Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) (63413 Views)

(PHOTO) What Is He Doing In The Classroom? / Hot Random Photos Of Yabatech Female Students / The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Comrade, how are you doing?
Its been a while.

Do you know what I discovered?
The use of a foreign language in teaching and learning is part of the problem.
Most often, the kids are battling with understanding of English and not even the topic being treated.

We keep learning words and their meanings in English and that is what is equated to education.

The day I discovered that "Opportunity Cost" as taught to us in Economics, is a very popular saying in Igbo, i felt like crying.

“Ọ na abụ aghara nkpa, emee nkpa” is a very popular saying in my place.

Translation:

sometimes you have to forgo an important thing, in order to accomplish another important thing.

My mother who never went to school know this theory.
To think I knew the theory, but could not reconcile it with "Scale of preference and opportunity cost", made me to realise that Africans are really dumb.

In our world, a "well learned man", is one who speaks the so called Queen's English.
All we have is ability to read and write English.

We cant creative and produce.
This is why Africa will remain poor.

Even if God were to push all the oil of this earth to us, we will sell it to import food, cloth, cars, electronics, etc.
The rich will still get richer and the poor will still get poorer.

That is why I am convinced breaking Nigeria is a way of breaking from the bondage of colonialism and the blindness there of.
We have to take our destiny into our hands.

Bro, I'm fine. I only stayed away for a few days in honour of a beloved female Nairalander who passed away a few days ago. I felt she deserved my deepest respect though we never knew ourselves. My signature is still in respect to her loving memory.

You know we have like minds when this topic of colonialism comes up. Insofar as we keep running this British experiment the way they desired it for us, there's NO going forward. No prayer and mere wishes can do that! It's just a natural law.

The Whites have a way of perpetuating their usefulness and influence. The smart Asians, having understood that fraud, have courageously cut off themselves from it and have designed a system that suits their peculiarity and uniqueness. That's exactly why you see the Asians and Chinese in particular doing really great.

There's hardly anything in terms of language and behaviour the Whites taught us that weren't already existing in our local customs and traditions; we just didn't write them that much. They're very good in that!

Bro, we have refused to think deeply. We can solve all our problems. We just need to think like the Japanese and the Chinese.

I endeavour as much as possible to speak my language to my siblings and loved ones. As for me, I've already started the process of decolonisation.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by OLUJOSHINS(m): 5:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
This is just too bad

U no dey sleep ?

ahn ahn .

U don dey carry FTC like water nowadays.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Dbrainiac1(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
INTROVERT:
This is just too bad
Always ftc... I say no be ur fault u r just jwabless, Mtcheeew Nonsense
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by INTROVERT(f): 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

Always ftc... I say no be ur fault u r just jwabless, Mtcheeew
Nonsense

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Holmes07(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
dayosaurus:
Lwkmd. Op please don't bad mouth My Alma mater.

This is part of 'school passing through you ', it's part of school life now meant to be enjoyed. We all passed through it n today we laugh anytime we remember.

I Hope The bed bug of MELB BLOCK AND SMBS ARE GIVING YOU PROPER ORIENTATION.

Even when they open hostel self, only a privileged few will get
Bros those Melb classes are the worst especially MELB 3-12. Na thr be d head quarters of bed bugs
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by dayosaurus(m): 8:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Holmes07:

Bros those Melb classes are the worst especially MELB 3-12. Na thr be d head quarters of bed bugs

Bros na so ooo.. Na compulsory orientation
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by patrickgeddes: 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
meeeen..... dis is an academic experience.. though a tough one.
i could recollect those day when i was in UNILAG...... securing accomodation was extremely tough then. only scholars and phydicallt challenged students were given priority. all these nonesense affects students psychology and academic performance. buh those useless people at NATIONAL ASSEMBLY ll neva say anything about it since their children share no portion of d pains.
i pray dat one day there ll be a change in dis country.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, I'm fine. I only stayed away for a few days in honour of a beloved female Nairalander who passed away a few days ago. I felt she deserved my deepest respect though we never knew ourselves. My signature is still in respect to her loving memory.

You know we have like minds when this topic of colonialism comes up. Insofar as we keep running this British experiment the way they desired it for us, there's NO going forward. No prayer and mere wishes can do that! It's just a natural law.

The Whites have a way of perpetuating their usefulness and influence. The smart Asians, having understood that fraud, have courageously cut off themselves from it and have designed a system that suits their peculiarity and uniqueness. That's exactly why you see the Asians and Chinese in particular doing really great.

There's hardly anything in terms of language and behaviour the Whites taught us that weren't already existing in our local customs and traditions; we just didn't write them that much. They're very good in that!

Bro, we have refused to think deeply. We can solve all our problems. We just need to think like the Japanese and the Chinese.

I endeavour as much as possible to speak my language to my siblings and loved ones. As for me, I've already started the process of decolonisation.

Accept my sympathy over the loss.

I will send you a mail later.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Accept my sympathy over the loss.

I will send you a mail later.

