Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

I Got Defrauded By My Bank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Got Defrauded By My Bank (36042 Views)

How I Was Defrauded By Abiodun, Badmus And A Chinese Merchant (paypal Funds) / I Received N740 Thousand Naira In My Bank Account Instead Of N370 Thousand Naira / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by collinsJn(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2015
Let Me Share My experience,tho a little Bit Different 4rm Urs.
On Monday Last week,I was actually Having N156.00 On My MTN Sim Card. I Woke Up With An Unsolicited Text message,Which MTN Told Me That N100.00 has Bin deducted 4rm my money 4rm Quaran Updates. ( like Seriously Am a christian) I called their customer Service and Complained. The lady told Me that she Is Sorry,That It CAN'T Be Reversed. I was Like WTF,U Illegally Deducted My Money and Not ONLY Dat,forced Me To accept d Faith (muslim) That Am Not.
I Told Her that If by The Time I Drop The Call and My N100:00 Is Yet To Be Reversed,that I Will Vandalised The MTN Mast Behind my House,in as much I was Joking,But I Meant every Word I said.
Lo And Behold,immediately We ended the Call,My money was Reversed. Awon Oloshi.

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by walearoy(m): 9:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
ITbomb:
Do the maths

Access Bank and UBA? Beware

They deducts from rich customers with millions who do not notice the difference but when they want to try it on our thousands, we know.

UBA?
Lies of a decade!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by ghetto101(m): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
that's what they do, ZENITH BANK robbed me of 100,000 naira.It's was in 2007 i was in nigeria few days be4 return to where i stay i change the last money with me to naira right inside the bank and opened a fix deposite acc and it was 500,000 naira. I returned to Nigeria 2014 and went to check the acc i was having 400 plus,i could not understand, i was like it should be morethan 500,000 and not less.so i spoke with them and they said maybe u withdraw and u don't remember i told them have been away and they said maybe family did it and i told them no one in my family even know about that acc so later they said i should give them days after 2 days they told me it's clair I'm not the one who took the money and that they will investigate and give me back my money.told them i will be leaving naija in few days they said no problem your money will be paid into ur acc and they gave me one guy called EMEKA that i should call him any time for follow up and the guy was acting real not knowing they were just waiting for me to leave Nigeria.i left and called the guy said no problem u will get ur money back soon.till this moment no money and they don't even respond to my calls .sad about banks in Nigeria.it's ZENITH BANK Okota round about.

klevjey:
I bank with Access Bank. I was having N153, 265.00. I withdrew N5,000.00 last week Monday. On Friday last week, I went to the branch at Iyana Ipaja to pay back the N5,000, only for me to receive an alert that my balance is N151,265.00.

I went to the bank and requested for my statement of account which was printed out. On the statement, I found out that N2,000 was withdrawn on the Tuesday of that week. I quickly told them I wasn't the one and they told me it must have been done by someone whom I usually send to withdraw in my stead. They ruled out fraud claiming that if it were to be fraud, the person would have wipped my account clean. Funny enough, my ATM card was with me throughout, and I didn't even receive any SMS alerting me of the debit that day. We have been arguing since in the bank. I know this is an internal job from the bank. Please guys, how do I go about this? I want them to know they don't just go around messing with people's money simply because they are 'common man'.

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Yinkay: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
Devirus2:
Sorry for your loss. Now here is what to do. Write to:
The Director,
Consumer protection department,
Central bank of nigeria,
Central business district,
Abuja.

Thank me later, ciao!

Email address....

Complaints Against Financial Institutions
cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
walearoy:

UBA?
Lies of a decade!

I can write a booklet on uba my brother. My savings account decreased from 2000 naira to 1800 it continue till I deactivated the account and abandoned it.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
FullDepth1:
N2000 is small o, but NO GREE FOR THEM !!!!

Take your clothes off, and Stand there

They will Return it,,

This advice strong eh ....
cheesy
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by pretty050(f): 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
All this access bank staffs coming here to defend d bank should park well. It's fraud!!!!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by benedictnsi(m): 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
LAfricana:
Dose OND guys attending to you dont know anything undecided, insist on seeing the branch manager

and if he's dumb too, send a mail to their customer services, no joke in the mail o, curse them like Oyedepo lipsrsealed

threaten the recipient with ogun, tell dem d 2k is your sweat, and you av enough data to run their image down angry

show a link of this post on nairaland, and with intentions of twitting their azz of their despicable reputation angry

Your account would be credited in no time cool

And if u fit go commando.. enta the banking hall, shout, curse curse cure, disrupt activities there, no collect begging tell whoever cares to listen
b4 you know it agrieved customers would join you, walahi dem go dash you your money back undecided... disclaimer * if you no grab reach, dont try this o*
Tenk wink

