Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio (28241 Views)

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe's Handshake With Ude Oko Chukwu In New York (Pics) / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Gave APC An Unhealable Injury At The Plenary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2015
Btruth:
........and that gives him the reason to abused on the phone? hummmm!

Oga he did not abuse anybody. U might say he insulted and not abuse pls use english correctly. Besides Is the expression "SHUT UP" really an insult? I think it can only be termed an insult from the mindset of the receiver and not a generally accepted stance. If you are disturbing me by talking loudly I could abruptly ask u to shut up does that mean I insulted you? Pls lets look at this objectively and as people in the 21st century. By the way was the presenter even right by calling him without prior notice, the senator may have been stressed at the time d call came in so please lets not judge a book by its cover.

Once again I ask, is the expression "SHUT UP" really an insult?

I will be bigger tha that "you're such a diva crooner" soon. Working on my gospel track.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by pak: 10:14am On Jun 24, 2015
People should be reasonable for once.

Agreed, our legislators are mainly a disappointing bunch but in this case until the full details are disclosed. You can't pin much on the senator.

A political officer receives close to a 100 'rubbish' calls per day. I have never told anybody to shut up on phone but i have rebuffed many.

The senator didn't know he was on live radio and should not have been put live without his approval. That's invasion of privacy in some ways

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by freecocoa(f): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2015
Yeahreen:
I listened to d program live while I was driving this morning. He was Called, nd the senator said he was busy. He was expecting a call from "channels TV" cos he was to speak live on air. In fact when he picked the call, the first thing the senator said was "Is This Channels TV". When D Presenter Introduced himself as "Ordinary President" or something...
The Senator told him not to call his line again. As the presenter kept trying to explain, The senator said "Shut Up" that he's busy...
#Lets Not Get It Twisted#..The Senator's position was that he should be called before hand if they want to interview him online or send him an sms because he receives a lot of spam calls daily.
He could have said whatever he wanted to without being so rude, how can you tell a person trying to explain himself to you to shut up because you are busy? It's not so hard to say "sorry I'm busy now, can't talk to you" just how hard can that be?

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Burger01(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2015
You put him on live station without his consent!? What kind of journalism do we have in this country Bunch of unprofessional journalists angry

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by 9jatatafo(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2015
Bone, Thugs and Harmony
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by agarawu23(m): 10:16am On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I'm not voting for that boy
no permanent enemy in politics wink
we disagree doesn't make us enemy on this forum cool
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by eaglechild: 10:16am On Jun 24, 2015
It is not ethical to put someone on live broadcast for an interview without foreknowledge.

However, the senator should learn basic telephone ethics.

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ralph28(m): 10:17am On Jun 24, 2015
You are on point.

Yeahreen:
I listened to d program live while I was driving this morning. He was Called, nd the senator said he was busy. He was expecting a call from "channels TV" cos he was to speak live on air. In fact when he picked the call, the first thing the senator said was "Is This Channels TV". When D Presenter Introduced himself as "Ordinary President" or something...
The Senator told him not to call his line again. As the presenter kept trying to explain, The senator said "Shut Up" that he's busy...
#Lets Not Get It Twisted#..The Senator's position was that he should be called before hand if they want to interview him online or send him an sms because he receives a lot of spam calls daily.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by anonimi: 10:17am On Jun 24, 2015
A useless THUG and TOUT will always be a thug & tout no matter how dressed up he is.
QED!!!

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Pls now
Pls now
Pls now
Becos of ur fellow opposition bro
Thanks in advance ecoterrorist
I will vote and mobilise a lot of people for you if you were contesting and not that your friend that insults people.

We need a decent guy for Mr NL

Who are the other contestants, lemme vote for the person
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by eminenta: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Yea dey senator was vry rng to shout at dey presenter since he is a public office holder, den sincerely dey presenter shud learn his lesson,dat nxt tym u wanna indulge in such ah live broadcast u shud b vry shure dat dey person u wanna anchor it with is IN
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by pak: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2015
tchidi:

The senator actually said he had been receiving prank calls and thought this was one of those calls.
I do not subscribe to his shouting 'shut up' but I think he was under pressure. He was expecting an interview from channels and when he found out it was not them, he lost it. And guess what? When Channels couldn't get across to him, they picked someone else to call. That's after they had previously called him and asked him to be at alert for their call.

Today's episode of 'HeMBELEMBE' was not my favourite. I felt Ahmed Isah could have done better. He didn't shout at the man or say something rude or anything, but his colleagues in the studio did and he didn't openly rebuke them. That, to me, is not right.

Now this is an unbiased analysis
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by pak: 10:20am On Jun 24, 2015
okenikpoto:
exactly, blame the presenter for the gaffe because they ought to have pre-informed him. There is nothing wrong in what the senator did. What if a particular number has been on him since and maybe he assumed it was still that number. The journalist was virtually wrong professionally and should even apologise to the lawmaker.

