Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546909 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2010
@ savemysoul: One more thing. When asked why u're going for B.sc & not masters, plss don't say it's because no US sch wil accept HND. Instead say "it's because u really wish to have a strong background in computer sci & not just to hav the degree". May GOD favour u, Amen.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 11:13pm On Aug 08, 2010
Hi Guys,

I have not been on this forum for a while but was impressed with your activities on this page when I came back online.

Can someone tell me how to make the sevis payment via western union (quickpay) option in Dallas, Texas? My brother can't seem to get the same payment form displayed on DHS website at the various cashpoints he visited.

Anyone with an idea how to go about it?

Thank you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2010
Hi Guys,

I have not been on this forum for a while but was impressed with your activities on this page when I came back online.

Can someone tell me how to make the sevis payment via western union (quickpay) option in Dallas, Texas? My brother can't seem to get the same payment form displayed on DHS website at the various cashpoints he visited.

Anyone with an idea how to go about it?

Thank you,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 11:48am On Aug 09, 2010
House,

Nah wa o, I was refused in Abuja today. well it's not easy but I will try again
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 1:07pm On Aug 09, 2010
got to the embassy, I saw the chiniese lady, she was in charge of finger print, after the finger print i sat down, it got to my turn, I walked up to the consular.

Me: Good morning
Consular: Good morning how are you today?
Me: I am fine thanks and you?
Consular: can I have your forms, 1-20, DS - 160 and passport
Me: I gave them to him
Consular: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes, to France, Belgium and the Emirate
Consular: Why do you want to go to the US?
Me: For study
Consular: To study what?
Me: Masters in Public Health
Consular: What is your discipline?
Me: I had a first degree in Biochemistry.
Consular: Do you work?
Me: No
Consular: Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes and showed him
Consular: How much did it cost you to register for this exam?
Me: $200
Consular: What is the quantitative part about?
Me: --------------
Consular: tell me about the Verbal part?
Me: It has to do with synonymy
Consular: I am sorry I cannot grant you a visa at this time
Me: Thanks for your time.

Nah so oo House, well I have intentions of trying again, I just pray to get a date, my school resumes on the 16th of August. I have purchase both the MRV and VFS appointment now i need a date.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by walegamat(m): 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
Am so happy,GOD has done it for me,just got my f-1 visa 30min ago,it is God my people.i wil paste questions and ans later.thanks everybody.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2010
@walegamat, congrats to u my name sake,
@bomly, dont give up, reapply and they will give you. There is no synonym part in GRE Verbal. Only antonym sections and word analogies(though some are in the form of synonym variants).

@house, I just arrived yankee, this is the place to be.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2010
Congrate walegamat. Prizu nice one, keep up the good focus.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2010
waleprizu:

@walegamat, congrats to u my name sake,
@bomly, dont give up, reapply and they will give you. There is no synonym part in GRE Verbal. Only antonym sections and word analogies(though some are in the form of synonym variants).

@house, I just arrived yankee, this is the place to be.

Happy for You bros, abeg, give us little details as per how much we can have on us, wat we would be asked at the P.O.E.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waleprizu: 3:14pm On Aug 09, 2010
@dj unit
At the POE, i was asked my passport, I20, I94 which they us in the plane, and customs declaration form. dont take up to 10k with you, any amount below is ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2010
House, Please I am Still expecting a response to my earlier post. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seniorak47(m): 6:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ Djunit; I guess you are in NYC. I may be heading your way soon! Can you tell us what your flight cost from Nija was like and how to get a good deal. Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by diddyken(m): 7:24pm On Aug 09, 2010
Hi guys,

Am fresh and need assistance.
I applied to UCMO and still waiting for my I-20,does anyone know how long it takes to process that?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by vandops(m): 7:31pm On Aug 09, 2010
diddy_ken:

Hi guys,

I applied to UCMO and still waiting for my I-20,does anyone know how long it takes to process that?

you have to be patient. u will recieve it so long as u gave a proper address, spring semester rite?

walegamat:

Am so happy,GOD has done it for me,just got my f-1 visa 30min ago,it is God my people.i wil paste questions and ans later.thanks everybody.

