Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts (31604 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / BREAKING: APC Senators Defy Party, Nominate Ali Ndume As Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by luvmijeje(f): 6:15am On Jun 25, 2015
fitzmayowa:

APC has everything to lose, losing control of the senate to PDP this early protend a great danger for PMB and whatever happens in the senate will sure happen in the house of rep...

I would advice APC to thread with care so they won't be playing into the hands of PDP(that is if they have not played into their hands already)...

If Saraki goes ahead to defy the party, Buhari will still become a sitting duck. We have a Senate controlled by PDP.

Now what the party must do is to limit the power of Saraki only to the Senate. Keep him out of the party.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by exlinkleads(f): 6:16am On Jun 25, 2015
Hmmmm, I don't think there will be a time in this country that politics will be at interest for people, it is for self desires.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by midolian(m): 6:21am On Jun 25, 2015
modath:

You will look till 2019 when they'll return to beg for votes & the circle will return again...

Seems Saraki has decided to make the upper chamber his mini fiefdom.but APC should make sure he doesn't get away with this plan of his, he didn't get a senatorial seat on his own name only but with the party's assent....

He should be allowed to leave if he wants to & the chips fall wherever they may,cos his open defiance will not do the party any good in the long run..

Presently he enjoys no goodwill from well meaning nigerians but the bigots & ethnic warlords who have no sense of decency..

Don't know why I have that feeling that he is enjoying his last taste of political relevance.
I have got the same feeling too.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by gratiaeo(m): 6:22am On Jun 25, 2015
If Tambuwal me i will Saraki....... APC are leaping the seed they sowed 4 years ago

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by omenka(m): 6:23am On Jun 25, 2015
BankManager:
I hope these APC
senators won't derail President Buhari's administration
with this unnecessary infighting
That is my only worry honestly. They are creating way too much distraction. Had Buhari not been the president, I would have cared less if they spilled each other's blood on the floor of the Senate and HoR.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by olasmith10(m): 6:23am On Jun 25, 2015
dis Foundational problem ll militate against normalcy in d house....
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Nobody: 6:24am On Jun 25, 2015
All this is happening because no south east senator from Apc.

Well I don't know how this affects the promises they gave us during the electioneering campaign. With this I am finally giving up on APC.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by hennybee(m): 6:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Who hath bewitched APC?.... You scaled through all the huddles in becoming the ruling party, why then allow this mess within you? It's way too early.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by cktheluckyman: 6:26am On Jun 25, 2015
But seriously I think Saraki's position on this matter is more democratic and reflects the principles of federal character. We can't afford to shut out regions in the name of party directives.The. APC did not even consider the SE/SS/NC in its position sharing formula.

If we are to have peace in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria, every zone must be represented.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by phransix147(m): 6:26am On Jun 25, 2015
front247:
Apc is a useless party, with time u will soon find out pdp is d best party

Same party the plunged Nigeria into this financial mess and had no regards for the common masses? I disagree with u pls...

omasiagu:
I love how apc is destroying it self.
I wish them bad luck.

Also wishing urself and family same automatically cos they are the ones piloting the affairs on this country 4 the next 4 years. Stop being bitter and say a prayer 4 them.

4 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by cktheluckyman: 6:28am On Jun 25, 2015
midolian:
I have got the same feeling too.
Saraki controls politics in his home state of kwara, He dosent need APC to win elections there

3 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by ROCKJ1(m): 6:29am On Jun 25, 2015
APC lacks experience. See how their house is falling apart. Selfish interests everywhere. They are even worse than PDP.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by oloriooko(m): 6:29am On Jun 25, 2015
What many people do not know is that these politicians feel they made APC not APC making them
Despite this, the party leaders are obviously helpless and unskilled in governance, their inadequacies have to come to fore, no where to hide now.
My position remains same: APC got power at an immature stage of its life now its evident was never ready for governance
God bless Nigeria, God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by dam4wummy(m): 6:29am On Jun 25, 2015
A P C : A Party Confused,..... Well considering the way they are moving, I think they are moving now, all the coalition parties might just do engage
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by okoomoge2(m): 6:30am On Jun 25, 2015
I have been reading from a far and watching the dramas at the Senate.

I pray Saraki reads this:

Your eminent father Alh Olushola Abubakar Saraki, dined well with the truthful ulamus in Agbaji and he listened to word of caution and advise. He was a grassroot politician, who dealt with Elderly women all in ilorin, he had their full support. Hence, with Allah's grace he became the lifeline of Kwara / Kogi politics.

The great Zulu Kaneni Gamabari was a Shiek and Emir, who was also powerful! Even IBB with all his powers consulted and feared Zulu Kaneni Gambari of Ilorin. Your eminent father of blessed memory was a very loyal subject of the great Zulu kaneni Gambari!

My word of advise to you: I see you heading to a path you may not be able to recover from politically and personally. Please remember Pharaoh was so powerful and even Moses could not done anything to him, God himself destroyed Pharaoh under the Red Sea. Irony, if anybody had told you no one born of woman can harm you, just remember pharaoh.

Please Bukola, mo to Jo awon Agba mole! Have a rethink on how your eminent father Alh Olushola Saraki played his politics, you could borrow some olive branch from this, to quickly realign things.

Wish you the very best !!

