Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,817 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' (9706 Views)

Omotola In The Studio With Bobby Valentino! / Video Of Tonto Recording HI In The Studio :D / WizKid, The Game & Young Jeezy In The Studio Together (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by khanye(m): 4:13pm On Feb 28, 2009
tosinaded@:

And am still asking,na by force?

ama prove it mic wise you got nothing to say
"wild like a baboon under the moon"………nothing to say.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by darequam(m): 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2009
@bamsyle or wordsmith
i gbadun that my skin is blak track from mode9, if i had 9million, i 'l promote it witt 2mil just to showcase how rap is evolving in 9ja.

@kanye
he does av something to say, only that he is yet to say,
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Wordsmith(m): 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2009
@ Bamsyle,

co-sign on that shit you wrote up there. i also like the concept behind the My Skin Is Black song and Green Passport. May i also add that in the ongoing fray, mode9 groupies do more of the ember-fanning. i at least talk out of an observation over the years. go to any site that discusses Nigerian music and you'd see what i'm talking about.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by solz: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2009
first post on here and although i dont know much bout mode 9 mainly cos i already left naija b4 he became "big", i think that naija hip hop is too young for these young cats to start unnecessary beef.they need to let it be.none of these guys are on the level of nas and d likes so they need to chill a lil bit. if mode9 has incriminating facts on ruggedman let him spit it in his next diss track if not, he really shouldnt put out another one as he will just look stupid
my 2 cents or shud i say 2 kobo
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Dclique(m): 11:33pm On Feb 28, 2009
these too are just try to get fame n rep themselves
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by darequam(m): 12:29am On Mar 01, 2009
Just like tony said!

' i aint ur friend u a tattle teller'
we could as wel give mode d sami d bull award of the year,
I'm waiting for rugged's album anyway, MODE IS ALSO MA MAN THOU,
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by daramsont(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2009
u said u are a rapper and u are afraid of going to the studio when ur fellow rapper beefed u, shame on u rugged boy.
have long been saying it tht this ruggedboy is not good at all, i think we can now see it clearly.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 8:34am On Mar 02, 2009
@
SAURONE

Show me M-9's credit history. Show me his best work on any record.
I don't hate M-9, i just feel he is the most overrated artiste in Nigeria and he's got nothing to show for it.

He's not overrated at all. He aint even gettin the kinda honour he deserves. For real!
First listen to his Malcom ix album then u'll get the picture wat we talkin bout.
Then listen to "Contradiction", "Cry", "Skin is Black", "Nine", "Spartan"
Awards aint good enuff credit no more cos it's M-9

Neck long like fowl just doesn't qualify as a good diss. There are 500000 things he coulda talked about to diss Ruggedman but he was just too watery for me liking.

And u think Nas doesnt have a million things to say bout Jay other than "U r ugly", "No moustache havin, like a cat"??
Check how many barz the track has and dont critic just 1 or 3 lines.

If he intended to clown on DeathBlow like he did, he miscalculated.
He sounded off like a child throwing his toys outta the pram.
"U claim to be rich but maintain get dough pass you" Duh. . . . .This is Ruggedman Versus Mode-9. What has Maintain gotta do with it??
It's like saying. . . .DBR, you claim to be a lyricist but Ibime got lyrics more than u. . . .The punchline was just too OFF tangent.

The line was on point. Cos Ruggedy been braggin bout cash and all, he also dissed Maintain.
And the same guy he dissed now got more money than him.So M-9 is just pointin out that it's not bout the money.
Dyu get??
If i said im doper lyricist than Ibeme, and that his lyrics are wack,
and u know Ibeme is evidently gettin more props for being a tight lyricist than moi.
is it off tangent to point me to the rude fact that the dude i claim to be better than lyrically
is gettin more props lyrically?? kapish!

One misplaced line in Jigga's war with Nas brought his downfall.
He should take his battle more seriously if he wants his target audience to take him serious.

Oh!, they already take him serious grin
If Nas cld spit stuff like- u r ugly, u no get moustache, u have sos so kind of lips, and still be
rated to have won the battle, cocoyam head, guinea fowl neck shuddnt be an issue.

