Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,423 members, 7,836,688 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546911 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2009
nethacker:

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo my pple,i hv been told to come for my visa on Monday ooooo .This NL is too informative. I love y'all cheesy cheesy cheesy

is it possible to meet up with january admission if i vnt gotten my i-20 yet.pls advise
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2009
guydudu:

is it possible to meet up with january admission if i vnt gotten my i-20 yet.pls advise

Yes, it is possible, why havent you gotten your i-20 ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by guydudu: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2009
sayhi2ay:

Yes, it is possible, why havent you gotten your i-20 ?

I just applied to the school last week.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 8:14pm On Oct 29, 2009
guydudu:

I just applied to the school last week.

Once a decision is made and you get admitted, just have them send your the I-20 number so you can schedule an interview, and also have them [b]FedEx [/b]the I-20 to you.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2009
I told you!!! I told you!!!! I told you!!!!! Now, can we get the party started?!

Congrats bruv. I knew it was going to happen that way. Thanks to God, thanks to nairaland, thanks to everybody. More and more news should come soon.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
Hey LK, post the progress here . . . . I am waiting cool I need the address for the bottle of ACE grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2009
nethacker:

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo my pple,i hv been told to come for my visa on Monday ooooo .This NL is too informative. I love y'all cheesy cheesy cheesy

congrats bro, happy for ya!
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 9:25am On Oct 30, 2009
Congrats nethacker, i knew they were going to give you, waiting for the questions asked ooooooooooooo,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2009
Here was how the interview went after we greeted:

[b]Q: u wanna go to d US? =Yes
Q:Wat course? = Electrical(he looked @my I-20)
Q:How many schools? = 4
Q:y did u choose this sch? = cos thats d only sch dat gave me the programme of my choice(He looked @my I-20 again)
Q:how did u knw about d sch? = Petersons.com
Q:Hv u applied b4? = yes,April 30 2008
Q:which sch? = Fulton montgomerry community college.
Q:Who was sponsoring u then? = My uncle
Q:what does he do? = works with exxonmobil
Q:Who is sponsoring u now?=My father
Q:Why was your father not sponsoring u then? =My sister was in UK for her Master's then so my father decline n told me to wait till 2009(he smiled)
Q:wat does your father do?= i told him
Q:Wat does your sister do? = she works with popsy
Q:why r u not working with your dad? =cos i am not a business person.I am a technical person that believes in using numerical methods to solve technical problems besides his business is of no importance to my course of study(at this tym he looked @my work ID card which i hung around my neck)
Q:so u work with bank XYZ ?=yes.(he thoroughly checked my dad's statement and reference letter frm him)
Q:hw long hv u been working here? =over 3yrs(I showd him a recommendation letter frm my employer stating my salary n payslips attached)
Q:Does your present job relate to wat u wanna go and study? =yes; Q:Wats your role?= Electrical n computer network technician
Q:What r your job functions? = I explained 2 him in details n believe me pple,he took his time to listen(at this point,we turned it into discussion n i was shocked)
Q:Are u going 2 come back home?=Sure I will for my NYSC so i can actively participate in politics n hold a political post cos i want to work for d FGN.(he nodded n smiled)
Q:Has your father ever travelled?= No; Q:Why?= cos he can't leave his business for anywhere n he always want to be with us.
Q:Do u hv anybody in US?=No ; Q:Are u sure ?=Yes : Q:Not even a cousin,friend,girlfriend or anybody? =I hv no one.If i have its a pride to me
Q:But I can c your name here dat some1 listed u as a cousin(At this point i was scared but still stood my ground)=Nope not me perhaps some1 else n a mistaken Identity.B4 i can believe u can i see d pix of d person bearing my name if it looks like me?(he laughed n said u r nt serious).Its ok.
  at this point,he type somethin and click. then he turn to me and ask
Q:I can see u hav $4000 scholarship?=Yes; Q:y were u given? = Cos of my academic performance while in Yabatech.(He checked my SSCE and ND results thoroughly.He smiled)
Q:Can u pls explain to me d difference btw a transformer and a regulator?  shocked shocked (I was amazed cos I wasnt expectin this @all).I pieces d thing for am and even drew diagrams for him dat he was so impressed.After that,he typed again and click something then he scrolled down(perhaps he checked my scores maybe i qualify).
  finally he said,"Ok sir,u hv really proved to me dat u r qualified to study in USA.Go 2 dis address to pick up your visa on Monday.we wish u safe trip to US and make sure u make your dad proud.[/b]

