Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy (3983 Views)

Mohammed Babangida Drags Rahma To Sharia Court / Statement By Kano Government About The Woman Murdered For Blasphemy / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
This thread belongs here and NOT in Islam For Muslims only.

The political and diplomatic fall out of this sentence goes beyond making this a religious issue.

So please who ever is on janitor duties, do not move from here.

[size=18pt]Kano Sharia Court sentences 8 to death for blasphemy[/size]

KANO – A Sharia court in Kano has sentenced a woman and 7 others to death for blasphemy.

Earlier in May, an Islamic cleric, Abdul Inyass of Tijjaniya sect was arrested alongside 11 others for denigrating the Prophet of Islam.

A statement by the Chief Registrar, Kano sharia court, signed on his behalf by Alhaji Nasiru made available to reporters in Kano Thursday stated that 4 others were discharged.

Details soon.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/kano-sharia-court-sentences-8-to-death-for-blasphemy/#sthash.Vy4mwGzd.dpuf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by temitemi1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Capital NONSENSE!!

3 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
You only hear of this kind of rubbish in places like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan....

This is exactly how we used to hear of suicide bombings as well.

This country is finished!

6 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 11:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
What can I say. I really am losing faith in this country. A country where freedom of expression is prohibited is not a country to die for.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by sunsewa: 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Dollyak:
What can I say. I really am losing faith in this country. A country where freedom of expression is prohibited is not a country to die for.

but freedom of expression is not prohibited in 9ja,rather we have freedom of information (foi)courtesy of GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 12:01am On Jun 26, 2015
sunsewa:

but freedom of expression is not prohibited in 9ja,rather we have freedom of information (foi)courtesy of GEJ.
Well in the southern region it isn't, but in the north there are limits to what you can say. It's a gloomy situation, I tell you.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:27am On Jun 26, 2015
Dollyak:

Well, freedom of speech/expression does not necessarily mean freedom to insult; even the Pope has spoken against such provocation, where he recently illustrated that by saying if you insult my mother I will punch you - or something to that effect.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by vanunu: 4:09am On Jun 26, 2015
This is exactly what boko haram wants.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by newguy1(m): 5:04am On Jun 26, 2015
Is it in constitution to sentence them to death. Inbetween its a strong message ....no homo...............allowed

1 Like

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 5:38am On Jun 26, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

Well, freedom of speech/expression does not necessarily mean freedom to insult; even the Pope has spoken against such provocation, where he recently illustrated that by saying if you insult my mother I will punch you - or something to that effect.
This is a secular country and people should be allowed to express their mind without getting killed. Lots of Muslims insult Christians and the religion all the time and I haven't seen any killing by any authority-in Europe and Africa at least. It is a criminal offence for anyone to practice this things on muslims but it isn't for our beliefs smh.
The question is,
Should Muslim's law influence our constitution? What about other's beliefs like atheist, Christian, agnostic etc. I heard it is a punishable offence to denounce your muslim faith in the north, which shouldn't happen.

Anyways, muslim needs to respect other people's opinion and beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 5:42am On Jun 26, 2015
vanunu:
This is exactly what boko haram wants.
Exactly! You can't just force your beliefs on everyone. I am sure there would be a massive retaliation if this were done to muslims. Bunch of hypocrites.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Chiefpriest1(m): 5:49am On Jun 26, 2015
I hope those affected are not people of other religious faiths.

They can only be tried under sharia if they agree to, otherwise they should be freed immediately.

Sharia is for Muslims and nobody has any right to try a non-muslim under the sharia law

2 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Minet16(m): 7:06am On Jun 26, 2015
h
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2015
That is what I call Legal Jiharidism.

Jihardism is enshrined in the constitution of Nigeria in the form of Sharia.

Death by hanging for blasphemy?

Where is Oby Ezekwesiri?
Where the human rights activists?
Where are those trying to convince me to remain a Nigerian?

I cannot belong to a country where the citizens are condemned to death for expressing themselves on religion or any other issue.

I am once more appealing to all Biafrans to close ranks.
We must secure our borders from these wannabe Arabs and their primitive religion.

Let me stop here before I am accused of blasphemy.

To hell with "ONE" Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

They can only be tried under sharia if they agree to, otherwise they should be freed immediately.

Sharia is for Muslims and nobody has any right to try a non-muslim under the sharia law

Bros, the blasphemy law in Islam spares no one. That is why you hear about Moslems rioting over carttons.

Nigerians are hypocrites. We already have two countries. Sharia superceeds the laws of Nigeria. Nigeria is an Islamic nation.

This is one major reason why some of us want Biafra. Sharia is legal Jihardism.

We cannot stop them from living their lives, but we can stop them from ruining our own
Time is running out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by SOUNDKING: 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Where is Oby Ezekwesiri?

I cannot belong to a country where the citizens are condemned to death for expressing themselves on religion or any other issue.

We must secure our borders from these wannabe Arabs and their primitive religion.

my brother i love you so much, it only in typical zoo that two constitution are implemented. God has punished one Nigeria, in Biafra i believe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Where is Oby Ezekwesiri?

Why don't you relocate?
You can try dubai ( United Arab Emirates)
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
“Mocked were (many) Messengers before thee; but the scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.” [Surah Al-An’aam 6:10].

