Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Is Nigeria really going to get better? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Nigeria really going to get better? (1399 Views)

Nigeria Really Needs A Change / Is Nigeria Really The Giant Of Africa? / Are All Nonprofit Organizations In Nigeria Really Just Gangs Of Thieves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria really going to get better? by fregene: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2005
Hi everyone in this land filled with naira. Just got refered to this forum by fabian and i just wanted to know if i have some really sharp people here.

Think deeply about the subject and send you response based on the situation presently in nigeria.

Chao!!!!!
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by hotangel2(f): 5:17am On Oct 20, 2005
In the next 5 years? ---> NO!.

In the next 15-20 years ---> Maybe. smiley
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by damygurl(f): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2005
it will get better but will d corruption ever stop. no! it's gon be there. cuz there is alwayz gon be bad people in d world!
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by sade(f): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2005
I dont think so.Even if it eventually get better it may not be our generation.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by fabian(f): 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2005
Hi Fregene, Welcome!
Nigeria is going to get better, but the question is when?
I don't really know.
Nigeria will get better when Corruption is reduced
Unemployment level is reduced
Infrastructure is put in place to serve the masses better!
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by SEWENSKY(m): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2006
Nigeria will never get better for the masses with the way things are going now.It can only be better for some people particularly or specifically.It can only be better for you if your father or fore-father worked for it before you were born.I hope you know what i mean!Like in the case of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo,he worked and suffered for nigerians in general but today his family enjoys it alone (Why is Olusegun Awolowo the special assistant to president Olusegun obasanjo). Why is Fani kayode a minister?Because his father worked for it. I'm sure you know many more examples like that. So my folks on nairaland if you want Nigeria to be better,this in house thing has to stop.The people that are fit,qualified and god fearing should be allowed to rule this country. Or if you want it to better for your next generation,then you got to start working for it now.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by SEWENSKY(m): 10:37am On Aug 31, 2006
Nigeria will never get better for the masses with the way things are going now.It can only be better for some people particularly or specifically.It can only be better for you if your father or fore-father worked for it before you were born.I hope you know what i mean!Like in the case of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo,he worked and suffered for nigerians in general but today his family enjoys it alone (Why is Olusegun Awolowo the special assistant to president Olusegun obasanjo). Why is Fani kayode a minister?Because his father worked for it. I'm sure you know many more examples like that. So my folks on nairaland if you want Nigeria to be better,this in house thing has to stop.The people that are fit,qualified and god fearing should be allowed to rule this country. Or if you want it to better for your next generation,then you got to start working for it now.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by tinard(m): 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2006
You guys have some good thoughts but for those who think it will never get better, please be a little more optimistic. I bet you guys hardly visit Nigeria any longer because of this thought across your mind.

To your question Yes it will get better. But first be rid of the generation currently ruling us. By that i mean all these three letter initials and forces, the likes of I.B.B., O.B.J., N.P.F., O.P.C., E.T.C.

We need young entrepreneurs both from home and abroad to come back home and not give money to the people to make themselves look big but teach, invest, and help the people in our families and even those who aren't. We also need to know the real size of the country. I mean we know it is a big country but how many are there, how many are Nigerians, how many are in each family. When we know this, we'll know where each lives, we'll know if any problem occurs and then it can be dealt with appropriately. And with the likes of the above named personalities and groups including N.E.P.A. gone, we'll move forward.

I mean just look to Ghana and look how well it is doing, look into little towns in Nigeria and you'll see the difference each successful person in their town has done. Use your money to help the country NOT give your money to people in the country.

And lastly, we all need to look down and stop blaming other people for what is wrong in our lives. We are the cause of our problems.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by classiqkid(f): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2006
Yeah Nigeria is ok.Not to bad.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by chidichris(m): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2006
if the answer is needed in a one word, it is surely YES but what we have to think about is when?
imagine a by mistake president of Nigeria concentrating his time on basic infrastructures in the likes of power(electricity) good water, good roads and the almighty security.
with these four things into place, we will see a pile of investors on their kneels begging for lincense because the market is their for them to make money.
so my people let us pray for God's intervention which will see just a good person on the seat with the eyes of the bad eggs closed on him and we will be in our promise land.
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by tdough: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
Yes 0! Haba na? Naija wil definitely get better Afta i must av gotten my own shaRe of d National cAKe. Datz it 4 nw
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by MaiSuya(m): 7:00pm On Nov 21, 2010
Wish the poster could see things for him/herself, five years later. . .
Re: Is Nigeria really going to get better? by holydante(m): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
Welcome fregene,looking at what is on ground,I must confess it looks bleak opitimism or not. The main vehicle of change which is supposed to be the politicla parties and their ideologies,is just an assemblage of murderers,pillagers and ethnic champions,the basic infrastructures are in a state of collapse,I run gen all through,I provide water for myself,I pay opc for security and curse anytime am driving on the road.imagine the right of 1st refusal that the silly lawmakers want to give themselves by ensuring they are part of the decision making organ of their parties.the logic on ground defies any optimism about the wellbeing of the rudderless state.am scandalised bruv,but will keep on believing

(1) (Reply)

Consortium Plan $7.5bn High Speed Rail From Lagos To N'delta / Spikedcylinder: Coward, You Can't Have The Last Word All The Time / Anambra Central Senatorial Election: The Dora Akunyili Fairy Tales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.