Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) (17367 Views)

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! / Very New Honda Accord (EOD) 2003 For SALE @ 900k ONLY / Transmission 2007 Accord. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by benzmatic: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2015
Though I am a benz man and will always remain a benz man because benzes last forever, I have been intrigued by the 2002 - 2007 accord popularly called end of discussion in Naija.
The eod came with a radically different engine and chasis from its predecessor. Regular 2.4l 4cyl made 160hp fair enough, but the v6 was the enthusiast's reference spec making an impressive 240hp, and 287nm torque @5000rpm.
For its price I honestly believe this is one of the best cars on the road today. The car has something of everything. It has elegant lines, and is appropriately sized inside and outside, the chasis also seems to hold up well with time.
The cream of the matter is however on its driving, thumbs up to the engineers at honda for this engine. I'm yet to see another 6cyl engine give 240hp stock, acceleration is instant and smooth, this car seems to accelerate when you think it has peaked, and you start wondering just how many gears are in there. The car tends to idle impatiently when you sit inside it, the 6cylinders waiting to fire fully as you depress the throttle.
The ride is comfortable to the point of luxury, steering is precise and weighted. The car was very stable at speeds of up to 140km/hr. Yet the suspension is taut and sporty and it takes the hard big bumps of our naija roads well. Torque steer is almost imperceptible and you almost forget you are driving a front wheeled car. Even the interior is up to standard and materials used seem to be of very high quality.
Now I have driven a couple of more recent cars: sedans and SUVs, but overall to score chasis, engine characteristics, steering, and braking and of course price and fuel economy, I would call this the best all round car I have driven yet, and I hear the coupe is even quicker.
So that sums up my impression of the eod. Even though for some curious reason unknown to myself, I don't see myself buying this car, I show proper respect when it passes me on the highway or otherwise.
I would love for owners of the eod to tell of their firsthand experiences with this car, the good, and the bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by benzmatic: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
EOD Euro spec (my personal preference).

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by krystaball: 5:40pm On Jun 20, 2015
I can attest to the fact that EOD V6 is a very stable car at high speed...I easily push it to 200km/hr on long journeys when the road is smooth...Fast acceleration coupled with good shocks..Several times, I decide not 2 speed but I still end up speeding...Its always tempting when you are on the steering wheel.
At top speed, I dnt feel as if I am driving fast..I only notice am zooming past so many cars. I am confident whenever I want to travel that it wont disappoint me on the way..Nice ride I must say.

13 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by leadknight123(m): 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2015
fantastic review.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by micklplus(m): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
Very correct, op.

I have the 4 plugs manual and you won't believe what I do with it. Very stable, reliable and dependable.

7 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by bravolad(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2015
benzmatic:
Though I am a benz man and will always remain a benz man because benzes last forever, I have been intrigued by the 2002 - 2007 accord popularly called end of discussion in Naija.
The eod came with a radically different engine and chasis from its predecessor. Regular 2.4l 4cyl made 160hp fair enough, but the v6 was the enthusiast's reference spec making an impressive 240hp, and 287nm torque @5000rpm.
For its price I honestly believe this is one of the best cars on the road today. The car has something of everything. It has elegant lines, and is appropriately sized inside and outside, the chasis also seems to hold up well with time.
The cream of the matter is however on its driving, thumbs up to the engineers at honda for this engine. I'm yet to see another 6cyl engine give 240hp stock, acceleration is instant and smooth, this car seems to accelerate when you think it has peaked, and you start wondering just how many gears are in there. The car tends to idle impatiently when you sit inside it, the 6cylinders waiting to fire fully as you depress the throttle.
The ride is comfortable to the point of luxury, steering is precise and weighted. The car was very stable at speeds of up to 140km/hr. Yet the suspension is taut and sporty and it takes the hard big bumps of our naija roads well. Torque steer is almost imperceptible and you almost forget you are driving a front wheeled car. Even the interior is up to standard and materials used seem to be of very high quality.
Now I have driven a couple of more recent cars: sedans and SUVs, but overall to score chasis, engine characteristics, steering, and braking and of course price and fuel economy, I would call this the best all round car I have driven yet, and I hear the coupe is even quicker.
So that sums up my impression of the eod. Even though for some curious reason unknown to myself, I don't see myself buying this car, I show proper respect when it passes me on the highway or otherwise.
I would love for owners of the eod to tell of their firsthand experiences with this car, the good, and the bad.

