Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts (31602 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video) / BREAKING: APC Senators Defy Party, Nominate Ali Ndume As Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Chigorkizz(m): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2015
Saraki is right.

Sentiment apart:other zones must be represented.

shebi na change.

All zones must chop.

i no be Yollowba o!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by otr1(m): 7:07am On Jun 25, 2015
cktheluckyman:

Saraki controls politics in his home state of kwara, He dosent need APC to win elections there
Not when the Central Government still controls security aparatus. I'm also from that state and I can tell you, his downfall is lurking around the corner.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by pat077: 7:10am On Jun 25, 2015
The current brouhaha going on in the National assembly is a good one COZ it's gonna keep the house leadership on their toes as an attempt or attempted attempt to loot will be blown out of proportion unlike we had in the 7th assembly.

2 Likes

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by gratiaeo(m): 7:11am On Jun 25, 2015
APC governors must respect party’s position: pay civil servants and contractors promptly. Mind the administration of the states, not trying to dictate to federal legislators.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by gratiaeo(m): 7:11am On Jun 25, 2015
grin
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Orikinla(m): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2015
PaulSteve:
What do you expect of an opposition party whose future looked bright and so many decampees joined it from the ruling party to emerge victorious?
Obviously APC had not blended well when it won,hence the many anti-party activities!
Unfortunately it has to learn to manage these anti-party activities till the next polls.
. God is answering our prayers to separate the sheep from the goats and to expose the wolves in sheep clothing for the good shepherd PMB to know them earlier than later so that he can address the problems before they become worse.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by solidgidlas(m): 7:12am On Jun 25, 2015
Luv dis man saraki he understands politcs very well. I dnt C apc making directives dat favours itslf. Its selfish and useless directives dat are coming out 4rm dir leader who are full of deceit. APC's doom quarter-to
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by abraka00(f): 7:17am On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=okoomoge2 post=35124696]I have been reading from a far and watching the dramas at the Senate.

I pray Saraki reads this:

Your eminent father Alh Olushola Abubakar Saraki, dined well with the truthful ulamus in Agbaji and he listened to word of caution and advise. He was a grassroot politician, who dealt with Elderly women all in ilorin, he had their f

APC is reaping d fruits of its hard labour. Long live Saraki and Dogora. Shame to u and Tinubu.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by illiad: 7:19am On Jun 25, 2015
Apc should have remained an opposition that's what they're naturally made.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by ProfessorPeter(m): 7:20am On Jun 25, 2015
APC rigged Buhari to power through Jega and PDP come rigged national assemble election through Saraki/ Dogara.
One thing is certain, they must accept Saraki/dogara by fire by force and make them manufacture 2/3 lawmakers to impeach them. This i think say na impossican
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by AdeniyiA(m): 7:24am On Jun 25, 2015
dustmalik:

He played his hand too early in the game, and on top of that, he's still proving to be stubborn. Now everyone knows how desperate and ambitious he is. He'll be easily tamed.
That guy has 2019 in view
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by bamite(m): 7:27am On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
And Saraki takes his tomfoolery to another level- talk about a dog not heeding its master's whistle.

The man Saraki has risen so high he's gonna hit the ground with a very large thud people miles away would hear it, and when he does he'd be lucking walking with a permanent limp- I see him crawling permanently.

Dude is just disgusting.
Take heart bro. But Nigerians have to start getting used to the fact that godfatherism can not continue forever in our political sphere.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Reference(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

Sefini. A gauntlet has been thrown down, he either read the names or be expell from the party. Oh, how I love the way the party publicly made his demand known.

At this point, the party have nothing to lose.

Are you serious. If he leaves and takes his group with him the APC will become a nominal minority party. The problem with the APC is the lack of leadership. Most of its members are more concerned about power and the trappings of office rather than on building the party structure. The stench of greed in its ranks is becoming repulsive to well-meaning people.

I predicted a split party a year and a half to elections in 2019. The seeds are germinating. Today it is between those in government offices and those in party offices. As the party people seek alternative candidates, the government people will seek alternative platforms. NewAPC loading....
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by fx45(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
phransix147:
Same party the plunged Nigeria into this financial mess and had no regards for the common masses? I disagree with u pls..
Really? Now let's do a roll call...
1. Bukola Saraki..... 15 years in PDP
2. Atiku Abubakar..... 15 years in PDP
3. Yakubu Dogara..... 15 years in PDP
4. Chibuike Amaechi.... 15 years in PDP
5. Olusegun Obasanjo.... 16 years in PDP
6. Rabiu Kwankwaso..... 15 years in PDP
7. Nasir El-Rufai.... 14 years in PDP
8. Abdulfatah Ahmed.... 15 years in PDP

*Please anybody can modify and add more names to this list. I'm already tired....

