Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. (603 Views)

Before You Criticise Buhari For Appointing An 84-Year-Old Durojaiye / I Criticise Buhari As Most Senior Governor In Nigeria — Fayose / Staunch Buharists, Olateju And Farouk Kperogi Criticise Buhari Over Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by PhockPhockMan: 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2015

The Peoples Democratic Party has vowed that it will continue to give constructive criticism to the government of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Acting Chairman of Board of Trustees of the party, Dr. Haliru Bello, stated this after the meeting of the Board in Abuja on Wednesday.

It was the first time the Board would meet after President Goodluck Jonathan left office on May 29, 2015.

However, unlike what was obtained before, Wednesday’s BoT meeting was not going to be followed by the National Caucus and National Executive Committee meetings of the now opposition party.

It was also the first time the former ruling party’s BoT meeting would hold outside the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The meeting was held at the almost deserted national headquarters of the party located at Wuse, Zone Five, Abuja.

Bello, who spoke with journalists after the meeting, said the Board would also provide guidance to all the members of the party.

He said, “We will offer constructive criticism to the Federal Government.

“The PDP will bounce back in style and we are already in the process of bringing back the glory of the party.”

Also speaking, the Secretary of the Board, Sen. Walid Jibril said members of the Board had agreed to tour all the six zones of the country.

The tour, he said, would be used to speak with influential members of the party in the zones and discuss how to bring the party back to reckoning.

Jibril said the party and the Board were working together to elect minority officers in both chambers of the National Assembly.

He said, “The Board of Trustees is up to the task of providing guidance, not only to the executives of the party, but to members of the National Assembly that is why we have involved ourselves very much in the collaboration with the National Working Committee to ensure that there is synergy between the appointments within the national assembly.

“We are calling on all our members to remain calm and should not be disturbed because we are doing all our best to ensure sanity is brought to our party.

“Our party is going to come back again and we are going to bounce back. As we are doing so we need their cooperation and without their cooperation, I do not think we will succeed.

“Let them give us time so that we can do our best to ensure that we bring back the prominence of this party.”

He said the Post Morten Committee set up by the party to look into what went wrong during the last elections had been granted a 10-week extension.

Until the committee submits its report, he said the party won’t discuss on how to elect a substantive chairman for the party.

He said the Acting National Chairman of the party, Prince Uche Secondus, was given three months to act.

He said after the expiration of the three months, the party would meet and take another step.

http://www.punchng.com/news/we-will-criticise-buhari-constructively-pdp/#disqus_thread
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Great.....
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by Awotee(m): 9:03pm On Jun 24, 2015
Constructively?!
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by bukason212(m): 9:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
Good, that is if u knw how to criticise CONSTRUCTIVELY. Apc needs to be kept on their toes.
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2015
Am proud to be an opposition It feels great
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by shininglite(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2015
With wat I have seen so far from d so called change I can boldly say a dead PDP is better than the ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS CONGRESS

"buhari is a terrorist - el rufai
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by Disclaimer: 9:13pm On Jun 24, 2015
This statement reminds me of lai Mohammed, that man can be very constructively bias.
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by Emekamex(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
I don't know why APC supporters get angry when their party is criticized; they did far worse during GEJ's reign.
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by doublewisdom: 9:19pm On Jun 24, 2015
PDP teaching APC the rudiments of politics since democratic Nigeria.
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by DeWisedon(m): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2015
una dey joke

abeg na wen i die i go be d first to coment?
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by PhockPhockMan: 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2015
Awotee:
Constructively?!
Yeah, the way APC constructively criticised PDP.
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by PhockPhockMan: 9:29pm On Jun 24, 2015
DeWisedon:
una dey joke

abeg na wen i die i go be d first to coment?
gringringrin
Re: We Will Criticise Buhari Constructively -PDP. by temitemi1(m): 9:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
We are not them, the agents of anger(apc members)

PDP shall rise again!!

(1) (Reply)

ENLIGHTENMENT Needed:state Of Affairs / Nigeria Is A Plague, So Are You - Detective Krojo. / Breaking: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Mismanaged ECA Funds–frc Boss(saharareporters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.