Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,214 members, 7,811,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos (33705 Views)

Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Ndubuisi Emenike, Millionaire Disguises As Beggar In A Market In Imo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:25pm On Mar 18
I was at the Ounje Eko sales on Sunday March 17th, 2024 at Alubarika Primary school, Bariga, Lagos

The program started quite late for whatever reason. People were set and on queue since 10mins before 11, but the first person was attended to by 12:15pm
Wrong, they were only called by that time and were attended to by 1pm, the reason for further delay was network issues (with the payment collection machines?) according to what we heard

There were 3 queues, 2 for females, 1 for males. The female queues were rowdy as they often skipped queues. The male queue would've been quite rowdy if it weren't for volunteer conductors among the people on the queue who don't want people skipping the line, and the respect for the security personnel present, and the perceived frustration exuding from some people on the queue.

At the payment section, you either pay with Cowry or ATM Card (cash was later accepted but I don't know the process)
After paying, I was given a voucher for each items I declared that I wanted to buy

By 2:55pm, I was done being attended to by going to the stand for each item I wanted and was given a pack.

I bought:
5kg rice - 5370 ?
1 crate of eggs - 2700
1kg Onions -450

PS:
. The last egg I bought at a market was 3,800 for a crate, so I'll say the price if eggs at Ounje Eko was worth my effort.

. The Gaari was well blended and it's not multi purpose. It's better for eba only.

. Some women said the beans wasn't up to their cost expectation. But I suspect they were there to buy and resell.

. I couldn't buy the tomatoes, pepper and chilli because I don't have a fridge. I didn't consider it, so I can't say if it's worth buying.

Overall, I'll say the initiative was a good one. It would've been helpful if the whole payment and booking could be done online, and delivered at one's doorstep, but I understand that people who aren't tech savvy, and are within the targeted tax bracket will likely be left out.

I can't grade the rice quality for now till I prepare it, but I'm sure it's Nigerian rice

Thank you to the:
Commissioner for Agriculture, Ms. Olusanya
Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Jide Sanwo-Olu

Igbega ipinle Eko, ajumose ni

162 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LeoThaGreat(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18
Found these pictures on social media

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by FreeStuffsNG: 1:29pm On Mar 18
Awesome! Thank you OP for sharing.
Itesiwaju Ilu Eko ajumose gbogbo wa ni.

153 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by EmiloCorn: 1:30pm On Mar 18
Everybody give it up for my oga πŸ™Œ

He is working πŸ’ͺ

My members are still on ground with their koboko and cane wink

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by JohnnA1: 1:32pm On Mar 18
God bless Lagos.

God continue to bless ILE YORUBA.

Other regions should emulate "Ounje Eko" rather than shouting "Ebi n pawa" on social media.

RestructureNigeria#

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by haffaze777(m): 1:40pm On Mar 18
God bless ile Yoruba

129 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by JohnnA1: 1:43pm On Mar 18
haffaze777:
God bless ile Yoruba
Amen.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Melagros(m): 1:52pm On Mar 18
COMRADES, believe me, not all Lagosians will benefit from this APC's propaganda

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by RenaissanceGuy: 1:53pm On Mar 18
It's nice, if racketeering doesn't mar the good intention. Russia, for example, did a similar thing more than 12 years ago when there was a global rise in food price β€” buy from the farmers and sell to consumers at discounted prices.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by gbaskiboy: 1:55pm On Mar 18
Good initiave by the state government, hope it is sustained for long time

13 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by VinnyBaba: 1:59pm On Mar 18
Yeye Policy from APC!πŸ˜•

Is It Communalism we are Practicing, in this 21st century

Everything about this Govt is Sharing of Foodstuffs, Cheap Agricultural products and PALLIATIVES. sad

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by SoNature(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18
Governor Sanwo-Olu is trying. I hope they pegged the quantity of commodities beneficiaries can buy.

Trust Nigerians - one person can buy up everything and resell in a regular market.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LagosFirstSon: 2:22pm On Mar 18
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people

83 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LagosFirstSon: 2:31pm On Mar 18
killsmith:

That is why I was skeptical about their hunger protest because once they see food they go back to praising the same criminals that impoverished them.
They are truly the almajiri of the south.
What a disgrace

See that picture , look at people's mother and fathers standing under hot sun to buy crumbs

Shame shame shame

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18
killsmith:

That is why I was skeptical about their hunger protest because once they see food they go back to praising the same criminals that impoverished them.
They are truly the almajiri of the south.
You don't have to be angry over things done in Lagos for Lagos benefit.

