Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,095 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS (50027 Views)

Jonathan Kicks As Buhari Plans $2.1b Oil Cash Probe - The NATION / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS / Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With Dss-punch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 3:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
neocortex:

While you did make some points , you must realize that a failure in intelligence gathering and analysis doesn't mean the whole agency itself is unnecessary otherwise America would have disbanded CIA long ago because of 9/11.
It is a fact that intelligent agencies all over the world do record almost the same level of failure as success.
Your expectations of SSS are outrageous , you make it sound as if the SSS has a magical remote control they can press and everything will instantaneously fall in place.

It seems you forgot the crux of this matter , that Buhari is punishing SSS not because they are not doing their job but because of the role they supposedly played before election. He forgot that intelligence agencies are usually more loyal to a ruling regime than even the country itself.
dat kinda loyalty at d expense of patriotism is exactly wat writes off their integrity and as such makes dem worthless!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by zik4ever: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
morscino:

Have u ever heard of the MIA(Military intelligence agency)? they're actually d ones who trains d DSS,so d military can prevent an attack without firing a shot.
For d shake up or comlete over-haul of d DSS,it wuld be done gradually,but d president needs to be protected for now by d ones he trusts.
Very incorrect sir. The DSS are NOT trained by the DIA (Defence Intelligence Agency) and there is NOTHING like MIA. DSS are distinct and have 4 training institutions. It is also false to say the military can prevent an attack without firing a shot. It depends on the type of attack. Yes there are a few attacks that can be foiled without gunshots, there are others and in most cases even if it is to scare people, you must fire shot even if it is to scare away the assailants before evacuating the executive or VIP being protected. Be properly educated, informed and guided on this sir!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
ocelot2006:

We are talking about CLOSE PROTECTION SERVICE here and the best service for that, NOT THE PERFORMANCE OF EACH SERVICE IN ELECTION MONITORING. There was a reason previous President's like OBJ relied SOLELY on the DSS. Personally, I've had to rely on Police protection on numerous, but I can CATEGORICALLY tell you that you're as good as being on your own with cops. The DSS is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT BEAST. This Intelligence Service receives some of the very best training not only in intelligence gathering but also close protection as it is their 2nd PRIMARY ROLE, and are equipped with far more sophisticated firearms than the Police. For example, an average NPF SPU or MOPOL cop is armed with a Type 56 -2 rifle or Isreali modernised AKs with M-4 styled butt stocks and 2 Mags MAX. THAT IS IT. An averaged DSS agent is armed with either the modern Tavor CTAR-21 or FN-P90 or FN-FS2000 or the Galil Ace carbine or Steyr Aug rifle as a primary weapon AND a side arm/pistol as a secondary weapon. In hand-2 - hand I can categorically tell you that MOST cops, if not all (with their pot bellies), are not good at all, even in local wrestling. An average DSS agent on the other hand is quite versed with Isreali Krav Maga. Discipline - wise , I will give it to the DSS any day anytime compared to the lousy police force that's now filled with touts. Even cops themselves can't even rely on themselves. There's been cases where DSS agents/teams REFUSE to add their colleagues from NPF units like SARS and co for many reasons like operational security and outright firearm indiscipline.
thee military itselve wields d AK 47 as well! Are u sayin d SSS wields beta rifles dan d milittary? Will check on d superioty of these weapons u mentioned! U comparing d DSS to d police is quite laughable! D DSS is supposed to be secretive in style of ops while d police are expected to be overt! This makes the police more vulnerable! I stand to be corrected that d challenges faced and dealt wit and d achievements by a single busy Police division, by mile, surpasses those of an entire state command of d dss!wat re their acheivments? Let's face it! How many cases ve they susessfully prosecuted in court? How many times ve dey gained convictions even in terrorism related cases! For me d dss is jus an empty and overrated org. And sure this admn re wiser to it! There is room no longer fro sycophancy and high service which d DSS is well known for! The is d time of practicability, expectations and results! For now let d dss be on their own and allow d Mintel and d SIB take charge of security if Aso rock!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Oiselenjakhian(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by zik4ever: 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
Again I disagree on dis! SSS didn't get their training frm heaven! D security of d President is not d monopoly of any security agency! U cannot rely on d Police but the NPF bfore and durin d jus concluded election exhibited more professionalism as dey resisted every attemp to be used by politicians (PDP) against their opponents!consequently, if u ask me btw d two which can b relied upon, in conditions dat require pathroitism and unbias, I ll go for d police!It was because of D police displayed of unapproachability that d IGP got sacked immediately after d elections! SSS in d recent election and electioneering displayed a high level of bias and unprofessionlism, standin side by side wit corrupt polictians to perpetrate political treachery and as such they cannot be trusted!
The Police that barred then Speaker Aminu Tambuwal and his supporters from gaining access to the National Assembly? Na wa. Nigerians can be very forgiving sha.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by zik4ever: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
pacino26:

