Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,728 members, 7,813,404 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard (28645 Views)

At Last, Buhari Formally Writes N’assembly To Withdraw 2016 Budget For Correctio / 2016 Budget: Buhari To Spend More Than Jonathan On Presidential Villa - Vanguard / SSS Fights Back, Accuses Buhari’s ADC Of Ignorance, Overzealousness-PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by Armaggedon: 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
ocelot2006:

*face-palm* smh
lol u see why we call them cows

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by ORACLE1975(m): 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
arabianights:

and they dare to say my president is slow and a dullard
he is very calm and calculative and rarely makes erors in decisions
more shock will come.
just wait for the ministerial nominees,people go surprise.
I bet u are yet to see the best of the President by now the change I voted for is working to the glory of GOD.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
eph12:

So why are some people now saying DSS was compromised during last election and should therefore be removed from their duties and the military should take over whereas it's on record that they both played same role during the election? Let's hear another reason why this administration prefers the military to the usual DSS cos the reason guys are giving here is bs.
Yes, the military, not its intelligence arm, was wrongly used by Jonathan. Nobody expected the DSS to allow itself to be used the way it was used. At a point, Merilyn Ogah was like the spokesperson of APC. She threw intelligence to the dogs with her frequent allegation against APC. We know how her people raided the office of APC in Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I will disagree with you because DSS as constituted has the mandate to perform protection, security and intelligence services. Guarding a president is not the task but a good intelligence gathering of potential risk to the presidency is paramount.

There is no country where the head of state uses the military as its core protection services rather they use their secret services.

Disbanding DSS is like America disbanding CIA, FBI and Secret Service or Britain disbanding M15 and M16.

Its not about politics but national security because a DSS agents has more knowledge about intelligence gathering than a military officer because that's his core competence
Go watch or read Strike Back, you'll realize that it's the military that gathers intelligence for the MI6. They have their monitoring rooms in or close to the enemy territory they carry out their operations.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
pure2012soul:

That's why BH is winning the insurgency war abi? The same military that flees and leaves their armoury for BH? That is the agency he wants to guard him?
SMH!!!
Just as Umbatse in Nassarawa did to the DSS?
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by eph12(m): 1:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Yes, the military, not its intelligence arm, was wrongly used by Jonathan. Nobody expected the DSS to allow itself to be used the way it was used. At a point, Merilyn Ogah was like the spokesperson of APC. She threw intelligence to the dogs with her frequent allegation against APC. We know how her people raided the office of APC in Lagos State.
Intelligence arm? I give up o.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
eph12:

Good. You know nothing about the military. The army, for example, has different sections. Engineering, combatant, intelligence, etc are parts. Haven't you heard of the Directorate of Military Intelligence (DMI)?
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by stexsy(m): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
vedaxcool:

They went as far as framing APC of producing voters cards and you think the Buhari should let them watch his back? No, there must be a serious reorganization of the DSS.
they are ready to do worse for Buhari....
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go watch or read Strike Back, you'll realize that it's the military that gathers intelligence for the MI6. They have their monitoring rooms in or close to the enemy territory they carry out their operations.
Strike Back is a work of fiction but I think google is the perfect tool to use. The military doesn't gather intelligence for the M16

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by pure2012soul(m): 2:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Just as Umbatse in Nassarawa did to the DSS?
And to the police. Are you pretending not to remember that the police AC Ops also died along with close to 70 men?
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by free13: 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Hmm.....
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by IamThrive(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Based on the wind of change, I didn't see anywhere while reading closely that the security of Nigerians was included.

God help us...
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by kuuljay(m): 5:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
if tanoid think the change we are talking about is in kid gloves then they are in for a shocker, because this is a tip of the iceberg the change has no boundaries they should expect more shock waves grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by kuuljay(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Strike Back is a work of fiction but I think google is the perfect tool to use. The military doesn't gather intelligence for the M16
who does? 99% of MI6 are military retired or still active
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by EMANY01(m): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
lexy2014:
then d organisations should b purged and those responsible 4d failure of DSS should b punished. That's how problems of this nature are solved not by sidelining. [size=15pt]Its this attitude that made d police ineffective. Instead of treating their f..k up, they were sidelined[/size]

A trend that [size=15pt]snail buhari[/size] pioneered in 1983 and ibb escalated. We are watching them.

