Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe (2056 Views)

Between USA And EUROPE Where Can One Hustle And Make Money / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Easy To Get Visas Of Countries In Asia And Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by McSterling(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2015
I've been searching for foreign universities that offer premium quality MSc programs in the field of exploration geophysics. My main preference are Canadian Universities. So far, I have seen programs offered by the University of Western Ontario, University of Manitoba and University of Alberta. In the USA, I found TAMU, University of Oklahoma and University of Houston, among others. In Europe, the best I've seen so far is the joint program at TU Delft. If you think there are other places I should also be looking at (even outside the specified geographic areas), please feel free to post them here. Thanks.
Re: Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by modskiller(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2015
McSterling:
I've been searching for foreign universities that offer premium quality MSc programs in the field of exploration geophysics. My main preference are Canadian Universities. So far, I have seen programs offered by the University of Western Ontario, University of Manitoba and University of Alberta. In the USA, I found TAMU, University of Oklahoma and University of Houston, among others. In Europe, the best I've seen so far is the joint program at TU Delft. If you think there are other places I should also be looking at (even outside the specified geographic areas), please feel free to post them here. Thanks.

Go for Texas Arm or Alberta.

Good Luck!
Re: Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by McSterling(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2015
modskiller:

Go for Texas Arm or Alberta.
Good Luck!
Thank you.
Re: Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by MsZeezah: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2015
University of Houston. The admission requirements are a killer but if you can get in, and keep your grades high, getting a job is half solved. Houston is the Oil Capital of North America (Literally, Lol). Lots of multinational oil companies have their headquarters or a huge operating office in Houston... (ConocoPhilips, Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Chevron, Marathon Oil, Phillips 66, Shell, PXP now Freeport McMoran, Schlumberger, BHP Billiton, Occidental Petroleum (Oxy)... to name a few).

Many of them come to UH campus to recruit for full time positions or for internship positions which might eventually lead to full time. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by Aspire200(m): 12:01am On Jul 19, 2015
You can also check out the University of Leeds, UK. I know it's out of your preferred locations, but they do have a solid, industry recognized MSc program in Exploration Geophysics with regular visits from top companies like Shell, Total, Schlumberger and the likes.

TU Delft is also very good for Europe. For the US, good choices are also Texas A & M and Colorado School of Mines.

1 Like

Re: Best Applied/exploration Geophysics Masters Programs In Canada, USA And Europe by McSterling(m): 11:40am On Aug 03, 2015
Aspire200:
You can also check out the University of Leeds, UK. I know it's out of your preferred locations, but they do have a solid, industry recognized MSc program in Exploration Geophysics with regular visits from top companies like Shell, Total, Schlumberger and the likes.

TU Delft is also very good for Europe. For the US, good choices are also Texas A & M and Colorado School of Mines.
Yeah, Leeds is good but I don't particularly find the UK attractive. It's never been in my plans. What do you think about the University of Oslo?

(1) (Reply)

What Are our Visa Option. / Large Spinning UFO-like Ice Disk Appears In U. S. Town's River(Photos) / I Love Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.