I strongly condemn the acts of these ignorant foools but I don't think a death penalty is necessary.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If there is any way (to avoid punishing someone for a legal offence), let that person go. For it is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing." (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1011).

As for those shouting Biafra, I support that as well. As for those complaining about free speech, you don't know what you're saying. Hollywood chipolatas.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Why don't you relocate?

Bros, I am not relocating to any place.

We are doing all we can to make sure we get our independence.
When we are gone, the Arab wannabes up North can have all the liberty to practice their primitive religion with their barbaric laws.

Enough of this hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Why don't you relocate?
Relocate out of his own country? Thief! You guys want to have everything to yourselves. Next time use your tiny brain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:
“Mocked were (many) Messengers before thee; but the scoffers were hemmed in by the thing that they mocked.” [Surah Al-An’aam 6:10].

I strongly condemn the acts of these ignorant foools but I don't think a death punishment is necessary.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If there is any way (to avoid punishing someone for a legal offence), let that person go. For it is better for a leader to make a mistake in forgiving than to make a mistake in punishing." (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1011).

As for those shouting Biafra, I support that as well. As for those complaining about free speech, you don't know what you're saying. Hollywood chipolatas.

Your convictions are your convictions.
Mine is mine.

Nobody, I repeat nobody under the sun has any right to punish you over your convictions.
The best we can do is to discuss.
You lay down your points and I lay down mine

You dont believe in the records of the Bible which I believe
I have no right to call for your head.

I believe the Koran is a concoction of lies.
You have no right to call for my head.

God is bigger than all.
He has power to judge right and wrong.

"He who is without sin, let him be the first to cast stone". - Jesus The Christ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dollyak:

Relocate out of his own country? Thief! You guys want to have everything to yourselves. Next time use your tiny brain.

That is their mentality.
They want us to convert to some primitive Arabian Way of life (in the name of religion) by force or they will slaughter us and take over lands.

It is going on in the Middle Belt and Nigerians are keeping quite.
I wonder for how long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Bros, I am not relocating to any place.

We are doing all we can to make sure we get our independence.
When we are gone, the Arab wannabes up North can have all the liberty to practice their primitive religion with their barbaric laws.

Enough of this hypocrisy.
I wish you best of luck in your quest for independence.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Thanks a million times.
However, if you are from the North, you guys should start thinking outside th box.
You need to break loose from the shackles of Arabia slavery.

I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dollyak:

As usual, you have to use abusive words.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

As usual, you have to use abusive words.
I am sorry but it is not acceptable to tell someone to leave their country especially when you consider the context. Northern Muslims in Nigeria get away with many things Christians dare not try. Sympathise with other people for once. Is it a must everyone must subscribe to Islamic religion?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Oh yes by God we will leave this useless nation and you can have all your sharia to yourself.

Fark Mohammed by the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Dollyak:

We already have everything to our selves. And please, the people involved aren't even christians, so please, keep the f*ck out of our business. Attention seekers.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Thanks a million times.
However, if you are from the North, you guys should start thinking outside th box.
You need to break loose from the shackles of Arabia slavery.

I wish you well.

Slavery, christians, it's ironic isn't it?
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chiefpriest1:

Go to China and commit an offense, then tell them because you're not Chinese they have no right to try you.
Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
noblezone:

Your convictions are your convictions.
Mine is mine.

Nobody, I repeat nobody under the sun has any right to punish you over your convictions.
The best we can do is to discuss.
You lay down your points and I lay down mine

You dont believe in the records of the Bible which I believe
I have no right to call for your head.

I believe the Koran is a concoction of lies.
You have no right to call for my head.

God is bigger than all.
He has power to judge right and wrong.

"He who is without sin, let him be the first to cast stone". - Jesus The Christ

Even though like you said, I see your bible as a story book, I believe what you quoted. The same people clamouring for the heads of others by by are the adulterers thieves and ritualists by night. I strongly believe in sharia law, but I believe in order to benefit from it, we need to educate ourselves first, fix yourself before you think of fixing others or even the society.

{When the hypocrites come to you, they say, ‘We bear witness that you are indeed God’s Messenger.’

God knows that you are truly His Messenger and He bears witness that the hypocrites are indeed liars.

They use their oaths as a cover [for their falseness], and they turn people away from the path of God. Evil indeed what they do} (Al-Munafiqun 63: 1-2)

{When you see them, their outward appearance may please you; and when they speak, you listen to what they say. They are like propped-up timbers. They think that every shout is directed against them.

They are the real enemy : so beware of them. May God destroy them! How perverse they are!} (Al-Munafiqun 63:4)

Re: Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy by Dollyak(f): 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
DravenCreighton:

We already have everything to our selves. And please, the people involved aren't even christians, so please, keep the f*ck out of our business. Attention seekers.
Hence, why you guys are leaches. Put it this way, you guys are a thorn in our behind. You contribute barely little but take the biggest share of the pie. All you guys know is how to give birth to many children, kill Christians and other tribes. We can't keep out of your business because majority of you guys are lazy dead weight who needs to step up. Sooner or later my people will wake up and strongly demand for true federalism after which, It will interesting to see how you guys will survive with your lazy attitudes.

Be grateful to those feeding your people instead of showing attitude.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Was Actually IMPEACHED! Unban Me- Naijaedutech / Linda Ikeji is not a Good Role Model- Blogger!! / 10 Lofty Quotes From Great Nigerians That Will Spur You To Greatness (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.