Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio (28257 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's Handshake With Ude Oko Chukwu In New York (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by sucess001(m): 9:59am On Jun 24, 2015
No biggie...they use that normally when fighting in the house na.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by nerodenero: 9:59am On Jun 24, 2015
He is ordinary but also he is the voice of the voiceless. Henbelembe, a great programme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by HonourablePomk: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
Lol
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by santosesq1(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
That shows how local he could be. Sorry to my Hembelembe. Alwas listen wen am in abuja

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by okenikpoto(m): 10:00am On Jun 24, 2015
MosakuAW:

This is why one needs to be calm whenever you receive a phone call from a known or unknown number.

The Senetor is very wrong to have sounded that way and the presenter should have informed him before placing him on live radio.

My opinion thou.

After all, he is human.

exactly, blame the presenter for the gaffe because they ought to have pre-informed him. There is nothing wrong in what the senator did. What if a particular number has been on him since and maybe he assumed it was still that number. The journalist was virtually wrong professionally and should even apologise to the lawmaker.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by vegetables(m): 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
and this shi t later made the fp.

Last Bullet
i must slap Lalasticlala
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by onadana: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2015
angryAt least he had the courtesy to call back when he knew he gaffed.I don't support indiscipline in any form.He should comport himself in future...but I think also he should have been informed ahead.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by braine(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2015
nah wah
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by niceguy7(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe the Senator representing Abia South Senatorial District in Abia State, was called from Crowther Fm 104.5 in Abuja in a popular Radio Programme called 'HEBELEMBE'.

To the utmost shock of Nigerians, this sitting Senator shouted at the presenter Dr. Ahmed Issa popularly known as the 'Ordinary President' to 'SHUT UP' and stop disturbing his number that he was busy. Unknowing to him, he was on LIVE Radio.

This was in respect of about 400 SEA WHARF Workers whose Rig was closed and sold by the Federal Government about two years ago without adequate compensation.

On realizing his gaffe, he called back trying to do damage control.

Now my point is: Is this kind of behavior and language expected from a distinguished senator of the Federal Republic? His defense was that he did not know he was on LIVE Radio and that he should have been informed before hand.

This programme is still ongoing as I type. What's your view on this?

SOURCE: 104.5 crowther FM Abuja
U shock? Na today u knw say all this politicians na goat?
Na so dem go dey beg before dem enter oo! Mtcheeeeeeew undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by lailo: 10:02am On Jun 24, 2015
Both sides are wrong

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Am coming wif ma NL lovers to vote for u enmass and am using dis medium to also beg dem to tell dem frnds on nairaland
Ma lovers on NL base on ma scale of preference, from d most important to d least

1)Genea(shez ma everytin)
2)Yourmain(she left me for fula boy)
3)Mathematical(she kinda hates me, not her fault though)
4)Raayah cum rayaah(shez in luve wif midolian
5)Sarahbabyxx(depreaye told me to stay away from her)
6)Chowlade(she hates me too)
7)Remember007(she told me she likes money)
coolBeremx(she may not vote and may even tell all her frnds not to vote for u)
9)Dollyak(how can I marry a grl dat hates niger delta #crying)
10)Pentiumpro(ma spirit just don't like her, if she got d chance to poison me, I can bet dat she won't spare me)

#pls ma beautiful ladies, let's come out to vote for dat naughty boi called agarawu23. And come along wif frnds to vote for him
I love all of una
How I wish dere is a religion dat can make me marry 10 wivesm #crying in west germany
I'm not voting for that boy

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by uzo200(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Na wa oooo, meanwhile check out this blog, the owner is a friend, but the guy no try at all. http://WWW.touchpapyrus.com
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by MSItachi: 10:04am On Jun 24, 2015
Olololo

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by manutdrichie(m): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2015
VOTE SCENTMARLC AS MR. NAIRALAND
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2015
dorofresh:
Calling on Abuja members of this forum who tuned in to HEBELEMBE this morning to confirm this so the mods can do the needful. Thanks!!!

I listened to it, he said he was expecting a call from Channels and when Ahmed wanted to talk, he shouted 'shut up' angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by chamboy(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Gejpresident:
APC senators are tout
Apc senator frm Abia.

