Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts (31599 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / BREAKING: APC Senators Defy Party, Nominate Ali Ndume As Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by nonjebose(m): 8:04am On Jun 25, 2015
In this matter, I think the party should respect the wishes of the senators. since it is evident that the process of choosing principal officers adopted by Saraki is much democratic than the Party's, APC leadership should learn a lesson or two from this.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by cuteboy2: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
fx45:

Really? Now let's do a roll call...
1. Bukola Saraki..... 15 years in PDP
2. Atiku Abubakar..... 15 years in PDP
3. Yakubu Dogara..... 15 years in PDP
4. Chibuike Amaechi.... 15 years in PDP
5. Olusegun Obasanjo.... 16 years in PDP
6. Rabiu Kwankwaso..... 15 years in PDP
7. Nasir El-Rufai.... 14 years in PDP
8. Abdulfatah Ahmed.... 15 years in PDP

*Please anybody can modify and add more names to this list. I'm already tired....

Actually the list is endless and these are the key men and driving forces behind the APC. Majority of the people in APC today are PDP decampees. So I make bold to ask you to sincerely tell everybody on this forum who exactly it is that destroyed this country. I would also implore you to tell the world where those people can be found at the moment.

Please, what/who exactly is PDP and what/who is APC? Where does the difference lie? Is it the name of the party or the people that make up the party? I need you to give an intelligent and unbiased response...

Very correct my bros. Spot on.

I have always maintained that APC is nothing more than PDP in another label or package.
It is still the same old story of visionless leadership and leaders fighting for areas they can further milk the nation dry.

The struggle to position themselves for another massive round of pillaging the national treasury is playing out right now before our eyes in the National Assembly. When NPN and PDP took power in 1979 and 1999, respectively, the hustling for positions was not as brazen as what we are witnessing now with APC.

It is sad indeed, because we placed so much hope on APC that things will really change.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by naira0(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2015
[size=15pt]CHAiiiii[/size]
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Stop quoting posts If you don't haave anything intelligent to say,
tsephanyah:
pls. translate unto French
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:06am On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
And Saraki takes his tomfoolery to another level- talk about a dog not heeding its master's whistle.

The man Saraki has risen so high he's gonna hit the ground with a very large thud people miles away would hear it, and when he does he'd be lucking walking with a permanent limp- I see him crawling permanently.

Dude is just disgusting.

just like tinubu has fallen with a very loud thud.
Blame apc for their woes not saraki, they shud hv settled dis party leadership when d smoke was seen, yet they keep beatng their flat chest that they dont want to adopt zoning system, tagging it pdp thing. Now see their foolishness n greed. Sw has dep speaker n tinubu still want leadership to go to sw, are they no othr zone? Had it been they swallowed their pride n mapped out which zone gets what, all these wouldnt hv played out.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:07am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

If Saraki goes ahead to defy the party, Buhari will still become a sitting duck. We have a Senate controlled by PDP.

Now what the party must do is to limit the power of Saraki only to the Senate. Keep him out of the party.

