Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. (56984 Views)

Nigerian Entertainers And The Baby Daddy Syndrome / Nigerian Entertainers And Inter-Tribal Marriages ( Photos ) / Nigerian Entertainers And Their Girlfriends ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by KB1(m): 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2009
A lot of folks have this misconception of that most or even a significant portion of Black-American male entertainers have white or other non-black wives, girlfriends or fiances. This is FALSE, by a loooooooooooong shot. The vast, vast, vast majority of them have a fellow Black-American mate, and the majority of the remainder have a black mate of another ethnic background. Most serious reports done on this issue have already proven this, though seeing is believing and as just a general free time event of mine-- I've been scanning the net for pics of AA male entertainers of all types and their mates, and was actually kind of surprised myself at the outcome. The outcome was that, the reports are right; the vast, vast majority of them have black women. Now as for famous African and Caribbean men in the west; well the situation is a totally different story to that of their Black-American counters. They are coupled with White women by a very large majority. Shame, shame.

Titans quarterback Steve McNair, pictured with his wife, Mechelle, was named the Philanthropist of the Year Wednesday at Baptist Sports Park.

Former Titans RB Eddie George and his wife, Tamara, were among the celebrity judges helping to select the 2005 cheerleading squad.

Michael Jordan and Ex-Wife

Denzel Washington and Wife

Morgan Freeman and Wife

Snoop Dogg and Wife

Chris Brown and Rhianna. grin

Obama and wife Michelle

[img]http://images.hollywoodgrind.com:9000/images/2007/11/tamekausher1.jpg[/img]
Usher and wife

P.Diddy and Ex-Wife

jay-Z and wife Beyonce

[img]http://blackcelebritykids.files./2008/05/stevefam2.jpg[/img]
Steve Harvey and Wife and kids

Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by JJYOU: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2009
wbb
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by Raymond88(m): 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2009
Black celeb families are just gorgeous! kiss interracials, hack-toiee!! angry
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by KB1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2009

Allen Iverson and Family

[img]http://brownsugarpages.files./2008/04/w_anthony_195.jpg[/img]
Carmelo Anthony and Fiance LaLa

Shaq and Ex-Wife

Kevin Garnette and his Wife Brandy
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by JJYOU: 11:24pm On Feb 28, 2009
u are a disgrace. how did naomi make your list in 2009? what is your point?
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by tpia: 11:43pm On Feb 28, 2009
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 28, 2009
[img]http://blackcelebritykids.files./2008/05/stevefam2.jpg[/img]
VERY BEAUTIFUL FAMLIY. . . . .

I LOVE THE SHOES THOSE 3 WOMEN ARE WEARING. SEXY!
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by chiogo(f): 12:00am On Mar 01, 2009
@poster, who cares if they marry their fellow AAs??

Aww, KG's wife is cute!! and umm, Steve Harvey's family is just adorable,

And does Allen Iverson's wife look black to you? tsk! he even put chris and rihanna, lmfao, what a joke!!

tpia:

how did snoop dog get that kind of nice looking woman.
I've been asking myself the same question. I first saw her on their family show, "Fatherhood". They supposedly started dating since high school, even went to prom together. I guess gangstas like good girls. cheesy
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by KB1(m): 3:13am On Mar 01, 2009
chiogo:

@poster, who cares if they marry their fellow AAs??

Aww, KG's wife is cute!! and umm, Steve Harvey's family is just adorable,

And does Allen Iverson's wife look black to you? tsk! he even put chris and rihanna, lmfao, what a joke!!
I've been asking myself the same question. I first saw her on their family show, "Fatherhood". They supposedly started dating since high school, even went to prom together. I guess gangstas like good girls. cheesy

Yes, AI's wife is an African-American fair skinned women, of some obvious distant mixture much in the same way I am and millions upon millions of other AA folks. So what are you talking about? They began dating back in high school in Philly.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by KB1(m): 5:01am On Mar 01, 2009

Jermain and Wife Janet

Kanye West and wife Alexis

Nelly and Wife Ashanti

DARREN SHARPER & GABRIELLE UNION

[img]http://beauxu.files./2008/12/kelis.jpg[/img]
Nas and wife Kalis

Will Smith and Family

[img]http://mediaoutrage.files./2008/07/forest-keisha.jpg[/img]
Forest Whitaker and his Wife Keisha

[img]http://mediaoutrage.files./2008/07/nicole-michael.jpg[/img]
Michael Strahan of the NY Giants and his Fiance Nicole Murphy (Eddy Murphy's Ex-wife)

[img]http://charcoalink.files./2009/02/meagan-good.jpg?w=424&h=611[/img]
Meagan Good & NFL star player Thomas Jones

