Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547214 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 12:08am On Jul 28, 2010
djunit1:

You fall MUGU. How you go allow them collect money for your hand? You nor carry your naija passport? That passport is like American passport to those idiots. I have been there twice and the two times I was asked for either money or Passport I shouted at them and they let me Go. A Nigerian is highly valued there ooooh.

But I like the Stout and Chicken part oooh, Body nor be wood. I nor dey take stout but the chicken for make sense! lol

Well Djunit nt is fault,O.T(Orientation is different) you went and you shouted at them wit ur passport rite?i went alone,never shouted at them and didnt pay,and never took my passport and this was done twice, anyway Ojap,well the koko is u've paid for your SEVIS, abeg nuttin do u jor,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 12:32am On Jul 28, 2010
All veterans and everybody abeg make una advise me o.
My people, I've watched with Joy the miracles of this thread and had no choice but to join o
My interview na next week but my sponsor still dey try put in more funds to try make the account look good. The thing is he is a business person and at times wen funds come in and a new business shows up, he has to quickly try sort them out. and u know it wld be kind of selfish if I tell him to put his busness on hold because of my own plans (afterall na from dat business we go raise money for the masters degree) what are the things I should prepare to say if they ask about those deposits.
Please help out.

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:13am On Jul 28, 2010
omofavour:

All veterans and everybody abeg make una advise me o.
My people, I've watched with Joy the miracles of this thread and had no choice but to join o
My interview na next week but my sponsor still dey try put in more funds to try make the account look good. The thing is he is a business person and at times wen funds come in and a new business shows up, he has to quickly try sort them out. and u know it wld be kind of selfish if I tell him to put his busness on hold because of my own plans (afterall na from dat business we go raise money for the masters degree) what are the things I should prepare to say if they ask about those deposits.
Please help out.

thanks

Just go to the inetrview with the statement u used for the admission.
Having less money is not the big deal but the inflow of the money whether they are steady or not.
Moreover the consular dont even care about your statement but your intention which must be genuine.
On your I-20 its stated that u have the required fund so most of the time consulars do leave bank statements out of it.
Go with the one u have.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mizzi(f): 5:00am On Jul 28, 2010
hey guys, must confess this thread makes lots of sense, although i didnt have acess to it when i got my F1 visa, i know tat most of the advise given here is valid.
I just wanna add that those intending to go for interviews must rem. dt the interviewers are human just like you, so no matter how hard your heart is beating, look them in the eye and make sense, no shaking and dont be intimidated by them. even if the person interviewed before you gets rejected, that shouldnt affect you, cos everyones case is unique abeg. Remember eye contact, dont fiddle with ur fingers, makes you look tense
so goodluck guys, and pls practise ur spoken english for the likely questions, cos dy gonna b looking out for any grammatical blunders too, cos that expressely tells them ur nt ready for studies in their Almighty Language.
cheers
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mizzi(f): 5:04am On Jul 28, 2010
@ bebure gudluck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2010
djunit1:

House, thanks to all of you again for all the prayers, and to RefinedSam go and get Your Visa Jooooo, Abeg house, I am thinking or transfering already because life in New york is too Expensive for me. I need advice on how I can make this happen even without having to go to my present school. The school is very expensive and there is no Way to pay the money easily so house make una help with surgestion on how I can go about this transfer thing. Thanks.

@ djunit1, I think my case is similar to yours but I don't think I will be transfering to a different school. I want to defer my admission for spring session.Cos I still dey battle my professional course and I want to try get certified before I start school.So abeg advice me Bro,
My school na SUNY @ Binghamton by the way,what's yours?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
I have got the visa on my hands now and back in Lagos. Na God do am ooooh.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2010
THE NEXT PERSON SHALL COME OUT WITH HIS OR HER VISA!!! IF YOU BELIEVE U CAN COME OUT WITH YOUR VISA JUST LIKE djunit1 AND DASLEEKY. PLS SAY AMEN TO THIS IT PROPHETIC. smiley smiley smiley smiley

[table][/table]
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS,

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WANT TO APPLY FOR A DEGREE PROGRAM IN THE US. HE IS A QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT(ACA $ ACCA) BUT ONLY HAS OND FROM A FEDERAL POLYTHECNIC IN NIGERIA BUT HE IS CLOSE TO 30 YEARS. HOPE THE CON WONT FROWN AT THE AGE? IF OTHERWISE,WHICH OTHER ROUTE DO THE HOUSE ADVISE ? THANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
Abgovernor:

