Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. (24193 Views)

5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy / Top 5 Ways To Make Money With Your Blog Without Adsense / 5 Ways To Drive Targeted Traffic With Your Next Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kajiang02(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
kennygee:

Very true.

grin
There're some old names and Moniker I still wish we could bring back.
Recall beaf (politics section). Mukina and Mukina2, very active in moderator role, as well as some other crazy dudes i'll go down archive to remember.

The Politics section was great fun then, we all troop in to learn. Everything changed after the 2007 elections and became worse in 2011.

Another point is the tribal war that began much in 2008 as I observed.

At times I ask myself, which other platform could be this all encompassing, other than NL.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by lordkit3(m): 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nairalanders get free recharge cards pins for all network this weekend, click http:///officialunitedwap also like this page click http://facebook.com/officialunitedwap
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kajiang02:

grin
There're some old names and Moniker I still wish we could bring back.
Recall beaf (politics section). Mukina and Mukina2, very active in moderator role, as well as some other crazy dudes i'll go down archive to remember.

The Politics section was great fun then, we all troop in to learn. Everything changed after the 2007 elections and became worse in 2011.

Another point is the tribal war that began much in 2008 as I observed.

At times I ask myself, which other platform could be this all encompassing, other than NL.

And the mediocrity and tribalism made it even worse.

The sexuality section back them had mature content and people knew how to handle it.

Politics section was educative and mind blowing.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by musicwriter(m): 4:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
I wanted to register a domain and all was already taken, including Nairaland.com Fortunately, as I always do, if a domain is taken I type the domain to know what they're doing. So, I typed Nairaland.com and it was a forum and I loved it.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Abayor7: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
You do not just appear on Nairaland by mistake and i am sure the below listed is one of the way you find yourself here
1. Google: I am very sure that most Nairaland members find themselves on this forum through Google. When people visit Google in the course of finding an answer to something, most often they are redirected to Nairaland to get the answers they want. And since they ussually get solutions to their problems here, they start to getting curious about the site: Nairaland.com... They stalk the site for some moment and when they find it interesting... They click on the Sign up button.

2. News: These set of people visit Nairaland just to get the latest news and information, they have been a guest for a long time without them even realizing it. They dont care about people's comment at first, but there will be a time when they will feel the need to comment on a thread, they they will know that they need Nairaland membership card for them to do that.. And that they get by signing up.

3. Friend: Just like facebook and any other social network, people sign up because of the need to do what their friends are doing. Some people find Nairaland so interesting that they tell there friends about it.. Luring others to sign up too.

4. Humour: What makes other social networks like Facebook, BBM and 2go boring at times is that it's not everytime you get to find something to laugh about, and it's not everytime you get to have your interesting friends online but that is not the case on Nairaland. There will always be something to laugh about and there will always be an interesting member online Nairaland never run out of newsfeed (thread) and no matter the kind of thread created, Nairaland members will dig through the funny side of it. Just what some people are looking for, so they Sign up.

5. Testing In the first place, some people do not really know what Nairaland is about. They just sign up because of reason not even known to them. But when they revisit, and they see peoples comments and different kind of personalities displayed on Nairaland make them roll on the floor laughing or make them turn serious because they find what they are seeing interesting and educating, they visit again, again and again till they start participating too. They become glued to the forum.

Other than the listed above, how did you find yourself on Nairaland, feel free to add yours
cc lalasticlala

Nairaland.com = my Google.com
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kajiang02(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
kennygee:

And the mediocrity and tribalism made it even worse.

The sexuality section back them had mature content and people knew how to handle it.

Politics section was educative and mind blowing.

I always relate NL to our Nigerian context. Recall our parents would tell us there were Jobs everywhere in the Older times. All you needed was some form of formal Education, and a Job was waiting for you. But with the population increase and blow outs, things became worse (combined with bad leadership).

I relate to NL at times that with more people coming in, from diverse cultures, tribes etc as well as different orientation about life, we'll get to meet the good, bad and ugly.

All sections on NL have their merits/demerits, but I always hope that things get better, cos the way people take dey fight and quarrel themselves online ehn, chai, the hatred just too much.

I had even gone OFF topic sef,

OP,
I knew NL in march/april 2005 at its early days, only seun dey create topics and engage us in it. I saw a friend who just registered for was in his 3rd day on NL, actively participating in a conversation, and it struck me. I created a moniker (or assumed I created one) and read/laugh regularly till the next year I wanted to make a comment, only to realize I couldn't login again. So I created this one.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Rick9(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2015
2011 Google made me discover Nairaland I was 17 then just bought ma first browsing fone Nokia5800 , so I was searching for waec result when it will be released and when it was finally released, I searched again when it was rumored that waec was upgrading the grades, that's how I got stuck on nairaland, I reached the peak of nairaland during the last general elections that was when I was most active.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2015
Through google.... 4 yrs ago... Wanted to make peppersoup grin ... Got redirected.. Had to sign up to leave a comment.... After much peppersoup struggle... I finally got the hang of it cheesy... I logged out... Fast forward 4 years later am back again to learn some business tweak... Lool.. Isn't life amazing?
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Rick9:
2011 Google made me discover Nairaland I was 17 then just bought ma first browsing fone Nokia5800 , so I was searching for waec result when it will be released and when it was finally released, I searched again when it was rumored that waec was upgrading the grades, that's how I got stuck on nairaland, I reached the peak of nairaland during the last general elections that was when I was most active.

