Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546921 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2010
Hello House,

If you are looking for a date in August, Abuja just opened their appointment date, make una hurriedly go book oh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:36am On Aug 11, 2010
@Bomly,i am happy for you ooo,infact i believe the date is available cos of you,pls be well prepared for the interview this time around and come share your testimony.Above all,pray and fast.I am so sure they will give you.Mine is on the 24th.I need your prayers also.All other members,dates are available now till the last day of the month.Pls go nd book your appointment.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2010
OjaP:

All Nairalanders,another Golden opportunit from NDDC,All indigenes from the Niger Delta states who have gained admission into a post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign university,Engineering,Medicine,Computer Science/Technology,Geology,Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a minimum of 2.2 will be offered scholarship.I fink dis is a golden opportunity for those of us studying this fall.Visit www.nddc.gov.ng for more details.

Very true bro. But the website they put up in the advert was wrong. Anyway, see details below. I encourage everyone to apply.

The above scholarship came out in The Nation newspaper on 10th August 2010. I can't post all the details here because i only glanced through the paper but what i have below should do.

Conditions:

1. Indigene of Niger delta

2. You must have been given admission into any recognised foreign university, for Post Graduate studies (masters or Phd) in Engineering, Medicine, sciences, etc.

3. You must provide a recommendation letter 4rm either a recognised chief or trad ruler, high court judge, L.G.A. chairman, House of rep member, senator etc.

4. For MSc must be less than 30yrs and for Phd., less than 35 years.

5. For MSc., you  must have at least a 2.2 from a reputable university.

6. For Phd., a masters degree from a reputable university.

The real website is www.nddcscholarships.com. I don't know why the website in the original advert is wrong.

Wish you guys the best of luck. Please you should have scanned copies of the following documents before you start the application:

1. Your admission letter.
2. Local Goverment Identification.
3. Passport photograph.
4. Degree certificates
5. Recommendation/Attestation from any of the listed personalities in (#3) above.

Read the conditions as on the site:

1.        Applicant must be Indigene of Niger Delta Origin

2.       This scholarship scheme is designed for interested applicants who have already secured admission into an institution of higher learning overseas.

3.        NDDC will not undertake the responsibility of securing relevant travel visa(s) for applicants.

4.        NDDC will not undertake the responsibility of securing and/or paying for flight / travel to the country of study.

5.        Double application under different names or aliases will be detected and void application.

6.        Application is FREE online, no person, group or establishment has been authorized to assist those who wish to apply. NDDC will never ask for any money to facilitate this process.

7.        Only successful candidates will be contacted, there is no need for physical representation or solicitation.

8.        All relevant documents supporting your program and admission are to be scanned and attached to this application form. There is no need to submit or post hard copies of such documents in any form to NDDC.

Closing 30th of August.

All the best people.
bomly:

house i don get date for friday oh, make una pray for me ohhhh house.

Go and bring that visa to this thread. God is with you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 10:45am On Aug 11, 2010
@ djunit; Thanks for the info. What school are you attending in NYC; mine is NYIT. When is ur school resuming or when are you expected to arrive campus? You may also wish to provide ur email address.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2010
@djunit; once again, Thanks for the info. Turkish has a cheaper flight for less than 200k. Ciaoo! Pray for me, my interview is in two weeks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by neroflick(m): 11:20am On Aug 11, 2010
@ Superbrain , thank you very much for taking your time to pour out the details. But do you think a 2010 winter admission would be acceptable? I don't think I can get an offer before the August 30th deadline. What do u think?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ neroflick; in my experience of scholarship application processing, please apply with the most recent admission that you have with you whether in the country or school you intend to attend or not. with this, you won't lose the chance to apply and get the opportunity to contest for whatever slots are available. what is important is the course of study and your eligibility. When you are finally offered sponsorship, there are procedures for change of institutions and country of study. Best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomata: 12:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
bomly:

Hello House,

If you are looking for a date in August, Abuja just opened their appointment date, make una hurriedly go book oh