You've spoken well. The service came into being when the SIB or Force Intelligence couldn't counter a coup. We shared same quarters with DSS operatives early in life and they were focused. The crop of them wielding the T21 dressed in suits today are no different from political thugs. It's a shame that I admire them so much. The president's decision I believe is borne out of organizational restructuring as the first step is to load them off the villa first. The secret police is no longer secret as they introduce themselves with the weapon they wield and the way they carry themselves in public functions busy enriching themselves and seeing the service as one place to earn SWAG. Soldiers die daily same as police officers but have you heard their wives protesting? During the Omabatse death in Nasarrawa these guys flare up in protest and demanded justice that was the height of it. The day you sign up in the military or paramilitary is the day you died. The remaining existence na jara.

I believe in time the service will be restored to glory but for now let the military and State intelligence Bureau take over the task.
So if the present leadership of the Traffic Wardens gets political or “unprofessional”, we should replace ALL traffic wardens from their duty posts with Civil Defence, Army or Naval personnel?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by nkemdi89(f): 4:23pm On Jun 13, 2015
slimfit1:

Say whatever you like loyalty is to the people not to anybody, once you been paid by the government you do whatever it takes young man you only refer to American system whenever it suits you. Their duty is to keep him safe. Your level of thinking is the reason why we are where we are today.
You see why its not good to think you have an autonomy over an idea, I mentioned both israel and russians too but you never took your time to comprehend and make research. Even if you won't admit on this forum that you have made the research, just do it for your knowlege.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by zik4ever: 4:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
thee military itselve wields d AK 47 as well! Are u sayin d SSS wields beta rifles dan d milittary? Will check on d superioty of these weapons u mentioned! U comparing d DSS to d police is quite laughable! D DSS is supposed to be secretive in style of ops while d police are expected to be overt! This makes the police more vulnerable! I stand to be corrected that d challenges faced and dealt wit and d achievements by a single Police division, by mile surpasses, those of an entire state command of d dss!wat re their acheivments? Let's face it! How many cases ve they susessfully prosecuted in court? How many times ve dey gained convictions even in terrorism related cases! For me d dss is jus an empty and overrated org. And sure this admn re wiser to it! This is no longer d regime of sycophancy and high service! The is d time of practicability! For now let d dss be on their own and allow d Mintel and d SIB take charge of security if Aso rock!
Fully agreed that the DSS is supposed to be discrete and the Police overt but please note that the Police are not mandated or trained for Executive Protection or Close Protection (CP). The DSS are responsible for the inner and outer rings round VIPs whilst the Police take care of the outer ring and crowd control. The DSS may have had its excesses but you can’t scrap an agency outright or replace its statutory functions with another agency because of failings or issues with a particular set of its leadership. Are we going to seize the functions of the military because of allegations about its role in the Ekiti elections for instance, or bypass all the Armed Forces because of alleged partisanship of the service chiefs in postponement of the elections or their handling of the Boko Haram insurgency? Please note that the CSO to President Buhari is a DSS officer who has been with him for years and he has chosen to retain him. He can simply ask that one to help him talent spot, professionals and would-be loyalists within the DSS who can be deployed to serve him. He can also appoint a new leadership and management for the service. It shouldn’t appear petty as this report which in any case is media report, is portraying it. We need to build strong institutions not individuals. What if other agencies become partisan tomorrow?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
This shi+ aint making sense! Who is buharee to relieve the DSS from their duty? He forget say we no dey do millitary regime? Y da 4k must he do such mess.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=ALISMILE post=34733744]thee military itselve wields d AK 47 as well! Are u sayin d SSS wields beta rifles dan d milittary? Will check on d superioty of these weapons u mentioned! U comparing d DSS to d police is quite laughable! D DSS is supposed to be secretive in style of ops while d police are expected to be overt! This makes the police more vulnerable! I stand to be corrected that d challenges faced and dealt wit and d achievements by a single busy Police division, by mile, surpasses those of an entire state command of d dss!wat re their acheivments? Let's face it! How many cases ve they susessfully prosecuted in court? How many times ve dey gained convictions even in terrorism related cases! For me d dss is jus an empty and overrated org. And sure this admn re wiser to it! There is room no longer fro sycophancy and high service which d DSS is well known for! The is d time of practicability, expectations and results! For now let d dss be on their own and allow d Mintel and d SIB take charge of security if Aso rock!weaponry

