Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Senator Akpabio Exposed !! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Akpabio Exposed !! (4383 Views)

Items Distributed By Senator Akpabio At His Constituency Briefing (Photos) / Buhari Bows In Front Of Senator Akpabio (Photo) / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by chidubem93(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
SaharaReporters has learned that former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio has brazenly refused to leave the Governor’s mansion of the State. Sources close to the current government have said that Akpabio has moved from the presidential suite of the Gubernatorial Lodge to the luxurious VIP suite, despite the fact he is no longer Governor of the State.

These developments come at a time when the former Governor is also being accused of gross abuse of public trust, embezzlement of public funds, financial recklessness, and laundering Akwa Ibom public funds for his own enrichment.

Godswill Akpabio, Mr. Etekamba Umoren, former Permanent Secretary Government House and Mr. Udo Isobara, former Accountant General of the State are all being accused of pilfering State funds.

Leo Ekpenyong and Co., a soliciting and legal practitioner's firm based in Abuja, has filed a petition personally against the former Governor, Godswill Akpabio, accusing him of “graft and money laundering perpetrated with impunity and utter disregard of laid down financial regulations and due process.” The firm possesses powerful evidence that the former Governor, now Senator, Godswill Akpabio has been involved in money laundering, and they are demanding that the EFCC and Federal Government investigate him thoroughly.

The petition states that between January and December of 2014, N22 billion was extracted from the Akwa Ibom State Government Account with Zenith Bank, Uyo (Account Number: 1010375881). Their thievery was concealed by taking the money they stole and breaking it into N10 million clusters, which were then converted into housing and mortgage bonds that they will later spend on themselves.

Former Governor Akpabo, was inaugurated on June 9th as Senator, representing Akwa Ibom North-West (Ikot Ekpene) Senatorial District. He previously served as Governor of the State from 2007-2015.

The stolen State funds, which were described as “ungodly” in the petition, were used by Godswill Akpabio, Mr. Etekamba Umoren, and Mr. Udo Isobara for themselves throughout the Akpabio administration of the State.

The withdrawals were made by three officials within the Akwa Ibom State Government. The trio of Godswill Akpabio, Mr. Etekamba Umoren, and Mr. Udo Isobara all conspired and successfully ransacked the Akwa Ibom State Government Accounts together.

The funds were fraudulently extracted on the basis of fictitious expenditure requests made by Permanent Secretary Etekamba Umoren, which were authorized by the then Governor Godswill Akpabio, according to the petition.

Umoren was rewarded by Akpabio for his role in this nefarious scheme with the post of Chief of Staff of Government House.

Another whopping N18 billion was embezzled by this trio. They concealed this scheme by withdrawing the N18 billion in several smaller increments and falsifying requests under the Special Services Department of the Governor's Office, before using it for themselves.

The N18 billion was pillaged using multiple cash withdrawals of mostly N10m from the Akwa Ibom State Government main account with the United Bank for Africa, Uyo in order not to attract attention to the fraud.

The total sum of N40.1 billion fraudulently withdrawn as cash by the Offices of the Permanent Secretary, Governor's Office and the Permanent Secretary, Special Services Department in 2014 was never spent on any public projects. The total amount of monies stolen by Godswill Akpabio in just one year is equal to the annual budget of some States in Nigeria put together, according to the petitioners.

A forensic examination of the financial records of the two offices will confirm that government funds were used to unlawfully to purchase properties acquired by Godswill Akpabio, including: a multi-billion Naira mansion at plot 5 Ikogosi Spring close off Katsina Ala Crescent Maitama, Abuja, a multi-billion Naira mansion at plot 28 Colorado Close, Maitama, Abuja, a multi-billion naira Mansion at 22 Probyn Road, Ikoyi Lagos, a multi-billion Naira mansionette at plot 23 Olusegun Aina Street, Parkview Lagos, a multi-billion Naira 25 story building at Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

The EFCC and the Federal Government are being urged to bring the Godswill Akpabio to justice “for [this] uncommon but unprecedented display of fraud and plunder of the resources of the good people of Akwa Ibom, who are crying for justice.”

READ MORE http://norookiemedia.com/senator-akpabio-exposed/

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by designguru: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
Na wa for these people ooo. God Help this country. I think I heard the Akwa Ibom election is already in the tribunal. The truth shall come out soon. God Bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by chamboy(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2015
Akpabio
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
Use less people Y dem no expose kano kaduna and kastina Its so obvious sahara rubbish is apc-owned

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by illmatic101(m): 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2015
I thought it was something serious

RUBBISH
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by grandstar(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
Greed is bad 1 Tim 6:9-10

What is so annoying is that they do not need to steal

The thank you that contractors will hand over to them out of appreciation is enough to make Akpabio a billionaire in naira.

