Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,312 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy (8729 Views)

Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / 5 Kinds Of Posts That Can Boost Your Blog Traffic - Naijatechguy / Top 8 Ways Bloggers Can Get Extra Traffic To Their Blogs- Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Basically, blogging can be stressful but most times the stress level depends on your niche. Tech Bloggers get to do a lot of stressful work, from replying comments and emails to uploading roms and writing reviews of devices. Most comments on Tech Blogs are usually from people seeking clarification about something on the post or requesting for something.

I used tech here as a case study because it's my niche.
I'm a student of Uniport so I can clearly understand how blogging and school work can weigh you down.
Here are 5 strategies I use to reduce the stress.

1. Don't Search For News, Let The News Come To You
This is the best way to get latest updates without stressing yourself and going round tons of websites to get stories. An RSS feed reader can help you do this. Simply add the feed URL of all the top sites in your niche to the feed reader. Once there's a new story you get it instantly. No stress.

2. Schedule Posts For The Future
Assuming you have a lot of lectures during the week and you won't have enough chance to make posts every day you can simply make the posts on weekends then schedule it to post at any day of the week. Blogger and WordPress have this feature, it'll help you keep your readers updated while you attend to other relevant activities.

3. Let The Internet Work For You
You may wonder how you'll be able to share your posts if you schedule posts. It's very simple
I don't bother myself about sharing posts unless if I want to share it on Instagram or Google Plus Communities. Use IFTTT to automatically share your blog posts to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and a whole lot of other websites. If you have a Facebook group, Hootsuite can handle the posting on the group.

4.Get Someone To Help You Run Your Blog

Automation can do everything for you but a human touch always stands out from work done by just computers. It's quite possible your RSS feed reader may not cover everything you need to know because you didn't add as many sites as possible. In this case, you can employ someone to post for you either on a weekly or daily basis if you have the cash. You can also offer the person an incentive like free data subscription every month.

5.Set A Schedule For Replying To Comments
You won't be on the PC or Phone 24/7. I hardly use my laptop to blog these days. I find it easier using my smartphone so it's possible you may also like using your smartphone. Set a specific time schedule to reply to Comments. This will keep your readers engaged and know when to come back and get a reply to their questions.

This is my 5 point strategy of reducing blogging stress as a student. It helps me have time for myself and school as well.
Hope you learnt something new today. I'd like to know ways you're using to reduce the blogging stress?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Abatsam111(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:
Basically, blogging can be stressful but most times the stress level depends on your niche. Tech Bloggers get to do a lot of stressful work, from replying comments and emails to uploading roms and writing reviews of devices. Most comments on Tech Blogs are usually from people seeking clarification about something on the post or requesting for something.

I'm a student of Uniport so I can clearly understand how blogging and school work can weigh you down.

This is the best way to get latest updates without stressing yourself and going round tons of websites to get stories. An RSS feed reader can help you do this. Simply add the feed URL of all the top sites in your niche to the feed reader. Once there's a new story you get it instantly. No stress.

Assuming you have a lot of lectures during the week and you won't have enough chance to make posts every day you can simply make the posts on weekends then schedule it to post at any day of the week. Blogger and WordPress have this feature, it'll help you keep your readers updated while you attend to other relevant activities.

You may wonder how you'll be able to share your posts if you schedule posts. It's very simple
I don't bother myself about sharing posts unless if I want to share it on Instagram or Google Plus Communities. Use IFTTT to automatically share your blog posts to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and a whole lot of other websites. If you have a Facebook group, Hootsuite can handle the posting on the group.

Automation can do everything for you but a human touch always stands out from work done by just computers. It's quite possible your RSS feed reader may not cover everything you need to know because you didn't add as many sites as possible. In this case, you can employ someone to post for you either on a weekly or daily basis if you have the cash. You can also offer the person an incentive like free data subscription every month.

You won't be on the PC or Phone 24/7. I hardly use my laptop to blog these days. I find it easier using my smartphone so it's possible you may also like using your smartphone. Set a specific time schedule to reply to Comments. This will keep your readers engaged and know when to come back and get a reply to their questions.

