Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) (17484 Views)

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! / Very New Honda Accord (EOD) 2003 For SALE @ 900k ONLY / Transmission 2007 Accord. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by luvinhubby(m): 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2019
2003 - 2005 Engine is slightly different from 2006 - 2007.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by jgbemson1: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2019
I luv Honda with their interior n class finish..

Feel so good to be among the user experience

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Piyke: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

I had to buy a new engine as the former one lost much compression and was shorting oil. The car had no check engine lights at all and everything else works fine. Then came the change.

After mounting and fixing, the new engine started but was going off once you took your foot off the throttle so someone checked the timing and it seemed to be working fine.

After I started using it I noticed that if I switch on the ac and the car is idling it vibrates so badly that the whole car is shaking. The only way to stop the vibration is by increasing the idle speed (which isn’t proper). My usual idle is 700-800rpm but when I switch on ac it drops dangerously first and almost stalls the engine before rising to 600rpm steady but vibrating. I put in another iaac valve but the symptoms still persisted.

I also noticed that once the engine is properly warmed up after driving a distance and I come to a stop and switch to neutral the tachometer first settles at about 800rpm then if I don’t use the throttle after about 10seconds it settles down further to around 600rpm. My old engine never behaved this way. If I should switch on the ac at this point the engine usually stalls 90% of the time.

All the engine and transmission mounts are good because they were checked. I scanned and got two codes. P0341 (camshaft position sensor A), P0747 (Pressure control solenoid A stuck on)

I went online to find out the exact vehicle this engine was for but can’t seem to pinpoint it. Then if I go on Honda site they don’t even show specifications for this K24A6 range of engines.

When the Mech was Installing the engine he swapped the portion housing the water pump with my old engine because he said the new engine’s own wasn’t compatible. So I took out the water pump from the new engine and put it in my old housing to use (I’m talking about a unit on the K24 engine block which houses the water pump)

I just wish I could know what exact car used this engine so I can understand it better and know how to sort it’s codes. The only issue I’m having with it is that it vibrates with the ac and the idle speed not adjusting as it should.

Please do you know the symptoms of the balance shaft not functional on these K24 engines?

Gazzuzz
Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

Clearly wrong engine for the car.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

I had to buy a new engine as the former one lost much compression and was shorting oil. The car had no check engine lights at all and everything else works fine. Then came the change.

After mounting and fixing, the new engine started but was going off once you took your foot off the throttle so someone checked the timing and it seemed to be working fine.

After I started using it I noticed that if I switch on the ac and the car is idling it vibrates so badly that the whole car is shaking. The only way to stop the vibration is by increasing the idle speed (which isn’t proper). My usual idle is 700-800rpm but when I switch on ac it drops dangerously first and almost stalls the engine before rising to 600rpm steady but vibrating. I put in another iaac valve but the symptoms still persisted.

I also noticed that once the engine is properly warmed up after driving a distance and I come to a stop and switch to neutral the tachometer first settles at about 800rpm then if I don’t use the throttle after about 10seconds it settles down further to around 600rpm. My old engine never behaved this way. If I should switch on the ac at this point the engine usually stalls 90% of the time.

All the engine and transmission mounts are good because they were checked. I scanned and got two codes. P0341 (camshaft position sensor A), P0747 (Pressure control solenoid A stuck on)

I went online to find out the exact vehicle this engine was for but can’t seem to pinpoint it. Then if I go on Honda site they don’t even show specifications for this K24A6 range of engines.

When the Mech was Installing the engine he swapped the portion housing the water pump with my old engine because he said the new engine’s own wasn’t compatible. So I took out the water pump from the new engine and put it in my old housing to use (I’m talking about a unit on the K24 engine block which houses the water pump)

I just wish I could know what exact car used this engine so I can understand it better and know how to sort it’s codes. The only issue I’m having with it is that it vibrates with the ac and the idle speed not adjusting as it should.

Please do you know the symptoms of the balance shaft not functional on these K24 engines?

