Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet (1536 Views)

8 Reasons Why Dogs Make The Best Pets / If All Animals were Tamed, Which Animal Will You Take As A Pet? / US Woman Gets Pet Snake Stuck In Large Ear Piercing (Disturbing PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 11:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is just a little write up on why every individuals needs a pet, but the write up is focused on dog.

Before I proceed I would like to define what a pet means according to an online dictionary.

A pet is a domestic or tamed animal or bird kept for companionship or pleasure.

1. Companionship: Loneliness can become an unwelcome companion as we age and can lead to depression as well as physical problems. Dogs mold their schedule and personality to you. They are never unavailable or off duty.

2. Dogs Help You Make Friends: Dogs can act as catalysts for human social interactions, and it has been suggested this may enhance feelings of well-being," according to one study, which found that strolling around with a dog led to more interactions, especially with strangers, than when walking solo.

"When I'm outside with my dog (Zara), I always meet new people and chat with them".

3. Exercise: People benefit from regular physical exercise regardless of their age. But it is hard to get into a regular exercise routine, and it's so very easy to skip it. Having a dog can be a good source of exercising machine for you and your family.

4. Dogs Are Real-Life Heroes: Dogs are known for their discerning noses, which can be used to sniff out bombs, find missing persons, or track down criminals. Basically, dogs are four-legged crime fighters.

5. Getting Out: Having a pet, particularly one that requires regular outdoor activity, helps you stay connected to life. You go for veterinary checkups, and perhaps you visit a dog groomer. You need to be involved in social activities.

6. Protection: A dog can provide significant security. Potential thieves will stay away from a home with a barking dog. Your watchdog may weigh only 8 pounds soaking wet, but the person on the other side of the door doesn't know that.

7. Getting Old Is Tough. After retirement, elderly people may feel like their everyday lives lack structure. Dogs, which require a fixed time for meals and walks, can help bridge that gap and provide a sense of purpose. "Dogs give a certain meaning to their lives, since the task of caring for a dog also means a great responsibility.

8. Investment: At the end of the day, having a pet means that you have invested for your future, by selling the pups and and creating an enabling environment for yourself and your neighborhood.

Cc. Seun, fynestboi, prodeegee, kuzee, knyte, magpies, blasiangurl85, chucky234, trishaP, deeptesting and all pet lovers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by SuperSuave(m): 12:05am On Jun 26, 2015
I hate animals angry
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by Prodeegee(m): 12:12am On Jun 26, 2015
the second picture...whats she touching.

lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by ibkgab001: 3:05am On Jun 26, 2015
Dirty Mind ....anyway i reason along with you grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by knyte(m): 6:36am On Jun 26, 2015
wunmi590:
This is just a little write up on why every individuals needs a pet, but the write up is focused on dog.

Before I proceed I would like to define what a pet means according to an online dictionary.

A pet is a domestic or tamed animal or bird kept for companionship or pleasure.

1. Companionship: Loneliness can become an unwelcome companion as we age and can lead to depression as well as physical problems. Dogs mold their schedule and personality to you. They are never unavailable or off duty.

2. Dogs Help You Make Friends: Dogs can act as catalysts for human social interactions, and it has been suggested this may enhance feelings of well-being," according to one study, which found that strolling around with a dog led to more interactions, especially with strangers, than when walking solo.

"When I'm outside with my dog (Zara), I always meet new people and chat with them".

3. Exercise: People benefit from regular physical exercise regardless of their age. But it is hard to get into a regular exercise routine, and it's so very easy to skip it. Having a dog can be a good source of exercising machine for you and your family.

4. Dogs Are Real-Life Heroes: Dogs are known for their discerning noses, which can be used to sniff out bombs, find missing persons, or track down criminals. Basically, dogs are four-legged crime fighters.

5. Getting Out: Having a pet, particularly one that requires regular outdoor activity, helps you stay connected to life. You go for veterinary checkups, and perhaps you visit a dog groomer. You need to be involved in social activities.

6. Protection: A dog can provide significant security. Potential thieves will stay away from a home with a barking dog. Your watchdog may weigh only 8 pounds soaking wet, but the person on the other side of the door doesn't know that.

7. Getting Old Is Tough. After retirement, elderly people may feel like their everyday lives lack structure. Dogs, which require a fixed time for meals and walks, can help bridge that gap and provide a sense of purpose. "Dogs give a certain meaning to their lives, since the task of caring for a dog also means a great responsibility.

8. Investment: At the end of the day, having a pet means that you have invested for your future, by selling the pups and and creating an enabling environment for yourself and your neighborhood.

