Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) (13934 Views)

Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys / My Hen Hatched Yesterday And Died Today Left With Only The Chicks (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 7:31pm On Jun 30, 2017
It is like an annormaly. I just got message from my parents that one of my Noilers just hatched one of its eggs.

I live in ibadan, but last christmas, i took all my birds to sell in lagos. 3 were left, and i just asked my parents to give them left overs when they can and allow them find their own food (my parents house has a big compound with a garden).

They first called me a few weeks ago to inform me that the two females had gone missing. And then they called a few days later to inform me that they found them at a corner of the garden sitting on a pile of eggs. And then my mom just called me now that one of the female noilers had hatched one of its eggs and the chick had started falling it about.

I will ask one of my friends in the area to take a picture tomorrow and i will post it here. This is still shocking. Agric chicken don turn local chicken. Lol!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Caustics: 7:34pm On Jun 30, 2017
which one is noiler. abi na broiler?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2017
Caustics:
which one is noiler. abi na broiler?

No. Noiler is a new breed. It is like a cross between local chicken and broiler.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Caustics: 7:51pm On Jun 30, 2017
kayo80:

No. Noiler is a new breed. It is like a cross between local chicken and broiler.
interesting. please remember to upload the pictures tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 2:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
Yea...my sister just sent me the picture of the Noiler and her chicks. They were seven total, but rain fell heavily yesterday night and three died. Let's see how it goes. The other female hasn't hatched its own eggs yet, but follow its sister around. Lol!
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 2:21pm On Jul 01, 2017
This is the picture...

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Rahmoney(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
Never knew there is a name for the breed. The breeding stuff has been around my area since.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by aquila3: 12:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
kayo80:
Yea...my sister just sent me the picture of the Noiler and her chicks. They were seven total, but rain fell heavily yesterday night and three died. Let's see how it goes. The other female hasn't hatched its own eggs yet, but follow its sister around. Lol!
My nairaland poultry lecturer congrat o,everythng na double double.

2 Likes

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
aquila3:
My nairaland poultry lecturer congrat o,everythng na double double.

Lol!
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by organicfoods(m): 2:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
kayo80:
This is the picture...
Very nice to see. If they can take the chicks and brood, chances of survival would be high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2017
organicfoods:
Very nice to see. If they can take the chicks and brood, chances of survival would be high.

Okay.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by jfkenny(m): 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2017
Was the noiler crossed by another noiler or local chicken..
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by tasho105(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
Interesting...pls do keep us posted.All the best.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2017
jfkenny:
Was the noiler crossed by another noiler or local chicken..

Crossed by another noiler. They are three left...2 females and one male.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
tasho105:
Interesting...pls do keep us posted.All the best.

Will do. Thanks.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by TUba69(m): 9:44am On Oct 13, 2017
kayo80:

The crossbreeding explains everything. I had witnessed such before, but the scenario is a bit different though.

1 Like

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Kim1: 7:52am On Oct 03, 2020
is egg lay by noiler fertile?
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2020
Kim1:
is egg lay by noiler fertile?

Yes, if it was climbed/fertilized by a male noiler.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Adlac(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
If you have the time why not raise them with intensive method.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 6:37am On Oct 04, 2020
Adlac:
If you have the time why not raise them with intensive method.

This thread is 3 years old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by ikechialex1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
Wow this is the experiment am carrying out right now, i have a male noiler and a female layer i feed them locally they move around and feed too, i have been asking if it's possible for the female to lay eggs hatch and carry them like locals do and someone told me to allow them fend for them self and they will hatch, so this your story gives me hope now, let me watch them and see cos i was about cooking the layer for dinner, but decided to research first and know if its possible.
The male has been mating her since i bought her but up to a month now no eggs yet.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by ikechialex1(m): 4:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
Wow this is the experiment am carrying out right now, i have a male noiler and a female layer i feed them locally they move around and feed too, i have been asking if It's possible for the female to lay eggs hatch and carry them like locals do and someone told me to allow them fend for them self and they will hatch, so this your story gives me hope now, let me watch them and see cos i was about cooking the layer for dinner, but decided to research first and know if its possible.
The male has been mating her since i bought her but up to a month now no eggs yet.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Christistruth00: 2:33am On Feb 21, 2021
grin
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 9:01am On Feb 23, 2021
ikechialex1:
Wow this is the experiment am carrying out right now, i have a male noiler and a female layer i feed them locally they move around and feed too, i have been asking if it's possible for the female to lay eggs hatch and carry them like locals do and someone told me to allow them fend for them self and they will hatch, so this your story gives me hope now, let me watch them and see cos i was about cooking the layer for dinner, but decided to research first and know if its possible.

How many weeks is the female Noiler? From years of experience, they start laying eggs around the 18th-20th week...that's like between the 4th and 5th month. So, give it time. The male might be climbing the female, and the female might not have reached full maturity yet.

Try this experiment...Try and catch the female Noiler, if it bends down in fear and raises it's tail feather, then it has reached full maturity as a female and it is ready to lay eggs. If it runs away while you're trying to catch it, then you need to give it a little more time

1 Like

Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Ayemileto(m): 5:56pm On Oct 04, 2021
kayo80:
It is like an annormaly. I just got message from my parents that one of my Noilers just hatched one of its eggs.

I live in ibadan, but last christmas, i took all my birds to sell in lagos. 3 were left, and i just asked my parents to give them left overs when they can and allow them find their own food (my parents house has a big compound with a garden).

They first called me a few weeks ago to inform me that the two females had gone missing. And then they called a few days later to inform me that they found them at a corner of the garden sitting on a pile of eggs. And then my mom just called me now that one of the female noilers had hatched one of its eggs and the chick had started falling it about.

I will ask one of my friends in the area to take a picture tomorrow and i will post it here. This is still shocking. Agric chicken don turn local chicken. Lol!

Are you sure about this?

Because mine lays everyday and I have been picking their eggs shocked
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ayemileto:

Are you sure about this?

Because mine lays everyday and I have been picking their eggs shocked

Sure about what exactly? I don't understand
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by Ayemileto(m): 7:18pm On Oct 04, 2021
kayo80:

Sure about what exactly? I don't understand

That the bird was Noiler.

Also, what's the colour of the eggs. Is it white or brown colour?
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by kayo80(m): 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Ayemileto:

That the bird was Noiler.

Also, what's the colour of the eggs. Is it white or brown colour?

Of course I am sure. I have been dealing in Noiler since 2006. I bought that particular batch from Amo Hatchery (Awe, Oyo state) directly in 2016.

It's brown color. Scroll up, you will see the picture I took of the birds back then.
Re: One Of My Noilers Just Hatched Its Egg (pics) by ogbongenet: 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
For correct 5weeks Amo noiler chicks call 08060115253 I can waybill to any state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Facts About Noiler Birds You Don't Know / How Do I Treat My Sick Broilers? Help A Brother / Have You Heard About New Hope Feeds?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.