Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank (33788 Views)

Court Sets Date For Aderinokun’s Daughter’s Suit Against Gtbank / Screenshot: A Customer's Complaint On Gtbank FB Wall / Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by beyoncausme: 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
hope the right one gets justice...
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Bolosiye: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
kingphilip:

All information is extracted http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/innoson-slams-n30-billion-suit-on-gtbank/

intresting, appeal opum counter appeal.
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by miketayo(m): 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2015
poiZon:
who owns gtb sef?
dont tell me na yellowbars o...........
enemies of progress.

Mumu
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by osile2012: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Rate GTBank based on your experience, click the link on my signature.

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

You have faulted yourself again. You previously said that "That case HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED by the courts and then here you are showing us the part where GTB appealed and appealed again?

The two appeals have been OVERTURNED by both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme courts. Is the rejection of the appeal by the 2 courts NOT A DETERMINATION? What is left is for GTB to go ahead and pay as ordered by the court!

So there you are. You have finally proven that you did not smell the walls of any educational institution from Nusery to tertiary level.

Go and join your colleagues at Oshodi fly-over bridge who load Danfo with sticks and rods! Illiterate!!

Ethnic sentiment will not let you to be objective. The second case was still pending at the Appeal before Innoson went to approach another high court in Enugu. Can't you read ?

Nigeria’s first indigenous automobile manufacturer, Innoson Motors Nigeria Limited, has slammed a N30 billion suit against Guarantee Trust Bank, GTB, as a result of damages the company suffered following an ex parte order of Martha Injunction, which GTB applied and obtained, freezing Innoson’s accounts in all the banks in Nigeria.

However, on June 10, Justice Saliu Saidu of the Federal High Court, Lagos, in a considered ruling set aside the ex parte order of September 1, 2014 and the writ of summons as well. The running legal battle between Innoson and GTB started when Innoson challenged the action of Nigerian Customs Service for auctioning its goods.

In a Garnishee Order Absolute, the court had ordered GTB to pay Innoson N2,048,737,443.67 from Customs account. Rather than comply with the Garnishee Order Absolute of the court, GTB on February 6, 2015 appealed the judgment, but the Court of Appeal in Appeal no. CA/1/258/2011 affirmed the judgment of the Federal High Court and ordered GTB to pay the judgment debt of N2,048,737,443.67 to Innoson.

GTB, instead, appealed to the Supreme Court against the Court of Appeal’s decision.
In another suit, Innoson sued GTB for imposing excess and unlawful charges on the company’s account with the bank amounting to N559 million. The trial court gave a N4.7 billion judgment in favour of Innoson.

GTB subsequently appealed the judgment of the Awka High Court, but the Court of Appeal, Enugu Division, upheld the judgment and ordered GTB to pay the judgment debt, which stood at over N5.7 billion, into an interest-yielding account in the name of the Chief Regi-strar of the Court of Appeal. However, GTB has appealed to the Supreme Court.

If you don't know how the justice system works, just admit it and stop displaying your stupidity here. Let me break it for you since you lack simple comprehension.

In the first case, Innoson won at the Lagos high court, won at the court of appeal but still awaits the decision of the supreme court on same matter.

In the second case, Innoson won at the Awka high court, court of appeal and also awaiting the decision of the supreme court.

If the supreme court has not decided on the cases, why is Innoson suing Gtb for not paying despite the case still at the supreme court.

If you have a counter to what I wrote here, point it out from the original post and stop displaying your stupidity here.

5 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

Ethnic sentiment will not let you to be objective. The second case was still pending at the Appeal before Innoson went to approach another high court in Enugu. Can't you read ?

If you don't know how the justice system works, just admit it and stop displaying your stupidity here. Let me break it for you since you lack simple comprehension.

In the first case, Innoson won at the Lagos high court, won at the court of appeal but still awaits the decision of the supreme court on same matter.

