Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547127 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gebarday: 10:49am On Nov 05, 2009
Hi guy, NL has really helped me alot.thanks to Seun and his crew. plz i av a question, i just got my I 20 for masters program, im married, fully employed, can u guys please help me with any other document that might needed at the embassy. thank u.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:15am On Nov 05, 2009
Gebarday:

Hi guy, NL has really helped me alot.thanks to Seun and his crew. plz i av a question, i just got my I 20 for masters program, im married, fully employed, can u guys please help me with any other document that might needed at the embassy. thank u.
go with ur bank statement and marriage certificate.Show them u hv been working for more than 3yrs .believe me they r always particular abt those things i just mentioned, Good luck wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by eyonigger(m): 11:53pm On Nov 05, 2009
Guys do you have any idea of Royal Air Moroc booking address in Lagos i checked their website but no information, i need to book asap,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 06, 2009
@ Wems,
I think you should check @ the int'l airport,i remember seeing there office on the second floor on sunday.

But do they go to MN?lemme me know when u find out.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 9:03am On Nov 06, 2009
people in the house , a friend from the state help me to pay for my sevis but the problem now is that he made mistake instead my address will be on it he put his address on it, so please i hope that can jeopadize me at the interview whish will comes up some days coming, please i need your responds
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by wems002: 9:25am On Nov 06, 2009
@ femilangy
my sister said they fly from Lagos to Casablanca then to NY from NY to MSP. Minneapolis or they pass through houston and its nice
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by spikedcylinder: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2009
eyonigger:

Guys do you have any idea of Royal Air Moroc booking address in Lagos i checked their website but no information, i need to book asap,

Tetrazzinni Building on Akin Adesola, VI.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:54am On Nov 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Tetrazzinni Building on Akin Adesola, VI.
Guy u r d bomb men.Just beside my office.Let me quickly go check them up.
jcross22:

people in the house , a friend from the state help me to pay for my sevis but the problem now is that he made mistake instead my address will be on it he put his address on it, so please i hope that can jeopadize me at the interview whish will comes up some days coming, please i need your responds
it cant as long as u hv paid d required fees and it is confirmed.Just print the internet generated I-797 receipt and take it along with you 2 d embassy for they can always confirm.Moreso dnt wait for the original cos d internet generated is also valid @ any port of entry in US. I hope that answers your question  wink wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2009
thanks so much BRO , i appreciate yuor contribution so much God ill be with you nethacker
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by afrodoc(m): 6:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
hi everyone especially the experts in the house i.e a town,gongo aso femilangy e.t.c congrats to nethacker also.i am a 29 yr old medical doctor and i plan to study for my masters in pub health next yr in the U.S and since i did quite well in the GRE i hope to get a full scholarship,pls i would like to know if having a great personal statement of bank accounts is crucial if u r going on a full scholarship.i hope ii will get very informative but polite answers,thanx all
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by afrodoc(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2009
When i said bank statements,i meant 4 d visa interview.i mean do they bother alot abt ur own finances if u r going on a full scholarship?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by brilantio: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2009
@all, is it advisable to take two diffrent bank statement from the same sponsor to the interview
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by gongoaso1: 9:22am On Nov 07, 2009
afrodoc:

hi everyone especially the experts in the house i.e a town,gongo aso femilangy e.t.c congrats to nethacker also.i am a 29 yr old medical doctor and i plan to study for my masters in pub health next yr in the U.S and since i did quite well in the GRE i hope to get a full scholarship,pls i would like to know if having a great personal statement of bank accounts is crucial if u r going on a full scholarship.i hope ii will get very informative but polite answers,thanx all
simple answer = YES.
reason, scholarships can be stopped. they need to know you can survive should that happen.
though that's much secondary.

afrodoc:

When i said bank statements,i meant 4 d visa interview.i mean do they bother alot abt your own finances if u r going on a full scholarship?

take along statements to be on the safer side
though you might not be asked, 'specially if funding is stated in your i20.
cool

brilantio:

@all, is it advisable to take two diffrent bank statement from the same sponsor to the interview
yes
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2009
Who is going for interview dis week.Mine is next week.Best of luck to all of us.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2009
@ Oyewole: Aw far? Aw things now? Where are you now? HAve been trying to talk 2 u on fone. I wish u success ahead. @ All Plz I dnt know wat to do, my friend said he sent the payment some weeks ago for my app fee but the school denied having receive it, Wat can i do plz. Can i still meet for january ?