Get sense na

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by dunkem21(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Btruth:
........and that gives him the reason to abused on the phone? hummmm!

Is shut up an abuse

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by LegitDiva: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2015
how is this news? and why is it on the front page?

mtchewww!!!!
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by dokyOloye: 10:07am On Jun 24, 2015
Btruth:
........and that gives him the reason to abused on the phone? hummmm!
he is a human being.
Me and U do worse on daily basis.
How do U treat these scammers who call ppl on d phone everyday telling U there is one contract,NNPC job etc?
Do U pet them?
He might have thought the caller is one of them.
The caller should have introduced himself and informed d senator that he is on live radio in his first sentence.
Anything short of that is in bad faith.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Badex10(m): 10:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm not voting for that boy
Pls now Pls now Pls now Becos of ur fellow opposition bro Thanks in advance ecoterrorist
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by daveP(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2015
INTROVERT:
I trust Ahmed Isah go don finish the guy life on the station.
Im forced to recognize! smiley

how do you do it? The semi-omnipresence on here? An interview wont be bad
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ralph28(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2015
But wait o!

Ordinary president should have informed him before hand,this is just to prepare him.

Abi una wan fall his hand?
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by boxypane(m): 10:10am On Jun 24, 2015
Things that happen in the part of world.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Waspy(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
Nigerians elect touts and expect them to behave like saints undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Yeahreen(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
I listened to d program live while I was driving this morning. He was Called, nd the senator said he was busy. He was expecting a call from "channels TV" cos he was to speak live on air. In fact when he picked the call, the first thing the senator said was "Is This Channels TV". When D Presenter Introduced himself as "Ordinary President" or something...
The Senator told him not to call his line again. As the presenter kept trying to explain, The senator said "Shut Up" that he's busy...
#Lets Not Get It Twisted#..The Senator's position was that he should be called before hand if they want to interview him online or send him an sms because he receives a lot of spam calls daily.

6 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by wazobiaforu(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
He said it, I heard him live and clear

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by KpStone(m): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
dokyOloye:
Why would d presenter call him on d phone and put him on live radio wtout telling him?
Do U know d number of unwanted,disturbing calls these ppl receive on daily basis?
The senator is a human being afterall.
'Ordinary' Nigerians threaten to sue MTN,etc for unwanted calls and text messages talk more of senators who receive hundreds of such everyday.

He chose to be a leader. Now that's the cross he must carry. He is paid by tax payers so he should attend to them to the extent that the law permits.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2015
dokyOloye:
Why would d presenter call him on d phone and put him on live radio wtout telling him?
Do U know d number of unwanted,disturbing calls these ppl receive on daily basis?
The senator is a human being afterall.
'Ordinary' Nigerians threaten to sue MTN,etc for unwanted calls and text messages talk more of senators who receive hundreds of such everyday.
don't mind them. hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by freecocoa(f): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2015
okenikpoto:
exactly, blame the presenter for the gaffe because they ought to have pre-informed him. There is nothing wrong in what the senator did. What if a particular number has been on him since and maybe he assumed it was still that number. The journalist was virtually wrong professionally and should even apologise to the lawmaker.
What are you talking about? There's nothing wrong with being rude and shouting people down? I see why nigeria is not getting better anytime soon.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ApcSucks: 10:12am On Jun 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
No Be PDP Senator? What Do You Expect? Mtcheeeww!

Better than the fighting ones
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 24, 2015
okenikpoto:

The senator actually said he had been receiving prank calls and thought this was one of those calls.
I do not subscribe to his shouting 'shut up' but I think he was under pressure. He was expecting an interview from channels and when he found out it was not them, he lost it. And guess what? When Channels couldn't get across to him, they picked someone else to call. That's after they had previously called him and asked him to be at alert for their call.

Today's episode of 'HeMBELEMBE' was not my favourite. I felt Ahmed Isah could have done better. He didn't shout at the man or say something rude or anything, but his colleagues in the studio did and he didn't openly rebuke them. That, to me, is not right.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Photos From Buhari And Osinbajo's Inauguration / 12 SANs Lead Sanusi's Battle For Freedom, Hearing Begins Today / El-Rufai: Peter Obi Is A Nollywood Actor, He Can't Win Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.