Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

What Fruit Could This Be? - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Fruit Could This Be? (49424 Views)

What Fruit Is This? / About Niyya Farms - Farm Pride Fruit Juice And Yogurt / Where To Find Manufacturer Of Drying Machine For Dried Fruit Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by docmoses(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2015

K
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by IAmTobore(m): 8:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
Curiouscity:

Come, this section is not for this childish quarreling. Agric section is for matured minds with ideas to contribute.
@Pavore9, @Farmtech, can you call this people to order?
Look am sorry. It wasn't my fault. But the blockhead wouldn't leave me alone. Just pardon me.
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by Lintechincorp: 8:37am On Jul 03, 2015
It looks like coffee, u can browse coffee plant to confirm
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by Lintechincorp: 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2015
Example of a coffee tree
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by Curiouscity(m): 4:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
@Pavore9, @Farmtech, I hope you guys are not acting like the Nigeria Police - arresting the person that invited them to stop a fight.

My post that called your attention to the childish ranting of some posters here ended up being hidden. Which of the rules did it contravene?
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by Pavore9: 4:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
@Curiouscity, don't make me laugh with the nigeria police talk..lol! You did not contravene any rule, lt was hidden because u quoted the foul exchange of the two and didn't want the exchange to be in the public view nor instigate them to continue.
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by Toyatc: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
It's fig. I'm really surprised that a lot of people don't know. You can do a google check on fig tree/fruits.
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by mignone(f): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
yes it's fig&very much edible too
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by MsJJ(f): 12:01am On Dec 02, 2015
Passion fruit grows in Jos, i planted it in my parents house and also my parent inlaws have it too.... i also planted pomegranate in my parrent's house which gave only 1 fruit after 2 years, hoping for more in 2016, let us not limit our minds and underestimate what can come out of nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by imhere: 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2018
Passion fruit farming is expanding everyday in Africa and especially in Nigeria due to their economic, nutritional and health benefits. This is a plant that doesn't consume much space; an acre is too much for a high profiting orchard. Hybrid passion fruit takes about a year to mature and keep on producing fruits for about 6-7 years. Spacing is 3m....
http://www.enibest.com.ng/passion-fruit-farming/
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by anienge001: 5:17am On Aug 02, 2018
MsJJ:
Passion fruit grows in Jos, i planted it in my parents house and also my parent inlaws have it too.... i also planted pomegranate in my parrent's house which gave only 1 fruit after 2 years, hoping for more in 2016, let us not limit our minds and underestimate what can come out of nigeria.

How was the 2016 and 2017 harvest of the pomegranate? Any improvement?
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by imhere: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Dragon fruit is an exotic cactus, very nutritious and tasty. It is often used in jams, ice cream, fruit juice and wine.

It can be planted in the garden and in the field for commercial purposes. Pitaya starts bearing fruits after one year of planting. And aftter one month of flowering the fruits are ready for harvest. An acre will yield 5 to 6 tonnes averagely...
https://www.enibest.com.ng/all-posts/agriculture/dragon-fruit-farming-in-nigeria/
Re: What Fruit Could This Be? by ozispesal: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2023
We have the June plum, yellow monkey kola, red passion fruit, jack fruit, dragon fruit, fig, sugar apple or sweetsop, giant banana, soursop, raspberry, mulberry, butter avocado, strawberry, sweet potatoes, spondias mombin, pomegranate, grape vine ...
Contact 08037673530

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos) / 17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA / Indian Garri Being Sold In Nigerian Supermarkets (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.