congrats man, welcome to the success train
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:33pm On Aug 09, 2010
@ diddy_ken,u get ur I-20 @ mst 2 wiks afta u submit ur financial docs.@ bomly,God wil be with u and i pray u get anoda date soonest.Infact,i knw 70% of d house wouldnt be expectin d type of question they asked u and if it were oda people,they wouldnt post their experience for others to learn from.But because u posted this,the Lord wil gv u a new date and ur Visa wil be given u so u cn share ur testimony.The Lord is with u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 7:35pm On Aug 09, 2010
@walegamat,i am hapi 4 u and pls share ur success story.We are anxiously waiting.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by walegamat(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
i cant stop saying thank you jesus for everything,when i enter according to the number,my number was suppose to be called but they called some other 2 people behind me and later they call me and one gambia man,the chinko woman no interview vis people,na visa lottery and some other people, 2 wicked people are the one interviewing people,i don lose hope,one nice guy later join them,i was suppose to be interview by the wicked guys but my lord surpriced me,one new nicest man came to a new counter and i was the next person, now my questions,

con:hello
me:good afternoon sir
con:your passport,i-20,vis fee reciept and vfs fee
me: i pass it to him
con:asked me to tell him about my school
me:i did
con:why did you choose economics
me:answered him
con:where will you like to work when you through with your studies
me:stock exchange or any finance house
con:asked me if am so good in math
me:yes
con:ask for my SAT result
me:saw it that i have high score in math
con:who is paying for my trip
me:my mother
con:what does she do?
me:she has a mini shopping mall
con:he was laughing and asked me were the mall is
me:ile-ife osun state
con:ask for letter from my mother staing his sponsoring me
me:showed him
con:asked m for his bank statement
me:showed him
con:checking my sevis fee online and find it it has not been comfirmed, he gave me green pick up paper and one white form and ask me to track it online that he will keep checking the sevis fee reciept for me,told me to not forget to take my i-20 form along with me when going to the airport.the guy is really nice and friendly,
thats all oooo,i thank God ooooo,i just paid the sevis fee at seme on friday thats why.yankee yankee here i comeoo
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nairaspace: 11:54pm On Aug 09, 2010
diddy_ken:

Hi guys,

did u get ur admssion ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by olule(m): 12:12am On Aug 10, 2010
Congrats to walegamat. I wish you the best in studies for yankee.

@bomly
So shocking they could ask questions as such. Please, keep your head high and give another try. Wish you the best next.

@house

House,please pray for me. I am going on Wednesday.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2010
Hello House,

I am still looking for appointment date, if anyone knows how to help me out with this please PM me. My school resumes on the 16th August. six days from today.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sanciro: 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2010
Hello house,can someone give the link to pay sevis fee online cos my bro wants to help me pay online from uk,i need response immediately from the house plssssssssss,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
Same with Bomly. I am still looking for a date. I went today, but the appointment was invalid. Still looking for a date with Bomly. Anyone that can help us out, we will really appreciate. I can send you my vfs and MRV receipts. Volunteers pls. contact me urgently. tessyfornet@yahoo.com. I heard the expedited appointment request can't work since it's less than months visa was denied. Anyway, i sent an e-mail and believing God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
waleprizu:

@dj unit
At the POE, i was asked my passport, I20, I94 which they us in the plane, and customs declaration form. dont take up to 10k with you, any amount below is ok.

Did they ask anything pertaining to your school fees?

seniorak47:

@ Djunit; I guess you are in NYC. I may be heading your way soon! Can you tell us what your flight cost from Nija was like and how to get a good deal. Thanks

Yes oooh it is NYC Baby! I got my ticket for $1,425 about 218,000 in Naira. I booked with Quartar but I understand that Turkish is cheaper.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
I am still in Naija but traveling this Month,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2010
All Nairalanders,another Golden opportunit from NDDC,All indigenes from the Niger Delta states who have gained admission into a post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign university,Engineering,Medicine,Computer Science/Technology,Geology,Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a minimum of 2.2 will be offered scholarship.I fink dis is a golden opportunity for those of us studying this fall.Visit www.nddc.gov.ng for more details.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by neroflick(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2010
OjaP:

All Nairalanders,another Golden opportunit from NDDC,All indigenes from the Niger Delta states who have gained admission into a post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a foreign university,Engineering,Medicine,Computer Science/Technology,Geology,Geosciences and Environmental Sciences with a minimum of 2.2 will be offered scholarship.I fink dis is a golden opportunity for those of us studying this fall.Visit www.nddc.gov.ng for more details.