@bomly
am checking i cant find any date !august is not opened
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 12:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
August 19th to 31st is still open, this dates are available in Abuja
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olule(m): 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2010
I want the house to thank God for me. I went for my visa interview today at the Lagos consulate. The fight was meant to be tough. But the Triune God fought by my side. We won!! Thank you Jesus!!I was asked to come for my Visa Monday. My thanks to the founding founders and supporters  of this thread. May God always support them in all their positive aspirations. Amen. And my prayer is that all on this forum who wish to go the US for studies will always find favor with Visa officers. Amen.  smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley My experience later, I still can't believe it
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomata: 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2010
its october 18th -28th am seeing
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomata: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2010
@bomly

oh! sorry am applying for visiting,just saw it that when you click business/tourism its the oct appointment dates that comes up .thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Superbrain(m): 4:00pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ Olule, congratulobia! God will surely see you through it all. Time to jet out of the country. Who is next in line?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ Olule,Congrats,Come share your testimony with us,How did it go?We are waiting joo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by walegamat(m): 10:22pm On Aug 11, 2010
please,which airline is the cheapest to go to oklahaoma city and cleverland airport in ohio,please i will love to know the cheapest flight i can get so that i can make my booking.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2010
seniorak47:

@ djunit; Thanks for the info. What school are you attending in NYC; mine is NYIT. When is your school resuming or when are you expected to arrive campus? You may also wish to provide your email address.

I am going NYIT too. I cant believe I finally found someone. God would give you that Visa. I am leaving on the 23rd. my email addy is obendev@gloworld.blackberry .com or djunit1@yahoo.com. Send me your number so we can relate. My ticket is booked with quartar and I am okay with that.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
@ olule, Thanks for keeping tha flag flying, congrats mt guy, the celebration season has not peaked yet oh, Let's go get 'em all, @ bomly, OjaP, etc, Oya now
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 12:44am On Aug 12, 2010
Live in Doha!! Khunleah, Seadog, Steve49ja, Young M, Nairaspace
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:02am On Aug 12, 2010
vandops:

Glad to hear that people! Where are you guys passing the night? Hotel, airport? Let us know so I know how to prepare oooh
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by keneyinks: 4:24am On Aug 12, 2010
Hello house i need your kindly advise, i registered for my Gmat Exam when i travel to GHANA, the exam has been done and up till now have not received score report from the testing body. pls what do i do?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 12, 2010
Congrats Olule!
Expecting OjaP, bomly, Chiazogom and others to join the last school bus for Fall '10. May God favour you all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 8:43am On Aug 12, 2010
House thanks for your support, I am going to come with a Testimony tomorrow, I am putting all my hopes in Gods promises.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by coolguy3: 9:34am On Aug 12, 2010
hi all,
ive been resisting the urge to join u guys for long but this thread is just awesome.u are doing a great job.with all these im seeing,i still stongly believe in the future of nigeria and nigerians.
a quick one,please i want someone to guide me as to how a 3rd class holder can apply to study in the united states.are there any school or schools admitting 3rd class holders in the states?what are the requirements and what way is best to go about it?thanks and keep up the good job.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 12:04pm On Aug 12, 2010
Abuja embassy just emailed me to inform me that i can use my WES Evaluated transcript.All nairalanders take note and please remember the remaining of us going for inteqview in your prayers.Mine is 24th oo.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2010
@OjaP; thats good news. Have got mine too. And my date is same as yours but in LASGIDI. Best of luck and pray for me too!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2010
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 4:07pm On Aug 12, 2010
@ak47,we shall all come here to glorify the Lord.Lets trust HIM.With God,i no dey fear any consular.Lets just be well prepared.@ all House members,thanx for all your prayers and wishes.I think we are One of the last set of fall.We shall al cme here to share our testimony.(Amen)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2010
@ Bomly,The Lord is with you.Please pray very well before.i believe by this time 2morow,u wl b here wt d Good news.Congrats.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by benom(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2010
@Ojap, @bomly,
congratulations in advance, grin grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by pizzler: 7:06pm On Aug 12, 2010
hi i m veri new hia n wld b requirn plenty of assistance. hope u ll all oblige me. i intend to study for a masters in journalism in a US school but all of the schools seem require a GPA of 3.0. i v a GPA of 2.4, wats d way forward. is dis d end of the road for me?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2010
Is the GPA On a scale of 5.0 Nigeria scale or has your GPA been evaluated by an evaluating agency by WES?If your GPA is 2.4(Nigeria).Then its U.S equivalence should be 2.6 or 2.7.You should be able to find schools that accept that.And no,thats not the en the road.All u need do is search the internet through google,braintrack,peterson etc.At worst,if admitted,they may ask you to take some courses to cover up.Bruv,u dnt expect us here to do all those searches for you bt i have given u a clue.I am also aware relevant experiences works for journalism.Gud luck.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by picckito: 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
hello house, i have a little problem and the problem is that u.s embassy has giving me two date for my interview one is 19th august another one is 23rd august so i don't  know what to do so which one will i chosen but remember That the first date the gave is 19th august before the now give me another one 23rd august pls house advice me for what to do. pls house

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.