Thanks, boss.

I kindly wait for it sir.

I'm still weeping within! She was testified of as having lived a meaningful life.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by justmi1: 8:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
The problem with yabatech is space, too many students and less space to accommodate all but still on still, the first is still the best...... As a graduate of yabatech I make bold to say that I will give my university counterparts a run for their Bsc anyday at any Time t.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Holmes07(m): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
carik:
Things have worsened in yaba college of technology after the school has refused to begin the sale of hostel accommodation form a month after resumption.

The school authority has given no reason for it and the students suffer and go through a lot.

Its bad to see students who come from different parts of the country and have no relative in lagos sleep in classrooms to meet up with lectures and assignments.

Most of them have resorted to sleeping in classes.
It is very bad to see students wash their clothes and dry it in classroom to the extent of taking their bath outside classes and all corners of the school very early in the morning around 4 a.m

It has been happening for many years and nothing is done about it.

We need the authorities to see this because it is inhumane

Mods please help out

Carik aw va u nau? Guy u fall hand oo,shey na wetin u do n naim go make dem release hostel form on time? #I_rep_YCT
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by carik(m): 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Holmes07:

Carik aw va u nau? Guy u fall hand oo,shey na wetin u do n naim go make dem release hostel form on time? #I_rep_YCT

Bro,the plight should be made known to the public.Most people don't know what these students pass through.If you don't speak out,they will keep serving you poo and that's what ruins the country.
Btw i can't recognise you with that username.
Can you identify yourself?
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Holmes07(m): 10:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
carik:

Bro,the plight should be made known to the public.Most people don't know what these students pass through.If you don't speak out,they will keep serving you poo and that's what ruins the country.
Btw i can't recognise you with that username.
Can you identify yourself?
I'm a yct ND fresher.. Wat abt u?
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by carik(m): 7:35am On Jun 27, 2015
Holmes07:

I'm a yct ND fresher.. Wat abt u?

final year student.
From your quote,i felt like you know me.
What department?
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by ifeanyi83(m): 9:26am On Jun 27, 2015
That's what happens when you have a puppet as the S.U.G president...it rarely happened during my time there...
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by ifeanyi83(m): 9:32am On Jun 27, 2015
justmi1:
The problem with yabatech is space, too many students and less space to accommodate all but still on still, the first is still the best...... As a graduate of yabatech I make bold to say that I will give my university counterparts a run for their Bsc anyday at any Time t.

Absolutely bro...a certain federal university stopped taking Architecture students in their D.E programe because we we're way above even their 400 level students....I rep YABATECH Dept. of Architecture.... wink
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by dmuchwells(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2015
all yabatech care for is money....we doing pt ain't get light at night...no good generator all na zero............shoutout to all my guys sleeping in new building / ce18
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by ndibeemma(m): 3:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
ifeanyi83:
That's what happens when you have a puppet as the S.U.G president...it rarely happened during my time there...
yabatech no get sug again o.well the hostel form is now available since ysterday
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by Olami90: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
tboibamz:

Good start but stupid end. Focus on the issue here. Address the sex thing where it's appropriate.

And wot is ur business wit analysing my post? Only foolish pple capitalise on others comment wen dey av got notin in dia head to contribute.
Dat how idiot wld reply wen dey fall into d category
#swerve jare, imbe****!
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by tboibamz: 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
Olami90:

And wot is ur business wit analysing my post? Only foolish pple capitalise on others comment wen dey av got notin in dia head to contribute.
Dat how idiot wld reply wen dey fall into d category
#swerve jare, imbe****!

Are you okay?... Everyone's talking A ure talking B..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by jiderazaq: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
It's so painful that the students are bringing up something like this inorder to tarnish the image of the school and the name of the Rector.Most of these students are part timers that refused to go home after their first semester break.The school environment is being messed up by this so called part timers who even go as far as removing banners from the posted zones, the school toilets are not excluded from their mess, during my findings most of these part timers claimed to be a full time student at their various homes which resulted in them not being able to go home because they wanna enjoy the social life of the school and the part timers aren't entitled to the school hostel which led them to sleeping in classrooms.our government are the one not helping issues.
Re: Bad Condition Of Yabatech Students Sleeping In The Classroom(pics) by tboibamz: 12:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
jiderazaq:
It's so painful that the students are bringing up something like this inorder to tarnish the image of the school and the name of the Rector.Most of these students are part timers that refused to go home after their first semester break.The school environment is being messed up by this so called part timers who even go as far as removing banners from the posted zones, the school toilets are not excluded from their mess, during my findings most of these part timers claimed to be a full time student at their various homes which resulted in them not being able to go home because they wanna enjoy the social life of the school and the part timers aren't entitled to the school hostel which led them to sleeping in classrooms.our government are the one not helping issues.

If only you knew what ure saying

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Colonialism, Positive Or Negative Influences? / O.a.u Pre-degree 2012/2013 Admisssion!! / Full List Of Successful Candidates In The 2014 Nigerian Army Recruitment Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.