Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

Once Upon A Time - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Once Upon A Time (24103 Views)

A Time To Kill By John Grisham Review / A Time That Died - A Short Story / Sisi - A Once Upon A Time Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 11:10pm On Jun 24, 2015
Haaaa! Me go join this collabo but make i dey observe first. cheesy
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 11:20pm On Jun 24, 2015
onihaxy TiffanyJ Nitefury Divepen1 D9ty7 adegwurulez safarigirl LarrySun repogirl frank317 chistar01 .
Its collabo time, abeg Oga's and Madam's please your fans are waiting
Adegwurulez i called you twice come and show your self cheesy
Re: Once Upon A Time by adegwurulez(m): 9:22am On Jun 25, 2015
write2obi:
onihaxy TiffanyJ Nitefury Divepen1 D9ty7 adegwurulez safarigirl LarrySun repogirl frank317 chistar01 .
sorry i didn't see the first call up, let me read from the first page and understnd what this is all about.
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 9:27am On Jun 25, 2015
adegwurulez:

sorry i didn't see the first call up, let me read from the first page and understnd what this is all about.
Oga Ade, you always deliver, waiting in anticipation.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2015
write2obi:

coming
Re: Once Upon A Time by adegwurulez(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2015
Life is a cycle, a web, a chain of events craftily woven by an unseen force, comforting only to those who find favour in the eyes of that unseen force. He never was a believer, No! The last time he went to church was 17years ago when his father had dragged him against his will. Philosophy? Thats bullshyt! Bunch of psychotics seeing things from an insane point of view. Funny enough, he became a believer and a philosopher just in a split second - irony of life.

About a month ago he had seen bisi, her firm bre.ast and perfectly round buttocks was what endeared her to him. Driven by lust and pride in his good looks, he had approached her in hopes he could get an intimate relationship from her. Quite embarrasingly, he rather got an intimate slap. Since then he had wanted to teach her a lesson but his tactical planning and procastination gave her enough time to find a way out. She had join a radical female cult group 'The loyal hoes' and everybody knows not to get in their way.

With this latest development however, he was sure fate was setting them up for one hell of a meeting. Not only was he going to have a taste of Joy alone, he was also going to brutally ra.pe bisi, a memory he would savour for life.

"This has got to be the hottest thre.esome ever." He thought with a smirk on his face.

His roommate eyed him suspiciously. "Anytime you start smiling like a cat, i know you've seen a rat. Now dude, let it out."

With such masterclass oratory skills, michael explained his plans to R.ape Joy and Bisi.

Bisi! That name striked a chord in him. "Which bisi?" he asked.

"Bisi na. Big bre.ast, big yansh."

All his doubts flew out of the window. It was his Bisi, his crush. Why would any sane human being plan to hurt that angel? Now that is unacceptable. Michael might be his friend but the line must be drawn here, Bisi must be protected no matter what it takes.

5 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by Princesschi(f): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
*spreads mat and sipping my bobo*
Re: Once Upon A Time by LarrySun(m): 7:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Good jobs.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Peacefulness: 8:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
write2obi:
Nice one peacefulness! Now Who will unravel the mystery! Who will tell us what transpired between bisi and her friend. Waiting patiently.
thanks
Re: Once Upon A Time by Uncleluke1(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Bravos... This kind story na'm dey mk bois no read 4 exam, i swr..
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
adegwurulez:
Life is a cycle, a web, a chain of events craftily woven by an unseen force, comforting only to those who find favour in the eyes of that unseen force. He never was a believer, No! The last time he went to church was 17years ago when his father had dragged him against his will. Philosophy? Thats bullshyt! Bunch of psychotics seeing things from an insane point of view. Funny enough, he became a believer and a philosopher just in a split second - irony of life.

About a month ago he had seen bisi, her firm bre.ast and perfectly round buttocks was what endeared her to him. Driven by lust and pride in his good looks, he had approached her in hopes he could get an intimate relationship from her. Quite embarrasingly, he rather got an intimate slap. Since then he had wanted to teach her a lesson but his tactical planning and procastination gave her enough time to find a way out. She had join a radical female cult group 'The loyal hoes' and everybody knows not to get in their way.

With this latest development however, he was sure fate was setting them up for one hell of a meeting. Not only was he going to have a taste of Joy alone, he was also going to brutally ra.pe bisi, a memory he would savour for life.

"This has got to be the hottest thre.esome ever." He thought with a smirk on his face.

His roommate eyed him suspiciously. "Anytime you start smiling like a cat, i know you've seen a rat. Now dude, let it out."

With such masterclass oratory skills, michael explained his plans to R.ape Joy and Bisi.

Bisi! That name striked a chord in him. "Which bisi?" he asked.

"Bisi na. Big bre.ast, big yansh."

