for proper analysis....
What are d various factors
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by NifemiOlu(m): 6:00am On Jun 20, 2015
Parents...generally. Socialization begins at home.
Academically, teachers. That's why if you want to teach your child a formula, he/she would say "this is how our teacher taught us". It's depends on which angle you view it from.

On a bigger scale, parents.
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by funlord(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2015
grin Parents of course! Na the character wey you carry waka come from house the teachers go need to deal with or help you mould!
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by Mcowubaba: 7:23am On Jun 20, 2015
jamp:

What are d various factors
Oga, na long story....
But lemme list few:
The age of the child
The environment/location of the child
Culture nd Religion
Type of school the child goes to (government, private, vocational e.t.c)
Level of association of the child d with parents(some parents r too busy 4 dia children)
The parents mode of training...

All this factors nd many more are not Constant, nd varies from family to family, so no definite result can be deduced from d Question...it has various answers!!!
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 20, 2015
It's teachers o, even though parents have some parts to play.
When I was a kid, I always retort back when scolded by my parents unlike teachers. Mbanu! who born me... tongue

Whenever I misbehave, my parents always threaten me that they would report me to my teacher and I shiver.

But like they say charity begins at home; I learnt most of the things from my home before teachers instilled some.
Generally, I was/am naughty at home, quiet both in school & outside. grin

1 Like

Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2015
FrancisTony:
It's teachers o, even though parents have some parts to play.
When I was a kid, I always retort back when scolded by my parents unlike teachers. Mbanu! who born me... tongue

Whenever I misbehave, my parents always threaten me that they would report me to my teacher and I shiver.

But like they say charity begins at home; I learnt most of the things from my home before teachers instilled some.
Generally, I was/am naughty at home, quiet both in school & outside. grin

U ve a point looking at current situation where children spend more time in school than at home.

1 Like

Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
more coment please
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by goldbim(f): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
In my opinion ,I"ll say both have equal influence.the parent(home)teacher(school).Atimes,kids act on what they have heard their parents saying.most times the moral upbringing of a child lies more on the parent.the teacher is just a part time parent.that's why most kids see their teachers as mentors.if a child is well brought up @home and the teacher too keeps inculcating good values in a child,it makes it easier for both parties.(Parent n teacher)but a situation where the parent or teacher is laying negative example,then there is an issue.above all,may God help us to be the desired parent and teacher too .
Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by gostartit(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
I used to have such problems with my boys but they later got to know that i am always right, just give them some time and they come round to trust and believe you more and more.

Re: Parents Or Teacher--who Has More Influence On Children by jamp: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2015
gostartit:
I used to have such problems with my boys but they later got to know that i am always right, just give them some time and they come round to trust and believe you more and more.

Noted

(1) (Reply)

See What ISIS Did To This Handsome Young Man (pix) / Please Help! My Girlfriend Has Really Changed / Being Childfree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.