That said, this beef will take it's course, and of course they will squash it,
but since Ruggedy has called for this battle, it's too early to back out from wat he asked for.
No matter how many units his new album sells, no matter the space shuttle he buys, i'll
buy his CD, jam it, but will never RESPECT him as much as M-9.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by javalove(m): 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2009
SauronYou asking for modenine's best work? Personally, his best work to me has to be CONTRADICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go listen to it if u havent man.Maybe then your opinions wud change!!!
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 5:50pm On Mar 02, 2009
@
javalove
Nuthin's gon' change Saurone's mind.
U know Y, cos he deliberately chose to
be averse to anythin M-9.

The good thing is deep within he knows
that we know that he knows that M-9
is the best recordin lyricist we have around.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by javalove(m): 5:53pm On Mar 02, 2009
DBR

Thanks jare. Now i believe the Sauron dude is faking.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by javalove(m): 5:58pm On Mar 02, 2009
Sauron

If u believe modenine cant rap or cant rhyme or doesnt have good lyrics. does rughead have?

And u seem to be a good lyricist urself, is rug head man verra dan u?

If u say yes, then i would believe u either copying and pasting lyrics for us on NL or ur dad writes them for u
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 8:13pm On Mar 02, 2009
javalove:

SauronYou asking for modenine's best work? Personally, his best work to me has to be CONTRADICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Go listen to it if u havent man.Maybe then your opinions wud change!!!

I now have 2 modenine's albums. I put ma cash to help/elevate that Arrow and yet he cannot rap. grin grin grin grin
Contradiction?? Just okay nothing special.
Rugged's "Peace Or War" has more substance than "Contradiction".

javalove:

Sauron
If u believe modenine cant rap or cant rhyme or doesnt have good lyrics. does rughead have?
And u seem to be a good lyricist urself, is rug head man verra dan u?

I just like Ruggedman. He has more appeal to his audience than Mode-9.

If u say yes, then i would believe u either copying and pasting lyrics for us on NL or ur dad writes them for u

U are still imbecilic after all these years?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 10:05pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Sauron

Please dont mind them.

Modenine is their King/Emperor/Ruler/God. If Mode farts they will say the sun is shining out of his ass.

I didnt mind Mode until all this palavar over 'death blow' started and I realised just how sycophantic his fans were.

Now i can't stand him!

Rugged opened doors in naija hip hop while Mode has done absolutely nothing.

MI released his album 2 weeks after Mode and totally eclipsed him. If i was Mode ( or his fans) i would seriosuly think about that
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by dejiariyo: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2009
MI released his album 2 weeks after Mode and totally eclipsed him. If i was Mode ( or his fans) i would seriosuly think about that

kanye west released his album after nas untitled and he eclisped nas album, does that means he is better than nas lyrcically?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
I didnt say M.I is lyrically better than Mode. Just making the point that people identify more with M.I ( in just a few months) than they ever have with Mode.

All of Nas's albums have gone platinum apart from 'Untitled'. Hardly anybody buys Modes albums. Not even the 'heads' who all look for free downloads.

Also Kanye's 808 album was a 'singing' album and had a very different fan demographic than Nas's album so you cant even compare the two.

Face the facts.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Sauron1: 10:53pm On Mar 02, 2009
rapjunkie:

I didnt say M.I is lyrically better than Mode. Just making the point that people identify more with M.I ( in just a few months) than they ever have with Mode.

All of Nas's albums have gone platinum apart from 'Untitled'. Hardly anybody buys Modes albums.

Not even the 'heads' who all look for free downloads.

Also Kanye's 808 album was a 'singing' album and had a very different fan demographic than Nas's album so you cant even compare the two.

Face the facts.

I bought his album for $9.99 on itunes so he can buy a new pair of Timbz before Easter. grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by eldee(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2009
@rapjunkie
WORD!!!

