Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,093 members, 7,825,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546440 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2009
My guy,I dey pray make them no see my age at all.
Thanks so much.
Another thing,my interview is on the 17th and am expected b4 8am on 20th in my school.My questions is can my passport and visa be give b4 the usual 2days and can I get flight that will live b4 20th.
[quote][/quote]

What date is on your I-20? Is it the 20th.?
As long as you touch base in yankee on the 20th, you shouldn't have much issues. Even if you arrive later, you can explain to the officer at the POE that you received your visa late.
The minimum wait time for your visa is 2days. I don't think it will be earlier than 2days.
You can get a flight but be prepared to get irregular flights. Like flying to turkey, qatar, or dubai first because i doubt you'll get a flight on Delta with such short notice.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ echemicheal

I see lots of RED FLAGS in your application

1. Your age(though can be sorted out if u can sweet talk them)

2. Company Bankstatements(why is the company sponsoring ur education (4 3yrs shocked),what does the comapny stand to gain by sponsoring ur education.

3. Sponsor not ur parents. . . . . . .another crimson blood flag

Just follow A-towns instruction and u might be good to go.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 20, 2009
Cheers.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2009
One thing i have learnt from my little experience of getting a visa in nija is if i cant convince myself or greatest critic with my documents reasons why i should be issued a visa then i stand little or no chance of getting it.

So always ask urself,am i convinced enoff to issue my self a visa if i were the consular?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 6:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
hello folks, gongo ti so!!!
lets switch to celebration mode, was given my F1 visa today!!!
much thanks to all contributors on this thread, from the initial poster to every 1 of us.
as asiil put it, its purely God's grace.
as per details, no documents were requested from me ofcos except the appointment forms and i20.
questions,
why this school, wat uni did u finish from and av u ever been denied, i said no. and that was it.
for people that were refused, reasons bordered from inability to provide straight answers, so please people try not to stutter much and know a great deal about your course of study.
wish all who havent recieved theirs God's favour.
cheers cool

2 Likes

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by james2man: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
@gongon aso congrat i'm happy for you,many more success to come your way,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
Gongo SOOOOOOOOOO

I am happy for u bro. . . . . .i knew u'd get it.

Congrats.

Down south here u come!!!!!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ Gongo ,  Congrats bro

@ A Town,you're too much, with the great advice. More grace to your elbow bro.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2009
Whao! Congrats Gongo Aso. I have moved to celebratn mode for you.Well done!

If not for the lack of time,i would have said we should all have a Success Party,where we all can have fun and plan well and get better advice on how to excel in US and make folks and Nigeria proud.

We thank God for success!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by waffigbo(m): 11:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
oooo got my e-passport back now, Am a happy camper
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wealthboos(m): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2009
I just cannot figure out why people die to live in the USA that keeps embarrassing people at their embassy when one can make bulk of the Euro in western Europe. I for one don't like like country. Even if you manage to get in there with your student's visa, the level of restriction and monitoring is high. Instead of me traveling to that land, I better stay in my country home. I have been able to find out the easiest means of traveling to western Europe. For the interested nairalanders! I will surely be there after my masters here in Nigeria. If you really wish to join spring semester thats January, 2001, you must apply now and send your supporting documents before 15th of August thats next month.
life is all about touching lives.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 23, 2009
wealthboos:

I just cannot figure out why people die to live in the USA that keeps embarrassing people at their embassy when one can make bulk of the Euro in western Europe. I for one don't like like country. Even if you manage to get in there with your student's visa, the level of restriction and monitoring is high. Instead of me traveling to that land, I better stay in my country home. I have been able to find out the easiest means of traveling to western Europe. For the interested nairalanders! I will surely be there after my masters here in Nigeria. If you really wish to join spring semester thats January, 2001, you must apply now and send your supporting documents before 15th of August thats next month.

Thanks bros we appreciate ur concern,but this thread still remains USA STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES,u can create a thread for ur western europe schools cool cool cool

cheers mate

3 Likes

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2009
Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax i submitted with my application -pls check full story on the General Uk enquiries thread.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2009
@ Yettidear

Oh God ! Yes I remember you,with the whole tax clearance,and viviko saga. I am so happy for you ! And proud of you dear,congrats. This is one of the best stories on NL !
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2009
@ A-town

I appreciate the contributions you made earlier concerning people that are above 23 yrs, but there's something you wrote that i'm not very comfortable with and that is telling the embassy that you've not been able to enter a nigerian school due to JAMB problem. Don't you think this will make them to refuse you a visa based on the fact that they feel if you can't get into a nigerian school then you're not good enough for america.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2009
@kadman

Thanks alot.i remember you too,you were one of the ppl that tried helping me out.Thanks for your help.