[img]http://Eva Pigford & Lance Gross[/img]

Omar & wife Keisha Epps

[img]http://thejournalista.files./2008/10/tylerperrystudiosopeninggala-ak2w8m1ctrl2.jpg?w=594&h=400[/img]
Tyler Perry & wife Gelila Bekele (Ethiopian model)

Alonzo Mourning (NBA star) and Family.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by NYWM1(m): 3:37am On Mar 12, 2009
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by DeReloaded: 3:38am On Mar 12, 2009
The fact that you would use P Diddy as an example shows how retarded you are

You mean the same P Diddy that has kids with Kim Porter yet is dating Cassy? Also he has NEVER married Kim.

Just because you are on a Naija forum doesnt mean we cant lies from facts. Some of us live outside of Nigeria. Were oniro

Tyler Perry is a homosexual and NOT married

Ashanti isnt married

Kanye isnt married

Boris Kidjoe is Ghanian and not considered black american. If anything he's a true African American

For someone as pretty as Megan, she needs to buy taste and class.

Anyway quit being such a liar
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by OgidiBoy(m): 3:53am On Mar 12, 2009
It maybe true that most of they black athletes you have up there are married to sisters on paper, the fact remains that most if not all of them have white mistresses on the side. sad
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by UNLEASHED(m): 4:20am On Mar 12, 2009
wow! Snoop Dog's wife is cool!
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by spikedcylinder: 7:25am On Mar 12, 2009
Half the people on that list are not married. Whats the point of this? Myth? Joker!
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by chiogo(f): 7:15pm On Mar 12, 2009
The title does say marriage/dating.

I just don't get the whole lying about some people married to eachother. Last time I checked, Kanye and that chick are no longer dating, much more being married.

Diddy and kim porter are so old news! It's cassie now.

JD and janet also broke up recently.

Since when are ashanti and nelly married? Na wa oo.

Last time I checked, gabrielle union is after the NBA star, Dwayne Wade. Tsk tsk!
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by DisGuy: 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2009
Abeg which cassie is p diddy going out with? da same one dat sang shocked

DARREN SHARPER & GABRIELLE UNION > she married? cry

Michael Strahan of the NY Giants and his Fiance Nicole Murphy (Eddy Murphy's Ex-wife)
why is she still using murphy? undecided
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by spikedcylinder: 7:12am On Mar 13, 2009
Dis Guy:

why is she still using murphy? undecided

Why is Tina still using Turner? undecided
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 13, 2009
Is Gelila Bekele married to Tyler Perry? shocked shocked shocked

For someone as pretty as Megan, she needs to buy taste and class.

Exactly what I thought. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by DeReloaded: 4:49pm On Mar 13, 2009
Tyler's not married. He's gay.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by KB1(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2009
No, Tyler P. is married to that Ethiopian chick. I read about in some celebrity magazine.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by DeReloaded: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2009
No he's not.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by davidif: 2:16pm On Mar 14, 2009
ACCORDING TO THE BUREAU OF LABOR CENSUS 89% OF BLACKS ARE MARRIED TO BLACKS. so you people stop making useless conjecture.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by iice(f): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
Rofl @ Thread.

Wife Janet, Wife Ashanti, Wife of Kanye rofl.
Hope you've seen Kanye's new girl, i don't even know if she's human grin
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by spikedcylinder: 8:35am On Mar 16, 2009
So Tyler Perry is really gay? shocked shocked
Not that it relates to the topic or anything but I think his mouth looks like a beak. tongue grin grin
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by DeReloaded: 3:23pm On Mar 16, 2009
Dude's gay but he's the type that TRIES to keep it on the low like Anderson Cooper
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by shotster50(m): 10:42pm On Mar 18, 2009
Dunno what the hell this is about but some of the people on here are not even presently in relationships. This thread needs editing/updating.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by oyinda3(f): 10:04pm On Jul 06, 2009
KB1:

Titans quarterback Steve McNair, pictured with his wife, Mechelle, was named the Philanthropist of the Year Wednesday at Baptist Sports Park.

haha irony abi irony

chiogo has the best answer. i dont' see the point of this topic
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by SeanT21(f): 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2009
Who cares who dates who?? As long as they are happy.
Re: Myth About African-american Entertainers And Marriage/dating. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2010
Raymond88:

Black celeb families are just gorgeous!   kiss interracials, hack-toiee!!  angry

I agree. wink

(1) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Wows In Fring Mini Dress (photos) / Unoaku Anyadike Shares No Makeup Pics / Is Funke Akindele Pregnant Or Is This Pot Belly? Fans Ask (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.