Peter Obi from much poorer Anambra state who never collected bribes received over 300m in his account.

Contractors will try secretly find out his bank account number and put in the cash.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by chidubem93(m): 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2015
People of Akwa Ibom need to stand up and speak against this corrupt practice by these unwanted Godfathers.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by ITbomb(m): 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2015
The man is alleged to have stolen money
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by DoTheNeedful: 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Use less people
Y dem no expose kano kaduna and kastina
Its so obvious sahara rubbish is apc-owned

Sahara rubbish But you believed them when they said Saraki called Osinbanjo a mere commissioner

You believe SR when they debunked the news making rounds that GEJ's son was dead

Try and get some class for the sake of self pride and your mental health too.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by DoTheNeedful: 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
Something like this is not new between political godfathers and son in Nigeria. I read of something similar between Saraki and the governor of Kwara some years ago. Just exactly as this
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
I'm here to read and laugh because I know AKPABIO is their NIGHTMARE. And shall remain their NIGHT MARE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
Did they say he has atleast N1M in his account
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 24, 2015
illmatic101:
I thought it was something serious

RUBBISH

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by kheart(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Use less people

I no just understand u, u always like to cover the thiefing pdpigians.

1 Like

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by GudluckIBB(m): 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2015
So Akpabio owns that building under construction Along Akin Adesola by Saka Tinubu junction!

I won't be surprised if he is also the owner of thte building under construction along ikoyi cresent ikoyi.

I really don't know were they are taking all this money to!

3 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by Blizzy9ja: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2015
Its Akpabio and he's of the PDP so he's corrupt, Amaechi's probe is a witch hunt, he(Amaechi) keeps distracting gullible people from the real issue...
What is wrong with Nigerians? When an APC govt tries to investigate a previous govt it is change but when a PDP govt does d same it is witch hunt.
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by bossOD: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
I like him as my Governor but I no send am to steal ooo, any ways I know APC propaganda when I see one
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by chidubem93(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
This is not only about #Akwaibom. we must strengthen democracy in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by MythAngel: 11:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Use less people

Really , I don't know why in all your post have seen here on NL have not been able to draw any sense. Maybe you enjoy being infamous from your spread of pessimism, but I tell you that you've casted your name in marble of those without sense or aim . if you think you getting famous from this , I tell u it won't put food on your table, nor will it increase your standard of living, while your time is wasting away ... And at the end people will forget you ... It's better you live to change your way of living.

My candid advice to you ... No hard feelings

4 Likes

Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by designguru: 2:19am On Jun 25, 2015
I believe this post should make every Nigerian see how their politicians deal with state funds. This is not about #Akwaibom alone but the entire Nigeria. Thank God for forums and social media. Politicians are now being watched every second.
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by brixton: 5:24am On Jun 25, 2015
Same thing is going on in kwara state
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by softvio(m): 5:38am On Jun 25, 2015
Nothing can harm ma ex-governor
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by natas22: 5:53am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:58am On Jun 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Use less people
Rubbish! saTANoids' BreakingTimes and PDP Watchdogs should expose the states.

God bless the President.
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by mistabiola: 6:56am On Jun 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Use less people Y dem no expose kano kaduna and kastina Its so obvious sahara rubbish is apc-owned

Keep crying foul, why are you derailing from the main topic.
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by zuchyblink(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2015
These useless people want to wrestle Akwa Ibom out from PDP due to their huge allocation.Akpabio which is unarguably the best governor in Nigeria is querried for nothing.APC wants to dent his name,impeach him,and impeach or bully Udom to join APC.Fools!fools they are!
The most sectional political party in the world.the islamic brotherhood party of Nigeria(APC)
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by smarthG(f): 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Its only a person that did well that should be allowed to stay close and put the new through(induction) saharasheet a unilag graduate is a blackmailer right from childhood.
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by chidubem93(m): 7:31am On Jun 25, 2015
The state is bigger than us and we must to redeem it from a cabal led by Godswill Akpabio
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by sammyj: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Senator Akpabio Exposed !! by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 25, 2015
Propaganda + lies = APC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Donald Trump Calls Nnamdi Kanu On Phone AUDIO / Festus Keyamo show of shame on Sunrise Daily. Watch Now / 2019: Never Seen Before Grassroots Campaign Of Olawepo Hashim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.