This is my 5 point strategy of reducing blogging stress as a student. It helps me have time for myself and school as well.
Hope you learnt something new today. I'd like to know ways you're using to reduce the blogging stress?

OP!!!
You got my 5 star rating.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abatsam111:

OP!!! You got my 5 star rating.

Thanks smiley
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
*cc Lalasticlala
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Bigajeff(m): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
5 alive for you
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Elijahrona(m): 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks op. I do most of those for my blog

Then,
6. Check LinkedIn, stumbleupon and reddit for articles in your niche. These will give you inspiration

2 Likes

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 6:00am On Dec 06, 2016
Bigajeff:
5 alive for you
grin
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by veekid(m): 6:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Informative
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by kinkonp: 6:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by mikool007(m): 6:20am On Dec 06, 2016
nyc
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by HQuadreal: 6:26am On Dec 06, 2016
Thanks.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by kinkonp: 6:29am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:

Yes ........... really love this but please what if one is into a website that has to do with transactions like this website [https://aimtoget.com] where payment request is been sent and others, how can someone still reduce the stress of the work.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by nigeriantrend: 6:30am On Dec 06, 2016
Nice info there, Blogging pays but it is very hard
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by lambros(f): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2016
You can get a free web and logo design from Here ,all you need is a hostgator account.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by AnodaIT(m): 7:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Naijatechguy, you are my guider on MMM, you no dey pick your call.
I just dey wait make dem do make we change guider

1 Like

Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by fm4real2k6(m): 7:08am On Dec 06, 2016
AnodaIT:
lambros:
You can get a free web and logo design from Here ,all you need is a hostgator account.
nigeriantrend:
Nice info there, Blogging pays but it is very hard
kinkonp:

Yes ........... really love this but please what if one is into a website that has to do with transactions like this website [https://aimtoget.com] where payment request is been sent and others, how can someone still reduce the stress of the work.
HQuadreal:
Thanks.
mikool007:
nyc
veekid:
Informative
Bigajeff:
5 alive for you
NaijaTechGuy:
SOURCE :http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/12/5-ways-to-make-blogging-easier-as.html
Elijahrona:
Thanks op. I do most of those for my blog
Then,
6. Check LinkedIn, stumbleupon and reddit for articles in your niche. These will give you inspiration
NaijaTechGuy:
SOURCE :http://www.naijatechguy.com/2016/12/5-ways-to-make-blogging-easier-as.html

OP, good job.
I found something about automated blogging and content generation and I feel I should share.

https://newbizlive..com/2016/12/content-generation.html

Someone can read that and share to your friend also.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:09am On Dec 06, 2016
AnodaIT:
lol.. grin grin no be me oh.. I'm not on MMM nah grin
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2016
kinkonp:

it actually depends on the platform your website is running on. I'm working on making Bots for Facebook Messenger. This kind of Bots should be able to handle advanced transactions. Sadly it won't be available till early 2017.

You can also integrate Payment systems like 2checkout, QuickTeller, Vogue or Etranzact.

Cheers smiley
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by sakalisis(m): 7:13am On Dec 06, 2016
cool
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by mekonglobal(m): 7:24am On Dec 06, 2016
Goodjob mr. op
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by creepsyme(f): 7:33am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:

I am a newbie in blogging altho I have been doing some research but still need a little lectur.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Guru9ja(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2016
Nice post Mr techguy. Same strategy I also use as a student and its really helping
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Wow! This is Lovely!

Which App is best for Blogging on Wordpress with a Smartphone?
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by Blogtrovert(f): 8:23am On Dec 06, 2016
nice
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by foxzy(m): 8:31am On Dec 06, 2016
NaijaTechGuy:

can I have your contact sir?
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:34am On Dec 06, 2016
foxzy:
can I have your contact sir?
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2016
Guru9ja:
Nice post Mr techguy. Same strategy I also use as a student and its really helping
smiley . Glad it works for you.
Re: 5 Ways To Make Blogging Easier As A Student - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:38am On Dec 06, 2016
creepsyme:
I am a newbie in blogging altho I have been doing some research but still need a little lectur.
contact on Whatsapp 08134375481

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professional Blog And Forum For Just12k / Keyword Research - Building Your Brands & Boosting Your Sales (part 2) / Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.