Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation (573 Views)

'Even Jesus Christ Did Not Go To School' – APC Defends Ortom / Amaechi To Sue Justice Okoro Over Bribery Allegation / I Withdraw My Congratulatory Message To Obaseki And Reject Edo APC Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by gidimasters(m): 4:14am On Jun 25, 2015
BENIN—EDO State chapter of All Progressives
Congress, APC, has dismissed, as
a figment of the imagination of the authors,
reports of bribery allegations,
purportedly levelled against the National
Chairman of the party, Chief
John Odigie-
Oyegun, by governors of the party.
State Publicity Secretary of the party, Godwin
Erhahon, who spoke on the issue,
yesterday, said: "The publication is a figment of
the imagination of
the author. We
in Edo State, have been able to read the
statement of the governors and the
national chairman and there was no spelt-out
allegation or call for
resignation."
According to the report , the eight APC
governors, including Governor Adams
Oshiomhole, were alleged to have held a
meeting with the national chairman,
where they expressed their displeasure over his
"collecting gifts from Senator
Bukola Saraki before the election, while
pretending to" be in support
of the party's
decision to cede the Senate Presidency to
Senator Ahmed Lawan.
Although the National Publicity Secretary of the
party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, had
refuted the claims, Erhahon insisted that the
state chapter of the party had
assessed the outcome of the meeting, which he
said did not border on the said
allegation.
He said: "In any case, who can bribe the
national chairman and what for? The
emergence of the current Senate President and
Speaker of the House of
Representatives was something that was not
expected. It took everybody by
surprise and the governor took his own position.
"Everybody is also aware that President
Mohammadu Buhari told everyone to
calm down and ensure that the matter was not
allowed to break the party. So, at
what level will bribery come in?" Source: http://www.gidimasters.com/2015/06/edo-apc-defends-oyegun-against-bribery.html?m=1
Re: Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by KanwuliaJara: 4:17am On Jun 25, 2015
Before nko?
Meanwhile, poor man dey die rotten with big-big BLOKOS all over Nigeria! cry

The moni una dey take probe, UNA NOR GO GO PAY PENSION AND SALARIES? grin

Stoooooopid COUNTRY! Stoooooopid PIPO!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by waleadex(m): 4:19am On Jun 25, 2015
I used to believe APC was a better party than PDP. But now my believe is promptly reversed. What a country!

1 Like

Re: Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by natas22: 4:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Bunch of thiefs its only on sai buhari that we still have hope on. The only politician in Nigeria who still have the fear of God other politicians are just afraid of there juju and cabal/godfather.
www.
Re: Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by ascaris(m): 4:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Our media make alot of gossips these days. They dont confirm info before publishing.
That Oyegun of a man looks so gentle and i doubt he can steal or hurt a fly. I have watched that man closely and i am convince he is a good man.

2 Likes

Re: Edo APC Defends Oyegun Against Bribery Allegation by softvio(m): 5:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Comot am na tinubu boi

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Traffic Piles Up On Lagos-abeokuta Exp As Bus Collide With Trailer / Six School Children Drown, As Boat Capsize In Lagos / Buhari Doing Well In Fending Off ISIS – Security Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.