All his doubts flew out of the window. It was his Bisi, his crush. Why would any sane human being plan to hurt that angel? Now that is unacceptable. Michael might be his friend but the line must be drawn here, Bisi must be protected no matter what it takes.
Well do class go! *kpa!kpa!!kpakpakpa!!!kpa!!!* cheesy
Thanks mahn.
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
write2obi:
Who's next undecided
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
Typing....
Re: Once Upon A Time by PrinceAdepoju(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
#following
Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
thronekid:
Typing....
I'm after you sir
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Divepen1:

I'm after you sir
You should go forward, please.
Battery trouble.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Jeanfortune(f): 9:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
Honestly, this is very interesting, buh, i expected LarrySun to ve put in something by na, thanks Roy for starting this and thanks to the other writers as well especially Peacefulness

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by DzTzl(f): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
thronekid:
Typing....
ogbeni u v bn typing since 5:25pm u never finish?
Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 11:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Jeanfortune:
Honestly, this is very interesting, buh, i expected LarrySun to ve put in something by na, thanks Roy for starting this and thanks to the other writers as well especially Peacefulness
I've being trying to get him down here, but it seems he is busy or not interested, the ministry is moving forward anyway.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 27, 2015
write2obi:

I've being trying to get him down here, but it seems he is busy or not interested, the ministry is moving forward anyway.
Yes. He's been quite busy. But he'll be here anon.
Re: Once Upon A Time by nellyme(f): 4:39am On Jun 27, 2015
thronekid:

Yes. He's been quite busy. But he'll be here anon.

Stop disturbing my sLeep sir
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Divepen1:

I'm after you sir
Benign go forward, bro.
The power supply here's terribly gone bad. And I lost what I had been typing when my phone's power was drained.
I'm sorry, please.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 27, 2015
nellyme:

Stop disturbing my sLeep sir
You meant you were sleeping, then, ma?

I can't believe you.
Are you back at the other side?
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2015
Eye stared in amazement as Bisi sprang up from the sofa like a scoffed lion, grabbed the glass vase on the centre table with both hands, aimed it, and instantly launched it towards her head. It would have hit her left eye if not the one inch distance that fate produced to separate a wide bewildered eye from it's doom. The glass vase crashed into the wall behind the sofa with a noisy smash and little pieces of maroon coloured ceramic and artificial roses made of cotton scattered on the floor.

Eye remained in her seat frozen; she couldn't fathom the shocking episode that just transpired. She looked longingly at Bisi's eyes - eyes that burned with anger, hatred and fury searching for answers but Bisi's loud emotion-laden voice broke the brief devilish silence:

"Who do you think you are? You can do me nothing, Eye! You keep threatening and tormenting me just because I didn't agree to carry out the evil you wanted me to carry out for you? Do you think I am like the other girls you push about?" Bisi howled at her, almost in tears.

Eye remained in her position; she was transfixed. She couldn't bring herself to believe that one of the girls of the Loyal Hoes - a sorority that came to life from her own sweat, and hers alone - could be this daring. But yet again, Bisi broke the silence with her raised voice, now with tears streaming down her face unhindered:

"I asked you a question, Eye. Don't stare at me like a dummy!" she screamed and immediately took another step - a bold one - towards Eye, the most dreaded young lady in the whole vicinity. Fuelled by impulse, rather than any premeditation, Bisi grabbed Eye's throat and wrapped her delicate hands tightly around it, clutching it. Eye let out a muffled scream and struggled with Bisi's bony hands for seconds before she could yank them free, but by then, it was already too late; Bisi's hands were already covered in blood. Bisi staggered back at the sight.

"No" Bisi screamed on and on and when she jerked up from her bed, with beads of sweat dripping from her forehead, she was still screaming. With a thumping chest, she instantly checked herself in the bedroom mirror beside her. She checked her neck, but there was no blood there. She rubbed her hands on her neck and checked her hands, but there was no blood still. It was all but a dream.

Just then, Emeka rushed into the room still struggling to get his shorts on in time to meet her sister in front of the mirror. The shout had woken him up and he had decided that his sister probably had an accident on her way to the bathroom, but when she saw her sitting comfortably in front of a mirror, he stared at her with an arched eyebrow, bewildered.

"What was that nonsense shout about?" He asked, unable to hide the irritation in his voice.

"It was a nightmare. Haven't you heard about nightmares? Then, what are you doing in my room at this time of the night? Can't you see I'm almost naked? The last time I checked, I'm not your girlfriend. So, now, get out!"

"You're mad - very mad." he muttered and walked out.

Eye weak from her 'nightmare' slowly walked to the bedside table and picked up her phone - a Blackberry Bold 5 she got as a gift from one of her numerous magas on her birthday. She was boiling. She scrolled through her WhatsApp contacts and found who she was looking for and that was Michael.

"Look, boy. Your work has increased; you won't be helping me deal with only Joy, but also Bisi" she typed and sent it.

Apparently, this Michael was awake, as Eye got a reply only a few seconds later:

"I no understand. No be she suppose lead Joy come meet her death? She no be your friend again?" he asked in pidgin.

"That was then, Michael, not anymore!" she replied and instantly long-pressed on the power button, and fell back asleep.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 27, 2015
I'm a green horn at writing but permit me to drop a few lines and pardon my ramblings**********

Bisi must be protected he thought but how he would go about that he had no idea. He knew he could never talk his roomie out of the idea, He knew whenever Michael set his mind on something not even Jesus Christ can change his mind. He pretended not to give a hoot about whatever happens to Bisi or Joy but He made a mental note to watch any steps Michael took from that moment onwards.