Except the part that you said M.I's not lyrically more skilled than Mode17
Dude's the 'Mister Incredible, Most Immaculate Mic Inspector, Music Innovator . . . Nigeria's Hiphop token, you gotta be joking'

Nigerian Hiphop has evolved past Modenine, people are discovering that they don't need to sacrifice good delivery to make sense.
This beef is Mode's last gasp
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 12:32am On Mar 03, 2009
eldee:

@rapjunkie
WORD!!!

Dude's the 'Mister Incredible, Most Immaculate Mic Inspector, Music Innovator . . . Nigeria's Hiphop token, you gotta be joking'     

Nigerian Hiphop has evolved past Modenine, people are discovering that they don't need to sacrifice good delivery to make sense.

Are you the real eldee? if you are, are u not scared that Mode might do a 'death blow part 33' for you.

Also, how comes you got the keys to No.10?

Finally, I didnt say Mode was better lyrically,  just telling Deji that that wasnt the point I was making.

If i think about it honestly, Mode is a tight MC, if the year was 1991!!! grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by kosovo(m): 4:36am On Mar 03, 2009
huh?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 8:42am On Mar 03, 2009
~Sauron~:

I now have 2 modenine's albums. I put ma cash to help/elevate that Arrow and yet he cannot rap. grin grin grin grin

Now u talkin. U just like Ruggedy, i like him too, but not beyond facts.
And if u notice the fact i'v maintained here is that M-9 is far better lyrically.
True Ruggedy has more audience appeal, have u ever heard of mass market brands?
Now, have u heard of Target brands?? Now put it together.

"Peace or war" has more SUBSTANCE than "Contradiction"
Saurone!!!!!!
Dude, u breakin ma heart, waat! i give up on u.
Not takin ur word serious no more,
U just lost me with that one.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 8:51am On Mar 03, 2009
DBR:

Now u talkin. U just like Ruggedy, i like him too, but not beyond facts.
And if u notice the fact i'v maintained here is that M-9 is far better lyrically.
True Ruggedy has more audience appeal, have u ever heard of mass market brands?
Now, have u heard of Target brands?? Now put it together.

Ok. let me get this straight, Mode is far better than Rugged but Rugged has more audience appeal. hmmmmm!
Rugged is a mass market brand and Mode is a target brand.

That makes a lot of sense. Mode doesnt release his album for the masses but targets it for you and Javalove , abi?

I just put it togther. Thanks. wink
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 9:08am On Mar 03, 2009
rapjunkie:

@Sauron

Please dont mind them.

Modenine is their King/Emperor/Ruler/God. If Mode farts they will say the sun is shining out of his ass.

I didnt mind Mode until all this palavar over 'death blow' started and I realised just how sycophantic his fans were.

Now i can't stand him!

That very statement is one that i'm so incongruous with!
What doors? What did he really do?
Can u name 3 rap artists that emerge from the said doors?
Mother tongue this- mother tongue that, is that d door?
Lemme even ask u, is pidgeon english your mother tongue?
lets assume it is, Ruggedy even claims pple who do so now are because of him?
wat he "preached" as a cast in stone ONLY way to make it in 9ja?
Eedris done did that, Junior and pretty were dope wit it, Dr Fresh was hot wit it,
even Maintain, RR&R all opened that door b4 him, and these are facts, so wats d fuss?
The door he opened was door of beef.
Even the M.i u talkin about did he follow the scripture as preached by your, (im tempted to get abusive here)
by Ruggedy?. If M.i eclipsed M-9 is sales only tells me M.i's album is more commercially friendly,
it doesnt tell me more than that.It doesnt tell me M-9's of lesser quality content wise.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 9:35am On Mar 03, 2009
eldee:

I luuuuvvvv M.i.
After listenin to his illegalMixtape CD yesterday he finally became ma favorite 9ja emcee.
Y?, cos i see him as the mainstream version of M-9.
Dude is lyrical, nice lyrics no doubt, tho i dont see him to be more lyrical than M-9, yet
Cos he's has only hit me up side the head with just a few of 'em lines. But his
delivery is workin well for him. And that is the edge he has.
Now listen to wat i call openin doors; 9ja rap scene has always been bout beat
dance and all, M-9 was the one who primed the psyche of dude to start LISTENING to poetic lyrics.
Now pple talk bout metaphores, word play, puns punchline and all and pay attention to it.
Truthfully i do not see M-9 as a mainstream cat but the Leader of the Undergrounds who's
skills has brought to limelite and recognition. Hence he's still very well respected.He dont need noo beef
to be relevant he is already, he's been for couple of years. He didnt foment the beef, so y blame him for it?
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 9:39am On Mar 03, 2009
DBR:

That very statement is one that i'm so incongruous with!
What doors? What did he really do?
Can u name 3 rap artists that emerge from the said doors?
Mother tongue this- mother tongue that, is that d door?
Lemme even ask u, is pidgeon english your mother tongue?
lets assume it is, Ruggedy even claims pple who do so now are because of him?
wat he "preached" as a cast in stone ONLY way to make it in 9ja?
Eedris done did that, Junior and pretty were dope wit it, Dr Fresh was hot wit it,
even Maintain, RR&R all opened that door b4 him, and these are facts, so wats d fuss?
The door he opened was door of beef.
Even the M.i u talkin about did he follow the scripture as preached by your, (im tempted to get abusive here)
by Ruggedy?. If M.i eclipsed M-9 is sales only tells me M.i's album is more commercially friendly,
it doesnt tell me more than that.It doesnt tell me M-9's of lesser quality content wise.
oNe

C'mon DBR are you serious? What doors?

Rugged gave Naija hip hop an edge. Made it sound cool ( and not just funny/odd) to rap in pidgin. Made Alaba realise that Naija hip hop could be commercially viable. He inspired other artists to get in the game and reconsider their strategy. He took on the industry bigwigs as an independent artist without fear and still came out on top

At this time Mode 9 was a journalist!!!! He only jumped on the bandwagon AFTER Rugged made a career in hip hop seem possible.

I think you should give Rugged the props he deserves
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Bamsyle(m): 9:45am On Mar 03, 2009
@Wordsmith

Yep, I do agree with you that Mode's groupies are doing more of the ember-fanning - at least from what I've seen on NL. It's gone on for so long and Rugged's groupies just couldn't take it no more . . .  grin Stay cool man.

rapjunkie:

Rapj, before posting anything 'bout the Rugged/Mode feud, I always start by stating that I belong to neither divides. And at the expense of sounding like a broken record, I'm stating it again.

That said, I do not have any prob with your post from which I extracted the portion as quoted above. What I have a prob with is the quoted part. Especially the first 7 words.

Now, if you say Mode has done nutin for Naija hip hop, I'm cool with it. But saying "Rugged opened doors in naija hip hop", nah - that ain't true.

Apart from his initial efforts, Rugged properly burst on the scene in 2002, at a time when Naija Hip Hop was still suffering in the hands of dudes like Rasqie, Eedris, Ayangba Boiz, Maintain, etc. He came out and dissed all of them and presto, he had the game locked down. He was just a smart businessman. He did what he did for himself. He calculated well and it worked for him. Honestly, anyone could have done this. The rap scene in naija then was just at the precipice and was waiting for any lucky dude to come push it over . . .

Letz take the ongoing global meltdown as an example. Right now, people are scared of buying stocks. Now, if I choose this period to buy loads of stock and suddenly the market bounces back again, would anyone say I cured the crisis

The Naija Rap Scene woulda evolve into what it is today. Rugged or no Rugged. I admit that in 2002, rappers like Mode9, Freestyle, 2shotz, etc had been doing their thang. But then, maybe these dudes just felt that the wackness in the game was none of their business . . .

I admit Rugged had the balls to do what he did in 2002. But that he opened doors Or that he did it for the Naija Rap Scene Nah. He did it for himself. He had no 'naija rap scene' in his mind when he was doing it. Rugged is too smart, ambitious, and business-minded to save an industry.

In his mind's eye, all he saw were fame and money.
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 9:47am On Mar 03, 2009
rapjunkie:

Ok. let me get this straight, Mode is far better than Rugged but Rugged has more audience appeal. hmmmmm!
Rugged is a mass market brand and Mode is a target brand.

