Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:34 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547783 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2010
djunit1:

Bebure Congrats man. You nor wan waste time at all for naija? Next week you dey run? This is sweet.

Thanks brother. I have to be in school by 14th and I wanna enjoy yankee small before school starts. When are you going and how (as per airline)? I'd like to know if any nairalander is on my flight.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2010
Bebure, congrats. God is great.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2010
chiazogom:

Bebure, congrats. God is great.

Indeed He is. I'm glad. I see you've gotten a date. Just go with confidence and I'm sure you'll be fine. The two guys that interviewed today were great. I pray you get them as well. Pray before your interview. It really does work.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congraulations Bebure!!! grin  I was sure you were going to get the visa. I hope we meet in one of the SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineers) meetings in the wild wild west.  grin

People, I have posted my successful experience at embassy on tuesday twice but my post was deleted each time. If anyone wants to read it, please check out the post from my profile. Meanwhile, please I have a question: I filled 21st August as my depature date on the DS 160 form but after going through the orientation documents from the school I realized I might have to travel at least one week earlier. Will there be any adverse effect if I do that? Also, any advice as per the best travel deals to Houston from Lagos and how to go about securing them will be highly appreciated as I need to book a flight asap.

Thanks guys! Wishing all other US visa hopefuls success!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2010
Godeagle:

Congraulations Bebure!!! grin  I was sure you were going to get the visa. I hope we meet in one of the SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineers) meetings in the wild wild west.  grin

People, I have posted my successful experience at embassy on tuesday twice but my post was deleted each time. If anyone wants to read it, please check out the post from my profile. Meanwhile, please I have a question: I filled 21st August as my depature date on the DS 160 form but after going through the orientation documents from the school I realized I might have to travel at least one week earlier. Will there be any adverse effect if I do that? Also, any advice as per the best travel deals to Houston from Lagos and how to go about securing them will be highly appreciated as I need to book a flight asap.

Thanks guys! Wishing all other US visa hopefuls success!

Thanks Godeagle. I'm sure we'll meet at one of them SPE conferences as I plan to attend quite a lot of them.
There will be no adverse effect if you fly out on a different date than stated on your DS-160. It's if you fly out later than the required date that you'll have a problem.
Don't limit yourself to Lagos. Try Delta Airlines from Lagos to Atlanta and then get a connecting flight to Houston or you can try Delta Airlines from Abuja to New York and then connect to Houston. Also consider Arik air - they usually have ads in newspapers for $500 to New York or something crazy like that.
Search online for deals. I'll help also help you check online and if I find anything I'll let you know. When are you planning to jet out? Also consider getting a return ticket. They are sometimes cheaper. I came back from the US in April and just bought a return ticket then so I was quite lucky.
Na we go dey run this oil industry in Nigeria come ten years time. No shaking. Kase Lawal needs to watch his back. New oilmen on the block. LOL.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congratulations bebure. its God that grants visa not even the consular officers. lets anchor our faith in God. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congratulationssssssssss Bebure!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2010
Goodnews! Goodnews!! Goodnews!!!.Congrats to Bebure.Just got a call from Nairaspace that he got his Visa, Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Celebration Mode Guys, grin grin grin wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 4:06pm On Jul 29, 2010
God pikin:

Congratulationssssssssss Bebure!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks God pikin. I saw your email about BP paying $10,000 a month on your profile page. Dunno what Seun has been doing with all our posts sha. The problem is they dont have any operations in Nigeria so if I said yes to BP it would have been like telling the CO that I planned to work in the US afterwards which is a big NO NO. But if a company offered me $10,000 a month- even BP- it will be very, very hard to say no but I think ultimately I'll say no. I dont want a job that makes me soo comfortable that I begin to deviate from my plans of owning my own business here in Nigeria one day. The rest of you guys that have interviews just believe in God and it will be yours. And read this thread from A to Z. Very good stufff on here

seadog406:

Goodnews! Goodnews!! Goodnews!!!.Congrats to Bebure.Just got a call from Nairaspace that he got his Visa, Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Celebration Mode Guys,  grin grin grin wink

Thanks boss. Congrats to Nairaspace as well. Na God do am. I'm still over the moon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abgovernor: 4:15pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congrats Nairaspace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Share your testimony asap. God i give u praise.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
congrats bebure!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2010
the  downfall   of   a  man,     i beg young   M,   help   me   complete   am, d   fact   is   I   GOT   MY   F1   VISA   today!   still   on   kamakazi   on   a gentro   level!!!!  will   post  interview  soon!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Godeagle: 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
bebure:

Thanks Godeagle. I'm sure we'll meet at one of them SPE conferences as I plan to attend quite a lot of them.
There will be no adverse effect if you fly out on a different date than stated on your DS-160. It's if you fly out later than the required date that you'll have a problem.
Don't limit yourself to Lagos. Try Delta Airlines from Lagos to Atlanta and then get a connecting flight to Houston or you can try Delta Airlines from Abuja to New York and then connect to Houston. Also consider Arik air - they usually have ads in newspapers for $500 to New York or something crazy like that.
Search online for deals. I'll help also help you check online and if I find anything I'll let you know. When are you planning to jet out? Also consider getting a return ticket. They are sometimes cheaper. I came back from the US in April and just bought a return ticket then so I was quite lucky.

