Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Are Miracles Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Miracles Real? (3934 Views)

Mountain Of Fire And Miracles (MFM) Is 25! / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 3:24pm On Feb 26, 2009
Sometimes ago,i was at ketu in Lagos state,and there was a Rivival that was organised by a popular church and a popular pastor at Ikosi-ketu in lagos state.when this rivival was going on,it was time to pray for those that needs healing,after thge prayers some people claimed to be healed,but i have doubt in my mind.The following day at the program,there were some blind people that came for healings,i went and sat in their mix cos i want to realy see for myself if indeed miracles still exist.During the program it was time for healing,and people were prayed for and later some of them claimed to have been healed but not a single person amongst these blind people was healed,i began to wondering if this so called pastors are playing on our intelligents by acting a script. So ARE MIRACLES REAL?And also share your experience.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by toneyb: 3:38pm On Feb 26, 2009
If miracles are real you won't be here asking if they are real or not. Is the sun real?
Re: Are Miracles Real? by ezemon: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2009
My Broda, Miracles dey real Oooo, Becus Jesus christ say in the book of luke,he said, I have given unto you power to perform signs and wonders, so its only the true men of God that perform the original miracle,
Ezemon

Re: Are Miracles Real? by mantraa: 4:10pm On Feb 26, 2009
I remember about 5 years ago i went to a revival meeting and a man who lost his arm from the shoulder in an industrial accident 2 years previous went up on stage to be healed. As everyone prayed and the pastor laid his hands on him his arm grew back there and then. It was amazing to see and i caught it on video.

2 days later, he was playing basketball.
I will post it on youtube and provide a link later.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by toneyb: 4:21pm On Feb 26, 2009
ezemon:

My Broda, Miracles dey real Oooo, Becus Jesus christ say in the book of luke,he said, I have given unto you power to perform signs and wonders, so its only the true men of God that perform the original miracle,
Ezemon

This statement is a lie, jesus did not give conditions, he said all those who believe, he didn't single out pastors alone. the message was for everybody.

This is what is written in the bible.

Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him" Pls pray or tell your pastor to ask god to immediately cure all the christians(perform miracle) that have blood cancer today and tell me the result tommorow.

Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer

The message is reiterated
Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours

If "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer"  then pls pray to god or tell your pastor to ask him to heal all the christians that are amputees in the world. remember that the directive was not conditional, jesus said if you believe you will recieve anything you ask for in prayers, tell your pastor to tell god to heal all the christians babies that are living with Aids who got it through no fault of their own from their parents to be cured, and let me know the results tommorow.

In James 5:15-16 the Bible says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Tell you pastor to pray and and tell god to immediately heal all the christian babies that are presently living with aids in africa and let us know how it went.

In Mark 9:23:
All things are possible to him who believes.    

There are a lot of christian amputees around tell your pastor to pray to god and ask him to immediately heal them. let us know the results tommorow.

In Luke 1:37:
For with God nothing will be impossible.

Again i want you to tell your pastor to pray and tell god to immediately heal all the christian amputees living in nigeria. let us know how it went. Remeber that there is no condition attached to it all you have to do is believe.

If miracles are real we wont be here having this conversation.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by toneyb: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2009
mantraa:

I remember about 5 years ago i went to a revival meeting and a man who lost his arm from the shoulder in an industrial accident 2 years previous went up on stage to be healed. As everyone prayed and the pastor laid his hands on him his arm grew back there and then. It was amazing to see and i caught it on video.

grin grin grin grin nice one.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2009
mantraa,you expect me to believe that?that a armless man grew a new arm,HABA dis one na wa ooooooo
Re: Are Miracles Real? by manmustwac(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2009
segyemaro:

mantraa,you expect me to believe that?that a armless man grew a new arm,HABA dis one na wa ooooooo
Of course it true. It even made the world Headlines it was on CNN BBC World Service Sky News Fox News and NTA News don't tell me that u didn't hear about it grin grin
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2009
Miracles like these only happened during the time of Jesus Christ,its very impossible for it to happen now cos what we have now are business men not pastors.if they could heal,why do we still have alot of disables in tghis country?
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2009
man mustwack,i never heard of that at all,are you sure they were not acting a script?
Re: Are Miracles Real? by MrCrackles(m): 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2009
mantraa:

Ewooooooooo! shocked

Juju!!!
grin
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2009
ok
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:27pm On Feb 26, 2009
ok
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2009
some years ago,i think about 15years ago,i watched an American film title LEAP ON FAITH,it was about some rascals using the name of God and miracles to decieve people.They will organise a Rivival with a lot of crowd,they have two long trailers parked by the side of the crowd,inside the trailers there are computers and electronics gadgets that will listen to peoples conversation in the crowd.If for example two people are discussing about their inability to get pregnant,the computer will pick it and tell the pastor that is preaching through a ear piece that is already in his ear,they will tell him the exact spot were the person is and the colour of dress she is wearing,the pastor will just walk to you and tell you that you ve not concieved for a long time that you will get your miracle today,you that you are happy that he called your case would believe its from God,while its not.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by mantraa: 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2009
I couldnt find that particular video. Unfortunately, I must have lost it.

However, miracles ARE real. Here is a video of an american performing a miracle on a woman that has to be seen to be believed!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51818122

There is no other explanation for what happens at the end, but if anyone can explain it rationally i will be willing to change my mind. shocked
Re: Are Miracles Real? by mantraa: 11:35am On Feb 27, 2009
If that link doesnt work, try this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mz_kItFLsE. smiley
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 1:52pm On Feb 27, 2009
mantraa,pls be straight forward.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 3:43pm On Feb 27, 2009
correct
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 4:45pm On Feb 27, 2009
it seems i have watched that fim too LEAP ON FAITH,its an American film,about some tricsters using false miracle healing to gain popularity and enjoying.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by manmustwac(m): 5:10pm On Feb 27, 2009
eghosaobas:

man mustwack,i never heard of that at all,are you sure they were not acting a script?
The point is if miracles were real they would make Headline News like the two planes that crashed into the twin towers or the plane that landed on the Hudon river or the tsuami. DUUHHHH!!!
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 5:13pm On Feb 27, 2009
they could equaly publisize it if they are acting a script
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2009
its very possible
Re: Are Miracles Real? by eghosaobas: 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2009
yea it is.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by benedictac(f): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2009
there are still miracles, trure ones from Christ Himself that is why he said: Joh 4:48 Jesus therefore said unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will in no wise believe.
but there are also fake one coz Jesus also said: Mt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 7:35pm On Mar 02, 2009
we are not doubting the miracles of Jesus but of our so called pastors
Re: Are Miracles Real? by marvisjoy: 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2009
Real miracles only happened during Jesus time,what we have now are pastors using Talisma to heal people,after some days the sickness will return back to the person. If realy they can perform miracles has they claimed,pls they should go to the north and heal the blind,the cripple,infact the disable and go to the school of the deaf and dumb and heal them. Abi them nor get faith reach?
Re: Are Miracles Real? by saviola77(m): 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
John 14:12:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. (ESV)

Yes miracles are for real; and anybody can perform them as long as his belief is anchored in Christ.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by toneyb: 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2009
saviola77:

John 14:12:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. (ESV)

Yes miracles are for real; and anybody can perform them as long as his belief is anchored in Christ.

The bible says that jesus did many wonderful works of miracles, please i want you to pray to jesus( i believe that your belief in jesus is firmly rooted and anchored in the bible) and tell him to immediately heal all the christian babies that are living/suffering with AIDS in nigeria through no fault of their won and tell us the results tommorow. you can also tell jesus to immediately heal and restore the amputated limbs of all the christian amputees that are calling on him day and night for help. Remember it is written in the bible that any body that believes will be able to do wondeful works of miracles that is the only requirement. since you believe tell jesus to do that and put all the atheist that mock and ridicule what is written in the bible to shame once and for all. tell jesus to live up to his words that were written in the bible.
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2009
dat na correct
Re: Are Miracles Real? by marvisjoy: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2009
no they are not real,they are staged managed
Re: Are Miracles Real? by arowolo888: 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2009
if that is a question,no its not real,may be it was real before but now,its all staged managed
Re: Are Miracles Real? by segyemaro(m): 9:16pm On Mar 14, 2009
the more you see,the less you understand

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Religion Of Islam / Black Jews: Reality Or Myth? / Haters Kumuyi Live On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.