Did I hear u say limit him to the senate & keep him out of the party? I don't understand. Do you at all understand the power at the disposal of a senate president? I have just detected hipocrisy here. Tambuwal did the same & u guys clapped. What goes around comes around. Note this, Saraki is about to become the most powerful & popular senate president ever. Do u know why? Not because he is a good man but because he has a United 49 behind him. He is practically untouchanble. Live with it.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Kog45(m): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2015
koladebrainiac:
you have no idea . tinubu n oyegun n apc party has more upper hand than Saraki. He is just forging alliance that Will not last. By The time those his friends see hom for who he is , he will come back come begging. Because hr wont go back to PDP again . his game of thrones is dangerous. He should bend a little.
Bukola I know is not d type anybody can bully.He know what he want and how to get it.This guy left PDP against all odd and came out unscanttered.Although Tinubu has d control of NWC of d party but when it comes to national politics even in d APC Tinubu should forget it bcs Bukola knew where Tinubu is going and they are ready for him.Did u know that Tinubu plan was to use d new PDP in APC to achieve his aim and dump them by making them irrelevant in d scheme of thing and this are d reason he was backing Lawan and Gbajabiamila against Bukola and Dogara,but d duo outsmart Tinubu bcs they have seen d handwritten on d wall.The only option for Tinubu is to accept Bukola bcs Bucky I know cannot be intimidated by Tinubu.Ask GEJ,Atiku,OBJ,Dangote,Otedola and d old Governors forum they will tell u who is Bukola Saraki.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Odaveboy(m): 8:08am On Jun 25, 2015
Ole ni gbogbo won.......ki olorun kowa yo ni
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2015
cktheluckyman:
But seriously I think Saraki's position on this matter is more democratic and reflects the principles of federal character. We can't afford to shut out regions in the name of party directives.The. APC did not even consider the SE/SS/NC in its position sharing formula.

If we are to have peace in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria, every zone must be represented.
Thank u
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by maskid(m): 8:09am On Jun 25, 2015
modath:

You will look till 2019 when theyhis last taste of political relevance.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2015
phransix147:

Same party the plunged Nigeria into this financial mess and had no regards for the common masses? I disagree with u pls...

Also wishing urself and family same automatically cos they are the ones piloting the affairs on this country 4 the next 4 years. Stop being bitter and say a prayer 4 them.

so if someone wish a party badluck it will affect d country too? U guys r just myopic n gullible. Are u aware some states r controlled by pdp n hv sound govrs pilloting its affairs? You think if apc fails d whole naija don fail abi? Bros wake up from dat sleep. E too early to be bedmate wif mr ibu
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:14am On Jun 25, 2015
oloriooko:
What many people do not know is that these politicians feel they made APC not APC making them
Despite this, the party leaders are obviously helpless and unskilled in governance, their inadequacies have to come to fore, no where to hide now.
My position remains same: APC got power at an immature stage of its life now its evident was never ready for governance
God bless Nigeria, God bless PMB
That is the problem; APC brought this upon themselves. Had it not been that APC wooed those PDP rebels first, they would have decamped to APC with submission & humility but the decamped as lords. This is just the beginning.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by phransix147(m): 8:17am On Jun 25, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so if someone wish a party badluck it will affect d country too? U guys r just myopic n gullible. Are u aware some states r controlled by pdp n hv sound govrs pilloting its affairs? You think if apc fails d whole naija don fail abi? Bros wake up from dat sleep. E too early to be bedmate wif mr ibu

You are as stewpid as ur name sounds...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2015
safarigirl:
Is it not the person working with someone that will know who he wants to work with?

How can people who aren't in the Senate choose Senate leaders? If the people they choose mess up, isn't it those in the red chamber that will suffer?

How can you sit in a party office and select who'll lead a people in a democratic dispensation, just so you can 'settle' your 'boys'?

I like this angle that Saraki is taking. It's far more transparent than the accepted madness that has been going on in Nigeria for so many years.

I don't give a damn about either party at this point, but someone must break this trend. I love this Change
Well spoken my sister

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by luvmijeje(f): 8:18am On Jun 25, 2015
AgapeCharis:
Eehn! That will be APC shooting themselves in the leg.

No, they will be keeping their legs safe. Saraki loyalty lies in PDP.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by dougivilla(m): 8:19am On Jun 25, 2015
This APC na ''Snake n ladder'' party oh!

Just When you think the ladder has taken u so high up and you appear to hold the aces, getting set to enter the promised land, the snake comes calling; biting and taking you lower than you were and sometimes back to the starting line

check this out

Tinubu, goes from National leader to becoming Chairman, internal opposition faction A, Amaechi from arrow head nPDP and Campaign DG to irrelevance, Oyegun from National Chairman to factional spokesman, PMB from party leader to a mere siddon look product of the party, apologies to Lai Mohammed who himself has gone from being party spokesman to Jagaban's media aide, Saraki, from senate president to Chairman, faction B, Obj from navigator to speechless , the list is endless and the snake and ladder game kontinuus!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by signz: 8:20am On Jun 25, 2015
bodejohn:
I am still looking for the interest of the average Nigerian in all of this scheming...

