Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (546870 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

PLEASE KINLDY HELP ME I WAS DENIED STUDENT VISA DUE TO AGE ERROR ON W.A.E.C CERT. CAN I REAAPLY AGAIN IMMEDIATELY? HELP ME OUT OOOOOOOH. 

Of course, you can apply immediately. you'd need to go to W.A.E.C, and get an official letter stating that the mistake was indeed theirs, also go to your high school and get a letter from the principal explaining this as well. go to your local government, get a letter or whatnot stating your age. go back to the embassy and plead your case.

I have a friend who was denied student visa at the Lagos embassy because the consul felt the balance on her statement wasn't enough. My friend had already paid 22grand (masters program) for tuition n stuff. She tried to explain to the consul that she had already made payment but the consul said she didn't ask her about that and refused to look at her receipt.
I advised her to reapply immediately at the Abuja Embassy, after consulting with another friend of mine who had done the same thing, he advised her to go back to the same Lagos embassy, she applied the following week, explained her case to the consul she met, and she was granted the visa.

My other friend who did the same thing was denied the visa when he first applied at the Abuja embassy, then reapplied about a week and half later at the Lagos embassy, the consul really wanted to approve him but she found it difficult to over turn  the decision the Abuja embassy made. The Abuja's reason for denial was because he had spent about 4 years in undergrad and still in 300L or so, he explained it was cause of the strike and all that. Then at the Lagos embassy, he took all documents explaining the strike action (letter from lecturer, newspaper announcing the strike, e.t.c.) The consul was convinced but couldn't just grant him the visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2009
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY THE PROBLEM NOW DO I NEED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AGAIN?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLY THE PROBLEM NOW DO I NEED TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AGAIN?

Yes! How else do you want to go back to the embassy?
There will be no point though if you don't have necessary documents to back your case.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2009
@femilangy, according to what they wrote on the letter given to me , they said i can still apply again okay since i was not denied on the bases on 221(g) section of us immigration law.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2009
THANKS , WHEN I WAS I TRYING TO BOOK THE APPOINTMENT IT WAS SAYING THAT I CAN'T BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN 2 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW BUT I HAVE PAID ANOTHER VISA FEE . MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE MY VISA FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT TO THE EMBASSY WITH MY APPLICATIONS AND MY DOCUMENTS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

THANKS , WHEN I WAS I TRYING TO BOOK THE APPOINTMENT IT WAS SAYING THAT I CAN'T BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN 2 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW BUT I HAVE PAID ANOTHER VISA FEE . MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE MY VISA FEE PAYMENT RECEIPT TO THE EMBASSY WITH MY APPLICATIONS AND MY DOCUMENTS.

What do you mean 'IN 2 BUSINESS DAYS BEFORE INTERVIEW" ? make your explanation explicit please.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2009
when i want to book another appointment again the site said i can't or modify the appointment, maybe there are some days assign for such problem in us-embassy . to book another appointment b,cos am having existing data with them .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

when i want to book another appointment again the site said i can't or modify the appointment, maybe there are some days assign for such problem in us-embassy . to book another appointment b,cos am having existing data with them .

You have an existing forthcoming appointment ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2009
that it's what the site was saying but they gave me a letter showed that my application have been received by consular officer
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
please do they have a special for those who have problems with their visa application.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2009
i mean a special day
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 4:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

that it's what the site was saying but they gave me a letter showed that my application have been received by consular officer

You didn't answer my question.

No need to post multiple times, you can edit your post.

Again,

Do you have an existing forthcoming appointment ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2009
no , i can paste you what the site is saying
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
am on their site right now and ti says that applicant can contact the consular office to know the procedures .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

no , i can paste you what the site is saying

Ok, paste it, you can post a screen shot as well.

thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2009
Your appointment has already been confirmed:

1. If you wish to cancel your appointment, you will need to go to home page,‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then select ‘Cancel Appointment’.
2. If you wish to modify your application, you will need to go to home page, select ‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then select ‘Modify application’.
3. If you wish to download details of your confirmed appointment, you will need to go to home page,‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then proceed to ‘Download appointment’.
THIS IS WHAT THE SITE WAS SAYING SINCE MORNING , OR DO I NEED TO PAY FOR AN INTERVIEW AGAIN AFTER VISA FEE PAYMENT. B,COS I HAVE GOT NEW MRV RECEIPT.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

Your appointment has already been confirmed:

