Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag (44620 Views)

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry / Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by otiigba1(m): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
Then again i won't be flying nigerian airways even if is for free, the wheels will proberbly. fall off grin
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Maser: 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
This place looks like Nigerian High Commission near Trafalgar Square. I guess he's processing Nigerian visa hence the bag to show solidarity.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by AreaFada2: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
MrCEO69:
Will Nigeria every have its Airways back! Why are we in dis mess!
. Well Buhari and military successors killed it. OBJ left around 30 aeroplanes when leaving office in 1979. I remember it flying proudly during Shagari era. NA and Okada Air were favourite local flyers then. By 1999 only one jalopy plane was left. The same Buhari they are expecting miracle from.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
A classic example of other nationals rocking what Nigerians won't be caught dead with!
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
martyns303:
Looks like corn market street, oxford city centre. And that will be the building where Lloyds bank is.

You try.

So kasuwan masara dey England?

Wonderment!
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Maser: 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
They should bring back our flagship airline but managed by private sector operator just like British Airways did.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Moana(f): 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
propzncribz:
This bag is probably older than half of the Nairalanders smiley
the world used to make quality affordable bags then, not the rubbish you find in most shops these days.
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by OgaJonah(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I've got it also
lie grin
ECOTERRORS:
I've got it also
BIG lie.........!
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by dnative(m): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
martyns303:
Looks like corn market street, oxford city centre. And that will be the building where Lloyds bank is.

more like Nigeria High Commission, Northumberland Ave
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by warribadtguy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
omenalfa:
That elephant self.
The value of preservation which my people are yet to learn.
That bag is now a collectors item and is worth more than Nigeria Airways ever paid for it.

collectors what? wee you calm down ?
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by drololaaof: 7:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
When did he carry this bag?he is proud of the bag Naija will be better it will be well with Nigeria
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by akoaki(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
This picture reiterates the fact that the whites are better at maintainance than Africans. If a man could maintain a bag as old as this, still looking very presentable and neat; I wonder how wonderfully well he will maintain his household equipments, electronics, utensils and infact larger infrastructures like roads, bridges, refineries etc.

Meanwhile, the only fleet left of the Nigerian Airways are the 'private jets' that take-off mostly from Edo State between 1am - 3am. Gerrit? cheesy

Nigerians are the best at doing the worst things. Example is what we are witnessing in the national assembly show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Keneking:
It should be "Nigerian Airways"...

Anyway, this man has faith in Buhari... that is why he is carrying the bag so majestically. Our President plans to convert the aircraft fleet to NA.

- that bag must have been a souvenir.
- that man must have worked with the airlines either as a Pilot or Contractor.
- he may have tucked that bag in a cupboard hoping that Nigeria would be great again.

Sai Buhari grin

No its not. It's 'Nigeria Airways'..

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by logica(m): 8:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Keneking:
1. Qatar Airways (not Qatari)
2. Fiji Airways (not Fijian)
3. Kenya Airways (not Kenyan)

There really is no rule; some choose the country name, others choose the citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by bacco2000(m): 8:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
This bag is really old O°° cos the nigerian airways logo I know when I was still little has a flying bird logo inscribed in the N and not this flying elephant and I'm almost 30 yrs
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by MrCEO69(m): 8:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
AreaFada2:
. Well Buhari and military successors killed it. OBJ left around 30 aeroplanes when leaving office in 1979. I remember it flying proudly during Shagari era. NA and Okada Air were favourite local flyers then. By 1999 only one jalopy plane was left. The same Buhari they are expecting miracle from.

wow! #CHANGE indeed
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
Keneking:

Anyway, this man has faith in Buhari... that is why he is carrying the bag so majestically. Our President plans to convert the aircraft fleet to NA.

- that bag must have been a souvenir.
- that man must have worked with the airlines either as a Pilot or Contractor.
- he may have tucked that bag in a cupboard hoping that Nigeria would be great again.

Sai Buhari grin

Why are you always saying rubbish? undecided
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by laprince(m): 8:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
This picture reiterates the fact that the whites are better at maintainance than Africans. If a man could maintain a bag as old as this, still looking very presentable and neat; I wonder how wonderfully well he will maintain his household equipments, electronics, utensils and infact larger infrastructures like roads, bridges, refineries etc.

Meanwhile, the only fleet left of the Nigerian Airways are the 'private jets' that take-off mostly from Edo State between 1am - 3am. Gerrit? cheesy

You need help
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by bacco2000(m): 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
polaropo:
The airways died when they changed the LOGO to elephant

Did they change the logo from bird to elephant or from elephant to bird, cos the Nigeria airways I know has Bird inscribed in the N logo
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
teasel:
So, what's the big deal? Rubbish.
Omode lo n'se e

This was the time we had Green Eagles and F.A.A.N was called N.A.A
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by juman(m): 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
nigeria has been destroyed.
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wow! The bag is still very neat. I doff my hat for that old man for keeping that bag alive. The present Nigeria's airline carrier needs to purchase that bag for a huge amount of money and resurrect the dead Nigerian Airways. What is the dullard of a president waiting for?
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by rajoys: 9:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
ERODEDEAST:
This was before the "Katsina Illiterate" truncated our DEM-ALL CRASY. 83"

Eyahhh sowie, whether he is Katsina Illitrate or Katsina elite, get it sink down into your skull that he is and he will be your president, my president and our president in Nigeria for the next 4 yrs and u cannot do anything about it. The earlier u accept it the better so that u will not develop high blood pressure within this 4 yrs. The days and era of campaign of mudslinging is over. The reality is here and the reality is that President MOHAMMADU BUHARI is the President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Force of NIGERIA till 2019. Haters can as well hug transformer!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by aboabai(m): 9:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
ChigbunduE:
What is he trying to do, urinate on the street?

Ok you do not understand. The man was cold and his hands were in his pocket . Simple not trying to urinate. Doing that will cost him some pounds.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by 7508: 9:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
The man too smart, he is definitely a collector of some sort. Trinkets and artefacts like this often attract big money at auctions.

This goes to show you all how much our economy and national pride has deteriorated. The national carrier has only been defunct for about 25 odd years and the knick-knacks given out on the plane to passengers has turned collector item by oyinbo.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by easyelliot(m): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Old school.....I luv it
I remember flying with them as a child and the sense of pride

How could we screw this up??
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by adimbaifeanyi(m): 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is just a sign that our NIGERIA AIRWAYS will soon come back to LIFE!! grin
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by adimbaifeanyi(m): 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is just a sign that our NIGERIA AIRWAYS will soon come back to LIFE!! grin
Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by logica(m): 10:38pm On Jun 25, 2015
bacco2000:

Did they change the logo from bird to elephant or from elephant to bird, cos the Nigeria airways I know has Bird inscribed in the N logo
The first logo had an elephant. It was changed to an eagle when superstitious people attributed the elephant in the logo to the ills plaguing the airline. Their argument was "have you ever seen an elephant fly?". But superstition apart, the decision to use an animal that does not feature in the Nigerian emblem (elephant) when we had an eagle (that does fly) is a mystery.

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag by logica(m): 10:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
On the matter of the bag, the man was probably one of those expatriates we had in the employ of the airline. And I bet he had several of those bags (maybe even up to 20). Especially if he got the contract to supply the bags. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Terrible Multiple Accidents At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, This Morning (Pictures) / Bride-To-Be And Two Friends Die In Auto Crash A Week To Her Wedding In Uganda / A Discriminating Experience In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.