THE NEXT PERSON SHALL COME OUT WITH HIS OR HER VISA!!! IF YOU BELIEVE U CAN COME OUT WITH YOUR VISA JUST LIKE djunit1 AND DASLEEKY. PLS SAY AMEN TO THIS IT PROPHETIC. smiley smiley smiley smiley

[table][/table]

Looks like I'm the next one on the hot seat. AMEN!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olule(m): 4:26pm On Jul 28, 2010
If you wan go Seme go pay SEVIS, abeg shine eyes well. I was duped yesterday by an Okada man, close to 10k. As I neva go seme before, the guy just carry me enter some kin corners, he talk say he wan take me pass where immigration officers no go harass me at all at all. He talk say make I arrange my money wella, say if Immigration officers see plenty money for my hand when den they "search", say na big problem for me o o. He ask well well if I carry additional money or any hard currency. I talk say no (fortunately, I no get). embarassed embarassed embarassed. As we arrange money finish, and I reach bank of Africa where I wan change money, I see say my money no balace again cry cry cry. I Thank God say I carry enough money, I for no fit pay the SEVIS money, and na leg a for take waka reach mile 2 from Seme

My advice to anyone going to Seme is not to allow any bike take you through crooked paths.The way is direct. Even you can walk for where the car/bus dropped you to the EcoBank. It is not far at all. Also, I would like to advice you never to let the officers get hold of your precious passport, let alone stamp it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by refinedsam: 6:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
Hail, pple in da house, I went fo
r my interview ystday and it was
sometin else entirely, before I say anything I wld like to advise all those going for their interview at abuja to avoid one horrible looking chineese woman who is looking aged.o boy no b small thing pple face ystday ooh cos 90 percent of applicants were denied ystady.initially I wasn't bothered when I saw ow applicants were turned down cos I so much blive in maself and all sorts of wat nairalanders have taut me.I was surprised to the extent that a lady who came for a renewal from Howard university was denied because of the fact tht she cldnt explain in details why she came to Nigeria during academic session bla bla bla, anyway I w
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2010
refinedsam:

Hail, pple in da house, I went fo
r my interview ystday and it was
sometin else entirely, before I say anything I wld like to advise all those going for their interview at abuja to avoid one horrible looking chineese woman who is looking aged.o boy no b small thing pple face ystday ooh cos 90 percent of applicants were denied ystady.initially I wasn't bothered when I saw ow applicants were turned down cos I so much blive in maself and all sorts of wat nairalanders have taut me.I was surprised to the extent that a lady who came for a renewal from Howard university was denied because of the fact tht she cldnt explain in details why she came to Nigeria during academic session bla bla bla, anyway I w

Ha. That doesn't sound great. Well all I can do now is pray that whatever happens I can give satisfactory answers to all the questions IU'm asked. I'm done prepping for this interview. I'll let y'all know how it went tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by refinedsam: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2010
To complete ma story the old witch jst told me that I looked to her as a busy youngman frm all wat I ve told her abt my job and she is nt convinced dat am a bonafide student who wants to go for masters prog after knowing all my qualifications for admission.she didn't even ask me abt the sch or why d course.na my job she jst dey ask me abt which I clearly explained to her.in a nutshell just avoid my description of that woman when u r in abj.even the security told me that she is strict and new and pple dey avoid her.so ma pple no say u no hear now ooh, one mans mistake shldnt be yours again.Go get your visa. Nxt applicant window, ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
refinedsam:

To complete ma story the old witch jst told me that I looked to her as a busy youngman frm all wat I ve told her abt my job and she is nt convinced dat am a bonafide student who wants to go for masters prog after knowing all my qualifications for admission.she didn't even ask me abt the sch or why d course.na my job she jst dey ask me abt which I clearly explained to her.in a nutshell just avoid my description of that woman when u r in abj.even the security told me that she is strict and new and pple dey avoid her.so ma pple no say u no hear now ooh, one mans mistake shldnt be yours again.Go get your visa. Nxt applicant window, ?

I know the woman, she was the one that took our finger prints. She did not interview any one on Monday. Hope still dey brother, nor loose hope at all, I was denied UK visa in January and I thought life was ended not because I was not given the visa but because of what I had spent on it. But God rewarded me with YANKEE, So believe that God has bigger plans for you
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2010
refinedsam. Sorry to ehar about your case. But how do you avoid such people? when they say next, are u given a choice who to go to?