That was it, Other consulars have interviewed 3pple while i was doing mine  which lasted for like 10mins.I no believe @ all  shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2009
nethacker:

Here was how the interview went after we greeted:

[b]Q: u wanna go to d US? =Yes
Q:Wat course? = Electrical(he looked @my I-20)
Q:How many schools? = 4
Q:y did u choose this sch? = cos thats d only sch dat gave me the programme of my choice(He looked @my I-20 again)
Q:how did u knw about d sch? = Petersons.com
Q:Hv u applied b4? = yes,April 30 2008
Q:which sch? = Fulton montgomerry community college.
Q:Who was sponsoring u then? = My uncle
Q:what does he do? = works with exxonmobil
Q:Who is sponsoring u now?=My father
Q:Why was your father not sponsoring u then? =My sister was in UK for her Master's then so my father decline n told me to wait till 2009(he smiled)
Q:wat does your father do?= i told him
Q:Wat does your sister do? = she works with popsy
Q:why r u not working with your dad? =cos i am not a business person.I am a technical person that believes in using numerical methods to solve technical problems besides his business is of no importance to my course of study(at this tym he looked @my work ID card which i hung around my neck)
Q:so u work with bank XYZ ?=yes.(he thoroughly checked my dad's statement and reference letter frm him)
Q:hw long hv u been working here? =over 3yrs(I showd him a recommendation letter frm my employer stating my salary n payslips attached)
Q:Does your present job relate to wat u wanna go and study? =yes; Q:Wats your role?= Electrical n computer network technician
Q:What r your job functions? = I explained 2 him in details n believe me pple,he took his time to listen(at this point,we turned it into discussion n i was shocked)
Q:Are u going 2 come back home?=Sure I will for my NYSC so i can actively participate in politics n hold a political post cos i want to work for d FGN.(he nodded n smiled)
Q:Has your father ever travelled?= No; Q:Why?= cos he can't leave his business for anywhere n he always want to be with us.
Q:Do u hv anybody in US?=No ; Q:Are u sure ?=Yes : Q:Not even a cousin,friend,girlfriend or anybody? =I hv no one.If i have its a pride to me
Q:But I can c your name here dat some1 listed u as a cousin(At this point i was scared but still stood my ground)=Nope not me perhaps some1 else n a mistaken Identity.B4 i can believe u can i see d pix of d person bearing my name if it looks like me?(he laughed n said u r nt serious).Its ok.
  at this point,he type somethin and click. then he turn to me and ask
Q:I can see u hav $4000 scholarship?=Yes; Q:y were u given? = Cos of my academic performance while in Yabatech.(He checked my SSCE and ND results thoroughly.He smiled)
Q:Can u pls explain to me d difference btw a transformer and a regulator?  shocked shocked (I was amazed cos I wasnt expectin this @all).I pieces d thing for am and even drew diagrams for him dat he was so impressed.After that,he typed again and click something then he scrolled down(perhaps he checked my scores maybe i qualify).
  finally he said,"Ok sir,u hv really proved to me dat u r qualified to study in USA.Go 2 dis address to pick up your visa on Monday.we wish u safe trip to US and make sure u make your dad proud.[/b]

That was it, Other consulars have interviewed 3pple while i was doing mine  which lasted for like 10mins.I no believe @ all  shocked shocked shocked

This is what i call getting your visa the hard way men it is not easy, but we were prepared for this in NL, Who is next,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by smile4kenn(m): 3:13pm On Oct 30, 2009
@nethacker

I believe you right from day1,

Congrats oo, Welcome to United States
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by emmablow11(m): 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2009
@nethacker

Congrats,your replies proved you really worked hard!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 3:30pm On Oct 30, 2009
smile4kenn:

@nethacker

I believe you right from day1,

Congrats oo, Welcome to United States
Thx bro. I told u we go do dat newyear together na

emmablow11:

@nethacker

Congrats,your replies proved you really worked hard!
Its really a hard work with research.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 3:37pm On Oct 30, 2009
@nethacker
am so pleased with your replies.
shows just how prepared you were. gave an answer to every question.
and that is a trick peeps should learn. answer every question and never appear lost to a question.