THAT IS MY EXACT POINT!! The DSS owns FAR MORE SOPHISTICATED weaponry than the Police and Army COMBINED! The only military service that comes close in sophistication of light arms is the Nigerian Navy SBS (Naval Special Forces). The case of the Nigerian Army light arms-wise is even worse. The Army's standard issue rifle is the Nigerian copy of the older Chinese Type 56 rifle (OBJ-006). It's only Army Special Forces (72nd Mobile Strike Force to be exact) that were issued modernized and upgraded Polish Beryl rifles, and even that is old as the Poles themselves have now opted for the latest MBSB rifle. Even the DSS fields the FN-MInimi/SAW compared to the Police ( only NPF Marine Police are armed with GPMGs and PKMs on their speed boats).

And you'll probably not hear about DSS feats. They work in the shadows as secrecy is their number one watch word.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by neocortex: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote autho=ALISMILE post=34733199]dat kinda loyalty at d expense of patriotism is exactly wat writes off their integrity and as such makes dem worthless![/quote]

I still maintain my stance that secret division unit regardless of the country always show more loyalty to the president than even the country itself, if that makes them worthless then all secret service are worthless and should be disbanded.
There is a logic behind loyalty to the ruling administration , a scenario in which every self-acclaimed "patriotic" agent decides to act out what he/she deems as necessary without regard to the ruler can only breed chaos. Thus SSS like other secret service are always loyal to the sitting administration.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by pacino26(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
zik4ever:

So if the present leadership of the Traffic Wardens gets political or “unprofessional”, we should replace ALL traffic wardens from their duty posts with Civil Defence, Army or Naval personnel?

You reshuffle, while you're at it you put in place competent hands to take their posts till it's done properly. Like you read, 263 or so out of the villa.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by pacino26(m): 6:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=ocelot2006 post=34736625][/quote]

My brother no offence but these guys ain't willing to die ruggedly. Believe me our country is yet to get to that point where we'll definitely see that the polished suit and rifles are child's play.

SIB performs far better than the DSS. They don't even look at the right places, no databases(una go blame am on budget abi).

Let's face it, they're jokers. I knew of an army captain that stayed undercover for two yrs gathering intel. It wasn't child's play.

There's this movie NARUTO. It's a series, of particular interest in that movie is the ANBU a secret police force. Within that force is the ANBU FOUNDATION i.e a secret police within the secret police with their own secret missions. The synonymous thing bout the two is their discrete way of handling state matters whilst remaining loyal to the general good and committing the necessary evil.