I was surprised too,but all thanks to God.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2009
yettidear:

Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax i submitted with my application -pls check full story on the General Uk enquiries thread.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.

wow !

yetunde, congratulations ! smiley wink kiss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2009
afam4eva:

@ A-town

I appreciate the contributions you made earlier concerning people that are above 23 yrs, but there's something you wrote that i'm not very comfortable with and that is telling the embassy that you've not been able to enter a nigerian school due to JAMB problem. Don't you think this will make them to refuse you a visa based on the fact that they feel if you can't get into a nigerian school then you're not good enough for america.

The reason i suggested such is because it sometimes helps to just tell the truth. I mean what other reason could you have for not getting into a Nigerian University for 5yrs. I'm guessing you probably graduated high school at 18.
Trust me, they know it's easier to get into American Universitites. SAT is pure water. JAMB on the other hand, well, life could be much better without jamb.

Anyway, you could also go there with your past Jamb results (if you have them) to buttress your point.
It's only a suggestion. I'm not telling you that if you tell them about jamb that they'll give you a visa oooooooooooooo
Like i said earlier, they may not even question your age. Let's hope you're one of the lucky ones.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by asil: 1:57am On Jul 24, 2009
@ Gongo aso & Yettidear, conratulations to u guys.

@ house, I wish you guys the very best in all your endeavours, put God first and He shall perfect all things.

There is nothing much to gist you guys about my interview, i just want to testify to God's favour. I wasn't given my visa immediately, infact i wasn't questioned concerning the usual stuffs. After exchange of greetings, the young female consular(not the person i wished for coz she refused all the 4 people she saw before me) just asked to see my I-20 and said do i have pple in us, i said yes, my brother (citizen) and mother(permanent resident). She then asked to see stuffs(bank statement then letter from his employer) from him (guess this is coz he's one of my sponsors, main sponsor was family friend/uncle - she wasn't interested in anything from him). This was the end of my interview. She became rattled, asked her collegues questions, checked her system and documents for over 15mins, she then gave me a paper for administrative processing.
I wasn't happy but i thanked God it was not an outright refusal. She said I should not bother to keep in touch, that they'd call me later , whenever. I prayed and God answered, by 9a.m next day i got a call that i shd come with my passport for my visa. Coincidentally, I saw the same lady and she apologised and told me my visa will be ready in 2 days. Thank God that can do ALL things.

3 Likes

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2009
@Funkybaby

Thanks alot! I will never forget your tremendous help when i got into that mess.i appreciate you.

@asil

Congrats too!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 26, 2009
asil:

@ Gongo aso & Yettidear, conratulations to u guys.

@ house, I wish you guys the very best in all your endeavours, put God first and He shall perfect all things.

There is nothing much to gist you guys about my interview, i just want to testify to God's favour. I wasn't given my visa immediately, infact i wasn't questioned concerning the usual stuffs. After exchange of greetings, the young female consular(not the person i wished for coz she refused all the 4 people she saw before me) just asked to see my I-20 and said do i have pple in us, i said yes, my brother (citizen) and mother(permanent resident). She then asked to see stuffs(bank statement then letter from his employer) from him (guess this is coz he's one of my sponsors, main sponsor was family friend/uncle - she wasn't interested in anything from him). This was the end of my interview. She became rattled, asked her collegues questions, checked her system and documents for over 15mins, she then gave me a paper for administrative processing.
I wasn't happy but i thanked God it was not an outright refusal. She said I should not bother to keep in touch, that they'd call me later , whenever. I prayed and God answered, by 9a.m next day i got a call that i shd come with my passport for my visa. Coincidentally, I saw the same lady and she apologised and told me my visa will be ready in 2 days. Thank God that can do ALL things.

They were probably running a check on your mum or sibling. Maybe your name came up on their watch list and they had to do a background check. Someone might have used a name similar to use to cause some yawa in the past. It could also be that the lady was a trainee and was just fffing up. Anyway u got ur visa. Enjoy ur stay in the land of the free
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2009
Hey Guys, just joined the celebration o, my visa was granted yesterday!!! grin grin grin

Most importantly I want to say a big thank you to God cos it really was just God o.
First the only thing the guy asked for was my Financial statement and that he was even complaining that the balance was less than what the school required by a few thousand dollars. I just told him the amount covered tuition and the school got their figures by giving a high estimate of accomodation and living expenses. Told him i have confirmed my accomodation already and it doesnt cost as much. then he asked me how ill finance the second year if this statement shows exactly what i need for a year. I told him the account is not a fixed account and has got mony rolling in regularly. wink

How many schools did i apply to? my uncle who is my sponsor is he my guardian? what does he do? how many schools accepted me? some courses i would take? do i have anybody in the US? how and why i chose my school?
all in all, he was silent for so long just checking and rechecking my financial statements and I-20 while i was standing there trying to act all casual and i was praying hard in my mind. He handed me all my documents except my passport, explained to me that i would need my I-20 at the point of entry to the US and gave me the VFS address!!!!