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

Bros you got me laughing out Loud gringringringrin

you suggestion swagg tyt eeeh....... Buh he needs to finish like see buckets of garri grin for d strength to dey full

1 Like

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
pretty050:
All this access bank staffs coming here to defend d bank should park well. It's fraud!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There one particular one sef that has been typing poo since morning, na me send am to go work as marketer for bank? em come dey poor em frustration for NL.... grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by benedictnsi(m): 10:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
collinsJn:
Let Me Share My experience,tho a little Bit Different 4rm Urs.
On Monday Last week,I was actually Having N156.00 On My MTN Sim Card. I Woke Up With An Unsolicited Text message,Which MTN Told Me That N100.00 has Bin deducted 4rm my money 4rm Quaran Updates. ( like Seriously Am a christian) I called their customer Service and Complained. The lady told Me that she Is Sorry,That It CAN'T Be Reversed. I was Like WTF,U Illegally Deducted My Money and Not ONLY Dat,forced Me To accept d Faith (muslim) That Am Not.
I Told Her that If by The Time I Drop The Call and My N100:00 Is Yet To Be Reversed,that I Will Vandalised The MTN Mast Behind my House,in as much I was Joking,But I Meant every Word I said.
Lo And Behold,immediately We ended the Call,My money was Reversed. Awon Oloshi.

Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha Hahaha bros eeeh, una no go kill me here ooo grin which hand you been wan use fall d mast Mtn for open office for you and your family head grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Pauloot(m): 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
LAfricana:
Dose OND guys attending to you dont know anything undecided, insist on seeing the branch manager

and if he's dumb too, send a mail to their customer services, no joke in the mail o, curse them like Oyedepo lipsrsealed

threaten the recipient with ogun, tell dem d 2k is your sweat, and you av enough data to run their image down angry

show a link of this post on nairaland, and with intentions of twitting their azz of their despicable reputation angry

Your account would be credited in no time cool

And if u fit go commando.. enta the banking hall, shout, curse curse cure, disrupt activities there, no collect begging tell whoever cares to listen
b4 you know it agrieved customers would join you, walahi dem go dash you your money back undecided... disclaimer * if you no grab reach, dont try this o*
Tenk wink

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa
hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha........u be fool oo dis guy lwkmd
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by lakesidepapa(m): 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Drenix:
....................... Which side of ijesha

Ilesha is my home town
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by abisolaarshow(f): 10:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
na so ecobank comot my 1k in March for Atm wey go expire for May. I no vex. as May reach na make i go collect my new card na hin dem check my statement say dem no comot any money. say whattt!!! . Thank God i activated my email alert sharp sharp na him i print the alert for them. Fraudsteres everywhere smh.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Pauloot(m): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Ilesha is my home town
ujesha ni mere o
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Pauloot(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
lakesidepapa:

Ilesha is my home town
ujesha ni mere o
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by OkunrinMeta: 10:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Some people on this thread could make a million if only they were brave enough to SUE THE BANK
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by smudge2079(m): 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2015
A fish has brain. Do u?
blessingee:

At least ur fish brain can decode that...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by walearoy(m): 10:17pm On Jun 23, 2015
iliyande:

I can write a booklet on uba my brother. My savings account decreased from 2000 naira to 1800 it continue till I deactivated the account and abandoned it.

Boss,
Sms alert can make your balance reduce as such, my FBN is presently in a negative balance of about 20naira after leaving over 1k there.

But i still put it to you that UBA will not do what you are complaining about!
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
smudge2079:
A fish has brain. Do u?

This Hediot neva go sleep grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
walearoy:

Boss,
Sms alert can make your balance reduce as such, my FBN is presently in a negative balance of about 20naira after leaving over 1k there.

That was my experience with UBA, I am now enjoying my new bank for now. My savings account with the new bank instead of decrease like uba, I being given interest every month end.
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
walearoy:

Boss,

Ure a UBA staff ba?
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by iliyande(m): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
blessingee:

Ure a UBA staff ba?
I wonder oooo
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by Bcole: 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Come to Wema bank...call me if you need proper account management. .
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by nwadiuko1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
Guy don't give them a breathing space at all.......na so former afri bank wey dy beside ladipo. Along toyota bus stop wan create mistrust between me and my mum

Mum received a debit alert of 145K from them and she never made any withdrawal.....on reaching the bank they told her that she used her Atm to make the withdrawal......she insisted she never made any withdrawal.....they said the so called withdrawal was made in the same bank in festac......
Note I was in possesion of that atm in my freaking wallet and I wasn't even in lagos state at the time.....I was in Anambra state writing exams!
They so confused my mum that she probably began to doubt me and I had to travel back to lag to rectify the issue....
On reaching the bank I asked for the manager I introduced my self as an accounting student then grin and requested for the details of the so called atm transaction and if possible a video footage or picture from the Atm......I threatened fire and brimstone that day.....they said we should come back in 4 working days time......a day before we went back mum received a credit alert of the same amount......and on reaching the bank the next day the manager acting all friendly said its an IT issue and that it has been sorted out.....mehnnn I felt like slapping the guy that day.....just helped my mum to open another account with first bank after closing that one that day.....those guys are crooks
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by mavinc4u(f): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2015
It is a pity that most of us don't know our left and right in this country.

