Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. (829 Views)

Staying on my job or Further Training? / Should I Stay In My Old Job Or Move To This New One (I Need Serious Advice) / Man Graduates With A Distinction For Masters From A UK Uni And Offered A 50k Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. by Ooasis(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
kindly take time to read through and Pardon my errors pls.

I found myself in a situation where I need an advice.
I have a job on the mainland which pays 50k and I spend no transport at all. I started working there three months after my youth service with 45k, I wasn't satisfied with the job so I started searching for another, it(new job) wasn't coming so I decided to change my mindset and continue this for a while, after my grudges complaints to which the organization says they are not satisfied with my output and that they even wanted to lay me off, (which I knw is just gimmicks as I knw that I am there best staff) I got a raise to 50k after almost a year.
Why I don't like the job.
1. No productivity for a while now, not much jobs bringing in cash for the organization and I ain't happy doing nothing and earning at month end. I have talked to them about how to improve but they seem to want to move at there pace.
2. After the we want to lay you off saga, I feel like I really need to take my exit while the ovation is still loud.
3. I believe I need to change environment and meet new people, since here isn't interesting anymore, the workplace is not appalling and I am tired of the petty shits
4. The 50k salary will always make future job bargain allow recruiters look down on me and offer ridiculous pay.

I got a new job on the island 70k and I will be spending transport of 15k.
New environment, nice work environment and high career prospect cos it's an international organization with new challenges.

Cons
Thinking of traffic, the not to expectation salary and fear of uncertainty, kindly advice me what you think I should do.

Thanks, you may just have saved a life.

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. by Damey2011(m): 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Do whatever makes you happy sir

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. by hayortwice(m): 1:01am On Nov 19, 2015
do what dey ur mind bro
Re: Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. by sofadj(m): 6:12am On Nov 19, 2015
You gave reasons lo leave the old job and more reasons to get the new job.

You've answered yourself.

You want the new job

1 Like

Re: Advice:50k Job Or 70k Job On The Island, To Spend 15k Transport. by seun289(m): 6:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
Wud b better 2 stick wit d job on d island..

(1) (Reply)

How You Can Be Successful With Or Without A College Degree / 14 Email Etiquette Rules Every Professional Should Know / Hot Mtn New Job Vancancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.