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by write2obi(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2015
Emmeritus:
I'm a green horn at writing but permit me to drop a few lines and pardon my ramblings**********

Bisi must be protected he thought but how he would go about that he had no idea. He knew he could never talk his roomie out of the idea, He knew whenever Michael set his mind on something not even Jesus Christ can change his mind. He pretended not to give a hoot about whatever happens to Bisi or Joy but He made a mental note to watch any steps Michael took from that moment onwards.
Bring it on sire, its free style things.

1 Like

Re: Once Upon A Time by missuniverse(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2015
pretending is just an outward expression ,but ur ability to pretend without being suspected makes u a good pretender.

Michael had noticed the sudden reaction from Desmond when he mentioned Bisi's name ,but being the devils begotten son he truly was by choice ;he was quick to act like he didn't notice.

Desmond, a fair guy of average height has been friends with Mike since their secondary school days. they started being roommate shortly after Bisi turned down Mike's advances.Desmond had met Bisi 2wks after moving in with Mike and had immediately fallen for her but his lack of courage to confront her with his emotions has left him dying in silence. he never considered mentioning it Mike because he would be mocked and called a coward, he wouldn't have the patience to path his face with Mike's smile of jest.

he had thought he knew Mike so well,but what he didn't know is the fact the Mike can be ruthless when it comes to the detraction of his fun

2 Likes

Re: Once Upon A Time by missuniverse(f): 10:40am On Jun 27, 2015
plz I'm not a writer, just a humble follower
Roy,sorry for not indicating before putting dat down
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Now I'm typing and I'm serious.
Re: Once Upon A Time by Teebashy(f): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
thronekid:
I hope so
Re: Once Upon A Time by Divepen1(m): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2015
thronekid:
okay...
Re: Once Upon A Time by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 27, 2015
Accidents.. Accidents... Accidents!

Emeka glanced at the dial of his flickering wrist watch. It was some minutes past Seven, already. He wondered how fast time flew. Well, who was he to question nature's balance! He grinned.

"Joy!" he howled and threw his hands over the sofa.
"I'm coming," she responded from the bedroom.

He blinked rapidly and grimanced annoyingly. He wondered how ladies could spend futilely more than 15 minutes just in donning up. Even Joy! A tomboy, too. He smiled jestingly. And called again, "I'm leaving o."

"Wait na!" her voice reached him over the walls.

"For how long are you even going to change clothes? Girls ehn!" he asked, well knowing he wouldn't get an answer- ladies had been really evasive in issues like that.

He was getting abashed in sweats - P. H. C. N. had heckled the power supply. He heard clarion footsteps and tilted his head towards where they came.

"Finally!" he muttered.

A tiny pin, she felt, pierced through her heart. She had hoped he would compliment her dressing. But well, maybe Emeka would never change. "That's left to you, jare," she countered, cloaking her feeling. "Oya na, let's roll.

Emeka got up and rolled his eyes. He walked dramactically out and Joy followed suit.

"You look okay o, Joy. Hope your boyfriend is not visiting today?" he decided to tease her.

Her heart leapt with joy. Her eyes gleamed in a beatific way. She shouldn't give herself away sha, she thought. "You and your pranks, ehn?" she replied, concealing a new tingling sensation that threatened to turn her knees jelly.

As Emeka walked the short tawny distance home he thought about Joy. He was happy. That was the main reason he'd always run to her like a puppy. As customary, her advice was not unlike the patience virture thingy. He hoped she was right!

Bisi stood up, tiptoed across the sitting room proceeded to the toilet. She was ready to act out Eye's instructions. Her eyes caught a clock- 08:15pm.

Joy watched what what would happen keenly. Her eyes were fixed to the T. V set. She held her breath batedly for the next scene. The movie was enthralling and suspense filled. Suddenly she was reminded of the scene she sad witnessed a fortnight, ago. She wished she hadn't gone out that night. Tears welled up in her eyes. And there was none to wipe them off. Her moma was dead. She knew no figure called Dad. Her elder brother had travelled since some weeks ago. She would spend the night alone. She looked up at the clock. It was some minuted to Nine.

Detective Paul hesistated a bit before knocking up the lady's door. He got no response. He knocked again. There was none.
He tried to see what was inside. The television illuminated dimly the room, it depicted that a movie was being watched. But there was no one in.

He thought of Jolade and his son. His family still didn't know he was a detective. And the bills had been augmenting at home, he needed a promotion to augment his pay, too. He had come late purposely. He didn't want to lose his cover. He also didn't want to jeopardise his witness's life, too.

After bickering professionally for some minutes, he decided to keep watch. Barely had he retired that a sharp scream pierced the assuaging air. He knew the voice. That was her- the lady he seeked. He checked his watch. It read 09:31pm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Nneka Arimah, Chikodili Emelumadu & Arinze Ifeakandu Nominated For Caine Prize / What is the difference between English literature and literature in English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.