The next DSS head should be like DANZO.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Chigold101(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2015
xpac01:

Can't you still read the writing on the wall? The blood thirsty are just desparate to intimidate the govt, knowing so well that very soon the tide of fire will come hot 'gainst them all.
i dont see them trying to intimidate the government. I only see them doing what gorila fighters do.

And sucide bombing is a way of the muslems so i have not seen anything special in their antics.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ideykwum: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
You're a pig! No other qualification for calling someone who has not offended you "mad"!

voxpopp:

YOU DEY MAD WE ARE TALKING OF HIS PERSONAL SECURITY HERE angry IF HE HAS GOOD REASON NOT TO TRUST THEM, WHY SHOULD HE USE THEM. undecidedHE HAS NOT EVEN TOUCHED OR PROBED ANYBODY, YOU ARE SHOUTING VINDICTIVE. IF I WERE HIM I WILL JAIL ALL TOP DSS OFFICERS FOR MISUSING THEIR POWERS AND BEING PARTISAN angry
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by slimfit1(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
nkemdi89:

You see why its not good to think you have an autonomy over an idea, I mentioned both israel and russians too but you never took your time to comprehend and make research. Even if you won't admit on this forum that you have made the research, just do it for your knowlege.

Did you check Russia's human right issues?
Isreal as the Palestinian issues to talk about so what are we saying. What I am saying is DSS has the responsibilities to protect all Nigerian citizens I don't know what you are talking about if this is not what you are talking about good day.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Escobapablo(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
i didnt know nairalanders r so well informed abt d ops of DSS n other security/intellingence forces we hv in d country. D mere fact that we even talk this much abt DSS means d department has failed in their duties. Someone stated how they came to be, another stated d names of some firearms they use, i am impressed. Bt d truth is bitter, they hv failed. They r no more secret. Do u know i hear them on d news more often than d other forces put together? Thats a big red flag, thats if their ops is supposed to be secret. Now let me tell u wht i know, pls b patient, dss hv been corrupted, those mostly affected r d new breed, from 1999, not d ones that seperated from d police in 1986. These new breed r those that want to build houses within two yrs, who cant achieve this wt d salary they r paid. U will b suprised how low their salaries are. Dss r so currupt now that if police r accused of collecting 200naira on d roads, they r collecting 20k where they stand without u even knowing it. Trust me u hv to give them that credit till tomorrow. Thats how corrupt they are. Someone said they r thugs, thats exactly what they r. I dont know abt how it is in aso rock bt i do know that there is no past governor that hv not used their smart services, When kidnapping was very rampant in d southeast, some personnels made more money out of it than d kidnappers. I am not telling stories. Dss hv a more strict culture of 'wait for ur turn' than d police. Pls i am even running out of patience. So if d president has reason not to work with them, i will think its d change we r waiting for. At first i thot its cos of power play amongs d forces considering his military background bt i strongly blive dss r out of focus on wht they r established to do. However, i also blive that if they r going to b removed from aso rock, they will come back in no time. Cos they r d bravest n most intelligent force i hv ever known. Trust me on that. U hv all said d rest. I pledge to nigeria my country.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by pallyking(m): 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
A shake-up is very much needed. The same service chiefs were asleep with GEJ and feeding fat while Boko Haram held sway over Nigerian territory - much to the shame of Nigerians!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by voxpopp: 10:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
ideykwum:
You're a pig! No other qualification for calling someone who has not offended you "mad"!

You're the fukkkin pig here idiot. Don't u understand english. "You dey mad" no be question. No be to answer yes or no. E be like say na you gangan madness dey inflict.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 10:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
pacino26:

My brother no offence but these guys ain't willing to die ruggedly. Believe me our country is yet to get to that point where we'll definitely see that the polished suit and rifles are child's play.

SIB performs far better than the DSS. They don't even look at the right places, no databases(una go blame am on budget abi).

Let's face it, they're jokers. I knew of an army captain that stayed undercover for two yrs gathering intel. It wasn't child's play.