Gazzuzz
Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

From the little I have seen, you should have a K24A1 or A3 in the engine bay. The K24A6 is for a Honda Odyssey (JDM) made in china /Japan, not very popular vehicles around here. I am still looking for technical information that would explain the difference in the A6 from other variants that would match the accord.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2019
@piyke & thebigkendo But it’s just half and top I bought. Everything fit in place. Just the water pump housing that was switched.

@gazzuzz It didn’t have any plastic stuff on it when I saw it at the shop. Does the odyssey and accord engine have different engine mounting configurations? Because the mounts are all in place. Does this engine have a balance shaft that may be bad?

Sorry for the bother but My heart is paining me right now. This engine is already past its warranty and I can’t return it sad so I’ve used my money to buy space bus engine??

Edit: if there’s an issue with the timing chain of the engine can it give such symptoms?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:
@piyke & thebigkendo But it’s just half and top I bought. Everything fit in place. Just the water pump housing that was switched.

@gazzuzz It didn’t have any plastic stuff on it when I saw it at the shop. Does the odyssey and accord engine have different engine mounting configurations? Because the mounts are all in place. Does this engine have a balance shaft that may be bad?

Sorry for the bother but My heart is paining me right now. This engine is already past its warranty and I can’t return it sad so I’ve used my money to buy space bus engine??

Edit: if there’s an issue with the timing chain of the engine can it give such symptoms?

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by nurey(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

I believe what you bought is actually a K24 A2 or A3, the A6 in your initial pix looks funny like the 6 was altered not as clear as the rest.

from the stats of the A2 and A3, the engine is more powerful than what was fitted in the US/international market accord. Only the JDM and Euro Accord were fitted with such powerful engine 147kw against 118kw.

I am not really much of an engineer but my verdict point me to think the Engine won't perform well because of the ECU, Engine internal may fit but ECU mapping is different.

but wait for those who are the real mechanic to give you a better know how. The A6 insignia may not really be given by Honda, but by enthusiastic since for that Odyssey, V6 was dropped for a better tweaked A24 in the sporty absolute model.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2019
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=83542733][/quote]

ahh. !! Just like that? cry

I’ve just driven this one for 5k km so far. Mobil 5w20 and it’s due change. I wanted to work on this issue at the same time.

hmm I’ve learned my lesson. angry safe to say it’s now gonna be 20W50 on point from today. I rather save the extra 15k for six months and try my luck again.

but Honda dey craze sha, why dem make these K24 engines resemble themselves like this

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2019
nurey:

I believe what you bought is actually a K24 A2 or A3, the A6 in your initial pix looks funny like the 6 was altered not as clear as the rest.

from the stats of the A2 and A3, the engine is more powerful than what was fitted in the US/international market accord. Only the JDM and Euro Accord were fitted with such powerful engine 147kw against 118kw.

I am not really much of an engineer but my verdict point me to think the Engine won't perform well because of the ECU, Engine internal may fit but ECU mapping is different.

but wait for those who are the real mechanic to give you a better know how. The A6 insignia may not really be given by Honda, but by enthusiastic since for that Odyssey, V6 was dropped for a better tweaked A24 in the sporty absolute model.

Thanks I will wait. From this K24A6 working I know this engine is acting different than my former K24A4 in some subtle ways. I was initially happy that it used less fuel and I started to really notice the ivtec coming up earlier than my former engine. Then it’s idle is somehow lower.

What if the accords ac compressor was different from the odyssey’s own? Because it’s just when the air conditioning Is working that’s the issue.

Hopefully I’d get something to work with from here. I’m in onitsha right now so help is trial and error.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

Thanks I will wait. From this K24A6 working I know this engine is acting different than my former K24A4 in some subtle ways. I was initially happy that it used less fuel and I started to really notice the ivtec coming up earlier than my former engine. Then it’s idle is somehow lower.

What if the accords ac compressor was different from the odyssey’s own? Because it’s just when the air conditioning Is working that’s the issue.

Hopefully I’d get something to work with from here. I’m in onitsha right now so help is trial and error.

Stop , do not change anything. Have you serviced the IACV? Also any work recently don on the electricals of your air-conditioning?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Stop , do not change anything. Have you serviced the IACV? Also any work recently don on the electricals of your air-conditioning?

