Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training (14763 Views)

Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) / A Nairalander 's Mustard Seeds Farm And His Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
I am going for a three months training in Songhai Agricultural center, Porto Novo, Benin Republic by July 2015 but if we go in groups it will be cheaper, so anyone interested should call me on 07062904714... It's time to get Agriculture in Nigeria back to its pride.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Queendo(f): 8:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
Can u explain more abt d prog?

Skiblack1:
I am going for a three months training in Songhai Agricultural center, Porto Novo, Benin Republic by July 2015 but if we go in groups it will be cheaper, so anyone interested should call me on 07062904714... It's time to get Agriculture in Nigeria back to its pride.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 9:28pm On Jun 21, 2015
Songhai is one of the biggest Agricultural Institute in Africa widely recognized by the United Nations as one with a prospect for reviving the African Agricultural potentials.
They offer different programs like
Crop production:
Vegetables carrot, lettuce, tomato, pepper, water melon) compost, Agroforestry, Food crops (rice, maize, soybean, cassava etc.
Animal Husbandry:
Poultry farming, fish farming, pig farming, rabbits, cattle, grass cutters etc
Food processing:
Meat and fish processing, pastry processing, juice and jam production, soya milk and yoghurt production etc.
Handicraft:
Palm oil production, soap making, Garri production etc
Renewable Energies:
Brogan, Solar, Bio Fuel (jatropha), plastic and waste recycling etc.

Programs duration:
Professionals: 4 to 18 months
Farm managers: 6 months
Creative Entrepreneurs : 1 to 3 months
IT training and internships: 1 to 6 months
Visit www.songhai.org for more info

2 Likes

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by chinnyonwu(m): 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2015
howfar bro. have you made it there?
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by obafunke(f): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2015
I will be going to songhai farm in porto novo on the 1st of August for enquiry about a 3months programme over,anyone interested!!!!beep me on emicolsy@gmail.com
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Apitch(m): 8:22am On Jul 27, 2015
obafunke:
I will be going to songhai farm in porto novo on the 1st of August for enquiry about a 3months programme over,anyone interested!!!!beep me on emicolsy@gmail.com
It's a six months package not three and price is about 150k but u can do three months but the price will be killing cos it will be a daily package. Go tru their brochure well or better still contact the op or anyone there
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by obafunke(f): 9:31am On Jul 27, 2015
Apitch:

It's a six months package not three and price is about 150k but u can do three months but the price will be killing cos it will be a daily package. Go tru their brochure well or better still contact the op or anyone there

Can you drop your email address so that we can talk,i've got some questions to ask you.thank you very much
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Apitch(m): 11:15am On Jul 27, 2015
obafunke:

Can you drop your email address so that we can talk,i've got some questions to ask you.thank you very much
I'm sorry dear, I've not been there myself, I kept in touch with the Op before he left and when he arrived the center so I got the info from him
The Op number is above but u might likely not get him
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by obafunke(f): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2015
Apitch:

I'm sorry dear, I've not been there myself, I kept in touch with the Op before he left and when he arrived the center so I got the info from him
08038927644 my number
The Op number is above but u might likely not get him

Ok, thank you very much,i'll call him,pls are you a farmer and do you have any reason why you didn't go to songhai?
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Apitch(m): 11:26am On Jul 27, 2015
obafunke:

Ok, thank you very much,i'll call him,pls are you a farmer and do you have any reason why you didn't go to songhai?
Yes I am but I have a job I can't leave for now so I made the enquiries so I can send my bro
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by obafunke(f): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2015
[quote author=Apitch post=36320403]
Yes I am but I have a job I can't leave for now so I made the enquiries so I can send my bro[/quote

Ok,thank you very,please do you knw aby other place/farm/school where I can go apart from songhai fams which the tuition fee is lesser?
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Apitch(m): 11:38am On Jul 27, 2015
I think songhai now have their farms here in 9ja, one in the north and one in niger delta but I don't have details
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by obafunke(f): 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2015
Apitch:
I think songhai now have their farms here in 9ja, one in the north and one in niger delta but I don't have details

Ok,thank you,i'll go to porto novo this weekend to make my enquiry....thank you very much once again.

1 Like

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by topearos(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2015
its a nice place to be, i was there in 2011 August to learn.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 12:46am On Sep 06, 2015
Alright sorry for being offline for so long... Any questions requiring answers can be forwarded.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by DICON2: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2015
What is tthe minimum months and how much

1 Like

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:28pm On Sep 06, 2015
Skiblack1:
Alright sorry for being offline for so long... Any questions requiring answers can be forwarded.

Welcome back...kindly discuss the cost implications of the different durations of training and other necessary helpful tips...thanks

1 Like

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 16, 2015
DICON2:
What is tthe minimum months and how much

If you are interested in a 6 months program, you should be ready to pay about 150k Naira, however, you can pay in 2 installments 80k, for the first three months then 60k for the remaining 3 months. These include tuition, accommodation and kits, you can feed yourself.

On the other hand, if you are spending less than 6 months you get to pay per day which will be 8k CFA per day (2300 Naira).

1 Like

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hope I have done justice to your questions?
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Apitch(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2015
Are u back bro?
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by DICON2: 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Skiblack1:

If you are interested in a 6 months program, you should be ready to pay about 150k Naira, however, you can pay in 2 installments 80k, for the first three months then 60k for the remaining 3 months. These include tuition, accommodation and kits, you can feed yourself.

On the other hand, if you are spending less than 6 months you get to pay per day which will be 8k CFA per day (2300 Naira).

Thanks
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2015
Apitch:
Are u back bro?

Ya I came back last month
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by echoedwalls: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Skiblack1:

Welcome back mate! Would appreciate tips on crossing the border. Thanks
Wanna go this weekend.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by echoedwalls: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
Skiblack1:

Welcome back mate! Would appreciate tips on crossing the border. Thanks
Wanna go this weekend.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Avast(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
Skiblack1:
Hope I have done justice to your questions?
how can someone that just finish ND have his/her IT in songhai.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2015
echoedwalls:

Welcome back mate!
Would appreciate tips on crossing the border.
Thanks

Wanna go this weekend.

If you don't have a passport, you can call a bike guy who will help you cross over it shouldn't be more than 500 Naira... Call me for his number
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2015
Avast:
how can someone that just finish ND have his/her IT in songhai.

If you can get a letter from your institution, it shouldn't be a problem
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Avast(m): 5:20pm On Oct 30, 2015
Skiblack1:

If you can get a letter from your institution, it shouldn't be a problem
i have my letter,but dnt know how to go about submiting it
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Skiblack1(m): 12:36am On Nov 03, 2015
Avast:
i have my letter,but dnt know how to go about submiting it

You can call Mr. Baya on +229 9614 7228, he is their secretary and he will tell you the process.
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by Avast(m): 7:47pm On Nov 03, 2015
Skiblack1:

You can call Mr. Baya on +229 9614 7228, he is their secretary and he will tell you the process.
Thank you sir,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by phillings247: 5:14am On Nov 04, 2015
can one take up studies in fisheries,pigery,cattle rearing,grasscutter farming,snailry all in 6 months at songhai

1 Like

Re: Songhai Farm And Agricultural Center, Porto Novo 3 Months Training by stanvesco(m): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Skiblack1:

please how did ur training go,because I am planning on going for same training by January 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Generating Amazing Wealth With Watermelon Cultivation. / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Red Sokoto (maradi) Goat Farm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.