Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:27 AM

General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries (547830 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (317) (Go Down)

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Gebarday: 6:59am On Nov 18, 2009
Hi Guys finally got my I-20, my interview is on my birthday Dec 2* coz that is the only date left for the year. thank u all for the support. God bless
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2009
let us know how it goes.

Good luck

Diana
Admin

International living Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Bebesula(f): 11:07am On Nov 18, 2009
I really appreciate the great works you guys are doing here. I have been following this thread since i learn about it and made up my mind to go to US for my masters. I congratulate all that have gotten their visas and those in the states already.

My issue is this; i just got an admission for Spring 2010 and i am mailing back the documents to get my I-20 in the next few weeks. I am married and I have a daughter of 10 months old which I am willing to take to the states with me. Please, how do I go about including her when applying for the student visas and also the questions the consular can ask concerning my baby.
I will appreciate response from experienced people in the house.

Thanks
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:16am On Nov 18, 2009
Bebesula:

I really appreciate the great works you guys are doing here. I have been following this thread since i learn about it and made up my mind to go to US for my masters. I congratulate all that have gotten their visas and those in the states already.

My issue is this; i just got an admission for Spring 2010 and i am mailing back the documents to get my I-20 in the next few weeks. I am married and I have a daughter of 10 months old which I am willing to take to the states with me. Please, how do I go about including her when applying for the student visas and also the questions the consular can ask concerning my baby.
I will appreciate response from experienced people in the house.

Thanks
sorry will ur husband be going with u?wat do u do for a living?and how do u intend to cope with d baby wen u r in sch?do u knw anyone there?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Bebesula(f): 11:27am On Nov 18, 2009
@Nethacker,

Thanks for the quick response. My husband is going (thou on his own admission). The issue here is that he hasn't gotten his admission yet and we don't want to risk it applying for him on my on visa application or do you think this is possible? The funding is not the problem. My dad is funding us atleast till we balance, and he is well to do. I know people in the US but not in the states my school is.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:36am On Nov 18, 2009
Bebesula:

@Nethacker,

Thanks for the quick response. My husband is going (thou on his own admission). The issue here is that he hasn't gotten his admission yet and we don't want to risk it applying for him on my on visa application or do you think this is possible? The funding is not the problem. My dad is funding us atleast till we balance, and he is well to do. I know people in the US but not in the states my school is.
Ok.Now tel me d docs u hv ready.Send in ur application and get ur I-20 first.Then we take it up frm there.As regards ur daughter,dats not a problem at all so dont worry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Bebesula(f): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2009
nethacker:

Ok.Now tel me d docs u hv ready.Send in your application and get your I-20 first.Then we take it up frm there.As regards your daughter,dats not a problem at all so dont worry

Admission Letter;
My dad's bank statement;
GRE scores;
Academics Certificate;
Transcripts;
My CV;
Marriage Certificate;
Int'l Passport (ofcourse, lol)

Thats all i have for now. What else do i need to add apart from the I-20 am expecting
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 11:56am On Nov 18, 2009
Bebesula:

Admission Letter;
My dad's bank statement;
GRE scores;
Academics Certificate;
Transcripts;
My CV;
Marriage Certificate;
Int'l Passport (ofcourse, lol)

Thats all i have for now. What else do i need to add apart from the I-20 am expecting
u r good 2 go now and dnt forget to add ur daughter's birth certificate as well as d source of income of ur dad.Like letter of employment,letter frm him stating that he is sponsoring u and a reference letter frm d bank.With all these, u r set and trust me,if u gather enof confidence,u will be granted.
by the way wat course do u wanna study if i may ask?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2009
@nethacker, please bro my interview come up tomorrow, am only going with my necessary documents but i don't know that they required reference letter from the bank . what do you think my bro. please tell me. IN GOD I TRUST NOW OOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2009
nethacker:

u r good 2 go now and dnt forget to add your daughter's birth certificate as well as d source of income of your dad.Like letter of employment,letter frm him stating that he is sponsoring u and a reference letter frm d bank.With all these, u r set and trust me,if u gather enof confidence,u will be granted.

personally i think it might be easier for them if the husband went first. . .it might just sound somehow if a wife wants to travel and leave her husband in naija(even if she's going with the child)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2009
jcross22:

@nethacker, please bro my interview come up tomorrow, am only going with my necessary documents but i don't know that they required reference letter from the bank . what do you think my bro. please tell me. IN GOD I TRUST NOW OOOOOOOOOOOOOH.
cant u tell ur sponsor to get a reference letter frm his/her bank?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
detailed student visa information for the US embassy
http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/student_visas.html

Diana
Admin

International living Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2374329103
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by Bebesula(f): 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2009
nethacker:

u r good 2 go now and dnt forget to add your daughter's birth certificate as well as d source of income of your dad.Like letter of employment,letter frm him stating that he is sponsoring u and a reference letter frm d bank.With all these, u r set and trust me,if u gather enof confidence,u will be granted.

