Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter (1416 Views)

Application Letter Written By A Female Graduate Of Federal Poly Nekede (Photos) / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) / Photo:see A Final Year Student Of Unizik That Just Finish Her Final Degree Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by RobinHez(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2015

We received an email this morning from someone
who according to the information he provided,
claimed to be a final year student of the Federal
Polytechnic Nekede, Owerri Imo state.
The mail was supposed to be an application letter for
a job in Myschool Limited.
Below is the exact copy of the letter. However, the
phone number, email and name of the sender have
been excluded to protect his identity.
"Subject:
Requestion for a postion
Myschool, i really appreciate ur site for d academics
updates daily, weldone, may
GOd give u people d strength and capital in ur
servies. Becos of dat am pleasing to
apply for employing as a a school ADMIN IN MY
SCHOOL OR ANY position IN UR OFFICE
PLS. Iam a young handsome guy from AKWA IBOM
but am school in nekede poly final, in
d dept of ****** engineering , a programer,
webdesigner, a blogger,and odas online
stuffs.i have d following site by me: a bulksms site, a
bloging site,a personal site,
a shopping site and odas.i have a 2 yrs working
experience with JOAS AFRICA
COMPANY,UBA BANK,etc. Pls hoping to hear a reply
ur office. Thanks. "

It is not as if we all must be gurus in the use of
English language. Some mistakes are
understandable.
However, the poor punctuations, spellings and gross
grammatical errors that characterized the content of
the mail above especially when juxtaposed with the
fact that this is coming from a final year student;
someone who will soon be a certified graduate is
really worrisome and makes you wonder who is to be
blamed - the student or his supposed teachers/
lecturers or the country?
Mind you, the reason we published this is not to
condemn the sender or present him in a bad light.
But to let others learn from it. A letter like this will
out rightly get you disqualified for any job. Unless
otherwise, the use of English language is not a
criterion.
Source: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/37487/see-what-a-final-year-student-sent-to-us-as-a-job-application-letter.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by RobinHez(m): 11:47am On Jun 20, 2015
Ftc!
Lol...@young handsome guy cheesy
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by okosodo: 11:51am On Jun 20, 2015
I no believe
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 20, 2015
That dude is not an Akwa ibomite, I know my modern boys are intellectually stable.

Handsome .......................... I don deny this one abeg.

1 Like

Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by premConcept: 12:03pm On Jun 20, 2015
Na handsomeness them go take give am job?

Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
come to ABU u'll see guyZ who cannot compose a simple english but are very good academically....
sometimes it's not abt hw well u speak or hw well u write.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by RobinHez(m): 12:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
tonywirelex:
come to ABU u'll see guyZ who cannot compose a simple english but are very good academically....
Ta! Dats a blatant excuse and lie!

U can't tell me dat a person who can't compose a 'simple grammatical expression' is good academically.

How does he/she intend to solve word problems in Maths or physics
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Ewizard(m): 12:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
grin grin
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by RobinHez(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lalasticlala smiley
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Dannidom(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
But if its a web design/developing job the guy deserves some reasons for doubt

my 2 cents (M2C)
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Yustash001(m): 1:22pm On Jun 20, 2015
That's what typing in shorthands can cause....
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by haftob(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
RobinHez:

Ta! Dats a blatant excuse and lie!

U can't tell me dat a person who can't compose a 'simple grammatical expression' is good academically.

How does he/she intend to solve word problems in Maths or physics
I've actually seen someone lyk dat b4, I asked the person to solve a physics question for me, I noticed he can't even read the question well but honestly the guy knws wat he's to do, he broke down the question and explained it to me in detail using yoruba.
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Sageez(m): 4:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
we d entire citizen of Akwa ibom rejects this one
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by RobinHez(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
haftob:

I've actually seen someone lyk dat b4, I asked the person to solve a physics question for me, I noticed he can't even read the question well but honestly the guy knws wat he's to do, he broke down the question and explained it to me in detail using yoruba.
Contradictory statement!
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by jsunex(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2015
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by TheHood: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
Later they will be crying about unemployment...when they are not even worthy of it!

Lalasticlala Frontpage abeg!
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by TheHood: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Just listen to urself angry
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by rhymaholic: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2015
I don't doubt that letter because I've seen far worse cases than that. There are some graduates you read stuffs they wrote and you are shocked at how they can't even punctuate and spell simple words properly. The system is to be blamed.

1 Like

Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Aspiregreat: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
Just like what the person above me said,our school dis days are not good, if he no didnt get the job, he will start complain that naija is not good,haba! Kai we shd pls no what we do in school, i no dat our country, is not too good to learn fine fine, but please learn the one u can learn and know it very well.....thanks
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Holywizard: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
u're an 1diot.

I'm a final year student of fedpolynek. Dept of bank/fin precisely.
Ewu gambia; my skul is one of de best in Nigeria academically, morally & social otherwise.

In terms of admission we receive de highest number of applicants/jambites in Nigeria.

GREATEST BANKERS!!!

GREATEST NIGERIAN STUDENTS!!!

ALUTA CONTINUA!!!
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by adegwurulez(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
.:
Iam a young handsome guy from AKWA
IBOM
but am school in nekede poly final, in
d dept of ****** engineering , a programer,
webdesigner, a blogger, and odas online
stuffs.
A blogger? That explains alot.
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Elevation(m): 11:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
Aspiregreat:
Just like what the person above me said,our school dis days are not good, if he no didnt get the job, he will start complain that naija is not good,haba! Kai we shd pls no what we do in school, i no dat our country, is not too good to learn fine fine, but please learn the one u can learn and know it very well.....thanks
Pot and kettle scenario.
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by TheHood: 8:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
adegwurulez:
A blogger? That explains alot.
not all bloggers are like this o...
Re: See What A Final Year Student Sent As An Application Letter by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 03, 2015
nope. You are wrong in this. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Yomi Otubela Foundation Opens Registration For 2017 Scholarship Examination / 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship Interview / Newly Completed Students Hostel Collapses Near UNIZIK In Awka. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.