Just want to thank those of you that have contributed on this thread, thanks a lot, uve all been a big help and a source of encouragement through all this.

2 Likes

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2009
Congrats Toyosi,

All the best in Gods own country
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
@toyosi
a big congratulations to u.
more grease to ur elbow and ankles, grin cheesy grin
@ others yet to appear
note she gave answers to all questions. just endeavour to give a reply to the questions you may be asked (good or bad).
wish you Godspeed.

wealthboos:

femilangy:

Thanks bros we appreciate ur concern,but this thread still remains USA STUDENT VISA ENQUIRIES,u can create a thread for ur western europe schools cool cool cool

cheers mate

grin cheesy grin tongue lipsrsealed
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kamu: 12:22am On Jul 29, 2009
Hey guys,
Nice posting and useful info
My case is slightly different and would like advice on what u think is going on and what to do.
My interview was held last week Wed and the plan was that I pick up my passport and visa from VFS two days later ( which suppose to be Friday). As at this all info available on VFS website is that my passport is still not available to pick up. I brought this to VFS attenttion and all I was asked is to wait or call the embassy ( that was as at today) and I have still not being able to reach the embassy by phone and no reply to my email to them yet.
Anyone with similar experience may please share it.
Thanks
Kamu
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by MOM1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hello Guys, If you have never applied for a U.S Visa, i think the best place to do that is the Abuja post but if you had ever been denied before,well everything depends on God for you to get the visa.Fresh applicants get your documents right and hit the Abuja post, I can bet my life with it you will get the visa, All the best palzzzzzzzzz
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 3:40pm On Jul 29, 2009
@ everyone, thanks to you all, got my e-passport back today grin F1 Visa life and direct!!! all praise to GOD. Nairalanders, US Student visa thread contributors, you guys are the best, keep it up. I thank God for my testimony and I hope it will also assist someone else. Gongo aso, echemichael and femilangy, Thanks a lot to you all.

I forgot to mention here that it was a tough one getting an appointment date after i booked 15th of june online by myself but didnt know about the SEVIS payment. I got there and i was turned back at the gate on the 15th of june. after making the payment it took me over a month of worrying and headache throughout which i kept exchanging emails with them at the embassy, they finally gave me 17th august , few days to resumption(21st august), had to pay 25k to those guys at the cabin in from of the embassy(because 17th was just too late) and Miraculously a date appeared on such short notice that i was dazed smiley.

Anyway nothing is impossible with God guys.It is well with us all.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2009
toyosiwemi:

@ everyone, thanks to you all, got my e-passport back today grin F1 Visa life and direct!!! all praise to GOD. Nairalanders, US Student visa thread contributors, you guys are the best, keep it up. I thank God for my testimony and I hope it will also assist someone else. Gongo aso, echemichael and femilangy, Thanks a lot to you all.

I forgot to mention here that it was a tough one getting an appointment date after i booked 15th of june online by myself but didnt know about the SEVIS payment. I got there and i was turned back at the gate on the 15th of june. after making the payment it took me over a month of worrying and headache throughout which i kept exchanging emails with them at the embassy, they finally gave me 17th august , few days to resumption(21st august), had to pay 25k to those guys at the cabin in from of the embassy(because 17th was just too late) and Miraculously a date appeared on such short notice that i was dazed smiley.

Anyway nothing is impossible with God guys.It is well with us all.

Congratulobiaaa.
Anyway, i heard about this date thing and thought it was bullocks until you confirmed it. So people can actually pay to get a date na wa oo. I thought the people saying it were just out to scam peeps.
Did the date appear on the VFS site or you received an email that your interview date has been confirmed. Abi they simply just let you in after paying 25 grand?
Don't "hoard" info ooo. lol. I'm sure some peeps are still trying to secure dates and may want to know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 30, 2009
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by toyosiwemi(f): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2009
@A-town

lol, Its still the same process and not a scam. You can actually do it yourself is you have time and resources to sit in front of the website and constantly refreshing the page.
you go to the bank, pay your 3,500 and give them all your details and the vfs receipt number. What these guys actually do is that they operate like a cafe with a group of computers and they are constantly on that site. They can afford to catch an open window of someone dropping a date or rescheduling. (Heard its a cartel job and they have people in the embassy who hold the dates who will inform them when they want to release the dates, dont know how true that is).All they do is book online for you and then you go and pick up the appointment letter which they print for you and you can confirm the appointment on the website. they cant guarantee you but they will surely try there best cos they dont get their pay until you have your letter in your hand.

Although maybe i should say the scam there is that i heard all these people sometimes book all available dates and so keep people that need the dates from getting the dates and coming to them, then they charge you, go to the site, drop the date or reschedule and pick it for you.
This is Naija, people always find away around things to make money for themselves. undecided

For me, I went to the bank , payed, didnt even know anyone their , just wrote down all my details and went there, told them what i needed and got a call the next morning to come and pick my letter. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.