I finally got my date for August 10th. Please I have question regarding bank statement. I have my statement printed since 28th June, since I though my interview was going to be sooner, should I still use the same statement. my sponsor does not have much balance any more. My second question is regarding GCE certificate/statement of result. I only have my scratch card and print out from WAEC online result. I just took my GCE last year. Is it true that I can't get my certificate now? how about statement of result. Please I need urgent answer from the gurus.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 9:22pm On Jul 28, 2010
Refinedsam, kpele!
Bebure. Success to you man!
wink wink wink winkAll Nairalanders going for interview either in Lagos or Abj tommorow 29th July, 2010, WILL GET THEIR VISAS!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:41pm On Jul 28, 2010
chiazogom:

refinedsam. Sorry to ehar about your case. But how do you avoid such people? when they say next, are u given a choice who to go to?

I finally got my date for August 10th. Please I have question regarding bank statement. I have my statement printed since 28th June, since I though my interview was going to be sooner, should I still use the same statement. my sponsor does not have much balance any more. My second question is regarding GCE certificate/statement of result. I only have my scratch card and print out from WAEC online result. I just took my GCE last year. Is it true that I can't get my certificate now? how about statement of result. Please I need urgent answer from the gurus.

@ Bank statementThink u r good to go despite the 28th june,  it's very okay,

@ Waec, Yes u cant get your waec GCE statement of result from what waec says these days,  so may be u'll do the online stuff/scratch card thang,  hopefully all these wont matter sef,

refinedsam:

@ Refinedsam, may be u shud give it a break,  this wud make it tha th time right, so just chill small abeg, and try some other stuff ,  if &wen u show up they'll be more  welcoming,

@ Bebure, pls help sustain our impressive recs, Na God sha oh,  Really God's there 4 u, just reach out to him
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 3:53am On Jul 29, 2010
@Dalsleeky, thanks for the response. I'm just wondering if anyone has gone with only the online thing/ scratch card. I did not take TOEFL or SAT, so WAEC question and transcript is so much likely to be asked. If anyone has used scratch card before, please let me know how that went with the consular
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 6:40am On Jul 29, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this thread for some weeks back now and I am so impress how supportive everyone has been to their fellows and would like to participate because I also fall into this category at the moment, I have my admission to study Master in Public Health, and have been sent my 1-20, I have paid my SEVIS fee and have booked appointment for 10th of Aug, I would like the House to pray for me, sometimes it's not all about what you know and what documents you have, Gods favour plays a whole lot of role when it comes to issues with Embassy/Visa stuff.
All of you guys who already have your Visa I wish you a big Congratulations and for those of us awaiting interview the lord is with Us.
Thanks, You guys are the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 29, 2010
refinedsam:

Just when we thought our house is now immune to denials. Please don't loose hope; God knows best. What can I say - Reapply now? One is not sure of how fast you can get another emergency date, except maybe you'll try Lagos. You may just wait for Spring Admission, get your school to issue another I-20 and then apply then. Please let God direct you- Nothing is impossible with God.

@ Bebure: May you come back with testimony today; I pray that favour of God will speak for you - Amen

@ Nairaspace: Hope you've gotten a date now, just trust God to do the best

@ House: Please let's pray for the remaining Fall guys yet to go for interview (Chiazogom, nairaspace, Ojap, bomly and others). They must share their testimonies too in Jesus' name. This Fall '10 trend must end on a high note. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 8:53am On Jul 29, 2010
God pikin:

Just when we thought our house is now immune to denials. Please don't loose hope; God knows best. What can I say - Reapply now? One is not sure of how fast you can get another emergency date, except maybe you'll try Lagos. You may just wait for Spring Admission, get your school to issue another I-20 and then apply then. Please let God direct you- Nothing is impossible with God.

@ Bebure: May you come back with testimony today; I pray that favour of God will speak for you - Amen

@ Nairaspace: Hope you've gotten a date now, just trust God to do the best

@ House: Please let's pray for the remaining Fall guys yet to go for interview (Chiazogom, nairaspace, Ojap, bomly and others). They must share their testimonies too in Jesus' name. This Fall '10 trend must end on a high note. grin grin grin grin grin

Amen and Amen,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 9:55am On Jul 29, 2010
@refinedsam: all hope is not lost. re-examine the issues and re-apply.Its God that grant visa not even the consular. Be hopeful and achor your faith in God.

@bebure,Chiazogom, nairaspace, Ojap, bomly and others: Gods favour is upon you. u will not meet the chinese woman. u will come out victorious to the glory of God.

