Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,548 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide (27220 Views)

Femi Adesina: ‘Okechukwu’ Buhari won’t abandon south-east / Buhari Won’t Change Position On Magu – Presidency Source / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by shawwal1(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wallahi baba Buhari har baka SA baki ba ,yan majalisan nan zasu hana ka cika mana alkawuran neman zabe,Allah ya taimaka
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by kay29000(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
He won't step in Abi....

I hope he enjoys watching the show of shame on international media tonight. angry angry angry angry

Introvert, do you have an App on your phone that notifies you whenever a new thread hits Front Page?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
He won't step in Abi....

I hope he enjoys watching the show of shame on international media tonight. angry angry angry angry
don't u have work to do.

U mate here in Melbourne have achieved something better in life
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Tecnonews24: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
STOP the excuses and do ur work?
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Danjuma827(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
. Wasn't him the same person that said that he won't fold his hands and watch the state and local government authorities in Nigeria be in a state of jeopardy? Please Mr president at least make an impact by bringing justice to Nigeria. starting from all these senators and house of reps member.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by ikelvin(m): 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
APC needs to count their votes again, they have become the minority majority party. cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Buhari to join PDP soon -Aide (New Special Media Aide to the President on Legislative matter)

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by seedorfg(m): 4:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
we vote for a president not a nass agbero assembly, buhari should ignore those useless tout and face his/her duty as a president-elect, not to intervene in a stupid senate janjawedian crisis

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Betternaija1: 4:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
Even if he wish to intervene is it not too late?
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Kufie(m): 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
Flashh:

If your brain isn't working again... Why can't you just swerve to Yabe-left? Arindin.

<(======

Yaba. Go there first then give me directions wink
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by daikale: 4:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
next
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by stuff46(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
SHAME ON THOSE OLD MEN!
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by nkem123(m): 4:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Leaventainment:
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, on Thursday said President Muhammadu Buhari would not intervene in the leadership crisis currently rocking the National Assembly until the All Progressives Congress’ state governors ask him to do so.

Shehu said this while featuring on Sunrise, a programme of a Lagos-based private television station, ChannelsTV.

He said Buhari would only step into the matter at the point when the APC state governors inform him that they cannot fix the problem.

He said that was necessary because the governors had during a meeting they had with the President on Tuesday night promised to handle the issue.

He said, “When the governors met with the President, they told him that ‘we are the leaders in our states and we have influence over all of these senators. They come from our places and from us and we can handle it.’

“The President will step into the crisis at the point when the governors say they can no longer fix it.”

In the event that he decides to intervene, the presidential spokesman said Buhari would not do that to the level of imposing leaders on the lawmakers.

Shehu said Buhari’s position on the matter had remained that the National Assembly is an independent arm of government and he would not be seen meddling in their affairs.

He said the governors while advising the President to maintain his posture, asked him to allow them handle the matter their own way.

He said the President has a responsibility to the party and to the nation.

He also said despite what was currently playing out in the National Assembly, the situation had not gone out of control.

“The President has a responsibility to the party, the President has a responsibility to the nation and as far as we are looking at the situation it has not gotten out of control. It is still within manageable parameters, it is a little storm we will overcome and Nigerians better get used to it,” he added.

Apparently reacting to a statement credited to the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Alhaji Lai Muhammed, that Buhari is not the leader of the party, Shehu said the President was the leader.

“Does it need to be said? I don’t think it needs to be said that the President is the leader of his party. There’s no question about it,” he declared.

He added that there is need for Nigerians to understand the basics of politics as the country is no more in the military era when decrees are made by a single leader.

“Politics, as its theory says, is basically about contest for interests and these interests may be fully defined by political party programme, while some of these things may be outside political party programme,” he said.

While corroborating Buhari’s claim that he inherited virtually empty treasury, the presidential spokesman challenged Nigerians to ask a former Minister of National Planning, Dr. Abubakar Suleiman, to give further explanations on the $30billion he claimed the former government left behind.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-buhari-wont-intervene-in-nass-crisis-aide/
I pity PMB.by d Time he realises d consequence of his non chalant attitude, he will be in frustration by then.let him ask Jonathan hw far.hw can u watch antagonists snatch away d party structure from u in d name of being a democrat.ok nah.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by INTROVERT(f): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
Gejpresident:
don't u have work to do.

U mate here in Melbourne have achieved something better in life

Nice one Mr President. grin
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by bigtt76(f): 4:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Correct man! Plain truth shikena ...the Senators/Reps were elected at the state level and representing their various states, it is the duty of the state governors to manage them or instigate the people of the state to recall them back.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by betty202020(m): 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
emmatok:

And where is Saraki and Dogora's confidence coming from.