Very sensible, very logical
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Kolade354(m): 10:21am On Jun 24, 2015
Gejpresident:
APC senators are tout
You're Daft like your father!
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by ekiloui(f): 10:21am On Jun 24, 2015
Was listening to the radio program today. For a minute I thought I heard wrong, very arrogant man

1 Like

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 24, 2015
Become an Entrepreneur, register your business name now (discount provided)

https://www.nairaland.com/2399853/register-business-name-us#35095478

To benefit, call:
08186971526 or
email: adekunleman@yahoo.com
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2015
agarawu23:
I'm waiting for an apology, I recall you called me *stupid*, I throw insults and brickbats @ politicians but I don't do that @ NLanders cos that's not my kind of person.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will vote and mobilise a lot of people for you if you were contesting and not that your friend that insults people.

We need a decent guy for Mr NL

Who are the other contestants, lemme vote for the person
Ecoterror
Am on ma knees now
Do dis for me
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by pak: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2015
freecocoa:
He could have said whatever he wanted to without being so rude, how can you tell a person trying to explain himself to you to shut up because you are busy? It's not so hard to say "sorry I'm busy now, can't talk to you" just how hard can that be?

I agree with you. The senator was obviously lacking phone ethics.

But in fairness, it's not as bad as it is painted, the senator had the rights to rebuff the presenter but it was the approach that wasn't too good

1 Like

agarawu23:
I'm waiting for an apology, I recall you called me *stupid*, I throw insults and brickbats @ politicians but I don't do that @ NLanders cos that's not my kind of person
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by eaglechild: 10:23am On Jun 24, 2015
Yeahreen:

"Ordinary President " what kind of introduction is that.

He is probably under the delusion that everyone knows him which is very annoying and naive.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Blackfire(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2015
Chukwutobi:
When you have babes as leaders, what else do you expect?

Woe to the city whose king is a baby

i can tell u of a place in the bible whose king was a kid, and yet did well, but became a nuisance at old age
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by princejayboss: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
No Be PDP Senator? What Do You Expect? Mtcheeeww!

To me I think the presenter should have informed him before placing the call ... He might be in a very important meeting... Though on the other hand he the senator should be respectful no matter the pressure he maybe into at the point the call came in... Both of them are very wrong but to me the presenter should learn to do his job better
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Ecoterror Am on ma knees now Do dis for me
I will do so
I need the link
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by freeage7(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2015
The senator lacks moral. They see themselves as all in all. Well, maybe the journalist sef don too collect brown envelope from am.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will do so
I need the link
Naughty agarawu23 where is d link?
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by freecocoa(f): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2015
pak:

I agree with you. The senator was obviously lacking phone ethics.

But in fairness, it's not as bad as it is painted, the senator had the rights to rebuff the presenter but it was the approach that wasn't too good
Yea, he does have the right to do that, a little courtesy was all he had to apply, then again, it's Nigeria where people don't give a hoot about manners.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by princejayboss: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2015
tchidi:

The senator actually said he had been receiving prank calls and thought this was one of those calls.
I do not subscribe to his shouting 'shut up' but I think he was under pressure. He was expecting an interview from channels and when he found out it was not them, he lost it. And guess what? When Channels couldn't get across to him, they picked someone else to call. That's after they had previously called him and asked him to be at alert for their call.

Today's episode of 'HeMBELEMBE' was not my favourite. I felt Ahmed Isah could have done better. He didn't shout at the man or say something rude or anything, but his colleagues in the studio did and he didn't openly rebuke them. That, to me, is not right.

You said it all.... Could remember telling my elder sister " Bleep off bitch " I was so consumed by my work that faithful day and one unknown girl was busy disturbing my phone .. At a point a call came and my assistant brought the phone to me ... I never saw the number... Just heard a female voice and I shouted Bleep off bitch.. Never knowing it was my beloved sister
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Bongiboy83: 10:33am On Jun 24, 2015
Obviously, these elected officials have NO REGARD for the populace. He should have been informed? So that he can give a photo-shopped response? Or so that he can acquaint himself of the issues on ground because he was never interested in knowing in the first place? I pity the people who have limited options that consistently throw their weight behind these inept and selfish leaders. This is just arrant nonsense!.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by dotwyz: 10:37am On Jun 24, 2015
Ahmed thank u for the blast.
Re: Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio by Btruth: 10:38am On Jun 24, 2015
dokyOloye:
he is a human being.
Me and U do worse on daily basis.
How do U treat these scammers who call ppl on d phone everyday telling U there is one contract,NNPC job etc?
Do U pet them?
He might have thought the caller is one of them.
The caller should have introduced himself and informed d senator that he is on live radio in his first sentence.
Anything short of that is in bad faith.

I think I reason with you, in short with all of you that quoted me. Thanks guys. Have a nice day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Worships With Bishops In Osogbo Church / Herdsmen Militias Slaughter 8 People In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Ademola Adeleke: A Lot Of Osun State's Money Is Taken To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.