Thanks a lot Bebure! I'm already checking out the different airline websites. I've also enlisted the help of a travel agency. I plan to jet out between 14th and 16th August.

bebure:

Na we go dey run this oil industry in Nigeria come ten years time. No shaking. Kase Lawal needs to watch his back. New oilmen on the block. LOL.
Yes o! In fact, na we go chase all them multinationals finally. LOL
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2010
Abgovernor:

Congratulations bebure. its God that grants visa not even the consular officers. lets anchor our faith in God. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Thanks Abgovernor

vandops:

congrats bebure!!!

Thanks vandops

Godeagle:

Thanks a lot Bebure! I'm already checking out the different airline websites. I've also enlisted the help of a travel agency. I plan to jet out between 14th and 16th August.
Yes o! In fact, na we go chase all them multinationals finally. LOL

Abi. Na so.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nairaspace abeg fast come lag make we scatter grounds man. Lets all meet in Londoners bar one night. Wont that be great? Every one should come up with a suggestion abeg. I heard there is a way to get a student ID card in nigeria here so that your plane tickt would become cheaper. As for me I am not flying another airline than Virgin because they would stop over in heathrow and continue the journey the next day. I want this because na stupid UK first Deny me Visa now I want to Land there to shame them grin grin grin grin

If any body see any cheap deal for flying abeg post it here it is part of the thread. Once again Bebure and Nairaspace congrats!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bebure(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2010
Men. Tickets aren't cheap at the moment. Everything I've seen going to Houston is about $2100. Return is $1980. Maybe your agents will have better luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nairaspace and Debure I am proud of you guys, Man give God a nokle, He nor easy but God nah baba come rain come sunshine. This good new would continue to flow in the house, to those of us whose interview comes up next month lets continue to pray, all would work out in our favour. Una wain don get F-1 Visa make una nor forget us oh, make una pray and wish us the best.
Lets keep the flame of One Love burning.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olule(m): 7:31pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congrats to you bebure N' nairaspace. For others going for interviews soon, go with faith and come with your success stories. Lets keep the fire burning!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
Hello House,

I beg make una tell me the documents when una use take go for interview, I mean those going for Masters.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by freeman07(m): 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congrats to all my bros that just recieved Visas.
Dasleeky, Bebure, Djunit, Nairaspace, Godeagle.
Lets all fly high and make Naija proud wink

Godpikin, Howfar?
Did you see my message

Vandops, been a long time.
Hope u r kicking.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2010
Nairaspaceeeeeee Congratulationssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy; the house beat Embassy hands-down today 2-0

GOD is with this trend. Please let's not dissapoint wen we get there, let's make God proud by putting our very best & excel. The world is waiting for our manifestation.

OjaP, Chiazogom, Abgovernor and bomly; you are the next to share ur testimonies & celebrate in Jesus' name. No shaking, God is in control!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2010
God pikin:

Nairaspaceeeeeee Congratulationssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy; the house beat Embassy hands-down today 2-0

GOD is with this trend. Please let's not dissapoint wen we get there, let's make God proud by putting our very best & excel. The world is waiting for our manifestation.

OjaP, Chiazogom, Abgovernor and bomly; you are the next to share your testimonies & celebrate in Jesus' name. No shaking, God is in control!

Mo ri email e. . . .congrats bro. I got everything settled. . . .

Welcome to the GATOR family cheesy
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by mohaka(m): 8:22pm On Jul 29, 2010
wow is ol i can say.congrats 2 nairaspace n Godeagle 4 ur persistens and tha rest of tha members who got their visas.Guys i was rily demoralised when i was denied tha visa bt afta readin tha testimonies of tha likes of Godeagle n nairaspace i am overwhelmed and this has cheered me up and certainly i would apply again samwea in october.
pliz house i wanna knw if i am to pay tha sevis fee again for choosin a differen school and program since i was denied on tha basis of applying to a 2 yr college and now i am plannin 2 apply to a state university
any advice would rily go along way
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congrats Nairaspace. Happy for you. God has done it again. I am scheduled for August 10th.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 10:18pm On Jul 29, 2010
Well well well, all Glory to God! Faith and pesistence!
after i was refused Visa July 12th, 2010, i told my self, i

wont give Up!
ok na, applied fer emegency appointment in Lagos, they told me

BLUNLY that they wont give me a date! i told myself again that

i wont give up, send same messages to Abuja consular, this time

sending them with BULK MESSAGE SENDER!, i believe dey get like

100-200 of my mails a day, and kept calling, they will pick

and shout at me saying we will reply you and sometimes they

say, we cant help you, but everychanged when SEADOG came

in, (PM for seadog issue)
well, Thank God i got it on July 22. for 29th July interview,

1pm.
this was how it went.
Got to the embassy at 10am, had to stadn outside till 1pm,

and we were searched, went inside and the almighty CHINESE took

the finger print stuff,
okk, we sat, and waited for NEXT NEXT NEXT, until i heard

NEXT, i don vow sey if chinese call NEXT, i go just waka go

toilet straight!
oya fine boy consular: NEXXXXXXXXTTTTTT!!!