Actually the list is endless and these are the key men and driving forces behind the APC. Majority of the people in APC today are PDP decampees. So I make bold to ask you to sincerely tell everybody on this forum who exactly it is that destroyed this country. I would also implore you to tell the world where those people can be found at the moment.

Please, what/who exactly is PDP and what/who is APC? Where does the difference lie? Is it the name of the party or the people that make up the party? I need you to give an intelligent and unbiased response...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by koladebrainiac(m): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
onatisi:
so who will tame him? Buhari abi? Or tinubu? Siddon there, there is an ongoing power change going on in apc and the gladiators u feel are mighty and supreme are gradually been pushed out. Buhari has no choice but to work peacefully with the senate leadership if he wishes to accomplish anything meaningful. Once committees are set up ,all other senators opposing saraki will fall into line . In politics it is all about interest and not sentiments or emotions.
you have no idea . tinubu n oyegun n apc party has more upper hand than Saraki. He is just forging alliance that Will not last. By The time those his friends see hom for who he is , he will come back come begging. Because hr wont go back to PDP again . his game of thrones is dangerous. He should bend a little.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by tsephanyah(f): 7:29am On Jun 25, 2015
just passing-by
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by tsephanyah(f): 7:32am On Jun 25, 2015
fx45:

Actually the list is endless and these are the key men and driving forces behind the APC. Majority of the people in APC today are PDP decampees. So I make bold to ask you to sincerely tell everybody on this forum who exactly it is that destroyed this country. I would also implore you to tell the world where those people can be found at the moment.

Please, what/who exactly is PDP and what/who is APC? Where does the difference lie? Is it the name of the party or the people that make up the party? I need you to give an intelligent and unbiased response...
pls. translate unto French
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by kelvin1151(m): 7:38am On Jun 25, 2015
saraki is actually the true meaning of opposition
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Kog45(m): 7:39am On Jun 25, 2015
okoomoge2:
I have been reading from a far and watching the dramas at the Senate.

I pray Saraki reads this:

Your eminent father Alh Olushola Abubakar Saraki, dined well with the truthful ulamus in Agbaji and he listened to word of caution and advise. He was a grassroot politician, who dealt with
Elderly women all in ilorin, he had their full support. Hence, with Allah's grace he became the lifeline of Kwara / Kogi politics.
The great Zulu Kaneni Gamabari was a Shiek and Emir, who was also powerful! Even IBB with all his powers consulted
and feared Zulu Kaneni Gambari of Ilorin. Your eminent father of blessed memory was a very loyal subject of the great Zulu kaneni Gambari!
My word of advise to you: I see you heading to a path you may not be able to recover from politically and personally. Please remember Pharaoh was so
powerful and even Moses could not done anything to him, God himself destroyed Pharaoh under the Red Sea. Irony, if anybody had told you no one born of woman can harm you, just remember pharaoh.

Please Bukola, mo to Jo awon Agba mole! Have a rethink on how your eminent father Alh Olushola Saraki played his politics, you could borrow some olive branch from this, to quickly realign
things.
Wish you the very best !!
honestly u are a typical ilorin boy and I love your post but it seems you are outdated in d new politics going on in Nigeria.Saraki has not betray anybody but pursue his political career in a legitimate way like other politicians.The politics in APC is a game and d players involve know what they are up to,so let leave d internal politics going on in APC for d player to decide.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by luvmijeje(f): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2015
Reference:

Are you serious. If he leaves and takes his group with him the APC will become a nominal minority party. The problem with the APC is the lack of leadership. Most of its members are more concerned about power and the trappings of office rather than on building the party structure. The stench of greed in its ranks is becoming repulsive to well-meaning people.

I predicted a split party a year and a half to elections in 2019. The seeds are germinating. Today it is between those in government offices and those in party offices. As the party people seek alternative candidates, the government people will seek alternative platforms. NewAPC loading....

There's no New APC for Saraki and his group, the only option left for them is to go back to PDP.

If I'm Lawan, I'll also go behind to make deal with someone like David Mark and let's see who will lose.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 25, 2015
bodejohn:
I am still looking for the interest of the average Nigerian in all of this scheming...

Edited.
no interest oooo...its all about them...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by olutunde12(m): 7:46am On Jun 25, 2015
eliwa47:
Saraki, saraki, saraki! how many times did i called u? OK no answer me. lol. there's no movie without an END.

Yes. But do you mean the END of Tinubu?
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by agabaI23(m): 7:54am On Jun 25, 2015
modath:

You will look till 2019 when they'll return to beg for votes & the circle will return again...

Seems Saraki has decided to make the upper chamber his mini fiefdom.but APC should make sure he doesn't get away with this plan of his, he didn't get a senatorial seat on his own name only but with the party's assent....