Yes I bought a new IACV and swapped it but there was no change. I even still have the old IACV.

Then indeed the ac compressor was changed as I changed the engine. When my old engine lost so much compression I stopped using the ac for a few years and the tech said I needed to buy another one. So I bought It’s OEM tokumbo compressor too and it works as it should and cools too without leaks. Just that once I switch it on the rpm drops dangerously and the car vibrates hard.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
Conner44:

Yes I bought a new IACV and swapped it but there was no change. I even still have the old IACV.

Then indeed the ac compressor was changed as I changed the engine. When my old engine lost so much compression I stopped using the ac for a few years and the tech said I needed to buy another one. So I bought It’s OEM tokumbo compressor too and it works as it should and cools too without leaks. Just that once I switch it on the rpm drops dangerously and the car vibrates hard.

Nothing is seriously wrong with your vehicle. It is just not compensating for the extra load applied. IACV might still be faulty or AC module is bypassed. The engine ECU needs to know when the air-conditioning is turned on, that way it commands the IACV to adjust engine power instantly to compensate for anticipated load. That is not happening. Get a smart electrician not a mechanic .

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Nothing is seriously wrong with your vehicle. It is just not compensating for the extra load applied. IACV might still be faulty or AC module is bypassed. The engine ECU needs to know when the air-conditioning is turned on, that way it commands the IACV to adjust engine power instantly to compensate for anticipated load. That is not happening. Get a smart electrician not a mechanic .

Okay thanks a lot. I will find a competent person to look into these two things next and give you an update.

Remember I have two fault codes P0341 & P0747, can any of these faults lead to such symptoms?

Please for the moment gazzuzz and other engineers please help me check if other K24 engines you come across have this similar tag beside it’s engine number HM RAA just like in the picture below. I want to know if anyone will come across any vehicle using this type of engine from factory.

This engine tag does not seem to have been tampered with @nurey

Thanks for your help

Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2019
Conner44:

Okay thanks a lot. I will find a competent person to look into these two things next and give you an update.

Remember I have two fault codes P0341 & P0747, can any of these faults lead to such symptoms?

Please for the moment gazzuzz and other engineers please help me check if other K24 engines you come across have this similar tag beside it’s engine number HM RAA just like in the picture below. I want to know if anyone will come across any vehicle using this type of engine from factory.

This engine tag does not seem to have been tampered with @nurey

Thanks for your help

Piyke
adanny01
thebigkendo

The tag is not tampered with.

Top CRV bottom accord

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 11:24am On Oct 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

The tag is not tampered with.

Top CRV bottom accord

Thanks boss. This means those alphabets are engine specific because my old K24A4 engine had just only RAA written on it and nothing else.

Please what year are the cars from which you got these engine tags?
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:29am On Oct 29, 2019
Conner44:

Thanks boss. This means those alphabets are engine specific because my old K24A4 engine had just only RAA written on it and nothing else.

Please what year are the cars from which you got these engine tags?

I don't have a history of change before i replaced them, but the Crv came from 2002/3 CRV and the accord 2003/4
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by Conner44: 11:34am On Oct 29, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I don't have a history of change before i replaced them, but the Crv came from 2002/3 CRV and the accord 2003/4

Thanks bro you’re a big help.

Please still help me keep an eye out in case any future customer brings in a vehicle with the K24A6 engine to your garage. I’d keep using this one and hope I sort out it’s issues.
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by eyinola: 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2019
I love Honda so much but the leg pulling always give me a rethink, how can one maintain it in order to be save from that shiiii
Re: The Truth About The 2002 - 2007 Accord(eod) by dcole73: 8:20am On Dec 10, 2019
eyinola:
I love Honda so much but the leg pulling always give me a rethink, how can one maintain it in order to be save from that shiiii

Drive reasonably, don't fly speed bumps.

Never replace components with China parts. Buy OEM.

USE only recommended fluids.

And love your car. Your car will love you back.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / love-vendor-My-Ride In Nigeria / Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.