Op, your issue with that bank is a minor issue. Ignore all those people telling you to go and shout at them at the bank, it does not always work that way as it might be a case of a complainant becoming a suspect.

Take my advice below and so are anybody having any issue with any bank. CBN is a professional body that regulates what goes around in Nigeria banks and should be the body to report any bank to when the needs arrive.

Send a professional mail to Access bank customer care narrating your complaint to them and tell them you would appreciate a swift response, remember what you are looking for is an authentic evidence against them and not verbal evidence so you must act professional. Keep whatever response they give as evidence 1. if they claimed the money was deducted from an ATM, ask them for the footprint video of the withdrawal and if they can't provide it then is your second evidence. If you didn't get a response after mailing them then give them a call but your phone conversation with them would be recorded, always make sure you pronounce their name Access bank as the conversation is going on. If the issue is not resolved after complaining then send a mail to CBN at cpd@cbn.gov.ng and copy Access bank in the mail attaching your evidence in the mail and your issue would be resolved.

2 Likes

Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by hotgunz(m): 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
remmyjunior:

And what was ur reaction? i want to knw bc it happpn to me and they got d wrath from me.
i didn't do anytin because 1 s nt d same back and 2 dere s distance btw the two bank, people will say I switch it on my route down. I told it wit good faith
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by walearoy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
blessingee:

Ure a UBA staff ba?

Was
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
nwadiuko1:
Guy don't give them a breathing space at all.......na so former afri bank wey dy beside ladipo. Along toyota bus stop wan create mistrust between me and my mum

Mum received a debit alert of 145K from them and she never made any withdrawal.....on reaching the bank they told her that she used her Atm to make the withdrawal......she insisted she never made any withdrawal.....they said the so called withdrawal was made in the same bank in festac......
Note I was in possesion of that atm in my freaking wallet and I wasn't even in lagos state at the time.....I was in Anambra state writing exams!
They so confused my mum that she probably began to doubt me and I had to travel back to lag to rectify the issue....
On reaching the bank I asked for the manager I introduced my self as an accounting student then grin and requested for the details of the so called atm transaction and if possible a video footage or picture from the Atm......I threatened fire and brimstone that day.....they said we should come back in 4 working days time......a day before we went back mum received a credit alert of the same amount......and on reaching the bank the next day the manager acting all friendly said its an IT issue and that it has been sorted out.....mehnnn I felt like slapping the guy that day.....just helped my mum to open another account with first bank after closing that one that day.....those guys are crooks

It must be Access Bank or UBA...
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
walearoy:

Was

And you are defending them like this? You are very loyal o
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by nwadiuko1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
blessingee:

It must be Access Bank or UBA...
Its afri bank.....don't knw what they are answering now
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2015
mavinc4u:
It is a pity that most of us don't know our left and right in this country.

Op, your issue with that bank is a minor issue. Ignore all those people telling you to go and shout at them at the bank, it does not always work that way as it might be a case of a complainant becoming a suspect.

Take my advice below and so are anybody having any issue with any bank. CBN is a professional body that regulates what goes around in Nigeria banks and should be the body to report any bank to when the needs arrive.

Send a professional mail to Access bank customer care narrating your complaint to them and tell them you would appreciate a swift response, remember what you are looking for is an authentic evidence against them and not verbal evidence so you must act professional. Keep whatever response they give as evidence 1. if they claimed the money was deducted from an ATM, ask them for the footprint video of the withdrawal and if they can't provide it then is your second evidence. If you didn't get a response after mailing them then give them a call but your phone conversation with them would be recorded, always make sure you pronounce their name Access bank as the conversation is going on. If the issue is not resolved after complaining then send a mail to CBN at cpd@cbn.gov.ng and copy Access bank in the mail attaching your evidence in the mail and your issue would be resolved.

All of this just to retrieve 2k AMADIOHA is a better alternative i swear, one time my money don show grin grin grin grin
Re: I Got Defrauded By My Bank by blessingee: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2015
nwadiuko1:
Its afri bank.....don't knw what they are answering now

Oh, that Afribank was a case study, i remember when my salary was in that bank, it was hell...thank God for Sanusi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#BankWars. Sterling Bank Apologises For Shading Other Banks. / Igho Sanomi Named In Alison-Madueke & Kola Aluko's $1.7bn Fraud / China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.