Buhari might be behind the whole game, to cripple Tinubu machinery.
this is only person that understand the politics of nass. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Luukasz(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
INTROVERT:
He won't step in Abi....
Why should PMB intervene in the unfolding crisis in the NASS,afterall they didn't let him av control of the elections.So i dont see reasons why PMB must intervene,let those Usurpers/Greedy Men & Women in the Nass fight themselves till they end up destroying their Reputation just like the Treachrous Saraki & Dogara

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by chynergy1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
they should assign this to the
'ordinary commissioner'.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by kawkab: 4:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Lets hope and pray that PMB performs
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by hotgunz(m): 4:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
MosakuAW:
He wont intervene because he caused this crisis from the begining, by making that statement " I belong to everybody;I belong to nobody.

This was the statement that gave Saraki the power to flex power with APC leaders knowing well that PMB wont intervene.

Intervene now or not, the damage has already been done.

Politics is too bitter in this country, and i wouldnt be surprised if they start kill one another.

Naija I hail oooo.
abeg make I hear word... U hv been sayin ds "i belong to nobody a thousand time. They re talkin of House u re mention saraki @ senate how the take relate?
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by whyteone: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
In the event that he decides to intervene, the presidential spokesman said Buhari would not do that to the level of imposing leaders on the lawmakers.

Shehu said Buhari’s position on the matter had remained that the National Assembly is an independent arm of government and he would not be seen meddling in their affairs.

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-buhari-wont-intervene-in-nass-crisis-aide/[/quote]

It appears mr president isn't politically savvy.The success of his government lies in the hands of a 'friendly' NASS leadership.As a party man he must show more than a passing interest in the goings on at the NASS.Choosing not to INTERFERE in their affairs is tantamount to political harakiri!!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by koolly009: 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Register for a language course with "KOOL-END LANGUAGE CENTRE, Gwarinpa.
We teach German, French,Russian, Italian, Chinese, Spanish & English.
+Reg/ preparation class for TOEFL, IELTS, DELF, DALF & Zert Deutsch.
Venue: No 3, B - Close, 1st Avenue, Gwarinpa.
Call. 08035949272
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by MrLeno(m): 5:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
APC has not even being in power for long and the infighting is already one arm long.. This is not the change they promised us oh

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Leaventainment:
who else know this INTROVERT GIIRL?? SHE ALWAYS ON EVERY THREAD.. HAVE U NOTICED? SHE MAKES HER LIVING ON NAIRALAND NI?

This must be the biggest of all ur problems.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by tommykiwi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Who cares? As for me,I dont.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
A man's word is his bond. Nigerians are so used to impunity that they squeal at the slightest glimmer of order or rule of law.

The legislature was designed to be independent of the executive... If baba decides to intervene, it's only out of his magnanimity and love for his party.

Maybe he's forgetting one thing: that he needs the legislature in order to carry out his campaign promises. Now when they spend time fighting over house leadership and positions, will they have time to pass bills, screen ministers and carry out other functions to aid his administration? If he keeps waiting for them to ask him before he intervenes, as much as 3-6months may pass before his government starts functioning.

Intervening doesn't mean he decides who holds what position, but helping them reach a compromise.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by MosakuAW(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
hotgunz:
abeg make I hear word... U hv been sayin ds "i belong to nobody a thousand time. They re talkin of House u re mention saraki @ senate how the take relate?

See your life!

Which house are they talking about if not the Senate. Who started all this crisis if not Saraki wanting power at all cost.

If you dont know, then ask.

Shikena.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by chikwadomn(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Let them start what the party is knwn for....remember what they did to f....sho williams murdered in lagos!!!nemesis will carch up with them will avenge 4 him.

Dogora is a man of fire and an anoited king.....saraki,s

'S Godfather is God
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by CallPolice: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
#whatdoessarkireallywant?

He is the cause of all this. If Buhari should intervene now. They would say he is a dictator. I guess they have forgotten that part of him.
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by komek(m): 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
ionsman:
Did you read the article? Smh
She does not read things, all she does is to run for FTC. Empty thing
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by sunshine1974(m): 5:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Buhari is just too slow in everything. Till now no minister. Na wa o
Re: Why Buhari Won’t Intervene In NASS Crisis – Aide by Image123(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
QuotaSystem:
A man's word is his bond. Nigerians are so used to impunity that they squeal at the slightest glimmer of order or rule of law.

The legislature was designed to be independent of the executive... If baba decides to intervene, it's only out of his magnanimity and love for his party.

His mandate depends on the NASS, he shouldn't ignore the crisis. It's like JWs saying they don't want to interfere in human governance or democracy like it won't affect them. These are our leaders and their foolish and wise decisions affect everybody.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa PDP Chairman, Tiimi Alaibe, 1,100 Other PDP Members Defect To APC / Governor Alia Flags Off Housing Project In Benue On His First Day In Office / North Moves Against Jonathan: Northern Pro-jonathan Governors Get Threat Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.