CO: how are you?
Me: im fine and you?
CO: fine thank you, your documents please
Me: here they are
Co: why are you going to the USA?
Me: Study
Co: what have you been doing since your secondary school?
Me: working and going for courses related to my major
CO: any documents to proove?
Me, showed him 2 diploma certificates
CO:What did you do in this companies
Me: computer analyst
CO: who is a computer sorvier?
ME: I wasnt trained theoretically, but practically, and for

only 2 weeks before being awarded a certificate in Networking
Co: you waec and SAT and toefl?
ME: YES, all 3.( gave them to him)
Co: you seem to have gtten a high mark in mathermatics in , SAT

, TOEFL, AND WAEC.
Me: yes cos im good at it
Co: i see, whats the square root of 144
Me: in 15milliseconds, i vex answer am , ITS 12 NA, (the guy

shock look me, lol, people burst laugh,
Co: you really good
CO: have you any details about computer language? name 2 if u

can
Me: i name 5, lol
CO: d guy laugh, who is your sponsor?
ME: my father
CO: what does he do
ME: an engineer at the airport
CO: wht are u going for a degree?
Me: cos i need to get a certificate on my chosen career and

moreso, i am very talented in creativity
CO: i can say confidently that you are very good, take this

ticket and come for you visa and make sure you study and

contact your international student adviser:
me: THANKS ,

FROM HERE, I NO HEAR ANYTHING AGAIN/, WINKED AT EVERYONE IN

THE HALL AND LEFT, GOT OUTSIDE, KNELT DOWN AND PRAYED SAYING

THANK YOU LORD.

na so he go o, na God do am for me, he didnt even ask why i

was refused.
so Put God first and Have Faith!

Na so i enter yankee oooo

Thanks to you guys, from femilangy, nethacker, young M, Seadog("MY FATHER" wink ) u understand na, oyewolejos, Gongo aso ( GONGO ti so ooo)
and all ya supporters!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink wink cool cool cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 10:20pm On Jul 29, 2010
freeman07:

Congrats to all my bros that just recieved Visas.
Dasleeky, Bebure, Djunit, Nairaspace, Godeagle.
Lets all fly high and make Naija proud wink

Godpikin, Howfar?
Did you see my message

Vandops, been a long time.
Hope u r kicking.

Dude, where have u been now, ur phone's back now?

Congrats @ nairaspace, bebure, God Eagle, na like this e suppose bee!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omofavour: 11:58pm On Jul 29, 2010
Congrats bebure. God is good. I will be going to Abuja also on tuesday and all I have is just God and His unfailing grace.
House please pray along with me and all others scheduled for friday and all through next week and beyond. Prayer truly doesnt fail!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ciscoSE: 6:44am On Jul 30, 2010
Folks,

I had my emergency student visa interview scheduled for Abuja at 1PM yesterday (29TH). The Chinese lady scrutinized everyone she interviewed thoroughly and was very detailed so she is definitely a tough cookie but remember as long as you are composed and legitimate you should be fine.

Fortunately i had the nice guy he asked me several questions which i will share shortly. I was given the green ticket and i was granted a visa. In my euphoria i cant remember when they asked me to come collect the visa however i will go back on Monday to pick it up as everyone given before me were asked to come on Monday for there visa's.

Congratulations to everyone that got there visa's today and for those that didn't get it please don't loose hope, learn from your mistakes and also this forum and go conquer.

I should be out of this joint Monday after collecting my visa or Tuesday and headed for Louisiana.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2010
ciscoSE:

Folks,

I had my emergency student visa interview scheduled for Abuja at 1PM yesterday (29TH). The Chinese lady scrutinized everyone she interviewed thoroughly and was very detailed so she is definitely a tough cookie but remember as long as you are composed and legitimate you should be fine.

Fortunately i had the nice guy he asked me several questions which i will share shortly. I was given the green ticket and i was granted a visa. In my euphoria i cant remember when they asked me to come collect the visa however i will go back on Monday to pick it up as everyone given before me were asked to come on Monday for there visa's.

Congratulations to everyone that got there visa's today and for those that didn't get it please don't loose hope, learn from your mistakes and also this forum and go conquer.

I should be out of this joint Monday after collecting my visa or Tuesday and headed for Louisiana.

Thank God for you.
That guy nice finish, you no see the way God help me tackle am?
i knew you would get it.
Thank God for us. omo u dey vex ooooooo;, tuesday?
guy add my on messengers via onlyfair_boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.