I am going for Computer science and he is going for chemical engineering

netotse:

personally i think it might be easier for them if the husband went first. . .it might just sound somehow if a wife wants to travel and leave her husband in naija(even if she's going with the child)

But he has not even gotten his admission yet, the school is suggesting Fall for him. Besides, the mother is always closer to the child. He doesn't have any breast to give her if the baby cries (lol)
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
@nethacker, i can do that but now am in Abuja that it's where the problem lied , please pray for me , i only TRUST IN GOD FOR NOW , @diana but on that they each student visa applicant is able to proof of sufficient funds for the duration of study . "PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS", in that part am okay but the problem is reference letter. please pray for me.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
suxes2005:

Thanks for your love and concern. Plz kinldly tell me aw to edit dose osts as i dnt seems to know how.

May God bless you,

SHALOM

Hey Suxes you know what you can do?

I dont know what the School will do when they recieve the "other application" fee you have sent, but they probably will refund it to you.

I don't need you to send it to me, but I need you to send the funds here. There is a young boy who needs life saving surgery in Nigeria that Im raising funds for. It is also on my profile.

They have accounts in Nigeria where you can send your donation of 55 to.
Let me know when you have done so.
Thanks. wink

See this-->

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.160.html#msg4637201

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.128.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.0.html
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
platinumnk:

Hey Suxes you know what you can do?

I dont know what the School will do when they recieve the "other application" fee you have sent, but they probably will refund it to you.

I don't need you to send it to me, but I need you to send the funds here. There is a young boy who needs life saving surgery in Nigeria that Im raising funds for. It is also on my profile.

They have accounts in Nigeria where you can send your donation of 55 to.
Let me know when you have done so.
Thanks. wink

See this-->

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.160.html#msg4637201

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.128.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-327742.0.html

I tried checking the site but couldnt open it: my timer says "cannot view TEEN". I dont know if there is anything wrong with the site.

Anyways, I did not send the other application fee immediately I received msg from you that you are going to pay for me.

I just tracked it and confirmed it is on transit. Let me know what else I can do!.

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2009
anyone with barriers to US visa student, or Canada visa student
I can help

Diana
Admin

p.s.: contrary to common believe, I-20 does not guarantee you a visa.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
suxes2005:

I tried checking the site but couldnt open it: my timer says "cannot view TEEN". I dont know if there is anything wrong with the site.

Anyways, I did not send the other application fee immediately I received msg from you that you are going to pay for me.

I just tracked it and confirmed it is on transit. Let me know what else I can do!.

SHALOM

Well the Links to the Nairaland thread is up there.

Since you did not send it, Send the 55$ to

University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) Enugu Bank Name: UBA Standard Rd: Acc No: 0842030000535.
Under the Name of Joshua's Surgery.

When You have done so, Let me know.
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2009
angeldiana:

anyone with barriers to US visa student, or Canada visa student
I can help

Diana
Admin

p.s.: contrary to common believe, I-20 does not guarantee you a visa.

Are you charging for your services? usually everyone tries to help people right HERE, without going to an outside Link undecided undecided
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 4:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
on the contrary, I am happy to answer any question free.
and I love to have any ambitious young people as part of my facebook group/ page

Diana
Admin

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2009
Quote from: brauneyes on November 16, 2009, 03:44:25 PM
I will pay the $55 for you. Send me an email @ info@ckongroup.com

Sent u an e-mail

SHALOM

Suxes what Is this shocked shocked https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68738.832.html#msg4941734
Are u solicitng for other people?
You better not be playing games, because I have an inkling to Call USPS to stop Shipment and Im dead serious angry angry

You better come and explain this NOW!
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
platinumnk:

Suxes what Is this shocked shocked https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68738.832.html#msg4941734
Are u solicitng for other people?
You better not be playing games, because I have an inkling to Call USPS to stop Shipment and Im dead serious angry angry

You better come and explain this NOW!
I don't think he is honey grin grin
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2009
nethacker:

I don't think he is honey grin grin

uhh he better- Im waiting for his reply now. angry
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by nethacker(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2009
platinumnk:

uhh he better- Im waiting for his reply now. angry
Pls cool down and take water grin grin
where is he sef?
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2009
@ Plat: I was scared shocked wen i got ur message. I never asked you for help but you came willingly to help me so why should i make u angry? I am sorry for whatsoever i have done that crossed you. As per the other thread, i posted a help on the 16th before i saw your post that u were gonna help me. After readin ur post, i never knew you meant it cos it is hard to believe. So i only sent him mail to know what he is going to say. I thout d guy was in usa so i dont need to pay for some handling fees, I wasnt begging anyone for money! Plz kindly look at date and time i asked for the payment, it was 16th around 3:44 pm. I avent seen ur post then i never knew some1 lyk u will help pay d fees.

Please i`m sorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

@nethacker, i think i called u when she decided to help pay d fees and u can kindly post what we discussed on fone here for her to come down. We still have a long way to go and i am too young to deceive people here. I dont know who else i woud need help from.

So plat, dnt 4get i still need to pay my sevis fee and also u can as well call scott to stop the payment, so i think i love myself and i wont want to cross my helper. Jo ma binu si mi ooooooooooooooo I m embarassed embarassed embarassed

SHALOM shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
guys,

I dont understand what is going on here,
who is paying who 55 dollars
and for what?

did someone get suddenly desperate? what ever it is, it can be solved

Diana
Admin

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2009
Tnx Diana, dont need to say more story here just tell Plat to come down!

SHALOM
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by platinumnk(f): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2009
suxes2005:

@ Plat: I was scared shocked wen i got your message. I never asked you for help but you came willingly to help me so why should i make u angry? I am sorry for whatsoever i have done that crossed you. As per the other thread, i posted a help on the 16th before i saw your post that u were gonna help me. After readin your post, i never knew you meant it cos it is hard to believe. So i only sent him mail to know what he is going to say. I thout d guy was in usa so i dont need to pay for some handling fees, I wasnt begging anyone for money! Plz kindly look at date and time i asked for the payment, it was 16th around 3:44 pm. I avent seen your post then i never knew some1 lyk u will help pay d fees.

Please i`m sorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

@nethacker, i think i called u when she decided to help pay d fees and u can kindly post what we discussed on fone here for her to come down. We still have a long way to go and i am too young to deceive people here. I dont know who else i woud need help from.

So plat, dnt 4get i still need to pay my sevis fee and also u can as well call scott to stop the payment, so i think i love myself and i wont want to cross my helper. Jo ma binu si mi ooooooooooooooo I m embarassed embarassed embarassed

SHALOM shocked shocked shocked

ok, but I saw u had sent a mail, but if what u say is true, I apologize, I have a big problem with people who decieve others, I wanted to help because I saw you was trying, and that you really didnt have a good group of friends to help you.

Again, Im sorry, thanks for clearing it up. wink
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
Amid the chaos going on this thread now i wish JCROSS the very best of luck.Some people has derailed this thread at this time we need it most.NL has now turned to where some people share something that suppose to be private.What is YahooMail there for?JCROSS go and get that visa.YES U CAN
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by angeldiana(f): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2009
Amid the chaos going on this thread now i wish JCROSS the very best of luck.Some people has derailed this thread at this time we need it most.NL has now turned to where some people share something that suppose to be private.What is YahooMail there for?JCROSS go and get that visa.YES U CAN

jcross,

what is the barrier you are facing in the visa process?

Diana
Admin

Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 1:21am On Nov 19, 2009
@oyewolejos, thank you so much for your encouragement and God will be with us .
Re: General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries by jcross22: 1:25am On Nov 19, 2009
@angeldiana, for now am just thinking of a reference letter from the bank while i have all the necessarry document but in us embassy site they state this there"MORE ON YOUR AND LESSER ON THE DOCUMENT YOU PRESENT" that means i need to compose myself and with God all is well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (317)

Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant / Nigerians In Oslo, Norway / Travelling To Canada Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.