It would help some times if we could just do a little reading before we advertise of sophisticated IGNORANCE:

[size=14pt]The State Security Service is obligated by law to perform the following[/size]:

a. Prevention, detection and Investigation of:

i. Threat of espionage
ii. Threat of subversion
iii. Ehreat of sabotage
iv. Economic crimes of national security dimension
v. Terrorist activities
vi. Separatist agitations and inter-group conflicts
vii. Threats to law and order

b. Provision of protective security for designated principal government functionaries, sensitive installations and visiting foreign dignitaries;

c. vetting of:

i. prospective appointees to public offices:

ii. vital and sensitive corporate organizations before their incorporation in Nigeria, and continuous covert monitoring of their activities to ensure that they ate in line with national security interest: and

iii. Applicants for Nigerian International passports and Naturalization/Nigerian citizenship.

iv. provision of timely advice to Government on all •matters of national security interest; and

v. such other functions as may from time to time be • assigned by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

The operations of the State Security Service may arise out of tasking directed personally by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces; the National Defense and Security. Council; the National Security Adviser; the Intelligence Community Committee (ICC) or the Joint Intelligence Board (JIB) subject to ratification by the President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces where considered necessary or desirable.

For the-purpose of facilitating the discharge of its functions under this Instrument, personnel of the State Security Service are hereby conferred with the powers of a Superior Police Officer in respect of searches and arrests.

The State Security Service is empowered to:

a) Maintain a watchlist action and travel control at the nation's land borders, sea ports and airports for the purpose of monitoring the movements of persons considered as risks to the security of the nation;

b) Impound and keep in its custody. the passports or any other property of persons or organizations under investigation if considered appropriate by the Director-General. Returns of all such Seizures shall be rendered to the National Security Adviser, while such passports shall be returned to the Owners as soon as the investigation is concluded.

RESPONSIBILITY

The State Security Service shall be charged with responsibility for:

a) The prevention and detection within Nigeria of any crime against the internal security of Nigeria:

b) The protection and preservation of all non-military classified matters concerning the internal security of Nigeria: and

c) Such other responsibilities affecting internal security within Nigeria as the National Assembly or the President: as the case may be: may deem necessary.

Sauce and crayfish:https://dss.gov.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/49

I said this in earlier threads and will not stop repeating it until it sinks into peoples heads this president is being whimsical and ILLEGALLY USURPING THE STATUTORY RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE.
I have made this point in an earlier thread discussing the same issue:

Most people have no idea that protection of government officials is an intelligence affair and not a military function other wise in the US for instance the protection of the president ,his vice and other high ranking officials would fall to the Special Forces in the various branches of the military.
The state security service function :protection of the Commander in chief and Head of state as well as other ranking officials down the line, as guaranteed by law it would be a violation of the law for the president to usurp the function of the Service on his whimsical reasoning.
Watching to see how this goes but this tells the story of how his presidency will be shaped.
If this speculation proves to be founded, it simply proves that this president has imperial ambitions/pretensions and is not the least bit interested concerned about building institutions that will serve the country regardless of who is the C I C .Former President Jonathan held on to that principle all through his tenure.

Not to mention the equipment and hardware:electronics and communications infrastructure and information technology setup that is required for the task of protecting the president.
Protecting the president is far more than just about having bodyguards,around the president.It's more about sourcing,analyzing,processing and visualizing threat data.Deducing intelligence on threats, some persistent,others random or deep seated that the president faces everyday.
Their other unadvertised major function is to ENSURE THE CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT.This in the event that the president (whomever he is) , is disabled by an attack, the protocol keeping the governing of the country continuously operating is successfully implemented
Most of that work/process happen far from Aso Rock and involve serious computing power/capability and expertise.
I know that the DSS has some sort of data center and a DSS acquaintance of mine is specializing in Geo-spacial analysis and intelligence.Not to mention the other expertise they are culturing into the fabric of the institution.
I don't imagine the DSS will just hand over everything:expertise, infrastructure , data with a smile on their faces .

https://www.nairaland.com/2376369/buhari-plans-military-shake-up-angry/3#34721115

https://www.nairaland.com/2376369/buhari-plans-military-shake-up-angry/7#34749269

https://www.nairaland.com/2403335/dss-driven-out-presidential-villa#35138888

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by EMANY01(m): 5:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Now you are defending your argument using works of fiction? The result of some intoxicated screen writer who may never have seen a gun fired in his/her life as a tool to support your intellectual(its anything but that) assertions?

