Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,654 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Can Programimg Be Done On Android? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Programimg Be Done On Android? (4314 Views)

How To Run Python Codes On Android Devices. / Help On Android Studio For 1gb Ram Pc Installation Dhtml And Other Should Enter / Programming On Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by IkennaBasilJR(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Please someone help me. I want to know if I can program android apps without the use of pc, if possible how? Steps?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2015
Dear u need pc for ur programming. i'll recommend android Studio for you. go download it, is free on ur PC
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
To develop full fledged apps, you certainly need pc. But if you are just learning hoe to program, Android can be helpful. Although it depends on the language you are learning.

1 Like

Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by megasamuel(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2015
Serious programming no... After some trial. but if you are a beginner there a various apps for testing simple code script and small work. For python u can use QPython, I actually used this to create a page in a ping pong game I copied the source code online.
Don't give up...
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by IkennaBasilJR(m): 7:34am On Jun 23, 2015
megasamuel:
Serious programming no... After some trial. but if you are a beginner there a various apps for testing simple code script and small work. For python u can use QPython, I actually used this to create a page in a ping pong game I copied the source code online.
Don't give up...
Thanks bro, I won't give up
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by IkennaBasilJR(m): 7:39am On Jun 23, 2015
Am a beginner and am eager to learn with my Android before I can get a PC. Please what language should I start with, I need someone to guild me through please
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 23, 2015
^^^JAVA
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 10:16am On Jun 23, 2015
dhtml18:
^^^JAVA
What app can you use to program and run java codes on Android.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2015
I will personally recommend python(3) (i.e. qpython(3)) for some reasons:
1. Simple to learn
2. Easy to use
3. Cross Platform (runs everywhere)
4. Standard library
5. Fully documented

Note: Am using qpython3 on Android and I was suprised to see that the same code runs perfectly on my PC when I finally got one.
So far no regrets.

Kivy is also an alternative. I've not used it though.
Google is you friend.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by umaryusuf(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2015
IkennaBasilJR:
Am a beginner and am eager to learn with my Android before I can get a PC. Please what language should I start with, I need someone to guild me through please

Just as someone said above, you can run/learn basic coding on Android but for serious larger coding use PC.
You can start with Python Programming language on your Android device. Configuration is as simple as just downloading and installing QPython app (for Python 2 or 3) from Google store.

Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2015
Greatfes17:

What app can you use to program and run java codes on Android.
I dont know, i prefer coding on pc.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 12:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
dhtml18:

I dont know, i prefer coding on pc.
Ok.
The OP was looking for how to code with Android device cause he dont have PC yet.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nigara: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2015
IkennaBasilJR:

Wow,maybe i got a mate,drop you contact so we can get intouch and learn together..I ventured into programming last week and believe me it's not that tough as hyped,except for c++ with it's over-annoying syntax..I already have basic knowledge of c++,php,python,java,javascript,html5,css and bootstrap.I tried them out cos i'm looking for one that will fit my project.
@bolded,,if for learning,you're more than equipped.I started mine with nokia x2-01 and finished coding my homepage with html and bootstrap last night.

@bolded,,the language you choose depends on your target market..But start with python,it's not too tough..And my advice is always do the practicals,try coding the examples.It will help you understand the syntax..Look up java2s.com,they covered example in all the major languages,you'll be impressed if you're the type that prefer practicals to theory.

so what's your target market?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Meklex(m): 7:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nigara:

Wow,maybe i got a mate,drop you contact so we can get intouch and learn together..I ventured into programming last week and believe me it's not that tough as hyped,except for c++ with it's over-annoying syntax..I already have basic knowledge of c++,php,python,java,javascript,html5,css and bootstrap.I tried them out cos i'm looking for one that will fit my project.
@bolded,,if for learning,you're more than equipped.I started mine with nokia x2-01 and finished coding my homepage with html and bootstrap last night.