In the second case, Innoson won at the Awka high court, court of appeal and also awaiting the decision of the supreme court.

If the supreme court has not decided on the cases, why is Innoson suing Gtb for not paying despite the case still at the supreme court.

If you have a counter to what I wrote here, point it out from the original post and stop displaying your stupidity here.

I don't have time to waste with a crass goat like you! Ode
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nicepoker(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2015
DonCrust:

What is this one saying?
he is connected to a wrong device. Check his name.
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by proxillin(m): 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2015
[size=28pt]So Yiboribo people will take this issue tribal.

Any little thing. Yoruba ooo, Yoruba this , Yoruba that.

I sense inferiority and fear.

If you like, Bank with Islamic bank, or Sango bank. Just leave Yoruba/Tribalism out of this business issue.

This is a business issue. I dont know when GTB represent Yoruba people.

Awon oloribuku eni adannu[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 22, 2015
lawanson44:

I don't have time to waste with a crass goat like you! Ode

You don't have to admit that you've learnt something from me but atleast your inability to respond logically shows you just learn simple public law process.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by nativedoctors(m): 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
iamlol:
Really that is a very Aladdin Aladdin, Gtb Aladdined , that's why they are Aladdined

Are you HIV Aladdin or HIV aladdined?
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
Guaranteed Trash Banking.

I guess someone is against innoson for trying to manufacture cars in nnewi.
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Tinyemeka(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2015
UnknownT:
30 billi gini? Make I do withdraw my little change there before dem go use am compensate Innoson
grin

See compensation!
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by owobokiri(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
Just Negodu. .

In any event, this is an oppurtuinity to solve a big problem Mr Innoson. Team up with 2 or 3 of your Nnewi brethrens and start a mega bank. In Japan manufacturing conglomorates like yours are basicaly funded by their own well organised and capitalised banks. Mitsubushi and co. You can do it if you run it professionaly. .. The petty minded haters want to ruin you as usual. Adapt and reinforce, that's the igbo mans pain in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by RapLawd(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
That's what I'll call..

Wars of the gods...

Join the team let's get it done!!!

#TeamRapLawd2015 4Mr Nairaland2015

#SaiRapLawd2015
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Neplusultra(f): 1:51pm On Jun 22, 2015
mcino:

Only fools commit the crime they condemn in the course if doing so. Why generalize? Why not call out the tribalists without their tribe being focused on. You are a resident bigot, hiding under this reprimand to vent perpetrate yours
U get sense!!! Ur mama born u well

1 Like

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
so much hate for that bank.
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by sainty2k3(m): 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
kernel504:
That's serious
Tell me more about ur signature
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by kernel504(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2015
sainty2k3:

Tell me more about ur signature
Is as simply as this, l will tell you what and what to buy( cheap stuffs) @ your prefered location, l will simply rear them, make the feed locally,after that you take your capital investment and 100% example ... If you invest N200,000 after everything N400,000, then the rest are mine weather small or big.
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by chiwondoski: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2015
Maga go pay
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Panshow(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Wetin go come remain for GTB bank account na?
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by zanga420: 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
premConcept:
And this is a typical example of how Nigeria always kill indigenous companies/ideas/businesses. undecided why will you aunction off their products?

I'm one of those "Tiger-Claw faced monkeys" undecided and this is not the way to go mr, we are all in this together.

#respect

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by manny4life(m): 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Bluetooth2:

These are two different issues

The first issue before the court was against NCS for which GTB was supposed to comply but did not. It was later affirmed. In this case, there are three parties: Innoson, GTB and NCS

The second issue is STRICTLY between GTB and Innoson based on the awarded damages by the court due to GTB's actions which includes freezing his account among other things.

The last suit is pain and suffering for GTB's actions...

Even if he won the two at the Supreme Court, he suffered damages as a result of GTB's pettiness and needs t be awarded for that. That's the result of the the third suit.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by manny4life(m): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
owobokiri:
Just Negodu. .

