Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Is It Good Enough? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is It Good Enough? (955 Views)

Is It Good To Pray For The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good Enough? by ABDULJELIL1(m): 11:09am On Feb 27, 2009
Is it good to speak/talk while in bathroom that is separated from toilet.But someone told me that since it has been separated from toilet one can talk.It is only in toilet that one can't talk.pls tell me how true it is.
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Lagosboy: 1:03pm On Feb 27, 2009
As far as i know one can speak in the bathroom and even make dhikr but it is the toilet that it isnt allowed to speak in. If the toilet is separated from the bathroom then thats good so u could spk in it.

Wallahu a'lam
Re: Is It Good Enough? by bilms(m): 3:14pm On Feb 27, 2009
No, it is not good.

weather bathroom or toilet, they are classified as baitil guthz, unpure place.

as for zikr.

yes u can do zikr any where. even when u are having sexual intercourse with ur wife.

but talking in the bathroom or toilet is not.

cheers.
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Mustay(m): 1:13am On Mar 09, 2009
It is not advised would be a better modification to the last post.

It doesn't mean when you are in "danger" or you need to respond to an urgent "call" from someone in the home, you won't reply.
Re: Is It Good Enough? by olanajim(m): 2:44am On Mar 09, 2009
What is the difference between toilet and bathroom, as far as dirt and impurity are concerned?
Re: Is It Good Enough? by bilms(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2009
the two are the same.

thanks to the person that added a note to my post.

when u need help u can seek for it.
Re: Is It Good Enough? by zayhal(f): 11:34am On Mar 11, 2009
There are differences between the toilet and the bathroom
Some scholars are of the opinion that one can speak in the bathroom while it's makrooh (disliked) to speak in the toilet, giving the reason that we do not urinate nor defeacate in the bathroom, but if it's a bathroom where people urinate regularly, then speaking in it or making adhkar is also makrooh.

Allahu a'lam
Re: Is It Good Enough? by olanajim(m): 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2009
What is the different between urine and faeces as far as impurity is concerned?
Re: Is It Good Enough? by mukina2: 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
A pal told me this

That is is permissable for her to do ablution in the bathroom with a toilet in it,  if that was the only place in the home they could do it, provided she stands at the door to do it.

what do you guys think?

didnt want to create a new thread its more or less  related to this thread
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Lagosboy: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2009
Of course it is permissible as most houses this days have both bathroom and toilet in it. You just say your shahadah silently or when you come out. Wallahu a'lam
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
mukina2:

A pal told me this

That is is permissable for her to do ablution in the bathroom with a toilet in it,  if that was the only place in the home they could do it, provided she stands at the door to do it.

what do you guys think?

didnt want to create a new thread its more or less  related to this thread

imho, toilets have advanced a lot since Prophet Muhammed (PBUH)'s time. one can practically eat in them . as long as it is a well maintained toilet/bathroom, i don't see why not.
Re: Is It Good Enough? by mukina2: 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2009
Thanks guys wink
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 11, 2009
shocked

you cant speak in the toilet? grin cheesy It just gets crazier everyday
Re: Is It Good Enough? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2009
davidylan:

shocked

you cant speak in the toilet? grin cheesy It just gets crazier everyday

ahah, i thought you knew all there was to know about Islam tongue
Re: Is It Good Enough? by olanajim(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2009
@mukina2,
I do not think it is wrong to perform ablution in the bathroom as long as it is clean.

For those arguing on the Toilet Bathroom matter, need I remind you that purpose of the whole rule was to enforce cleanliness which was lacking in many homes. We all know that at the time of the prophet, most people are ignorant and dirty.

We all know the risks associated with dirts and toilets. One don't have to be a muslim to know that microbes thrive in toilets and that anyone who open his mouth often in that state exposes himself to great risk. So what the prophet did was to make it a must that we take care of our healths. Indeed, Islam make cleanliness an integral part of faith. And that is why we have all sort of rules.

However, we must clearly differentiate between what is "disliked" and what is "forbidden". Islam is clear about them.

To site an example. Once the prophet, S, was hosted alongside his companions and were serve Red-head lizard as meat. A companion asked him, whether the meat is forbidden. He replied that it was not, but the meat is not eaten where he came from. And thus, he didnt eat it. But he didnt bar others from eating it.

Some rules pertaining to "disliked" deed were not illegal but made to safeguard certain consequence. Another of such rule was "taking the same route to and fro solat jumah".

This was made with commonsense to safeguard against attack by enemies who often ambush muslims on their way from the mosque. I was alarmed when a guy in my area started calling those who didnt observe that rule "kafir!"

like someone have said, alot of things have changed since prophet time. We must be careful at the way we interpret sunnah.

I concludes this with prophet own words " WHAT IS FORBIDDEN IS CLEAR, WHAT IS COMPULSORY IS CLEAR. BETWEEN THE TWO ARE THOSE THAT ARE DOUBTFUL. IF YOU IGNORE THEM, YOU MAY IGNORE THE LAWFUL, AND IF YOU EXECUTE THEM YOU MAY EXECUTE THE FORBIDDEN. THEREFORE, OBEY WHAT IS CLEAR AND LEAVE WHAT IS DOUBTFUL."
Re: Is It Good Enough? by mukina2: 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2009
Thanks Ola smiley
Re: Is It Good Enough? by bilms(m): 6:05pm On Mar 13, 2009
yes, it is allowed to perform ablusion in d bathroom,

but still, its no good talking in toilet and bathroon.

infact the prophet is reported to have said:

La tatakalam fil hudu. ( do not talk while performing ablusion.) but note, this is a makruhu not haram

(1) (Reply)

Moral Islamic Values That Can Change The Society / Miraculous Appearance Of Image Of Dead Imam Attracts Crowd In Lagos / Al-saud: An Illegitimate "Islamic" Kingdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.