This initiative is a good one

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by killsmith(f): 2:35pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:

What a disgrace

See that picture , look at people's mother and fathers standing under hot sun to buy crumbs

Shame shame shame
Who are you telling shame?
The same people that worship a man who converted millions of Yoruba sons to thugs instead of empowering them with skills or scholarships? They have no shame. Even dead body get shame pass them.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by killsmith(f): 2:36pm On Mar 18
tollyboy5:

You don't have to be angry over things done in Lagos for Lagos benefit.

This initiative is a good one
I'm not angry. Just laughing at gullible fools.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 2:38pm On Mar 18
VinnyBaba:

Yeye Policy from APC!πŸ˜•

Is It Communalism we are Practicing, in this 21st century

Everything about this Govt is Sharing of Foodstuffs, Cheap Agricultural products and PALLIATIVES. sad

killsmith:

The same people that worship a man who converted millions of Yoruba sons to thugs instead of empowering them with skills or scholarships? They have no shame. Even dead body get shame pass them.
You would rather prefer that one politician creates a policy that buys 400 SUVs for 200 ezes and igwes. Or a policy of creating a beer factory so that the residents of the state can drink to stupor and forget about the rot and decay in his government.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by tollyboy5(m): 2:40pm On Mar 18
killsmith:

I'm not angry. Just laughing at gullible fools.
You know fools also think wise people are fools?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by LagosFirstSon: 2:40pm On Mar 18
killsmith:

They are shameless I forgot . Somebody go stand under hot sun for hours just to buy crumbs and he still get mind come post am on Nairaland and still praise the foolish leaders that impoverished them join ...

What a country

I'm begining to have this believe sey 75% of Nairaland users are poor people

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by chopnaira: 2:43pm On Mar 18
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they don’t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
They are already lamenting just under your comment.
For example πŸ‘‡. In his home state, their mothers were queuing for free kerosine, or selling their votes for Okpa and Jollof. Heck some even queued for free Eba and soup.
LagosFirstSon:

What a disgrace

Shame shame shame

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by Kennyswag: 2:51pm On Mar 18
I love yorubaland cool
i hate landlocked land grin

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by JohnnA1: 2:53pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:
May I not be unfortunate in this life
Too late.
You're ALREADY an unfortunate fellow.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by killsmith(f): 3:03pm On Mar 18
tollyboy5:

You know fools also think wise people are fools?
Whatever man! Praise your politicians and stop mentioning me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by commoditiesnig: 3:14pm On Mar 18
Good experience and good initiative by LASG.
RenaissanceGuy:
It's nice, if racketeering doesn't mar the good intention. Russia, for example, did a similar thing more than 12 years ago when there was a global rise in food price β€” buy from the farmers and sell to consumers at discounted prices.
You're right.. Most govt world over do this as well.

In Turkey for example, govt allocates specific days per Area for cheap food markets - direct from Farm to buyers. We used to have Sunday market in my area of Istanbul then. Very cheap items

Good one mr Sanwo Olu

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by CodeTemplar: 3:14pm On Mar 18
Review looks fair. Sounds like a 4.2 out of 5.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by nabiz(m): 3:15pm On Mar 18
ipobcannibals:
Ipob/obidients will not like this,,,,,they don’t want to hear any good news, rather they only want to hear sadness
it is only a Jobless man will go there to by food considering the price difference and time .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos by CannibalTorment: 3:20pm On Mar 18
LagosFirstSon:
Suffering and smiling people dem

See how they are praising there slave masters over something that's supposed to be in abundance..

No wonder your leaders treat you guys like rags

You went to queue under a hot sun with your mothers to buy food items like Somalia refugees hustling for food

The useless leaders that you enthroned with your votes and ballot snatching are in Abuja sharing billions in the name of constituency projects, while you are at the market square standing under hot sun to buy left over crumbs ..

Shame on you all poverty people
The Enugu woman that left her 3 children and committed suicide by running into fast moving trailers will still be alive if she is suffering and smiling, the Anambra woman who sold her 5 children for pantry #50,000, even goat is not sold for meagre 10k wouldn't have if she has leaders that treated her like rags, the people killing their fathers and sons in imo wouldn't have because of hunger if they are treated like Somali refugees, people are killing, cannibalizing and committing suicide because of hunger in your land and you still have mouth to talk.

48 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

GtBank: Funds Transfer From Savings Accounts Suspended / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / Five Common ATM Scams And How To Avoid Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.