In the name of jesus christ , Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by akonamone(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
House, i know this is a Visa Interview thread, but i just wanna thank baba God for journey mercies, i arrived Boston safely, had absolutely no troubles with immigration and customs at Logan Airport. To God be the Glory!!!

Also, a big congrats to Djuni1, Dasleeky and all those who got their F1 Visas, and to all those scheduled for interviews, i wish you Gods favor, cos really it supersudes all your docs, scholarships et al.

Waiting to hear more goodnews, and to all of us destined for the US for study, please lets not derail, lets showdem people that there is still some good left outta 9ja. I am prepared to do just dat.

Cheers!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
akonam_one:

House, i know this is a Visa Interview thread, but i just wanna thank baba God for journey mercies, i arrived Boston safely, had absolutely no troubles with immigration and customs at Logan Airport. To God be the Glory!!!

Also, a big congrats to Djuni1, Dasleeky and all those who got their F1 Visas, and to all those scheduled for interviews, i wish you Gods favor, cos really it supersudes all your docs, scholarships et al.

Waiting to hear more goodnews, and to all of us destined for the US for study, please lets not derail, lets showdem people that there is still some good left outta 9ja. I am prepared to do just dat.

Cheers!

@akonam_one:THANK GOD FOR JOURNEY MERCY. KEEP THE FLAG FLYING AND CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR US TO OBTAIN OUR F-1 VISA SOON.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adebiopon: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2010
goodday house, i proposed to obtain a us visa pls i will love to the have the following mail address* djunit1, femilangy, gongo aso, asil and nethacker, thanks for ur concern. My mail address is greatbabatee@yahoo.com
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2010
Adebiopon:

goodday house, i proposed to obtain a us visa pls i will love to the have the following mail address* djunit1, femilangy, gongo aso, asil and nethacker, thanks for your concern. My mail address is greatbabatee@yahoo.com

My Brother, my yahoo messenger Id is djunit1 I am always online you can hit me up any time then from there I could give You my email address, phone number if possible meet and talk. God would do it for every one of us. My belief is that any one that is able to dedicate all his time to read this thread and all the post has shown enough that he really wants this Visa. May God grant us all our Heart desires ooooh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2010
Why can't I post on this thread Seun? I'll try one more time:

Kedike kedike ke di ke ke.

Yessir. Got me F-1 Visa folks. It was God.

I got to the embassy around 6:45am and waited till it was time for my interview. The interview was barely one minute long:

Me: Hello, good morning!

CO: Hi, how are ya?

Me: Fine thank you

CO: Can I have your passport and application form?

Me: Sure. There you go

CO: What are you going to do in the US?

Me: Study

CO: What are you going to study?

Me: Petroleum Engineering, Master's

CO: Where did you do your bachelor's degree?

Me: ****** University in the UK

CO: So Petroleum Engineering huh. So are you gonna help clean of the oil spill in the gulf [laughing]?

Me: Well, if I can volunteer sure. My research is based on enhanced oil recovery; focused on trying to get more oil from already existing wells thus preventing the nedd for drilling everywhere [smiling/laughing as well]

CO: Oh yeah I've heard about that, you inject steam into the ground or something right?

Me: Yeah. After you inject steam, you get CO2 from natural sources or from industrial plants and then inject it into the same hole as the steam to generate the correct pressure thereby allowing oil to flow.

CO: Alright. Take this green card and go to this address to pick up your visa on monday.

Me: Thank you

CO: So do you plan to work for BP?

Me: God forbid.

CO: I hear Louisiana is a great place. I've never been there but I', sure you'll have fun there.

Me: Yes, I'm sure I will

CO: Alright, bye

Me: Bye

The whole thing lasted less than two minutes. I have my ticket ready and come next week I'll be on Delta Airlines to Atlanta then DC and then down to Louisiana a week later.
I wasn't asked for any bank statement or who was sponsoring me. All the worrying about my uncle sponsoring me and my sisters schooling in the US was for nothing. The guy after me also got his visa. In fact I only saw one student get rejected in Abuja and that's becaue he's applied thrice in seven months, is 30 years old without a degree and doesn't have any results. Be it WAEC, SAT.
This thread has been great. Everyone who still has an interview for fall go with God and as long as you're a genuine student you'll get it. AMEN!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
Bebure Congrats man. You nor wan waste time at all for naija? Next week you dey run? This is sweet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.