He should be allowed to leave if he wants to & the chips fall wherever they may,cos his open defiance will not do the party any good in the long run..

Presently he enjoys no goodwill from well meaning nigerians but the bigots & ethnic warlords who have no sense of decency..

Don't know why I have that feeling that he is enjoying his last taste of political relevance.
Modath, can you tell me honestly what you said when Tambuwal emerged? What was your position on his obvious antiJonathan/PDP activities? If you tell me, I will answer you. Meanwhile I competed in 5000 meters yesterday and got second position
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by abtmaviz(m): 7:55am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

Sefini. A gauntlet has been thrown down, he either read the names or be expell from the party. Oh, how I love the way the party publicly made his demand known.

At this point, the party have nothing to lose.

APC has everything to lose,
They will lose control of the senate to PDP and whatever happens in the senate will definitely repeat itself in the house of rep

Btw, Saraki the torn in APC. Bringing back my umbrella to life kiss
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Thanks to Sir Saraki!
Other zones nor go CHOP? shocked

First dem say na CHANGE!
Now, fight efrywhia!
APC na real DEMONIC PARTY I swia!!!! angry

Lol. When was the last time u came to Nigeria?
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Chinom(m): 7:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Tinubu is toast. This a'int Lagos state no more. He is just a local champion. Saraki is doing everything right.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by cuteboy2: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2015
abuayman:
In as much that I am not in support of imposition of candidates by any political party, the two main candidates in this power tussle, being Sen lawal and Akume needs to be compensated with a juicy senate leadership position, if not, this may just ignite a new crisis prone Senate just like the time of Okadigbo, Ewerem, Wabara etc

And what exactly do you mean by "juicy"? Does that not connote curroption? And that these national assembly positions will be used to milk the nation dry via fake probes of Ministries and Government Agencies?

And why should the National Assembly "compensate" a particular senator? Did he contribute more than other senators in APC?
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 25, 2015
luvmijeje:

If Saraki goes ahead to defy the party, Buhari will still become a sitting duck. We have a Senate controlled by PDP.

Now what the party must do is to limit the power of Saraki only to the Senate. Keep him out of the party.

Eehn! That will be APC shooting themselves in the leg.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by onatisi(m): 7:57am On Jun 25, 2015
blackboy:
So far I don't see anything wrong with how they are choosing their key figures. We should remember that they are Nigerian which should come first and should not be anyone's puppet. Even if they represent at party they should do what is right. God bless Nigeria , God bless the 8th National Assembly
thank you ooo,ppl don't know what is happening. How can ppl expect saraki the senate leadership positionw with ppl that doesn't want him as the senate president and who will remove him the following week they are installed? saraki isn't a fool. Secondly ,he said the various available positions should be zoned to various regions so that the senate leadership will have a federal character outlook ,what is wrong with this? The party just wants to fill the posts irrespective of regions or zoning. Apc can't do nada to saraki,so far saraki is on the popular side,I laugh when I read some ppl saying that apc will expel saraki ,let them try it . Ppl still don't realize that saraki has majority support among the senators and those shouting or making noise are actually in the minority. Once the officers are announced,apc can do whatever they want.

1 Like

Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by Noblechykk(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
omenka:
And Saraki takes his tomfoolery to another level- talk about a dog not heeding its master's whistle.

The man Saraki has risen so high he's gonna hit the ground with a very large thud people miles away would hear it, and when he does he'd be lucking walking with a permanent limp- I see him crawling permanently.

Dude is just disgusting.
Disgusting because things didn't go ur way? U guys are pathetic; the same imposition of candidates that tore PDP apart is what you guys are still encouraging. Well, the most formidable union has taken place between Saraki & PDP. The earlier u start living with it, the better for u, at least for the next four years.
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by phransix147(m): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
fx45:

*Please anybody can modify and add more names to this list. I'm already tired....

Aint u contradicting urself? U just listed some bad eggs of APC which actually came from PDP...
Re: APC Senators Defy Party, Fill Leadership Posts by modath(f): 7:58am On Jun 25, 2015
nunzk:
Wrong @ last taste. He broke his father's grip once so do not underestimate his maturity in THE GAME.quote author=modath post=35123207]

The only reason he was able to go against his father was because his father's action plan was totally ridiculous otherwise he would never have been able to achieve that feat!!!!

Which EMIR in a deeply patriachial society do you expect to bow to a WOMAN ??

Do you think it is moral & just for the bros to leave a post & sis takes over immediately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protesting Lawyers Disrupt NBA Session Over Amaechi! / Tompolo: ‘APC Govt Clueless, Fighting Everybody’ / Seyi Makinde Recovers, Tests Negative For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.