Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,494 members, 7,836,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says (596 Views)

Defection To APC Won’t Stop Prosecution Of Corrupt Politicians –presidency / Buhari Pampering Corrupt Politicians – Tunji Braithwaite / Corrupt Public Officers Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Ali Buba-Lamido, the Anglican Bishop of
Wusasa Diocese in Zaria, Kaduna state,
has advocated the death penalty for corrupt
public office holders.
He made the call on Saturday at the Sixth
Synod of the Wusasa Diocese of the Anglican
Communion, held in Zaria, Kaduna state.
“The death penalty option is the only way to put
public officers in Nigeria in check,” Buba-
Lamido said, adding that he made the call
because corruption kills more people than a
conventional weapons.
“If our leaders know that they would be
prosecuted if found corrupt, they would be on
their toes to avoid corrupt practices,” he said.
He appealed to politicians to do everything
possible to fulfil their campaign promises with a
view to bringing succour to the electorate.
The bishop described the level of
unemployment in Nigeria as alarming,
appealing to the new administration to adopt
proactive measures in tackling the problem.
Expressing confidence in the ability of the
administration, the cleric said he had no doubt
that President Muhammdu Buhari would
deliver.
On the security situation in the country, he
expressed sadness that a country like Nigeria
had lost up to 11,000 people to Boko Haram,
but he said he was “satisfied with the approach
taken by the new administration to tackle the
menace”.
The synod featured presentation of awards to
distinguished Nigerians, comprising Muslims,
Christians, politicians and non-politicians.
The awardees include Shehu Idris, the emir of
Zazzau; Yakubu Gowon, a former head of state;
Ahmed Makarfi, former governor of Kaduna
state; and General Theophilus Danjuma.

www.thecable.ng/corrupt-politicians-killed-says-cleric

1 Like

Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by kodded(m): 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
undecided
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Meaning there should be no politician in the country anymore.
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
Its shld start from d not

1 Like

Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Lilyomi(f): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
This man don vex polithiefians.
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by TerrorSquad(m): 7:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
I doubt this man is a man of God
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by akoaki(m): 7:50pm On Jun 20, 2015
And corrupt imams and pastors scattered around the country; scamming, cheating and stealing in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the holy spirit!!!
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 21, 2015
I wonder why some people keep asking if the Anglican Bishop is a Christian? If we all Nigerians and if the Nigerian constitution supports death sentence for whoever murders his fellow citizen. Do you know how many people who this so corrupt public office holders have killed financially&health-wisely? The Church and Mosques leaders have their short comings to and I believe they too should have a constitution guiding the acts of their leaders.
I believe with this..... Our country will be sanitized.
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by captainprogress(m): 10:43am On Jun 21, 2015
Only God should decide who is to live and who is to die...
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by omenka(m): 10:45am On Jun 21, 2015
Killing them is a tad bit too extreme for me. Just strip them the right to hold any other public office, retrieve stolen money, and lock them up without a chance of parole or pardon for nothing less than 20years.

1 Like

Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by Yujin(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2015
I support his motion 100%. My only problem is the gauge to be used in determining corruption. I also have another proposal. Let the members of the house of assembly be paid by their respective constituencies. This will ensure that only the individuals passionate about the condition of their people will come out for the position. Any money to that should be discussed during their sittings should be for jobs in the various constituencies.
Re: Corrupt Politicians Should Be Killed, Anglican Bishop Says by ki02020(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2015
True talk but........let he who is wthout sin be the first to cast the stone

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Disappearing Presidency By Okey Ndibe / Miyetti Allah Offers To Rear Mr President’s Cows For Free - Leadership / Bukola Saraki. Leader Of Yaradua's Anti GEJ Kitchen Cabinet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.