Could you please throw more light on this? I've been to the site but can't find anything about it.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by OjaP: 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2010
D advertorial is on page 54 of today's The Nation newspaper.You can get a copy to read in details.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by DASLEEKY: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2010
@Walegamat, congrats, oya pass the sucess baton to OjaP joor

@bomly, you were probably asked those GRE Q's to ascertain if you prepared for/took the test ur self
& no, the test fee is $190.00 (was $180.00 earlier in the year though) the quantitative comprises the Quantitative Comparison, Problem Solving , Data Interpretation, all these and more available on the GRe site ofcos

@ other grad students going, it doesnt hurt to just know this small part, case in mind, after nairaspace 1st interview Q's, i go cram my sch state info such that when the same consular office(Mr Specks in lagos consulate) asked me the geo location, e remain small make i draw map give am, so lil things matter oh,

In this house, big things a gwan! nuff respect to all house members, max respect to all the vets too, I remain grateful
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by 4ril: 1:35am On Aug 11, 2010
got to the embassy, I saw the chiniese lady, she was in charge of finger print, after the finger print i sat down, it got to my turn, I walked up to the consular.

Me: Good morning
Consular: Good morning how are you today?
Me: I am fine thanks and you?
Consular: can I have your forms, 1-20, DS - 160 and passport
Me: I gave them to him
Consular: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: Yes, to France, Belgium and the Emirate
Consular: Why do you want to go to the US?
Me: For study
Consular: To study what?
Me: Masters in Public Health
Consular: What is your discipline?
Me: I had a first degree in Biochemistry.
Consular: Do you work?
Me: No
Consular: Did you take GRE?
Me: Yes and showed him
Consular: How much did it cost you to register for this exam?
Me: $200
Consular: What is the quantitative part about?
Me: --------------
Consular: tell me about the Verbal part?
Me: It has to do with synonymy
Consular: I am sorry I cannot grant you a visa at this time
Me: Thanks for your time.

Nah so oo House, well I have intentions of trying again, I just pray to get a date, my school resumes on the 16th of August. I have purchase both the MRV and VFS appointment now i need a date.

@ Bomly,
I'm really very sorry about that.

@ All
I used to think that Abuja is very promising for visa interviews. But with this Chinese woman there, is Abuja as safe as it is painted to be? Does it really make sense to leave the embassy very close to one in Lagos, subject oneself to unnecessary stress and go to Abuja and yet be denied by that Chinese woman? She asks u predictable questions, and I have not read of anyone who satisfied her. Do we still generalize that Abuja is the best despite the amounts of denials from that embassy lately?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seadog406: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2010
@ All
I used to think that Abuja is very promising for visa interviews. But with this Chinese woman there, is Abuja as safe as it is painted to be? Does it really make sense to leave the embassy very close to one in Lagos, subject oneself to unnecessary stress and go to Abuja and yet be denied by that Chinese woman? She asks u predictable questions, and I have not read of anyone who satisfied her. Do we still generalize that Abuja is the best despite the amounts of denials from that embassy lately?
[/b][/b][/b]

@House my own advice,Lagos or Abuja as soon as you get inside the final room,check out for the nice ones and very mean ones,and always use the rest room as many times as possible if you think the very mean ones will call up on you,and rejoin the queue from the back,and pray in the process ooo, Who's Next?

Captain Young M, Are we flying anytime soon??Fasten your seatbelt you guys, Here we go, We out Guys, see you guys in Obama land
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2010
@ God pikin

i mailed you, am yet to get ur reply

still waiting.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 9:07am On Aug 11, 2010
house i don get date for friday oh, make una pray for me ohhhh house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.