Same here 2011... Was 16 then

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kajiang02:

I always relate NL to our Nigerian context. Recall our parents would tell us there were Jobs everywhere in the Older times. All you needed was some form of formal Education, and a Job was waiting for you. But with the population increase and blow outs, things became worse (combined with bad leadership).

I relate to NL at times that with more people coming in, from diverse cultures, tribes etc as well as different orientation about life, we'll get to meet the good, bad and ugly.

All sections on NL have their merits/demerits, but I always hope that things get better, cos the way people take dey fight and quarrel themselves online ehn, chai, the hatred just too much.

I had even gone OFF topic sef,

OP,
I knew NL in march/april 2005 at its early days, only seun dey create topics and engage us in it. I saw a friend who just registered for was in his 3rd day on NL, actively participating in a conversation, and it struck me. I created a moniker (or assumed I created one) and read/laugh regularly till the next year I wanted to make a comment, only to realize I couldn't login again. So I created this one.

lol.

NL was really fun back then. And i was only a teenager.

Now i see young pple fighting about something as silly as tribe or religion.

It really beats me.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by amalder: 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2015
God bless your MAMA my friend your so true!
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
Google.
Was searching for some rap battle stuffs in naija
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Vic18: 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
peoples comment in nairaland makes me laugh,so I joined because I didn't want to miss out hahaha
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by eduxerxes: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
I was serving in one village for Akwa Ibom state. 4 yrs ago, na him idleness wan finish my life. As I no be straffing type, I just dey browse my google and I saw nairaland, went thru romance section and gbam!!! Na him be that. And we lived happily ever after!

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Seunpaul01(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2015
Nairaland is always fun. a site of many adventures. i find it out from surfing through uc browser, since 2010
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
let me give u a clue
okk,I'm all eyes cheesy
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by bigerboy200: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
Tho nairaland is more about "copy paste" journalism, I prefer reading the news here rather than the original sources cos of the crazy comments.. nairaland is one forum where u have d "craaziest" set of Nigerians..
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by fajigirl(f): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
I'm here! grin
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Ndkings1(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2015
It was 6years ago when i was making findings on lil wayness incarceration...googl brought me here....by redirection
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Akinrogun(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2015
ZUBY77:
I like it here because it helps me calculate the amount of iddiots being produced by Nigeria on daily basis.
And there are many of them ranging from academic iddiots to religious and political idiotssss. And the worst set are the Religious idiotssss... Both Muslim and Christians equal.

Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kajiang02(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
kennygee:

lol.

NL was really fun back then. And i was only a teenager.

Now i see young pple fighting about something as silly as tribe or religion.

It really beats me.

Na advent of swiftness in mobile phone browsing make people plenty here. Then, it was more of surfing the net on PCs and Internet was a luxury somehow.

Kenyyyyyyyy, How you take be teen then when Taiye na adult? Sora e oooo.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kajiang02:

Na advent of swiftness in mobile phone browsing make people plenty here. Then, it was more of surfing the net on PCs and Internet was a luxury somehow.

Kenyyyyyyyy, How you take be teen then when Taiye na adult? Sora e oooo.

ROTFL
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Christmasdon(m): 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Me myself, one day i typed "how to kiss a girl" on google, behold, i had to find nairaland.com.
Waoh, nairaland carry go.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Na nairalanders funny comments make me sign up for hia o
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

okk,I'm all eyes cheesy
in privates
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by cooluc(f): 6:00pm On Jun 20, 2015
When ever I need smth to laugh abt n to kill boredom I go to nairaland like serriously... it beats fb, bbm channels, twiter n d likes
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by komek(m): 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2015
ZUBY77:
I like it here because it helps me calculate the amount of iddiots being produced by Nigeria on daily basis.
And there are many of them ranging from academic iddiots to religious and political idiotssss. And the worst set are the Religious idiotssss... Both Muslim and Christians equal.

Its always impossible or difficult for pple like u to pass exams cos u know more than ur teacher.

Study the topic and come back again.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kingsasian:
in privates
oh ooo okk
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by fungle(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
News brought me just last year and found out that sometimes the comments are more fun than the news.
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Kingsasian(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

oh ooo okk
so hw we go do am
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Randito(m): 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
I still don't know why I signed up..... I still don't know why I signed up.....
Re: 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. by Esdb3: 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
raayah:
I found nairaland 7-8 years ago through a search on google. Good times!!

Yet your profile says you registered 2014 Nov. Some 8 years indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing? / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google / Indecency Link On Our National Website?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.