Edited.

Look no further

Interest of the average Nigerian is not and has never been their agenda
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2015
Caseless:
Saraki is biting more than he can chew.
I disagree with u; he is just being democratic. Live with it
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by tsephanyah(f): 8:20am On Jun 25, 2015
emror4u:
Stop quoting posts If you don't haave anything intelligent to say,
is have not haave. Moses lifted Israel up when nimrad came.

he brought down this

and they are celebrating my birthday on

25 December

it doesn't make sense. senor sangri at work
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by onatisi(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2015
AdeniyiA:

That guy has 2019 in view
this is not an issue of 2019, the likelihood of saraki becoming the president of nigeria in 2019 is ratio 95 to 5 against him,saraki want to emulate david mark by becoming the senate president again in 2019. Honestly ,apc hands are tied in this matter and not even apc hands but all these schemings and co is the handiwork of very few apc leaders and members,and saraki knows this. This is what keeps giving him the confidence to move on ,if majority of apc leaders and elites are not in support of saraki ,I am sure he would have stepped back from his position. already there are reports of some apc govs accusing oyegun of collecting bribe from saraki because oyegun has already acknowledge him . Once the president sends his list of ministers to the senate and money starts pouring into the senate account ,all senators will face moni matta and leave party instructions for another time . even the reason why we are talking about this issue is because there is nothing to talk about, if maybe ministers have started working and issues from all ministries are been raised ,who will remember senate chief whip or senate leader posistion issue ?
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2015
okoomoge2:
I have been reading from a far and watching the dramas at the Senate.

I pray Saraki reads this:

Your eminent father Alh Olushola Abubakar Saraki, dined well with the truthful ulamus in Agbaji and he listened to word of caution and advise. He was a grassroot politician, who dealt with Elderly women all in ilorin, he had their full support. Hence, with Allah's grace he became the lifeline of Kwara / Kogi politics.

The great Zulu Kaneni Gamabari was a Shiek and Emir, who was also powerful! Even IBB with all his powers consulted and feared Zulu Kaneni Gambari of Ilorin. Your eminent father of blessed memory was a very loyal subject of the great Zulu kaneni Gambari!

My word of advise to you: I see you heading to a path you may not be able to recover from politically and personally. Please remember Pharaoh was so powerful and even Moses could not done anything to him, God himself destroyed Pharaoh under the Red Sea. Irony, if anybody had told you no one born of woman can harm you, just remember pharaoh.

Please Bukola, mo to Jo awon Agba mole! Have a rethink on how your eminent father Alh Olushola Saraki played his politics, you could borrow some olive branch from this, to quickly realign things.

Wish you the very best !!

what kinda foolish politics was dat?
Tryng to turn kwara to a familiocracy.
From father to son to daughter to maybe grandchildren. Was that a sane politician?
Did he bought kwara state or he was d man that discover kwara state?
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by fx45(m): 8:21am On Jun 25, 2015
phransix147:

Aint u contradicting urself? U just listed some bad eggs of APC which actually came from PDP...
Does it mean that you failed basic reading and comprehension? Good God! You stated in your earlier post that PDP destroyed Nigeria and they cannot be trusted with governance again. I made you understand that APC, a party formed less than two years ago is constituted by former PDP members including its leadership. The same people you accuse of destroying Nigeria. Who is fooling who?

I will ask you again....
1. What/who is APC and what/who is PDP?
2. Is it the name that makes a party or the people that constitute its membership?