It is a waste of time engaging with you further and i dare say any other person who responds to contend with anything you say on this subject ,is probably under the influence of the khat that you inhaled.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by EMANY01(m): 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
eph12:

You should have since ,i figured him out when he made that allusion to "strike back" and whatever .He has got no clue.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by EMANY01(m): 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
kuuljay:
who does? 99% of MI6 are military retired or still active

Well the people that some of these intelligence agencies recruit fresh from some of the top universities within their respective countries what do you think they all do ,write reports?
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
EMANY01:

Now you are defending your argument using works of fiction? The result of some intoxicated screen writer who may never have seen a gun fired in his/her life as a tool to support your intellectual(its anything but that) assertions?

It is a waste of time engaging with you further and i dear say any other person who responds to contend with anything you say on this subject ,is probably under the influence of the khat that you inhaled.
Chris Ryan, the writer of Strike Back was a British soldier of the Special Air Service (SAS), who served under Section 20, a secretive branch of the British Defence Intelligence Service (DIS).

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Chris Ryan, the writer of Strike Back was a British soldier of the Special Air Service (SAS), who served under Section 20, a secretive branch of the British Defence Intelligence Service (DIS).
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by atlwireles: 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
EMANY01:

A trend that [size=15pt]snail buhari[/size] pioneered in 1983 and ibb escalated. We are watching them.

It would help some times if we could just do a little reading before we advertise of sophisticated IGNORANCE:

I said this in earlier threads and will not stop repeating it until it sinks into peoples heads this president is being whimsical and ILLEGALLY USURPING THE STATUTORY RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STATE SECURITY SERVICE.
I have made this point in an earlier thread discussing the same issue:

Most people have no idea that protection of government officials is an intelligence affair and not a military function other wise in the US for instance the protection of the president ,his vice and other high ranking officials would fall to the Special Forces in the various branches of the military.
The state security service function :protection of the Commander in chief and Head of state as well as other ranking officials down the line, as guaranteed by law it would be a violation of the law for the president to usurp the function of the Service on his whimsical reasoning.
Watching to see how this goes but this tells the story of how his presidency will be shaped.
If this speculation proves to be founded, it simply proves that this president has imperial ambitions/pretensions and is not the least bit interested concerned about building institutions that will serve the country regardless of who is the C I C .Former President Jonathan held on to that principle all through his tenure.

Not to mention the equipment and hardware:electronics and communications infrastructure and information technology setup that is required for the task of protecting the president.
Protecting the president is far more than just about having bodyguards,around the president.It's more about sourcing,analyzing,processing and visualizing threat data.Deducing intelligence on threats, some persistent,others random or deep seated that the president faces everyday.
Their other unadvertised major function is to ENSURE THE CONTINUITY OF GOVERNMENT.This in the event that the president (whomever he is) , is disabled by an attack, the protocol keeping the governing of the country continuously operating is successfully implemented
Most of that work/process happen far from Aso Rock and involve serious computing power/capability and expertise.
I know that the DSS has some sort of data center and a DSS acquaintance of mine is specializing in Geo-spacial analysis and intelligence.Not to mention the other expertise they are culturing into the fabric of the institution.
I don't imagine the DSS will just hand over everything:expertise, infrastructure , data with a smile on their faces .

https://www.nairaland.com/2376369/buhari-plans-military-shake-up-angry/3#34721115

https://www.nairaland.com/2376369/buhari-plans-military-shake-up-angry/7#34749269

https://www.nairaland.com/2403335/dss-driven-out-presidential-villa#35138888

What we are seeing is a President and an administration stuck in a time capsule. They have reduced protection to "bodyguards". The army does not have 10% of DSS's surveillance knowhow. Whatever they are doing, they're the ones putting their Dauara Dullard in danger.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by kuuljay(m): 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
EMANY01:

Well the people that some of these intelligence agencies recruit fresh from some of the top universities within their respective countries what do you think they all do ,write reports?
they do desk work nobody puts them in the field mind you even the military has civilians working for them
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by kuuljay(m): 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2015
EMANY01:

You should have since ,i figured him out when he made that allusion to "strike back" and whatever .He has got no clue.
he knows exactly what he is saying besides are you disputing the military has no intelligence unit or what
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Easy abeg, u're indirectly hitting him hard. Remember that nobody has d monopoly of knowledge. I'm sure he doesn't know Chris Ryan. Easy pls
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by Hearme(m): 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
20pounds:
I have been trying very hard to refrain from making any comment on Gen. Buhari's conduct since entering office but it seems the man and controversial decisions are siamese twins.

Everywhere in the world, the President's security is handled by the secret service, not by gun-trotting soldiers cos it is more civil, diplomatic and in line with international standards. It is only in third world banana republics that dictators who rose to power through the barrel of a gun, in a haze of fire and blood, parade soldiers to intimidate the citizenry and would-be coupists.

This man better appoint advisers ASAP before he commits more blunders. He is trapped in 1983.
If all the allegations against these DSS officials are true. Including political involvements with the past administration, then only a foolish person will keep his life under their watch. PMB is wise for taking this step. They will definately be gradually reinstalled to work but untill their loyality is ascertained, they can not be entrusted with such work.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by EMANY01(m): 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
amunkita03:

o
Easy abeg, u're indirectly hitting him hard. Remember that nobody has d monopoly of knowledge. I'm sure he doesn't know Chris Ryan. Easy pls

".....hitting him hard......". I feel so sorry for you.I really do.
Run along now, go watch TV ,strike back will be on tonight.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by ocelot2006(m): 10:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Again *face-palm*......so you drew all you points........from a movie........*smh*
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by ocelot2006(m): 10:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

ABEG STOP!! ENOUGH OF THIS RUBBISH?! This is absolute GARBAGE!

1) Chris Ryan served in the SAS/The Regiment, BUT he NEVER served in "Section 20"

2)" Section 20" is FICTIONAL!!

3) Defence Intelligence (DI) we know. Defence Intelligence Service (DIS) we don't know.

So well done dude, cos you just won BULLCRAP post of the week.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by emmatok(m): 12:41am On Jun 27, 2015
Whats so special about the DSS/SSS, people don't know that the DSS guys are trained by the Nigerian Army(Directorate of Military Intelligence).
Check the list of past SSS directors you will notice Retired Army Officers on that list. OBJ SSS director was a Retire Army OFFICER.

Most SSS officials are recruited by Politicians that wants thier close cinfidants to protect hem, that why SSS recruitment is rampant after every election

The guy Buhari are using are from Directorate of Military Intelligence and they are the best intel guy we have ever had in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:23am On Jun 27, 2015
ocelot2006:

ABEG STOP!! ENOUGH OF THIS RUBBISH?! This is absolute GARBAGE!

1) Chris Ryan served in the SAS/The Regiment, BUT he NEVER served in "Section 20"

2)" Section 20" is FICTIONAL!!

3) Defence Intelligence (DI) we know. Defence Intelligence Service (DIS) we don't know.

So well done dude, cos you just won BULLCRAP post of the week.

DI(S) is the same.
Re: Buhari’s ADC Formally Writes To Withdraw DSS Personnel From Villa-vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:27am On Jun 27, 2015
ocelot2006:

Again *face-palm*......so you drew all you points........from a movie........*smh*
You've answered yourself. A big sorry for you, you did before doing your research.
ocelot2006:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Protest: Your Invitation Laughable, Crude – Saraki Tells Police / Buhari Appoints Bashir Ahmad As Personal Assistant On New Media (Photo) / President Buhari And Wife, Aisha Arrive Abuja Airport from Mecca (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.