The production of EOD as its popularly called in Nigeria stopped in 2005 with a redesigned accord in 2006, which also was redesigned in 2008. The model you test drove was 2003 to 2005.

9 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abatically(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2015
The Honda EOD is one of the top stock sleepers u should never mess with. Got a little bit of everything, comfortable, stable, economical, fast. Been driving mine for 3 years now. Accords arebgeberally like that, even the 2008-2012 model is an improvement.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by DGD1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2015
abatically:
The Honda EOD is one of the top stock sleepers u should never mess with. Got a little bit of everything, comfortable, stable, economical, fast. Been driving mine for 3 years now. Accords arebgeberally like that, even the 2008-2012 model is an improvement.

thé 2008-2012 is my choice any day any time, (the V6 though), the car has got all and even more what benzmatic said.
Good seeing a German fan appreciating Japanese auto

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abatically(m): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
DGD1:

thé 2008-2012 is my choice any day any time, (the V6 though), the car has got all and even more what benzmatic said.
Good seeing a German fan appreciating Japanese auto

Bro the v6 of that generation is a beast. I especially love the coupé of that generation.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by benzmatic: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2015
micklplus:
Very correct, op.

I have the 4 plugs manual and you won't believe what I do with it. Very stable, reliable and dependable.

true talk I guess, many owners of the 4 cyl spec would swear by their cars, they are usually completely satisfied by it. Even some enthusiasts recommend driving the 4 cyl first before making a decision. I guess one has to drive both cars to really know. I haven't driven the 4 cyl before though, but the 6cyl has disc brakes front and rear, while the other has rear drum brakes, 240hp against 160hp also seems quite much when driving at extreme speeds, my bet is the 4cyl engine would be wailing by then. Both are excellent cars still.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abatically(m): 7:26pm On Jun 21, 2015
benzmatic:

true talk I guess, many owners of the 4 cyl spec would swear by their cars, they are usually completely satisfied by it. Even some enthusiasts recommend driving the 4 cyl first before making a decision. I guess one has to drive both cars to really know. I haven't driven the 4 cyl before though, but the 6cyl has disc brakes front and rear, while the other has rear drum brakes, 240hp against 160hp also seems quite much when driving at extreme speeds, my bet is the 4cyl engine would be wailing by then. Both are excellent cars still.

The LX and EX trims of the 4 cylinder have disc brakes, only the base dx comes with drum.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 22, 2015
abatically:

If the OP could confess as to a Honda, what would he confess when he drives a 2005 Altima not to even talk of a 2008 altima? And I'm not talking about even the 3.5L V6 SE models.

truth is Japmobiles aren't designed to do a particular task, they're designed to do set of varying tasks satisfactorily.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by micklplus(m): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2015
benzmatic:

Very correct. I have driven the 6 cylinders and I must confess,khaki no be leather.

I guess I could put in a little power at will because, I drive the manual.

Again, I seldom do interstates so, the 4 plugs isn't a bad deal as I am not prepared to meet the Lord soon. Lol.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by micklplus(m): 4:58am On Jun 22, 2015
bravolad:

The production of EOD as its popularly called in Nigeria stopped in 2005 with a redesigned accord in 2006, which also was redesigned in 2008. The model you test drove was 2003 to 2005.

Truth but, the engines are still the same, no?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Readonee35L(m): 5:04am On Jun 22, 2015
lomomike:

If the OP could confess as to a Honda, what would he confess when he drives a 2005 Altima not to even talk of a 2008 altima? And I'm not talking about even the 3.5L V6 SE models.

truth is Japmobiles aren't designed to do a particular task, they're designed to do set of varying tasks satisfactorily.