I need answers to my questions and I hope you wont goof again this time around.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by luvmijeje(f): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2015
Noblechykk:

Did I hear u say limit him to the senate & keep him out of the party? I don't understand. Do you at all understand the power at the disposal of a senate president? I have just detected hipocrisy here. Tambuwal did the same & u guys clapped. What goes around comes around. Note this, Saraki is about to become the most powerful & popular senate president ever. Do u know why? Not because he is a good man but because he has a United 49 behind him. He is practically untouchanble. Live with it.

Yes! Made mostly of PDP's members. So I understand why he's a good man in your opinion.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Banter1(m): 8:22am On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki is a traitor & a betrayer. I hate him so much.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by phransix147(m): 8:23am On Jun 25, 2015
fx45:

Does it mean that you failed basic reading and comprehension? Good God! You stated in your earlier post that PDP destroyed Nigeria and they cannot be trusted with governance again. I made you understand that APC, a party formed less than two years ago is constituted by former PDP members including its leadership. The same people you accuse of destroying Nigeria. Who is fooling who?

I will ask you again....
1. What/who is APC and what/who is PDP?
2. Is the name that makes a party or the people that constitute its membership?

I need answers to my questions and I hope you wont goof again this time around.

FYI they never formed APC they joined APC... I see the brilliant one that is not even abreast with modern day politics
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by BraniacX(m): 8:25am On Jun 25, 2015
dustmalik:

He played his hand too early in the game, and on top of that, he's still proving to be stubborn. Now everyone knows how desperate and ambitious he is. He'll be easily tamed.

By who?

APC is the majority in both houses yes!!

Just not by much
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by slimthando(m): 8:25am On Jun 25, 2015
walahi apc is confused
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by onatisi(m): 8:28am On Jun 25, 2015
Banter1:
Saraki is a traitor & a betrayer. I hate him so much.
hate or despise him ,all na ur own problem and headache he doesn't know u or anything about ur existence. So better free urself from that hate and move on with ur life ,saraki is already the senate president of this great country and there is nothing anybody can do about that now.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by fx45(m): 8:34am On Jun 25, 2015
phransix147:

FYI they never formed APC they joined APC... I see the brilliant one that is not even abreast with modern day politics
I don't care about who formed APC... I'm only interested in its membership/leadership as presently constituted. In case you have amnesia, APC was formed by 4 caucuses vis-a-vis....
1. CPC
2. ACN
3. ANPP
4. nPDP
Lone rangers like Rochas Okorocha were also involved.

The sad reality for you today is that the leadership of the APC as presently constituted has been hijacked by the PDP faction. I dont understand what your argument is all about, honestly.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by BraniacX(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

If Saraki goes ahead to defy the party, APC will still become a minority party. They will lose more if Saraki is not expell from the party. They must put their foot down NOW when they still have support of the majority.

Majority of what?

Sarakis like minded group is still larger and more progressive than that of lawan containing senators the likes of Dino melaye amongst others, and it is getting larger by the day as its selling ticket like tambuwal's was is independence of the legistature and all this is internally at the party level, you don't need me to tell you whom the very significant PDP minority will back. So i ask you again, Majority of what?

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

There's no New APC for Saraki and his group, the only option left for them is to go back to PDP.

If I'm Lawan, I'll also go behind to make deal with someone like David Mark and let's see who will lose.
It's quite unfortunate that u guys are so blinded by selfish party loyalty to see that Saraki's action is good for the nation. For the past sixteen years that PDP held sway, the reason why the country remained under-developed is because after election, comes settlement. Tambuwal started changing that in 2011; of course APC lawmakers were the major actors then and now Saraki. It is bringing god fatherism to end.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by sammyemmy01: 8:36am On Jun 25, 2015
[size=18pt]Check out this shocking discovery from this website below:[/size]

[size=14pt]www.payzawealth..com[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Residents Flee Numan, Adamawa Over Soldiers & Fulani Clash (Photos) / Siege: We Must Get You, Police Tells Melaye / NDLEA Arrests Wanted Druglord, Intercepts Cannabis, Heroin, Tramadol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.