1. If you wish to cancel your appointment, you will need to go to home page,‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then select ‘Cancel Appointment’.
2. If you wish to modify your application, you will need to go to home page, select ‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then select ‘Modify application’.
3. If you wish to download details of your confirmed appointment, you will need to go to home page,‘Apply for a non-immigrant visa’ and then proceed to ‘Download appointment’.
THIS IS WHAT THE SITE WAS SAYING SINCE MORNING , OR DO I NEED TO PAY FOR AN INTERVIEW AGAIN AFTER VISA FEE PAYMENT. B,COS I HAVE GOT NEW MRV RECEIPT.

seems your appointment has been made. what else are you looking for ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:26pm On Nov 24, 2009
ah but i told you that i was denied b,cos of my age and i want am i qualiy to reapply again.they
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
I WAS DENIED B,COS OF AGE ERROR ON MY W.A.E.C CERT. SO I HAVE PAY FOR ANOTHER VISA FEE(131DOLLARS) ALL AM SAYING IS THAT DO I NEED TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT SINCE SOME DENIALS ARE REAPPLY IMMEDIATELY OF DENYING. SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

I WAS DENIED B,COS OF AGE ERROR ON MY W.A.E.C CERT. SO I HAVE PAY FOR ANOTHER VISA FEE(131DOLLARS) ALL AM SAYING IS THAT DO I NEED TO BOOK ANOTHER APPOINTMENT SINCE SOME DENIALS ARE REAPPLY IMMEDIATELY OF DENYING. SO PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

Kept asking if you have another scheduled appointment. your question/explanation is not concise, I wonder how you want to convince the consul you deserve a visa if you cant even state what your question is correctly or explain yourself explicitly on a forum.

meanwhile, like i have said before, do you expect going to the consulate and walk in there without an appointment?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2009
suxes2005:

@ obafunshy, i`l like u 2 talk 2 nethacker so dat he help you out. I wish u success anyway, try interview your interviewer.

!Plat, where are you??

SHALOM

I am here, I know they must have recieved the application fee by now. Whats up

Nethacker- Im sorry i fell asleep oo sad
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 5:52pm On Nov 24, 2009
OH DON'T GET ME WRONG OKAY LET ME START WITH THIS IF SOMEONE GOT DENIED WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP . I HAVE PAID FOR ANOTHER MRV WHICH IS 131 DOLLARS ALL AM SAYING DO I NEED TO PAY FOR THE 5800 FOR THE VFS.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2009
echo1986:

OH DON'T GET ME WRONG OKAY LET ME START WITH THIS IF SOMEONE GOT DENIED WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP . I HAVE PAID FOR ANOTHER MRV WHICH IS 131 DOLLARS ALL AM SAYING DO I NEED TO PAY FOR THE 5800 FOR THE VFS.

Yes! Since that is the only way you'd get an appointment date right?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by echo1986: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
okay thanks.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2009
platinumnk:

I am here, I know they must have recieved the application fee by now. Whats up

Nethacker- Im sorry i fell asleep oo sad

I just got a message from Mr Scott now that he has received the fee and my i-20 will be sent out next week cos school close on thur and fri.

Tnx and i`m gr8ful

SJALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 6:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
suxes2005:

I just got a message from Mr Scott now that he has received the fee and my i-20 will be sent out next week cos school close on thur and fri.

Tnx and i`m gr8ful

SJALOM

thanks you're welcome, dont forget to remember others in need even if they are strangers. smiley

Make sure that they send it by UPS or FedEX. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
platinumnk:

thanks you're welcome, dont forget to remember others in need even if they are strangers. smiley

Make sure that they send it by UPS or FedEX. wink

Sure i wont forget and I`m gonna tell you anything i do as its regards.

Yep, Scott said it will be sent thru Dhl or Ups by next week.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by sayhi2ay(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2009
suxes2005:

SHALOM

is DHL still in the US ?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2009
sayhi2ay:

is DHL still in the US ?

I cnt answer that. maybe i made a mistake

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
sayhi2ay:

is DHL still in the US ?

umm lemme check. . . .  .yeah DHL is still in the US but i barely see them.

I think you meant UPS

suxes2005:

SHALOM

No problem, my philosophy is Bless others, so that you remain blessed,
Good luck on the rest of your journey. kiss
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2009
@suxes congrats on your admission.CSUN will send it via DHL and you will get it within 5day if is Lagos address and 7days if outside Lagos.Mine too 7days outside Lagos address sha.Goodluck suxes
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Vladmir2: 11:29pm On Nov 24, 2009
Pls,@ house,sorry for deviating a bit. pls,can someone help explain to me what the term double occupancy means. e.g $5500=double occupancy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.