Hehehe does Nissans are very fast oh especially The Maxima Series i drove a friends 07 maxima and i tell you its really quick
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by camaro(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2015
I would respect your love for car but I respect you more cos you are a benzite. I have personal beef for the accord series. Reason being that it is very prone to deformation due to the condition of road in Nigeria. I will like to put the 2014 model to a test big size of engine is what I would need to run the test effectively. I won't spend my money buying one but can accept it as a gift which I won't sell. I also want narrow my beef Honda on the scar on my right arm and breast. I was try to help a strange whose Accord was overheating. He mistakenly when to crank the engine while I was looking in to the engine bay. I had the worst bath of my life, my skin pealed and I had to be the pains silently. Except for tranny issues, it world have taken over from Camry of it segment
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abidemidare: 10:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
Menn , my 2003 model V6 na winch, I really love the car, driving on highway na superb especially on Lagos/Ibadan expressway, I can't use any other products than Honda, my next target is Evil spirit V6.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by lonelydora: 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2015
I'm blushing. Proud owner of V6 2003 Accord. I will buy it over and over again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by luvinhubby(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2015
abidemidare:
Menn , my 2003 model V6 na winch, I really love the car, driving on highway na superb especially on Lagos/Ibadan expressway, I can't use any other products than Honda, my next target is Evil spirit V6.
That evil spirit V6 engine cost well well oo cheesy. over 500k engine only.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abidemidare: 9:01am On Jun 23, 2015
luvinhubby:

That evil spirit V6 engine cost well well oo cheesy. over 500k engine only.

God will provide grin

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by abidemidare: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2015
lonelydora:
I'm blushing. Proud owner of V6 2003 Accord. I will buy it over and over again.

Yes bro, u perfectly right. That car na machine

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
My 2003 Honda Accord makes me feel like a formula 1 racer. Love it loads.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Piyke: 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
abatically:

The LX and EX trims of the 4 cylinder have disc brakes, only the base dx comes with drum.

4cyl LX has rear drum brakes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Engrr(m): 6:18am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello Oga, I am looking for ECU (brain-box) for this car, do u know where I can source it from (year 2003)

benzmatic:
EOD Euro spec (my personal preference).
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Uncleodi(m): 7:27am On Jun 24, 2015
I have no regrets buying this car. Even though the parts are quite expensive but gosh! It responds well on the road. Mine is 2 yrs old.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by shitshappen(m): 8:18am On Jun 24, 2015
Used mine for 20 months before i sold it at a very good price (over 1m) and moved on to another car.
However i noticed something which nobody had mentioned here, makes me wonder if the problems were peculiar to my car alone.
1: Increased body noise from within the dashboard and doormats after about a year. P.S. i got my car in a pristine condition, it took me more than three days and series of test drive to decide. it was a sound tokunbo, and yes i know about salvage cars. it was not my first ride so i am not a novice.
2: After the first servicing of the entire front leg, the drive was no longer the same. You know that 'kitim' sound you hear when you enter bad road with a sound car? it lost it, i tried and tried but cudnt. i changed the low arm , linkedge, etc
so i sold the car and my friends cud not believe i was selling the sweet ride.
pls dont come bashing about negligence or what. I am married to my cars and i pamper them, i even go for respray after every six months or after any serious dent But on the overrall its a very nice ride with a sweet interior, and mine had a very sexy rim.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by refreshrate: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2015
shitshappen:
Used mine for 20 months before i sold it at a very good price (over 1m) and moved on to another car.
However i noticed something which nobody had mentioned here, makes me wonder if the problems were peculiar to my car alone.
1: Increased body noise from within the dashboard and doormats after about a year. P.S. i got my car in a pristine condition, it took me more than three days and series of test drive to decide. it was a sound tokunbo, and yes i know about salvage cars. it was not my first ride so i am not a novice.
2: After the first servicing of the entire front leg, the drive was no longer the same. You know that 'kitim' sound you hear when you enter bad road with a sound car? it lost it, i tried and tried but cudnt. i changed the low arm , linkedge, etc
so i sold the car and my friends cud not believe i was selling the sweet ride.
pls dont come bashing about negligence or what. I am married to my cars and i pamper them, i even go for respray after every six months or after any serious dent But on the overrall its a very nice ride with a sweet interior, and mine had a very sexy rim.

from the way you observe I'm inclined to believe your destiny is for you to drive German cars.