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by slap1(m): 6:34am On Jun 25, 2015
It may take a really long time for the APC to put its house in order and face the business of governance. And by then, the party may have disintegrated.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by kutchs: 6:34am On Jun 25, 2015
gratiaeo:
If Tambuwal me i will Saraki....... APC are leaping the seed they sowed 4 years ago
Yeaa right brother. When the likes of Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Nyako, Wamakko etc defied PDP orders in 2013 APC celebrated it and welcomed them with open arms. Called them heroes of democracy, today they are getting what they encouraged back them and they are crying.

6 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by victoreltemur: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2015
I actually tot APC we're a better crop of politicians. How can ds fools leave d business of governing dey we're Paid to do,and instead spend d whole month fighting demselves over who ll b in a position to steal more money.has one bill been read?NO!,has der beÉn any productive sittning?NO!what nonsense is dis?I m damn angry!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Lanceslot(m): 6:40am On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
And Saraki takes his tomfoolery to another level- talk about a dog not heeding its master's whistle.

The man Saraki has risen so high he's gonna hit the ground with a very large thud people miles away would hear it, and when he does he'd be lucking walking with a permanent limp- I see him crawling permanently.

Dude is just disgusting.
Man, Saraki has been in this game for long and he's the master of it, he rebelled against his father when he (the father) wanted to impose his sister as the governor of kwara state and he won. Nothing is gona bring him down.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by safarigirl(f): 6:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Is it not the person working with someone that will know who he wants to work with?

How can people who aren't in the Senate choose Senate leaders? If the people they choose mess up, isn't it those in the red chamber that will suffer?

How can you sit in a party office and select who'll lead a people in a democratic dispensation, just so you can 'settle' your 'boys'?

I like this angle that Saraki is taking. It's far more transparent than the accepted madness that has been going on in Nigeria for so many years.

I don't give a damn about either party at this point, but someone must break this trend. I love this Change

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by azimibraun: 6:44am On Jun 25, 2015
Rapping like Jay Z Acting like 2pac... all of a sudden Nigerians and NLander are acting like they are from the moon and don't expect all of theses to happen. This is not strange to me thesame way I won't be amazed that at the end of all of these we will settle down and move on. If these does not happen now when should they happen then? It a natural process all that should bother us is the time not the activities. So talk the time not what is happening. I believe in the laws not the dramtis persona when it comes to executive and legislature relationship. So government will function be it the party's choice or saraki group's choice at the end of the day.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by omenka(m): 6:44am On Jun 25, 2015
Lanceslot:
Man, Saraki has been in this game for long and he's the master of it, he rebelled against his father when he (the father) wanted to impose his sister as the governor of kwara state and he won. Nothing is gona bring him down.
Saying "nothing" would bring him down is sounding too naïve. Nothing is impossible, least of all taming Saraki.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Caseless: 6:48am On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki is biting more than he can chew.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by nunzk: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2015
Wrong @ last taste. He broke his father's grip once so do not underestimate his maturity in THE GAME.quote author=modath post=35123207]

You will look till 2019 when they'll return to beg for votes & the circle will return again...

Seems Saraki has decided to make the upper chamber his mini fiefdom.but APC should make sure he doesn't get away with this plan of his, he didn't get a senatorial seat on his own name only but with the party's assent....

He should be allowed to leave if he wants to & the chips fall wherever they may,cos his open defiance will not do the party any good in the long run..

Presently he enjoys no goodwill from well meaning nigerians but the bigots & ethnic warlords who have no sense of decency..

Don't know why I have that feeling that he is enjoying his last taste of political relevance.[/quote]
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Dmano: 6:57am On Jun 25, 2015
But come 2 think of it when these men were crossing 2 apc i guest d were all happy which made them 4midable enough 2 disloghed d pdp,my question is at what point did apc know dat these men are no longer apc members & why?is it at d point of eating? Haba apc

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Caseless: 6:57am On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
Saying "nothing" would bring him down is sounding too naïve. Nothing is impossible, least of all taming Saraki.

Time will tell.
saraki thinks he can deflagrate the party and go trouble-free.

*in gej's voice* we shall see...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by DPChuks(m): 6:58am On Jun 25, 2015
Wetin coinsign me
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by blackboy(m): 7:00am On Jun 25, 2015
So far I don't see anything wrong with how they are choosing their key figures. We should remember that they are Nigerian which should come first and should not be anyone's puppet. Even if they represent at party they should do what is right. God bless Nigeria , God bless the 8th National Assembly

3 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Charly68: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2015
You see greed all over them,they are not out to govern but to gain more money. Self interest against public interest & for them to end well will be very difficult. They gather money that from different frontiers but God is looking and laughing at their futility & imminent disastrous end.Let them continue in that order,the change we need will surely be enforced by God willy-knilly
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Spells(m): 7:03am On Jun 25, 2015
They've literally turn Nigeria into a piece of cake that everyone of e'm wants a piece.....well....God will sure punish the unjust...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by azimibraun: 7:06am On Jun 25, 2015
There is absolutely nothing spectacular about what Saraki did.. he only just benefited from the Ego of the part chieftain some of whom are very Ok with him but pretending to be mad at him or are you guys saying is the entire party leadership that is not happy with saraki? It's just a game of interest, betrayals and like any other a game of time. I dvice to enjoy it as it lasts. I know something for sure, nobody nd I men nobody will bring this jokes round Mr Buhari when it comes to executive roles and decisions. He is not afraid to say in the open to the Nigerian public what you come to demand from him backdoor that will affect Nigerians negatively.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tompolo: ‘APC Govt Clueless, Fighting Everybody’ / Seyi Makinde Recovers, Tests Negative For Coronavirus / Obi And Tinubu Supporters Plan Rival Rallies At Lekki Tollgate On October 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.