There's this movie NARUTO. It's a series, of particular interest in that movie is the ANBU a secret police force. Within that force is the ANBU FOUNDATION i.e a secret police within the secret police with their own secret missions. The synonymous thing bout the two is their discrete way of handling state matters whilst remaining loyal to the general good and committing the necessary evil.

The next DSS head should be like DANZO.

Uhmmm....THAT is not my post. I don't recall posting that. And did I just read that the Police SIB are better than the DSS?! Those jokers?! Forget about Police Protection Detail oh! If it comes to crowd control or direct action ops, maybe. But VIP protection?! Yeah right.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 11:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=ocelot2006 post=34736625][/quote]Soo the army and Police who goes to war field inferior weapons while d DSS agents who conceal themselves in their offices wield better rifles! If u re correct, which I seriously doubt, it is an aberration that can only haappen in a very abnormal society like ours!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ALISMILE(m): 11:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
ocelot2006:

Uhmmm....THAT is not my post. I don't recall posting that. And did I just read that the Police SIB are better than the DSS?! Those jokers?! Forget about Police Protection Detail oh! If it comes to crowd control or direct action ops, maybe. But VIP protection?! Yeah right.
Durin d Okrika shootout, prelude to d recently conducted elections,all d DSS agents present at d scene were no where to be found! Only some mobel policemen remain! I challenge u to go look for d video!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 11:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
Durin d Okrika shootout, prelude to d recently conducted elections,all d DSS agents present at d scene were no where to be found! Only some mobel policemen remain! I challenge u to go look for d video!

IT'S A LIE!! Watch the video again! The officer in black polo-shirt and baseball cap with his side arm/pistol drawn, on one knee and beside the Channels TV reporter lying on the ground was DSS, NOT Police.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by ocelot2006(m): 11:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALISMILE:
Soo the army and Police who goes to war field inferior weapons while d DSS agents who conceal themselves in their offices wield better rifles! If u re correct, which I seriously doubt, it is an aberration that can only haappen in a very abnormal society like ours!

And who told you the DSS conceal themselves in their offices? What do you think Intelligence officers, particularly field officers do? You think Intelligence gathering, particularly HUMINT, is easy compared to Operations (overt ones in particular)?

And yes the DSS are equipped with far more sophisticated weapons than the Police and Army. The only plus with the AK/Type 56-2s is its ease of use, reliability, and much heavier caliber (chambers 7.62 rounds compared to the NATO 5.56 cal rounds chambered by most DSS rifles).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by EMANY01(m): 6:11am On Jun 14, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Dura Dullard will spend millions of dollars training his policemen and military personnel to provide protection for him. DSS are constitutionally mandated to provide security for the Presidency.
e eqipment

Not to mention the equipment and hardware:electronics and communications infrastructure and information technology setup that is required for the task of protecting the president.
Protecting the president is far more than just about having bodyguards,around the president its more about sourcing ,analyzing,precessing and deducing intelligence on threats, some persistent,others random or deep seated that the president faces everyday.
Most of that work/process happen far from Aso Rock and involve serious computing power/capability and expertise.
In my former company i helped to design a component section of the DSS'S data center and DSS acquaintance of mine is specializing in Geo-spacial analysis and intelligence.
I don't imagine the DSS will just hand over everything:expertise, infrastructure , data with a smile on their faces .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by EMANY01(m): 6:27am On Jun 14, 2015
Escobapablo:
i didnt know nairalanders r so well informed abt d ops of DSS n other security/intellingence forces we hv in d country. D mere fact that we even talk this much abt DSS means d department has failed in their duties. Someone stated how they came to be, another stated d names of some firearms they use, i am impressed. Bt d truth is bitter, they hv failed. They r no more secret. Do u know i hear them on d news more often than d other forces put together? Thats a big red flag, thats if their ops is supposed to be secret. Now let me tell u wht i know, pls b patient, dss hv been corrupted, those mostly affected r d new breed, from 1999, not d ones that seperated from d police in 1986. These new breed r those that want to build houses within two yrs, who cant achieve this wt d salary they r paid. U will b suprised how low their salaries are. Dss r so currupt now that if police r accused of collecting 200naira on d roads, they r collecting 20k where they stand without u even knowing it. Trust me u hv to give them that credit till tomorrow. Thats how corrupt they are. Someone said they r thugs, thats exactly what they r. I dont know abt how it is in aso rock bt i do know that there is no past governor that hv not used their smart services, When kidnapping was very rampant in d southeast, some personnels made more money out of it than d kidnappers. I am not telling stories. Dss hv a more strict culture of 'wait for ur turn' than d police. Pls i am even running out of patience. So if d president has reason not to work with them, i will think its d change we r waiting for. At first i thot its cos of power play amongs d forces considering his military background bt i strongly blive dss r out of focus on wht they r established to do. However, i also blive that if they r going to b removed from aso rock, they will come back in no time. Cos they r d bravest n most intelligent force i hv ever known. Trust me on that. U hv all said d rest. I pledge to nigeria my country.

