Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine (850 Views)

Have You Ever Been Short Payed By An ATM Machine? / Rules Of Using The Atm Machine And Atm Card. / Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine by OzMingle(m): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
On Feb 24, 2015, I used my Firstbank Mastercard for multiple withdrawal transactions on an Ecobank ATM machine located at Aero office in Port Harcourt. Mid the transactions, a requested sum of twenty thousand naira failed to dispense and my account was debited. I have long contacted my bank via several allowable means and I get response that Ecobank insists that the cash dispensed.

Ecobank sent an un-verified transcript to FBN stating that all six transactions I did dispensed and my bank, First Bank has remained clueless and helpless on retrieving my funds from the failed transactions.

I wonder how many people that get same experience and suspect systematic gaps in the ATM program supporting this type of fraud.

Nairalanders, please what do I do?
Re: Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine by barry40: 8:29pm On Jun 23, 2015
I have experienced it before but the system later reversed itself. In another bank where I experienced such, they had to print out their daily journal from the ATM and reconciled it manually. My fund was later refunded also. But the two instances were not inter-bank transactions. I believe this made it easier.
As my own personal policy, I don't use my ATM in another bank's ATM. If you practise this, it will save you a lot of headache.

1 Like

Re: Shocker Using Ecobank ATM Machine by puskin: 2:55am On Jun 24, 2015

(1)

Do You Know About Coconut Slicing Machine? / Have You Started Your Business Yet? If Not, What's Stopping You? / What Is 10 Naira ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.