Cc. Seun, fynestboi, prodeegee, kuzee, knyte, magpies, blasiangurl85, chucky234, trishaP, deeptesting and all pet lovers.
Just to add a few
No 1: Dogs are excellent at keeping your secret grin
No 2: Dogs can help a child or an individual g to over inferiority complex
No 3: Dogs give you a sense of belonging when you feel you don't fit in anywhere in the society.
No 4: By meeting people who like your dog u learn to become more outspoken.
No 5: Dogs teaches your child even at a young age that he/she is responsible for him/her therefore bringing out a confident, secured child. Others can add theirs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 6:53am On Jun 26, 2015
Prodeegee:
the second picture...whats she touching.

lolz

That my fiancée, she playing with zara's tommy, so she enjoys it more when somebody touches are tommy grin

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 6:55am On Jun 26, 2015
SuperSuave:
I hate animals angry

Then how do you find yourself in the best section on nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 6:56am On Jun 26, 2015
knyte:

Just to add a few
No 1: Dogs are excellent at keeping your secret grin
No 2: Dogs can help a child or an individual g to over inferiority complex
No 3: Dogs give you a sense of belonging when you feel you don't fit in anywhere in the society.
No 4: By meeting people who like your dog u learn to become more outspoken.
No 5: Dogs teaches your child even at a young age that he/she is responsible for him/her therefore bringing out a confident, secured child. Others can add theirs

You are right
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by SuperSuave(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2015
wunmi590:

Then how do you find yourself in the best section on nairaland?
was just checking out the newly created topics

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2015
SuperSuave:
was just checking out the newly created topics

No problem, you are always welcome to the best section anytime any day cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by chucky234(m): 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
1. Dogs help lower stress level
- Playing fetch or petting with your puppies can increase levels of the feel-good hormone oxytocin in your brain, which helps lower production of cortisol, a stress-inducing hormone.
2. They can discover that cancer
- dogs use their keen sense of smell to locate bombs and drugs, but amazingly, pups can also sniff out what’s going on inside our bodies.
3. Dog helps keep our hearts healthy and sound
- having a dog could actually reduce your risk of getting cardiovascular disease.
4. They act as immune system booster

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by muyeskin(m): 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
To me, Dogs are families. One of the major excitement I get after work is that I am going to meet my dogs. Nothing more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by mystery1979: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
1.hunting:pets like dogs are used in hunting other pets that are kept in zoo,eaten or sold for money.
2.research:most of drugs,cosmetics,foods,chemicals are first of all tried on pets before been used by man thereby making us benefit.
3.direct/control:most white farmers use dogs to direct or control their livestock for them not to over step their boundaries.
4.travel/haulage:pets like horse,camel,donkey etc are means of moving both human and heavy loads from one place to another.
5.affection:pets general teaches us to love,care, protect our loved ones,some even stick their lives for their young ones,they provide foods and cuddle the young ones.
for instant pigeon,you will be amazed that these birds don't cheat on each other,they marry for life unless one of them dies,they can never have sex without kissing,they incubate their eggs together,when the female is on top of the eggs,the male goes out to feed,comes back and the female does thesame ,they feed their kids together.

generally,the pigeon teaches us how to have affection and be faithful to our partners.

abi I no try,keep it coming
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by TrishaP(f): 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thanks wunmi590

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by Prodeegee(m): 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
TrishaP:
Thanks wunmi590

My sugarbanana

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
TrishaP:
Thanks wunmi590

My pleasure
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by TrishaP(f): 5:48am On Jun 27, 2015
Prodeegee:

My sugarbanana
Sweetie pie...Good morning.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by Prodeegee(m): 7:02am On Jun 27, 2015
TrishaP:

Sweetie pie...Good morning.
Morning dear...hope you slept well
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by TrishaP(f): 9:28am On Jun 27, 2015
Prodeegee:

Morning dear...hope you slept well
Yes I did but it was short. smiley Yours?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by Prodeegee(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2015
TrishaP:

Yes I did but it was short. smiley Yours?

Slept with a headache...oops, we shd be doing this in private cheesy sorry op
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Prodeegee:

Slept with a headache...oops, we shd be doing this in private cheesy sorry op

No prob, you guys are permitted grin
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by Tylerdan(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2015
OP I'm going to say a good write up. What are your thoughts on having a dog show in Lagos just to showcase see the topic I started and let's share thoughts

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Need A Pet by wunmi590(m): 6:12pm On Jun 29, 2015
Tylerdan:
OP I'm going to say a good write up. What are your thoughts on having a dog show in Lagos just to showcase see the topic I started and let's share thoughts

Ok sir, let me read up your thread, would get back to you.

@ prodeegee, knyte, kuzee, chucky234 please your experience is needed sirs

(1) (Reply)

Pure Breed Boerboel Puppies For Giveaway Sales! / Advice Me Before Buying This Puppy / Both Sex Neapolitan Mastiff Pups Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.