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
suxes i think u are too slow wit d sch.let dem recieve d fee den b expecting ur i20 via dhl afta 2weeks.b fast wit dem.mail dis guy kaori.mita@csun.edu he might b of help.wat course are u goin 4 mine is Computer Engineering.wish u d very best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by brilantio: 11:00am On Nov 08, 2009
@all. How do i prove thse ppl (consulars), I'm going to come back to nigeria. Sample answers pls
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2009
by tellin dem how marketable ur course is in naija labour market and ur need to contribute ur own quota towards actualization of vision 2020.Also tell dem dat ur family needs u around.dat is just my opinion sha.best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2009
brilantio:

@all. How do i prove thse ppl (consulars), I'm going to come back to nigeria. Sample answers pls
Good question. Its really hard to convince a consular office at d US embassy that you'll be coming back to Nigeria permanently after you graduate from college in the US because most Nigerian students don't.
What Oyewolejos said is pretty good and all you can do is say it as convincing as possible and hope for the best.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by brilantio: 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2009
Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2009
brilantio:

Thanks
U need to really prove that you have family in Nigeria that u'll be returning to. The embassy already knows that but u still need to be convincing.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by odave: 9:35am On Nov 09, 2009
plz can i get info from sm1 in finland about the country or sm1 who knows much abt the country and student life there.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by brilantio: 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2009
brilantio:

Thanks
hw about y I want to study there,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by realmajid(m): 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2009
Is the US embassy still accepting old passports (non e-passports)?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yemostika(m): 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2009
@house - this has been on my mind for awhile. must you pay your tuition, living expenses (amount stated on the I-20) for the first year before you are issued a visa?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by johnkent(m): 3:09am On Nov 10, 2009
yemostika:

@house - this has been on my mind for awhile. must you pay your tuition, living expenses (amount stated on the I-20) for the first year before you are issued a visa?
Nope, u dont have to pay anything. U just have to show that u can afford to pay for atleast a yr of tuition and living expenses.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2009
brilantio:

Tell him/her dat u r actively involved in politics so that u can contribute ur own quota therefore b4 any political portfolio can be held,u must participate in d compulsory NYSC so dat u will be eligible to contest for any political post of ur choice in Nigeria.
I hope that too is okay cos i said dat
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by yemostika(m): 12:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
thanx johnkent  smiley,  does anyone on here know anyone at any of these skuls - MIT, Yale, Harvard or chicago business school? i need a first-hand account on any of their MBA programs,
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 12:31pm On Nov 10, 2009
oyewolejos:

suxes i think u are too slow wit d sch.let dem recieve d fee den b expecting your i20 via dhl afta 2weeks.b fast wit dem.mail dis guy kaori.mita@csun.edu he might b of help.wat course are u goin 4 mine is Computer Engineering.wish u d very best of luck

Tnx 4 d advice. I guess it was all my fault. I gave someone money to help pay the application fee thru his friend in us but till now d school is yet to receive it. I hope i raise money on time to pay and if not i`ll settle for Fall.

Thanks for yur concern.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2009
suxes2005:

Tnx 4 d advice. I guess it was all my fault. I gave someone money to help pay the application fee thru his friend in us but till now d school is yet to receive it. I hope i raise money on time to pay and if not i`ll settle for Fall.

Thanks for yur concern.

SHALOM
U gave some1 to pay for u and up till now he hasnt paid? shocked shocked . r u sure he hasnt spent d money?better organise another one and send to them ASAP. Best of luck
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2009
nethacker:

U gave some1 to pay for u and up till now he hasnt paid? shocked shocked . r u sure he hasnt spent d money?better organise another one and send to them ASAP. Best of luck

Yep, he hasnt. I even thank God that I did not collect money from oyewole then, I actually wntd dis same person 2 pay 4 oyewole b4 he told me that he askd i 2 pay for him bt i av given d guy my money already.

I`m down, disheartned, Don't know wat 2 do.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
Pls house , Does any1 have d idea of d questions dat will be asked by the immigration officers at the US port of entry?Do i need to go with another sponsor's financial statement.All d student is yankee in d house pls advise.
Regards wink wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.