That makes a lot of sense. Mode doesnt release his album for the masses but targets it for you and Javalove , abi?

I just put it togther. Thanks. wink
Dont reveal how little u know of branding and marketing communications, ok.
I rather u left ur reply blank, t'wuldda made more sense than what u just posted.

But on a pedestrian level, i guess M-9 sold just 2 copies then? pshhhhhh!
Next!
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by bouzymill(m): 9:49am On Mar 03, 2009
I now have 2 modenine's albums. I put ma cash to help/elevate that Arrow and yet he cannot rap. Grin Grin Grin Grin

i don't know which way you want to defendd that ish u just said, but anywayz this forum is turning into sumthing else. Hence, anyone can spit any shit he so desires,

@wordsmith

Gbade X. It's been long, where've u been all this while?
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by rapjunkie(m): 9:56am On Mar 03, 2009
DBR:

Dont reveal how little u know of branding and marketing communications, ok.
I rather u left ur reply blank, t'wuldda made more sense than what u just posted.

But on a pedestrian level, i guess M-9 sold just 2 copies then? pshhhhhh!
Next!
oNe

@DBR

wow!!!! you are so smart. Amazing! I'm sure your boss in your branding and marketing communications company is proud of you. Logging on to NL to display all your worldly knowledge. Incredible!!

Its an honour to be lectured by you.

Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by Bamsyle(m): 10:13am On Mar 03, 2009
bouzymill:

i don't know which way you want to defendd that ish u just said, but anywayz this forum is turning into sumthing else. Hence, anyone can spit any shit he so desires,

Maybe I could also say MIMS' "This Is Why I'm Hot" makes more sense to me than Common's "I Used To Love H.E.R." . . . grin grin

Don't be surprised - it's a free world yo . . . and "freedom of expression" is my fundamental right . . . grin
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 10:17am On Mar 03, 2009
rapjunkie:

C'mon DBR are you serious? What doors?

Rugged gave Naija hip hop an edge. Made it sound cool ( and not just funny/odd) to rap in pidgin. Made Alaba realise that Naija hip hop could be commercially viable. He inspired other artists to get in the game and reconsider their strategy. He took on the industry bigwigs as an independent artist without fear and still came out on top

At this time Mode 9 was a journalist!!!! He only jumped on the bandwagon AFTER Rugged made a career in hip hop seem possible.

I think you should give Rugged the props he deserves
Yea true, he took on bigwigs and that is really courageous of him.
I admire Ruggedy's boldness to do that.
But like it's said he who's down fears no fall.
What he did was just to roll a dice on it and it worked.
Remember he said,he was ready to quit and go get a job
but wanted to give a beefblow as he exits the scene unrecognized.
So it wasnt for any scene, or any industry.
Yea at that time M-9 maybe a journalist, wonder wat m.i, naeto and the likes were.
When Henry ford did his thing i wonder where Mercedes was then
when Bush was presido i wonder where Barack was, dyu get ma point
Now, unlike u, i still like Ruggedy deathblow or no deathblow, i buy his CDs
i listen to him, i like his voice, and kinda fancy his New crossfire too grin, but i RESPECT
M-9 for his art, his lyrics, and his resolve not to go with the pop,bling,butt shakin fad.
oNe
Re: ''Ruggedman Should Go Back To The Studio And Reply Me'' by DBR: 10:29am On Mar 03, 2009
rapjunkie:

@DBR

wow!!!! you are so smart. Amazing! I'm sure your boss in your branding and marketing communications company is proud of you. Logging on to NL to display all your worldly knowledge. Incredible!!

Its an honour to be lectured by you.

My boss?, well if he's not a Ruggedy stan, maybe he'l be proud of me, lol.
Duhhh. i'v not even displayed any knowledge,worldly or heavenly,
class aint even in session so dont thank me just yet grin
But seriouly, if u feel offended by ma post i apologize,
im not the type who posts to insult no one.
OK?
oNe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The King Is Back (eedris Abdulkareem) / Watch Official Video: D’banj – Superstar / How To Promote Your Songs Worldwide For Free

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94