Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:00 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547839 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2011
@House, is there any University that give out Scholarship for spring? any idea pls?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
One way economy ticket ooo. I don't think u can even get a 230 ticket to london at dis time. Trhis is peack period.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gbenge77(m): 9:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^Wow,thats an astronomical increase.These foreign airlines have got extortionist tendencies.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cutegirly: 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Keep blowing grammar while the seats are still getting filled up regardless of the price
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 11:52pm On Aug 06, 2011
You guys can try royal air maroc.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by seedord247(m): 12:46am On Aug 07, 2011
have you try emirate yet?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaykoc: 9:43am On Aug 07, 2011
hi guys, can some1 tell me how many days it takes to pick up your visa package from the day of interview?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 10:16am On Aug 07, 2011
Hello brothers, i ave been following this thread for sometime now and u guys are gr8 and wonderful people.I want to appreciate everyone for their gr8 contributions.Please were can i get a good centre to write my SAT in Nigeria.Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2011
I want to go for undergraduate study in biological science or computer science.please can anyone help me with cheap and affordable tuition schools in Usa.Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 1:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
Brainpower, use www.usnews.com. You will be able to review and compare between schools.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by djunit1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 07, 2011
jaykoc:

hi guys, can some1 tell me how many days it takes to pick up your visa package from the day of interview?

It is usually available after two business days. Mine was ready the next day but picked it up after two days cos I had to travel back to ABJ to pick it up.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by omotohhawt(f): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Brainpower 365. The only official SAT/CollegeBoard representative in Nigeria is GIEVA, their address is 51/52, Kingsway Building( 2nd floor), Via Martins Street, Opp TFC Marina, Lagos. Tel No: 07035250344, 01-7417429. You can register for the SAT with them.

The next exam is OCT 1, u may need to contact them on time as the deadline for international students is different from what is www.collegeboard.com/sat. You choose what center you want to write your exam at when you pick up the form, as at when I wrote there were 3 centers in lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2011
@imperiousxx. Thank for the reply.please can u help me with the address of a good SAT centre in Nigeria.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2011
@omotohhawt. Thanks very much.i will check them out tomorrow.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Adolite. Please brother were exactly did you write your SAT1 and TOEFL.I really need your assistance.Hope to read back from you soon.Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by imperiouxx(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2011
Sorry, I don't know anything about SAT. I think you are satisfied with that omotohhawt's discription.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Adolite(m): 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Brainpower,  I did it in AbJ maitama model college,u can do the exams in any center in nigeria, if u  are in lag , better u do it there
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jaykoc: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
djunit1:

It is usually available after two business days. Mine was ready the next day but picked it up after two days cos I had to travel back to ABJ to pick it up.
thanks bro, i appreciate.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by bobell: 6:09pm On Aug 07, 2011
@House plz anybody going for interview on the 15th of Aug @lagos, cos i hav an appointment that day and i need ur suggestion on hw to get the F1 student visa,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Brainpower365: 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Adolite,@imperiousxx.THANKS for ur response.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by USBound: 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
@HOUSE: Is there any qualms with purchasing a ONE-WAY TICKET? My sponsor is insisting on a return ticket? Do F-1 students get disturbed when flying with a one-way ticket? Please reply.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Abats4naija: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
@usbound

No, they only insist that people visiting for less than 6months get a return ticket/date
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 11:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
My interview is only a few days away. Am so anxious but i have faith that GOD will see me through.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by phy: 12:56am On Aug 08, 2011
USBound:

@HOUSE: Is there any qualms with purchasing a ONE-WAY TICKET? My sponsor is insisting on a return ticket? Do F-1 students get disturbed when flying with a one-way ticket? Please reply.
There is no issue with buying a one way ticket. Just buy anything that suits you. At times return ticket could even be cheaper than one way.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ifecx4real: 1:02am On Aug 08, 2011
ANY IDEA ON THE GOOD COUNTER AND THE ONES TO IGNORE.
BASICALLY LAST MINUTE ADVICE.
THANKS
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 1:41am On Aug 08, 2011
ifecx4real:

ANY IDEA ON THE GOOD COUNTER AND THE ONES TO IGNORE.
BASICALLY LAST MINUTE ADVICE.
THANKS
guy cool down, though i have never been there b4 but from the post of guys that have been there recently i dont think you will be able to influence the counter that you would be called for your interview.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 1:44am On Aug 08, 2011
fun2sho:

guy cool down, though i have never been there b4 but from the post of guys that have been there recently i dont think you will be able to influence the counter that you would be called for your interview.
, that is if your interview is in Lagos.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by fun2sho(m): 2:01am On Aug 08, 2011
sheway:

@HOUSE: My interview is for 10 am. Should I get there by 7 am or just chill till 9 am? Please those who went to LAGOS for interviews recently, pls reply.

@HOUSE: Recent applicants to the LAGOS EMBASSY, please identify who the consulars are and if there's anyone like the chinko woman in ABUJA to avoid?

Since your interview is 10 am, I dont see any point in you getting there as early as 7 am. You will have to hang somewhere till 9:50 am when they start calling 10 am applicant so its advisable to get there around 9:30. And also, I'm not sure if you could avoid consulars in the Lagos consulate. You will be given a ticket with a number at the interview center entrance. The computer will call your ticket number when it get to your turn, to go to the next available consular for your interview. Your ticket number will appear on a screen at the consular post already so i dont think you will be able to avoid it. If you dont stand up when they call your ticket number, they make skip you and you may not have the chance to get interviewed again. Just pray for the best result from any consular u are directed to. Good luck buddy.

@House
Plz correct me if the arrrangement have changed.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Sicherheit(m): 2:14am On Aug 08, 2011
fun2sho:

@House
Plz correct me if the arrrangement have changed.

There are some things common sense should carry now. Why do you need someone else to tell you to get to the embassy on time or what the arrangement is? As long as you are early, have the neccessary papers and you conduct yourself properly, I don't think whether you stand with your left leg up to collect ticket or you salute before you sit down will change anything.
The way you people do this visa thing sef, person will think it is more than it is.undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jamiu4real(m): 5:41am On Aug 08, 2011
@Sicherheit na wah oo i don't belief the kind of questions the guy is asking, i don't think the guy have attended any business office before because he sound like someone who has not use with everyday office activity, anyway God will help you brother go get your visa , God go help you ok.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 11:15am On Aug 08, 2011
HEllo,, Great nairalanders, my interview is on the 25th of Aug, abj, i am going for a graduate course(ECONOMICS in CSUEASTBAY, I dont have any test scores cos it wasnt required, And my admission was based on my transcript,and computer certificate,

please i need advice on what might happen at the embassy or what i should tell the V.O, when HE/She asks for my test scores, And any possible question the V.O might want to ask me on Academics.based on Economics.

Please anybody with a good advice should comment ASAP.

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nellywho(f): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2011
HI, ANYONE GOING TO THE ABUJA EMBASSY ON THE 18TH??HOLLA AT ME

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.