@bolded,,the language you choose depends on your target market..But start with python,it's not too tough..And my advice is always do the practicals,try coding the examples.It will help you understand the syntax..Look up java2s.com,they covered example in all the major languages,you'll be impressed if you're the type that prefer practicals to theory.

so what's your target market?
I understand c++ more than java, I use c4droid and cppdroid complier it has been an enjoyable ride, I find java too hard but I will still revisit it, my qpython app is not responsive, if not I would have been a guru in python, let's share ideas, I would like to delve more into programming any suggestions will be welcomed.
Ps:I use android.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 9:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
Meklex:

I understand c++ more than java, I use c4droid and cppdroid complier it has been an enjoyable ride, I find java too hard but I will still revisit it, my qpython app is not responsive, if not I would have been a guru in python, let's share ideas, I would like to delve more into programming any suggestions will be welcomed.
How do you mean by qpython not being responsive
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nigara: 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
Meklex:

if you understand c++ java shouldn't be a problem..Those c++ syntax piss me a lot..just a single typo nd the whole code ain't working...how far have you gone in c++?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Meklex(m): 11:57am On Jun 24, 2015
Greatfes17:
How do you mean by qpython not being responsive
that was when I was using my smaller android phone, it works just fine with this one, do you know any simple pdf or video that explains python programming in details?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Meklex(m): 12:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
Nigara:

if you understand c++ java shouldn't be a problem..Those c++ syntax piss me a lot..just a single typo nd the whole code ain't working...how far have you gone in c++?
I don't know but it might be because of the wacky Java editor and compiler(AIDE) I use I can't seem to do anything with it, do you have any suggestions for a java ide for Android?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nigara: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2015
Meklex:
I don't know but it might be because of the wacky Java editor and compiler(AIDE) I use I can't seem to do anything with it, do you have any suggestions for a java ide for Android?

i don't..maybe you should ask the gurus in the block..Javanian might be of help..

Do you know the concepts of creating an app?
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
^^^Is someone looking for an IDE on android device to develop android apps? if that is correct please check out https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aide.ui&hl=en
But if it is on pc, please use Android studio or Eclipse.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by beatsbyj2g(m): 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
It is very possible bro......

Java/Android Programming:

Develop Android apps on Android
AIDE

AIDE is a monster of an app. It allows you to program Android applications directly on your Android device. That way, you basically cut out the middleman of having to use a computer at all. AIDE is fully compatible with Eclipse projects, so it’s easy to transfer your projects from your computer to your phone.
Additionally, AIDE comes with a lot of features. One of the more important features is Dropbox compatibility. Rather than using up phone storage, you can store all of your projects on Dropbox and easy sync back your changes.
Overall, AIDE is a beautiful IDE and is a really cool way to create Android Apps directly on your device. Plus, it’s FREE!
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2015
Meklex:
that was when I was using my smaller android phone, it works just fine with this one, do you know any simple pdf or video that explains python programming in details?
I dont know the qpython series you are using(3.X or 2.X). However, if you use 3.X, google "Haltermanpythonbook.pdf." I have forgotten the address but it is about 3 mb in size. I will personally recommend it. The tutorial found at the official python website is worth embracing.

Specifying the version can help in recommending better books.

I dont learn with videos dear.

Am still learning though.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Meklex(m): 8:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Greatfes17:
I dont know the qpython series you are using(3.X or 2.X). However, if you use 3.X, google "Haltermanpythonbook.pdf." I have forgotten the address but it is about 3 mb in size. I will personally recommend it. The tutorial found at the official python website is worth embracing.

Specifying the version can help in recommending better books.

I dont learn with videos dear.

Am still learning though.
I use qpython 3,I think it's the latest.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 8:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Meklex:
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Greatfes17: 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Meklex:
Yes qpython 3 is the latest.

google "dive into python 3.pdf" its worth reading.

No more 8 and 4 kb on MTN Zone
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by loomer: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Dindondin(m): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
yes
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by ijbeauty(f): 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2015
Not a programmer....

Pls vote for Agarawu23 Mr NL
OP
https://www.nairaland.com/2408599/mr-nairaland-contest-2015-final#35195556
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by adepiero: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2015
Raw coding can be done on android or any phone that can read and write .txt file. All you need to know is the basics of the programing language e.g you can code HTML, CSS effortlessly on android text document and rename it so it displays your codes but then it gets less convenient so the best thing to do is transfer on a PC.
Re: Can Programimg Be Done On Android? by Emeskhalifa(m): 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Will Officially Quit Visiting This Section / 500GB Worth Of Programming Books Avaliable. / My Squid Server Is Problem Please Give Me New Configuration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.