about the transformer and regulator part, no need to be scared for other peeps. i bet you the embassy official might not know jack about that. he's just testing your spontaneity. for other peeps, if you are asked such, just say something related to what you are asked.

embassy interview isn't rocket science.
good luck to the remaining hopefuls
cool
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2009
@nethacker
congrats o. . .all the best in your studies
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by TheSeeker(m): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2009
Nice piece of work, LK.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by davidsoj: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2009
@ nethacker: this is ur guy suxes2oo5. So happy for you jare,

Wen are you goin as i need u next week 2 help pay ma sevis fee

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 9:18am On Nov 01, 2009
please can any one tell me if your sponsor is not your father , how can you convince them. nethacker this is jcross19 i don't know what i have done on here , i was banned.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
Who is the next person goin 4 interview?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by ksagirl(f): 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2009
suxes2005 i didnt get you, about this untrue story
to get money undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cooldoss: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2009
People , I have some issues here ,  most of my documents are ready , appointment , i-20, sevis fee , statement, etc they are ready . since i am doing an english Program, i havent done toefl yet , I need advice , My Interveiw is  on the 30th.  is it a  must i do toefl or what? and what other things would i need to add to my documents ?    i am adding my statement with my brother's for the sponsoring ,  
and if i must do toefl , how do i go about it ? anybody i can contact about the exam? i reside in lagos ,

share your idea please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2009
davidsoj:

@ nethacker: this is your guy suxes2oo5. So happy for you jare,

Wen are you goin as i need u next week 2 help pay ma sevis fee

SHALOM
When do u wanna pay for d sevis?I have pple who i want to help pay for so be fast abt it.IM me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com
cooldoss:

People , I have some issues here ,  most of my documents are ready , appointment , i-20, sevis fee , statement, etc they are ready . since i am doing an english Program, i havent done toefl yet , I need advice , My Interveiw is  on the 30th.  is it a  must i do toefl or what? and what other things would i need to add to my documents ?    i am adding my statement with my brother's for the sponsoring ,  
and if i must do toefl , how do i go about it ? anybody i can contact about the exam? i reside in lagos ,

share your idea please.

I dnt think ur toefl really matters.different strokes for different folks.The fact dat i was nt ask doesnt mean u won't be ask but i think it depends on how u sweet-talk the consular sha, Best of luck,
@house,I just picked my visa this morning, Best of luck peeps wink wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
my man nethacker , please can you tell me if your dress code matter alot
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2009
jcross22:

my man nethacker , please can you tell me if your dress code matter alot
believe me it does matter my guy, It earned me some points though. wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
okay, so you mean what ever you says earn some marks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by brilantio: 11:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
@all, hw do i write the letter of support from parents
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2009
ksa-girl:

suxes2005 i didnt get you, about this untrue story
to get money undecided

Which untrue story? I cnt understand u, Just willin 2 know so that we wish u best of luck,

When do u wanna pay for d sevis?I have pple who i want to help pay for so be fast abt it.IM me on val2rhyme@yahoo.com

Expectin my I-20 first, Will holla @ u when I`m ready.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2009
@ nethacker: Did u pay application fee to ur college? I have been searching but there is nothin like application fee associated with the school. Kidnly update me.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2009
guys my interview is less than 2 weeks i need word of encouragement from u guys.Though am confident.I got to prepare for my interview so no time .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 10:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
oyewolejos:

guys my interview is less than 2 weeks i need word of encouragement from u guys.Though am confident.I got to prepare for my interview so no time .

Ore bawo ni?

I av been tryin 2 tak 2 u on fone but d network is kinda bad. where u dey now? We got to talk on fone shey u know?
anyways, i wish you best of luck sha

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by cooldoss: 12:17am On Nov 04, 2009
Thanks House , God will help us all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2009
all guys in the house believe in God and trust in God. Look from all the testimonies of those who are successful there is a common clause in their testimonies on here which is HOW DO YOU WANT TO PROOF TO ME THAT YOU ARE COMING BACK and WHO IS YOUR SPONSOR. think about this all they want know if your sponsor have the stability in his/her economy and your politeness determine alots so please be a GOOD LISTENER AND BETTER ANSWER. my own interview come up in next two weeks. May God be with us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.