That said.

On your observations

1. Na Japanese cars get declarations like 'full option' 'leather seat' blah blah blah and it's for good cause. That cause my friend is what created your observation in this point.
Things such as these don't arise in German cars.

2. If you like go and buy 'follow come' another hybrid word that came into existence because of these Japanese cars the suspension will still act up over time.
it's not a curse...it's the destiny of those cars.

I'll give you an example I had the linkage of my merc replaced at about the same time someone replaced that of his car Japanese but I won't call names for obvious reasons.
seriously when I saw both parts supposedly meant to do the same function for both cars, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the other guys car.

quality is a somerging that can't be compromised.

you can go to the market and compare these parts I spoke of.
insane.

I've even decided to now get another merc with airmatic suspension, how would you then expect me to understand these things you speak of after one month of driving?

long and short, you got that car cos it was economical, how do you now begin to expect premium from it. seriously, is it fair?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by shitshappen(m): 8:56am On Jun 24, 2015
refreshrate:

from the way you observe I'm inclined to believe your destiny is for you to drive German cars.

That said.

On your observations

1. Na Japanese cars get declarations like 'full option' 'leather seat' blah blah blah and it's for good cause. That cause my friend is what created your observation in this point.
Things such as these don't arise in German cars.

2. If you like go and buy 'follow come' another hybrid word that came into existence because of these Japanese cars the suspension will still act up over time.
it's not a curse...it's the destiny of those cars.

I'll give you an example I had the linkage of my merc replaced at about the same time someone replaced that of his car Japanese but I won't call names for obvious reasons.
seriously when I saw both parts supposedly meant to do the same function for both cars, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the other guys car.

quality is a somerging that can't be compromised.

you can go to the market and compare these parts I spoke of.
insane.

I've even decided to now get another merc with airmatic suspension, how would you then expect me to understand these things you speak of after one month of driving?

long and short, you got that car cos it was economical, how do you now begin to expect premium from it. seriously, is it fair?

I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT BRO, I WAS USING A BMW X3 SHORTLY BEFORE THE EOD AND AUDI A4 BEFORE THE BMW. I GUESS I WAS BRINGING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT. YOU SAID IT ALL. MY BAD

5 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by refreshrate: 11:53am On Jun 24, 2015
shitshappen:

I GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT BRO, I WAS USING A BMW X3 SHORTLY BEFORE THE EOD AND AUDI A4 BEFORE THE BMW. I GUESS I WAS BRINGING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT. YOU SAID IT ALL. MY BAD

see better pikin lol
Guy come back to Germany were waiting for you abeg.
leave Japan for econonmists

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by shitshappen(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
refreshrate:

see better pikin lol
Guy come back to Germany were waiting for you abeg.
leave Japan for econonmists

bros eh! no be small thing, i dey manage 08 camry now. But i will soon port to where my passion is. I don dey save small small for mercedes 4matic.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2015
Shitshappen and refreshrate, don't start that German vs Japan automobile rivalry if you don't appreciate this the vehicle in question pls stay clear from this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by refreshrate: 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
shitshappen:

bros eh! no be small thing, i dey manage 08 camry now. But i will soon port to where my passion is. I don dey save small small for mercedes 4matic.

Don't worry the first step is to believe.
God will see you through my brother

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vespa Re-Brands, Redesigns Its Sei Giorni Scooter / China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe / Becoming A Seasoned Auto Mechanic And Automotive Engineer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.