In any event, this is an oppurtuinity to solve a big problem Mr Innoson. Team up with 2 or 3 of your Nnewi brethrens and start a mega bank. In Japan manufacturing conglomorates like yours are basicaly funded by their own well organised and capitalised banks. Mitsubushi and co. You can do it if you run it professionaly. .. The petty minded haters want to ruin you as usual. Adapt and reinforce, that's the igbo mans pain in Nigeria

This is why I said we are not serious yet. Why do Igbos have to wait on the FG or some entity to spoon feed them? As you rightly put, what happened to having a capitalized investment bank? If a bank poses so much hassles, how about an investment corporation? I keep saying it, until we focus our strength on economic and capital infrastructures, we will continually be at the mercy of whatever outcome it is and the insult will be nonstop. As for me, nne mercy anwugo.

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by luorquay: 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
F.T.C no be come chop oh I jos day fell fly
fell fly ke??
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by mikolo80: 3:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
ibkgab001:
Nigeria is a lawless country

Anyway ... Rules are made to be broken
o yes we do,we are simply not wlling to enforce them

1 Like

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by meccuno: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
premConcept:
And this is a typical example of how Nigeria always kill indigenous companies/ideas/businesses. undecided why will you aunction off their products?

I'm one of those "Tiger-Claw faced monkeys" undecided and this is not the way to go mr, we are all in this together.

lolz.....so you deleted only the clawed faced monkey part and told the others to go and die ba.......that's cold dude....
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by aybim: 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2015
Enemy of progress
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by meccuno: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
mentorandfriend:
GTB is a disgrace to cooperate banking.

Hopeless country with s.tupid lawmakers that care only for what they can milk from our national treasury, such as trying to defend the cursed wardrobe allowance, but cant protect the budding indigenous entrepeneurs through passing of strong bills. No wonder Dangote is siting huge capital projects outside Nigeria.

Sha Sha Sha....Shame!
imagine the stress adenuga went thru just to get licence for his telecommunication company....MTN having a field day,....innoson dared to create his own indigenous car manufacturing company and he is almost brought to his knees......GTVank should pay that Money or God would spoil their own......

1 Like

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by Dejohnbull: 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2015
Zoo republic this is how they cripple biafran land, rainbownet, cosmo fm, mea matha, nigercem, golden guinea, premier brew, avop, anammco, stelle oduah, ngozi okonjo i, alison madueke, ifeanyi uba, aba, calabar, gej etc? Now is innoson but tinubu own tvc, hotels, and atiku own american uni, and factories are working without efcc and banks pointing fingers on them?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by bigfrancis21: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
owobokiri:
Just Negodu. .

Exactly. This is the best comment I have read on this thread. Innoson and a few other millionaires can come together, pull resources together and start a mega bank of theirs. If they cannot, they can become inside investors by investing heavily in banks in the country or by owning a great share of certain strategic banks in the country. There is good profit to be made from banking in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by premConcept: 4:24pm On Jun 22, 2015
meccuno:
lolz.....so you deleted only the clawed faced monkey part and told the others to go and die ba.......that's cold dude....
lol not liked that jaare, don't mind me. grin
Re: Innoson Slams N30 Billion Suit On Gtbank by meccuno: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2015
spiralwedge:
[s]Judging by d comments here, I begin to believe Igbo people need serious deliverance from naivety, emotions, inferiority complex (always playing victims), bigotry, hatred, tribalism and primitive mentality.
I'm getting sick of these things already... Nigeria needs to move forward, but can't if we are still like this.
I read the op and I didn't see any tribe mentioned. All I saw was custom, innoson ltd, GTB, and courts. the original case is btwn innoson and customs.
do u know Dangote get sued everyweek?? And yet we don't see Hausa tribal champions parading stupidly like you Igbos are doing.
its really disgusting!
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / Central Bank Issues E-Naira Guidelines, Charges And Transaction Limits / Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.