Bros people hear far more about the CIA and other American intelligence agencies than you will ever hear about the DSS but despite all the movies, books and news articles written about them most of which is true you still have no clue what they can do and what they do,Same applies here and in every democratic country in the world.
The only intelligence organizations that were/are blacked out to the population are those of non democratic territories .
Case in point the KGB was feared all over the Soviet block and then more ,the citizens of the soviet block did not know the first thing about the KGB or even the GRU (military intelligence) except that you feared them and did your darn best to never have to come to their notice.
The interesting thing was/is that outside of the iron curtain, any well informed citizen knew /can know the top players at least by name and by face from newspaper articles and the likes (something that never happened in the iron curtain)that doesn't mean those intelligence agencies had failed.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nobody: 6:38am On Jun 14, 2015
There is no need for long story

It is that age old tribal mistrust

Hausa Fulani president wants Hausa Fulani generals, when he leaves office the Hausa Fulani generals will also be sidelined

New faces same old games !

Change my foot!
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Escobapablo(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
EMANY01:

Bros people hear far more about the CIA and other American intelligence agencies than you will ever hear about the DSS but despite all the movies, books and news articles written about them most of which is true you still have no clue what they can do and what they do,Same applies here and in every democratic country in the world.
The only intelligence organizations that were/are blacked out to the population are those of non democratic territories .
Case in point the KGB was feared all over the Soviet block and then more ,the citizens of the soviet block did not know the first thing about the KGB or even the GRU (military intelligence) except that you feared them and did your darn best to never have to come to their notice.
The interesting thing was/is that outside of the iron curtain, any well informed citizen knew /can know the top players at least by name and by face from newspaper articles and the likes (something that never happened in the iron curtain)that doesn't mean those intelligence agencies had failed.
i agree wt u, abt d popularity of these agencies world over n d fact that d citizens they protect dont know wht they do bt only fear them. Now d question is, r u still afraid of our dss? R u going to deny u dont know more than half of wht they do? With facts. More so cos u get in touch wt them more often than b4, n we hv family n friends in there that cant wait to prove their worth by telling u wht they do. This wasnt there b4. I know a man who was a corper for many yrs in his place of residence bt was a top ranking officer. Can any of this new breeds keep such cover? I doubt it. I want to say that i still trust their abilities to protect us, bt wht i hv seen in recent times mks me blive that they r investing their potentials wrongly. We all live wt them n we see them n most of their activities is no more for d interest of d state bt for personal benefits. Of cos a nigerians issue. Cia, kgb, mossat, BOSS, MI6, fbi,name them, as much as u hv heard , or books u hv read, will u say their actions r for self? No. Even if they hv to defend d present government or sovereignty of d state, they dont do it for self or who pays most. Anyway. I wish we r talking outside here. I am guided.sorry.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by EMANY01(m): 1:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
Escobapablo:

i agree wt u, abt d popularity of these agencies world over n d fact that d citizens they protect dont know wht they do bt only fear them. Now d question is, r u still afraid of our dss? R u going to deny u dont know more than half of wht they do? With facts. More so cos u get in touch wt them more often than b4, n we hv family n friends in there that cant wait to prove their worth by telling u wht they do. This wasnt there b4. I know a man who was a corper for many yrs in his place of residence bt was a top ranking officer. Can any of this new breeds keep such cover? I doubt it. I want to say that i still trust their abilities to protect us, bt wht i hv seen in recent times mks me blive that they r investing their potentials wrongly. We all live wt them n we see them n most of their activities is no more for d interest of d state bt for personal benefits. Of cos a nigerians issue. Cia, kgb, mossat, BOSS, MI6, fbi,name them, as much as u hv heard , or books u hv read, will u say their actions r for self? No. Even if they hv to defend d present government or sovereignty of d state, they dont do it for self or who pays most. Anyway. I wish we r talking outside here. I am guided.sorry.

There was this saying during the cold war cant remember it exactly now but the substance of it was that the operators ( read spies analysts and fighters) knew enough of the capabilities of each other (that is soviet vs the west) to know and warn their political masters that they(the other side) were worthy of their fear. If you don't understand, its like the reverse of saying that someone is worthy of your praise.

The lesson was that the Soviets knew intimate details of the Wests capabilities so much that they feared them and vice versa.It was one of the reasons the cold war did not go HOT.
The other lesson you can take from this is that knowing or thinking you know the capabilities of an intelligence agency such as the SSS/DSS does not me you shouldn't fear them.When they have political direction to be devastating they can be. IBB's and Abacha's days are not so far away that most of you would have forgotten unless most of you are what i have always suspected :teens or barely past your teens.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Escobapablo(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2015
EMANY01:

There was this saying during the cold war cant remember it exactly now but the substance of it was that the operators ( read spies analysts and fighters) knew enough of the capabilities of each other (that is soviet vs the west) to know and warn their political masters that they(the other side) were worthy of their fear. If you don't understand, its like the reverse of saying that someone is worthy of your praise.

The lesson was that the Soviets knew intimate details of the Wests capabilities so much that they feared them and vice versa.It was one of the reasons the cold war did not go HOT.
The other lesson you can take from this is that knowing or thinking you know the capabilities of an intelligence agency such as the SSS/DSS does not me you shouldn't fear them.When they have political direction to be devastating they can be. IBB's and Abacha's days are not so far away that most of you would have forgotten unless most of you are what i have always suspected :teens or barely past your teens.
yes oga, i am not sure i was even a teen, i hv also stated their ability to take wht they want earlier. I am only trying to say, if d whole country is going corrupt, they shud not be among. For d fear, blive me they r no more as feared as they used to be. Frankly if a masquerade comes to d play ground too often, ppl will fear him less. Lets reason from that perspective. I know they saved 'or one person saved' stuborn IBB then, i know of d abacha thing, which even d personnels/operatives cant beat their chest n prove, so, dont go there. I fear them , i want to fear n trust them more to protect my country, bt we cant stand aside n continue to say everything is fine n dandy. Telling ourselves d truth is a step d right direction, there is something wrong there n it needs to b fixed. Tats d truth. We r dragging this issue sir, i take it u were older than a teen in d 80's . Try i compare that 80's n now. My colleague argued that the problem is they removed d secret from their name. Funny, bt its a school of thought. Oga abeg d gist done tire me sef. Catch u later sir.
Re: Buhari Plans Military Shake-up, Angry With DSS by Nostradamus: 2:05am On Dec 15, 2019
Nice thread.

Lovely discourse

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Endorsement Of Jonathan In November Was A 'Spiritual Drama' - Rev Fr Mbaka / Buhari Donates Two Cows To Corpers In Katsina For Sallah Celebration / Fayose Pictured With Tinubu, Okorocha, Osinbajo, Amosun At Lagos @ 50 Gala Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.