Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model (3444 Views)

What Would It Take For You To Buy An African Car? / Rigging An Acura MDX Engine 2004 / I Need Matured Advice, Am I Too Young Too Own A 7series??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by mikylon(m): 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
I would appreciate your advice as regards the acura MDX model car. What's its cost of maintenance, fuel economy and durability?
Those it have any peculiar fault?
Your advice n thought are highly welcome.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by llade(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Watching
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by domack99(m): 6:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Its a good car, an high end luxury car. The engine capacity is 3.7 litres, except you are box up, the fuel consumption is high if the SUV will be use in places like Lagos.

The part are expensive and what do you expect, same for all high end cars, but you don't expect to visit Mech shop often

1 Like

Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by mikylon(m): 8:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
domack99:
Its a good car, an high end luxury car. The engine capacity is 3.7 litres, except you are box up, the fuel consumption is high if the SUV will be use in places like Lagos.

The part are expensive and what do you expect, same for all high end cars, but you don't expect to visit Mech shop often

Thanks a lot for the info. I just seem to be in love with the vehicle interior. Brilliant interior finishing
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by ichakaobos(m): 10:32am On Jun 27, 2015
Nice ride. Expensive body parts and accessories. Just try and avoid the sports and entertainment package which comes with sensor shock absorbers. Those cost like 200k. A black interior lasts longer than the Tan interior. Any issues can be looked into online and rectified. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by luvinhubby(m): 11:02am On Jun 27, 2015
^^^ichakaobos ekene m gi oo!
Long time.
That sensor shocks for 2009 MDX is now over 350k, the guy should avoid that one branded 'Touring' at the back.
Else, it is a great ride like you pointed out.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by Originalsly: 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Just admire....don't acquire....or your pockets ehmm...your bank account and your head go catch fire. Acura is luxury and advanced technology.....like digital not analog... very little if any tolerance. It needs premium petrol...24/7...or is problems. Problems you need to go to a mechanic..and that's where the real problems begin....even to do scheduled maintenance. MDX is never sold cheaply....loses value soooo slowly because it is that good. In Naija...just don't be an owner.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by ichakaobos(m): 5:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
@ luvinhubby. Daalu Sir.
I actually have the 2007 Acura mdx sports. E no easy o. But sweet ride sha. Make sure u don't stay around ago palace or all those forgotten areas.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by mikylon(m): 4:08pm On Jun 29, 2015
ichakaobos:
@ luvinhubby. Daalu Sir.
I actually have the 2007 Acura mdx sports. E no easy o. But sweet ride sha. Make sure u don't stay around ago palace or all those forgotten areas.

So do you use regular fuel for ur 2007 acura mdx.... or any fuel works fine.
Also , when u said "e no easy" I really want to know the challenges with the ride aside the high fuel consumption.
Thanks
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by llade(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by llade(m): 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Can the 2008 acura mdx tolerate naija fuel and how much can one budget for it. Went for survey at berger auto market n d guys told me 4million Although it was on a Saturday about 3 wks ago and saw no real eagerness for them to sell and bring their price down. Can one get it cheaper in cotonou.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by sultaan(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
llade:
Can the 2008 acura mdx tolerate naija fuel and how much can one budget for it. Went for survey at berger auto market n d guys told me 4million Although it was on a Saturday about 3 wks ago and saw no real eagerness for them to sell and bring their price down. Can one get it cheaper in cotonou.

Less than $20k for a 2009 MDX, you should double check on that
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by llade(m): 8:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
sultaan:

Less than $20k for a 2009 MDX, you should double check on that
But u remember exchange rate is over 200 naira for 1 dollar. Do the maths.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by ichakaobos(m): 9:40am On Jul 02, 2015
So far its been regular fuel and fuel treatment and injector cleaner. Just don't allow danfos and Keke kiss you. The parts of the Mdx are mostly original or Taiwan at Oyingbo, few china. In summary na money matter. The 07 and 08 are 3.8-4m in the market. So cotonou should be 3M - 3.5m. Cheers.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by yhemsy62(m): 9:47am On Jul 02, 2015
if u are buying it @cotonou u can reach me for d custom duty(original paper)

check my signature
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by markjones12345: 3:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
If u want to buy I have one for sale ,my stand is located at sokoto wamako ,we do sale tokubo used cars contact 09033107391
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by TUDEXautoCARE(m): 5:25am On Jul 03, 2015
2009 aAcura MDX, What a ride sweet ride with good fuell economy. The peculiar fault has to do with Transmission maintenance. Proper and right use of fluids as when due. Paying attention to any light that pop up on the dashboard as soon as possible by scanning to pin point the cause and rectify immediately
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by domack99(m): 7:01am On Jul 03, 2015
TUDEXautoCARE:
2009 aAcura MDX, What a ride sweet ride with good fuell economy. The peculiar fault has to do with Transmission maintenance. Proper and right use of fluids as when due. Paying attention to any light that pop up on the dashboard as soon as possible by scanning to pin point the cause and rectify immediately

Acura MDX transmission issue was resolve with 05 or 06 model, not really sure. 04 model downward are more prone to transmission wahala if you don't follow their maintenance schedule and more complicated with Naija mechanic.
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by luthorcorp: 7:04am On Jul 03, 2015
sweet piece of machinery,quite expensive to maintain but your mechman won't know you as a regular..
the parts are mostly original so that garantees tje curability..
meanwhile check my signature
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by luthorcorp: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2015
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] Have you had badbreath(halitosis) for a long
time now and it frightens you to open your
mouth when others are opening theirs,then
contact me today for a permanent solution
via........WhatsApp and phone no:
+2348082801194,bbm:566ef808
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by mikebuddy(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Any ideas on the 05?
Re: Please Advice-am About To Buy An Acura MDX 2009 Model by DONFASZY(m): 7:42am On Jul 09, 2017
Cc
Gazzzuzzz

Whats ur own point of view on dis ride
U b ma own final say cos I lv dis ride

(1) (Reply)

Best Gear Oil For Honda (end Of Discussion) 2004 / Tinted Permit: Updates Is Needed / How Do I Register A Dealer Plate Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.